Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    11/8/2012

Stretching and target muscle strengthening .... 35 min ...

Mutifidi ... prone trunk extension, on stomach, on knees, ... 3s/30sec each
    Psoas, Iliocostalis ... seated, bent knee flexion ... prone bent knee flexion.. 2s /30sec each
    Glute Medius ... Prone, one bent knee leg raise.... hold for as long as possible ...2s/each leg

Cardio ... 4.86mi/104c/6d/16min

Back and Biceps

Barbell rows ...3s/65/6 ... back feels much better today ... restoring my confidence ... targeted well
    Pulldowns ...2s/75/6 ... nice flex in the back, kept the tension targeted ... kept neck loose, shoulders down
    Low Pulley rows,vbar ...2s/90/6... started at 120, lost my target protecting my neck... dropped to 90#, much better
    Low Pulley rows,straight bar ...2s/90/6 ...this felt different ... need to study this move
    Alternating DB Curls...2s/90/6... good contraction. constant tension,, blast on the one
    BB Curls ...1s/45/6...1s/30/6 ... using my neck again, getting tired, dropped weight second set and got better target
    Hammer curls..1s/15/6 ... 20lbs next time ...

Really happy with how I felt in the gym today. All the stretching and strengthening I have been doing the last mos is beginning to pay off. ..I am using my body more efficiently , stretching in between clients when I can and practicing great positional ergonomics while I work. ... the strengthening of my back and hips is resolving my neck issues ... less bracing, compensating. ... I lifted today without any feelings of weakness. More balanced.

MzJules
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just checking in on you Mz Jules. Glad to see you are loving the coaching!
    Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    11/4/2012

Reminder:
    You have people in your corner rooting for you ... I AM LOVED!!

MzJules ... Mass Machine ...//
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    11/8/2012

"Creatively find a way to eat what you have planned and when you have planned to eat. Live up to your own self-imposed standards as much as you can. When you fall short, you bounce back to "fight another day" just like you must do to be successful in ANY area of your life. "Skip"

I know I am not the only one that struggles to get their meals in ....... thinking about what my beliefs around food are today .

MzJules
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

[QUOTE=MzJules;976424383]11/8/2012

SAVING THIS ....there is always something else to understand about the journey isn't there?

If you can feel great stimulation performing any exercise a certain way with a certain amount of weight--but lose that great feeling when you add more weight--you have to either one of two things:

1. Don't add more weight and always get the great feel and stimulation.

2. Sacrifice some of the great feel and stimulation until your body and mind learn how to become just as effective with the added weight. This may take time. Just as with any skill you want to acquire, you will not always be great at it immediately.

There have been many times when I challenged myself to lift heavier weight--and sucked at doing it at first.

During the process, I had some real eye opening experiences. Many times I said to myself afterward......

....."Hey! I may not have done that as effectively as I wanted--but it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I KNOW I'll eventually get it right with this amount of weight with enough time and effort."

On many occasions, I eventually did. Sometimes, I never did and I had to lower the weight back down in order to be effective.

That's just how the process of taking yourself to higher levels works.

If you feel you given it enough time and effort with the heavier weight, then maybe it's just too heavy--for you....Skip

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What are people REALLY looking for? That "certification" or that motivation & inspiration....

2) I saw the stretched skin in my back during the workouts - I see the RESULTS

Thanks for checkin in Henderjb ... I see the results too! Love your last pics.............. I really do see the value of coaching..... helps keep you on your toes! .... How is your Personal training coming? did you say you were going to get certified? ... ...MzJ
    Visit:

11/8/2012

Meals were 5-5
    Disciplines... 5-5
    Daily tasks ... 2-5 .

What was Great About My Day?

**** at all my meals ...5 meals .. 2 shakes ...
    1. great time in the gym ... body is feeling better ...
    2. eating is on track again
    3. took a lot of time to get back in touch with my dream ... used mindvids and stoked the fire of "burning desire" to reach my goals
    4. The muscles ... they are becoming so familiar now ...

What Could I Have Done Better

1. better use of my time .... I did not follow my tasks list again. I am such an artsy girl ... I do love dreamin. Ok...tomorrows another day to get crackin.

More Enjoyment

1. More results ...

Tomorrow

1. Shoulders and Traps ..
    DB shoulder Press..3/4-6
    Side Lateral DB Raises ...3s/4-6
    Bentover DB Lateral raises ..2s/4-6
    Shrugs ...2s/4-6
    BB Upright Row...1/4-6

2. work ... another opportunity to make some money while practicing what I have learned ..
    3. Food ...eat every meal on time... this is my fuel ...
    5. 1 hour minimum muscle study ....

MzJules ... Mass Machine[/QUOTE]

11/9/2012

Working out was a little harder today, sore from yesterday. I am off the next 3 days and plan on using it to reconnect more deeply to my workouts. More cardio ......... after 3 mos of school intensives it will be refreshing

DB shoulder Press..3s/20lbs/6 .... got connected very well in warm up ... focused hard on targeting keeping neck as relaxed as possible
    Side Lateral DB Raises ...3s15//6 ... felt this in my shou;lders more than I have before ...
    Bentover DB Lateral raises ..2s/15/6 ... careful to stay on target ..keep neck relaxed ...
    Shrugs ...2s/45/ ... 6 ... light but focused on intensity and created real work
    BB Upright Row...1/40/6 ... I like this move ... how it made my shoulders feel ... it's new will raise weight next time

Stretching and target muscle strengthening .... 30 min ...

Mutifidi ... prone trunk extension, on stomach, on knees, ... 3s/30sec each
    Psoas, Iliocostalis ... seated, bent knee flexion ... prone bent knee flexion.. 2s /30sec each
    Glute Medius ... Prone, one bent knee leg raise.... hold for as long as possible ...2s/each leg

Cardio ... 4.73mi/116c/6d/17min

did not make my second cardio session. I may have to buy Ken a membership and plant him on a bike too so I can get to the gym. .... been thinking about this for awhile...... getting all my meals in and eating some extra. figuring out a strategy for this bug. ....

MzJules ... Mass Machine[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Mz Jules, just curious. I saw you wrote you struggle to get your meals in. What is it that challenges you? Your work schedule & unpredictability of clients/schedule?
    Visit:

11/9/2012

I have listened to this several times. Incredible wisdom that never fails to move me mentally. It's a gift.

[QUOTE=skiplacour;974122383]
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

11-4-12

Bodybuilding Success Is 80% Psychology and 20% Strategies

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

11/9/2012

5 Daily Actions ... score ..5/5

1. 5 meals a day scheduled times...10
    2. Stretch, cardio, ...10
    3. the study of Anatomy, muscle testing and palpation skills ... 8
    4. Track money ... ...10
    5. Keep the vision and my goals "real" in my head. ...10

What Was Great About Today?

1. Made good money today. I was "inspiring" HaHa!!
    2. Had another awesome workout today and feel my body responding to the "mindset" change that is happening again. Right thinking really is important. Champions understand how much psychology plays a part in their success. they can and do make whatever they are doing work for them making adjustments as they go as needed.
    3. Mind, muscle connection was different today. I am way more relaxed about what I am doing now. There is still a sense of urgency, just able to direct it better.. Calling it up a little stronger each day.
    4.Feeling more confidence in my physical strength. It is still not where I want it but the stretching and strengthening is doing it's job.
    5. MUSCLE STUDY .... Love, love loving this more and more .... I AM a Muscle Nerd ...

1. REALLY having trouble getting started with daily tasks tracking. I write the list but then take off and forget!... haha ... I see how much of a free spirit I am with regards to how I operate. I'LL GET IT!

More Enjoyment

1...I AM having fun everyday. Learning to really enjoy and appreciate the process.

Tomorrow

[b][i]1. Cardio, stretching.
    2. Eat all 5 meals and shakes
    3. Study
    5. Study some more ...be outstanding ...you have 2 mos..track it, do it! ...

MzJules ... Mass Machine ...[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-10-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Hey Henderjb,....
    1. Yes, I agree, people do want to be motivated and inspired! Just thought the study was for you actually.

2. While I do have scheduling issues I have to work around for meals, it is never too difficult. I have kept shakes under my table when really slammed and that has worked fine. ...It is simply a matter of the perspective I seem to have about food and how I have used it in the past. ... It has been like a drug for me and has been instrumental in creating a very effective means of hiding..... which is ridiculous since I spent the last 25 years on a stage!! ... the reasons are complex and most do not apply any longer. I am working on the residual behaviors with Skip which seem to be associated with my beliefs about it...... we'll see. Basically, it's a deeply ingrained habit of dealing with stress which includes overeating AND undereating........The great thing is is that I am so much better now than I was just 8 mos ago at the beginning of the challenge.

I am going to reach my goal Henderjb, ...135lbs ... sporting some real muscle too! .. ... hold me to it ... and I plan on one day posting my pic up "IN A SUIT". ..... It may take awhile but I am really learning to enjoy the battle more and more.... It may be more than you wanted to know but the personal growth I have experienced this year and continue to experience I believe is going to land me exactly where I plan. Not just "fit" but very emotionally equipped to handle it too if you get my meaning.

"I believe it has everything to do with "identity". ...I am slowly creating a new one.

Nuff said ... .... Honestly, do you hit the mark everyday with your food and what are your thoughts about it?.... MzJ

Never change things by fighting the existing reality ...... to change something build a new model that makes the existing one obsolete." ...Buckmunster Fuller

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Mz Jules, just curious. I saw you wrote you struggle to get your meals in. What is it that challenges you? Your work schedule & unpredictability of clients/schedule?

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Mzjules

yes i am still on the journey it never ends!! studying hard still just about to hit the books again!

I make it a daily disclipine to listen to Skips ausio or someone else to motivate me infact just been library and got a load of Cd's to put on my ipod!! Tony robbins Power talk, zig ziglar and the science of personal acheivement by napoleon Hill

Keep on keeping on I see the 135 for you!!
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

11/10/2012

Left Rhomboids and neck very stiff and painful today. It's the flys. First time for upright rows too. Tracking this for next week. I swear I am going to overcome all this crap!! ....

Seated Calf Raises ...75lbs ...2s/6 ... good muscle connection
    Standing Calf Raises ..2s/180lbs/6 .. good flex in the calves but I felt the pressure in m,y left shoulder ... make adjustments and keep pushin...
    Weighted Leg Raises...2s/15lbs/22 .. stomach was very strong..felt like I could keep going...
    Weighted Incline Crunch ..2s/10lbs/20 ... stomach complaining after that ... I love it
    Wrist curls ..2s/20lbs/8 ...good form and work for the weight
    DB wrist curls...2s/15lbs/8 ... like doing wrists one at a time ...
    Stretching ...20 min ...guarding my left shoulder
    Cardio .. 6/94/15 min ...bike

Overall workout ... 5 ..

1. 5 meals a day scheduled times...5 ...food got down...times all over the road...
    2. Stretch, ...10 ...feeling a little discouraged but went through my paces anyway...
    3. the study of Anatomy, ...10 .... back, neck, shoulder, arm ....THE ARM! what a mess....
    4. Track money ... ...10 .... worked on budget ... I will surpass my goals for the year if I continue this way
    5. Work on and read daily my vision ...10 ... diet is 85% of BB ...

Meals were 5-5
    Disciplines... 5-5
    Daily tasks ... 0-5 ....i did not do 1 thing I wrote down today ... I really have to rethink the tasks I choose

1. Got some needed rest
    2. nailed down my finances for the rest of the y ear ... guesstimating taxes for next year ..

1. better attitude and manner around my sons.

More Enjoyment

1. I am happiest when I am producing. there are a couple jobs I MUST get done once and for all this week. Everyday I will do one thing on it till it's done.

Tomorrow

1. one client ...
    2. chores
    3. Mom

RESULTS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MzJules; 11-10-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Actually MzJules, it wasn't too much info at all. I really was interested in the challenges that people face with getting meals in because this has never been a problem of mine. To answer your question, yes, I do always get my meals in. In all honesty, I can't remember the last time I missed a meal. I am kind of on the other end of the spectrum, where if I did miss a meal it would cause me tremendous stress & anxiety because I am so accustomed to my schedule & follow-through with this aspect. It is "my identity" to get all these meals in.

That's not to say I don't struggle some days, falling behind a bit on a meal due to a schedule conflict like getting stuck in a high profile meeting where I was the key player making it difficult to eat & feel comfortable doing so. This is something I have gotten better at as I have become more comfortable with my identity.

As for you, I am glad you are learning to understand yourself and the heart of your challenges. Now that you understand them, you can learn to combat them & transform yourself even further to that person you want to be & CAN BE! On that note - I know I'll be seeing you in that "suit" at 135#.

Hey Henderjb,....
    1. Yes, I agree, people do want to be motivated and inspired! Just thought the study was for you actually.

2. While I do have scheduling issues I have to work around for meals, it is never too difficult. I have kept shakes under my table when really slammed and that has worked fine. ...It is simply a matter of the perspective I seem to have about food and how I have used it in the past. ... It has been like a drug for me and has been instrumental in creating a very effective means of hiding..... which is ridiculous since I spent the last 25 years on a stage!! ... the reasons are complex and most do not apply any longer. I am working on the residual behaviors with Skip which seem to be associated with my beliefs about it...... we'll see. Basically, it's a deeply ingrained habit of dealing with stress which includes overeating AND undereating........The great thing is is that I am so much better now than I was just 8 mos ago at the beginning of the challenge.

I am going to reach my goal Henderjb, ...135lbs ... sporting some real muscle too! .. ... hold me to it ... and I plan on one day posting my pic up "IN A SUIT". ..... It may take awhile but I am really learning to enjoy the battle more and more.... It may be more than you wanted to know but the personal growth I have experienced this year and continue to experience I believe is going to land me exactly where I plan. Not just "fit" but very emotionally equipped to handle it too if you get my meaning.

"I believe it has everything to do with "identity". ...I am slowly creating a new one.

Nuff said ... .... Honestly, do you hit the mark everyday with your food and what are your thoughts about it?.... MzJ

Never change things by fighting the existing reality ...... to change something build a new model that makes the existing one obsolete." ...Buckmunster Fuller
    Visit:

11/11/2012

Reading my journal more .....I remember thinking "ok, so what the hell am I taking all this stuff for?" ... Glutamine is an awesome supplement. I did research on all the supplements at one point and there is some very good info about it all.

Glutamine MM525...

Glutamine is the most common amino acid found in your muscles - over 61% of skeletal muscle is Glutamine. Glutamine consists of 19% nitrogen, making it the primary transporter of nitrogen into your muscle cells. During intense training, Glutamine levels are greatly depleted in your body, which decreases strength, stamina and recovery. It could take up to 6 days for Glutamine levels to return to normal - and Glutamine plays a key role in protein synthesis. Glutamine also plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism.
    Glutamine also increases your ability to secrete Human Growth Hormone up to 400%, which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles. Glutamine helps maintain cell volume and hydration.

Other benefits...
    Glutamine may serve to boost your immune system. For bodybuilders, this is important since heavy workouts tend to greatly deplete Glutamine levels. (Glutamine is a primary energy source for your immune system.)

Glutamine is one of the most important nutrients for your intestines. It has the ability to 'repair a leaky gut' by maintaining the structural integrity of the bowels.
    I think this is very important to bodybuilders since healthy intestines and digestive system is paramount in the efficient use of all nutrition.

GOOD STUFF!!

stretching ...25 min ... back is much better today ... it was sore form last weeks workout ..

5 Daily Actions ... score ..4/5

1. 5 meals a day scheduled times...4 ...food got down...times all over the road...again
    2. Stretch, ...10 ... moving through my strengthening well ... I will give this routine a few months adding new moves as needed
    3. the study of Anatomy, ...10 .... back, neck, shoulder, arm .... actions
    4. Track money ... ...10 .... made money today and spent too much ... dang!
    5. Work on and read daily my vision ...10 ... diet is 85% of BB ...

Meals were 4-5
    Disciplines... 4-5
    Daily tasks ... 1-5 ....Ha!

1. Worked hard ... made money
    2. Made good connections
    3. Had a great time working on my vision and making it more real to me ...I need to do that everyday

1. Handle a situation once and for all

More Enjoyment

1. I am happiest when I am producing. there are a couple jobs I MUST get done once and for all this week. Everyday I will do one thing on it till it's done. Starting TOMORROW

Tomorrow

1. Coaching call
    2. shopping, cooking for the week ...prepare all my meals for the week
    3. take care of MOm
    4. Read my vison a lot ...stay in it, make it real

RESULTS!!!!!!!!!

Stay focused on the goal, be patient and persistent enjoying everyday you execute well KNOWING you will eventually reach your goal. Keep on executing disciplines everyday. Eat on time ... ALL your food, Take your supplements. Trust the plan and see the prize.

Last edited by MzJules; 11-12-2012 at 05:12 PM.

11/12/2012

stretching ...25 min ...

1. 5 meals a day scheduled times...8 ...ate my meals, missed times
    2. Stretch, ...10 ... moving through my strengthening well ...felt very limber today, still some hip and rhomboid pain ..working it out
    3. the study of Anatomy, ...10 .... back, neck, shoulder, arm .... actions
    4. Track money ... ...NA ....
    5. Work on and read daily my vision ...10 ...

Meals were 5-5
    Disciplines... 4-5
    Daily tasks ... uhm ....Ha! ... ok, this one i am having trouble with ...need to rethink my choices

1. Went to meeting at Healus Clinic ... I start work there next week! ...
    2. Made good connections
    3. Awesome coaching call ... I was very inspired by it today ...

1. I allowed lack of sleep as an excuse to kind of slide today !! Could have produced more.

More Enjoyment

1. Really count my blessings, honestly I am probably annoyingly happy right now.

Tomorrow

1. Chest and Triceps
    2. make money ...
    3. take care of MOm
    4. Read my vison a lot ...stay in it, make it real

RESULTS!!!!!!!!!

Stay focused on the goal, be patient and persistent enjoying everyday you execute well KNOWING you will eventually reach your goal. Keep on executing disciplines everyday. Eat on time ... ALL your food, Take your supplements. Trust the plan and see the prize.

I am cracking up!! I just went through the whole scenario of leaving the spa ....saying goodbye to everyone etc. ... Yeah ... I am doing it .... I knew it was coming ... being among the other therapists and the environment ... I know I am going to soar .... and I am well equipped to meet the challenges I may face there with "grace".

MzJules ... Mass Machine[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

11/13/2012

Saving this ... I like how he puts it ... ...

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Strategies Without The Effort Will Not Help You Lose Your Body Fat

When it comes to dieting to lose body fat, there's no substitute for hard work

Believe me, I really wish this were not the case. Unfortunately, however, you must burn more calories than you ingest every day to lose that stubborn body fat.

Low-fat diets, high-fat, carefully watching your fat intake, hitting you macros, intermittent strategies, or paying close attention to the glycemic index in your foods—it doesn't matter. When the day is done, you must burn more calories than you eat. It doesn't even matter if all the food you eat is healthy, non-junk food, or “clean,” it's total must be lower than your maintenance level.

As I always say, “There's a price-tag on everything.” If you've accumulated some body fat and desperately want to get rid of it, you are going to have to pay the price. The price may be spending more time sweating on a treadmill, feeling hungry on occasion, or both. Whatever method you choose, there will be some pain involved. I would be lying to you if I told you any differently.

Anyone who tells you differently is just flat-out misleading you! I firmly believe it is our desire to discover some painless alternative that we mistakenly believe is “somewhere out there” which prevents us from dieting the way we must in order to accomplish our goal of losing body fat.

There are several ways to burn more calories than you eat. You can add more cardiovascular work to your training regimen, simply eat less food throughout the day, or even do a combination of more cardiovascular training and eating less food.

So, let's quit looking for a magic solution when comes to losing body fat and get to work!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

11/13/2012

Stretching ...20 min ...
    Cardio .. 6/89/15 min ...bike

BB Bench Press ...65lbs..3s/6 ... forgot my music ... I actually think I was more focused ... good connection to pecs
    Incline DB Bench ...15lbs ,,, 2s/6 ... unsure of form ... pecs targeted ... watch vid
    Incline BB Bench ... 65lbs ... 2s/8 .... higher reps on this ...
    Tricep Pushdown ... /90lbs ...2s/6 ... triceps firing ... really good target ...
    Lying tricep Presses ...20lbs ...2/12 ... very light ...did higher reps ... it felt good...

[b] Thinking during the work out about training. I know there are many types and I am wondering that because of the work I am doing if I should be doing something a little different for strength and stamina and not just building muscle. When Skip was training Ronnie he said at the end that Ronnie needed a little different training for his sport. I wonder if this applies with my work. ...

Overall workout ... 6 ..

1. 5 meals a day scheduled times...0 ...
    2. Stretch, ...10
    3. the study of Anatomy, ...10
    4. Track money ... ...10
    5. Work on and read daily my vision ...10

Meals were 4-5
    Disciplines... 4-5
    Daily tasks ... NA

1. Had a great workout tonite.
    2. made money
    3. Will settle on whether or not I give notice this week ... They are doing a Livingsocial blast and I really want to be available as much as possible. It would be hard work but a quick way to build clientele

1. I can do more!! ...

More Enjoyment

1. More positive thoughts...I need to drink more water again ... I am going to eat tons of broccoli for a few days .. that stuff is magic I swear. I makes me feel great!

Tomorrow

1. Legs ..
    2. work ... another opportunity to make some money while practicing what I have learned ..
    3. Food ...eat every meal on time...
    5. 1 hour minimum muscle study .... "you are a muscle nerd"

11/14/2012

Stretching ...30 min ...

5 Daily Actions ... score ..3/5

1. 5 CLEAN meals a day scheduled times...0 ...
    2. Stretch, ...10
    3. the study of Anatomy, ...0
    4. Track money ... ...10

Meals were 5-5 but deviated form plan
    Disciplines... 3-5
    Daily tasks ... NA

1. great money today
    2. decided to take a step of faith
    3. great connections
    4. I slept on the floor last night and my back feels pretty good today even after 5 hours of massage. Gonna sleep on the floor for awhile. I may need to replace my "SLEEP NUMBER" bed!

1. I can do more!! ...

More Enjoyment

1. More positive thoughts...

Tomorrow

1. Legs ..
    2. work on my space

11/15/2012

Squats ....45lbs..4s/6 ...used good intensity, targeting legs, good tight posture
    Leg Press...245lbs ,,, 2s/6... kept constant tension and focused on intensity ... pleased with how much I can get out of the lower weight
    Leg Curls ...60lbs ...2/6 ..very targeted ...
    [b]One legged DB deadlift..20lbs/3s/12 ... not sure what the heck this is called ... switched out dead lift until back issue is resolved ... worked hams and glutes pretty well anyway

stretching ..35 min ... getting more and more limber, back is responding to strengthening
    cardio ... bike and treadmill ...total 30 min ... 226 cal

Whole workout was great ... I am finally at peace with the compromises I have had to make in the gym for my work..... looking into "tensegrity" and other movement modalities to practice ... for myself and to incorporate in my work ... all my challenges have done nothing but bring me more and more knowledge ... about my own body and how to work with others ... lovin it

1. 5 CLEAN meals a day scheduled times...0 ...
    2. Stretch, ...10
    3. the study of Anatomy, ...10
    4. Track money ... ...10

Meals were 5-5 but deviated from plan ...again ...damn almonds!
    Disciplines... 4-5
    Daily tasks ... NA

1. awesome time in the gym
    2. feelig very positive about my direction
    3. great connections
    4.slept on the floor again ... feeling pretty good today ... if this continues my bed is outa here! ... Back to the Futon

1. better use of time ... ...

More Enjoyment

1. More positive thoughts...

Tomorrow

1. Back and Biceps ..
    2. work more on my space ... having a very difficult time getting this done for some reason

MzJules ... Mass Machine[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

11/15/2012

More good stuff from Skip

skiplacour

Getting To The "Next Level"

We all have different "end goals" with our bodybuilding and training efforts. We are of different ages; we have different levels of experience; we have differently genetic capabilities, and we have different levels of time and focus we want to invest.

Over the years, I've invested hundreds of hours helping a lot of people who just life YOU. Whether I helped those people though a forum like this one or weekly one-on-one coaching sessions, I've learned a lot.

I couldn't help but notice that most of the challenges we face as we strive to take ourselves to "the next level" are VERY SIMILAR--no matter if we are a beginner, an intermediate, or are advanced in our bodybuilding and training journey.

Here are the Top 5 distinctions and insights that I've discovered that may help you gain better perspective on what you need to focus on to reach your own goals.

1. Everyone needs a little PUSH. What we are CAPABLE of doing is one thing. Oftentimes, what we actually do is a totally DIFFERENT thing altogether! No matter what level you consider yourself at now, you can do at least a little better. That s true for you too, isn't it? Having someone to give you that friendly push (and sometimes not-so-friendly push) will constantly remind you of who you REALLY are and what you are REALLY all about!

2. We all need to focus on our EATING HABITS and then take our eating habits to the next level. Trust me on this fact: The difference between the body you have now and the body that you REALLY WANT is being determined by your current eating habits. I don't care how good you think your eating habits are now, if you want more muscle and less body fat, you must take your nutritional practices to the next level. I can't tell you how many of my clients THOUGHT they were already doing everything only to discover they could be doing a little bit more of this or a little less of that.

3. We all need to consistently execute the BASICS and then take those basics to higher levels. Stop searching for some fancy-smancy, new fangled training or eating strategy and HOPE it takes you to the next level! The basics executed over and over again fortified with PASSION and DESIRE is what s going to get you there.

4. We all need to be reminded of the basics OVER and OVER AGAIN. No matter what level we are at, I ve noticed that our minds tend to take the basics for granted and we don t concentrate on them as much as we should. During my weekly coaching sessions, I spent at least 75 percent of my time reminding my clients of the things they already knew but were NOT doing.

5. We all need to STRUCTURE our lifestyle to make our bodybuilding and training goals reality. The quality of your physique will be determined by how structured your lifestyle REALLY is. Do you execute your daily tasks the way you must to have the body you want? Not just with your training habits, but with your eating and mental habits as well? My weekly coaching sessions helped my clients set STANDARDS that we high enough to get them where they SAID they wanted to go and then I made sure they lived up to those standards.

Train Hard. Think Big.

11/17/2012

Friday

DB shoulder Press..3/4-6
    Side Lateral DB Raises ...3s/4-6
    Bentover DB Lateral raises ..2s/4-6
    Shrugs ...2s/4-6
    BB Upright Row...1/4-6

SAT

Back and Biceps

Barbell rows ...3s/65/6 ... yup, I am definitely targeting better with the lower weight, really using my back muscles today ... felt that ...
    Pulldowns ...2s/75/6 ... good flex ... neck a little too tight ...felt guarded but did good
    Low Pulley rows,vbar ...2s/90/6... I am feeling all of this today ...check my posture and use my body and do the work ...
    Low Pulley rows,straight bar ...2s/90/6 ...much better connection ... moved through this with confidence ...8
    Alternating DB Curls...2s/20/6... good contraction. constant tension,, feeling my bicepes as I write this ...sore
    BB Curls ...1s/30/6...1s/30/6 ...focused on what I was doing ..
    Hammer curls..1s/15/6 ... arms are tired now ... godd focused and intense ... this is why my arms hurt tonite ... I did not worry about the weight ... I worked it

Meals were 5-5
    Disciplines... 4-5
    Daily tasks ... under construction .

1. good workout and eating
    2. listening to coaching call and understanding better where I am at ... I am struggling to execute at a higher level ... I want more but just like I began this 10 mos ago, knowing nothing and so far from where I am now.. I will also look back on this time from a new height and remember. ..... I will get to the next level.

1. better use of my time ....this is a big one ... I need to produce more this week than last ...

More Enjoyment

1. More results ...

Tomorrow

1. some work
    2. talk to Mom
    3. PERFECT EATING .... nothing off plan

The Next Level for me is to learn every muscle and it's function and how it interacts with all the rest ... to understand movement ... then I can better understand the creation and how to interrupt pain patterns ... This is what I need to be held to. I want to be one of the best. ...

MzJules ... Mass Machine///
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-18-2012 at 10:33 AM.

11/18/2012

Meals were 3-5
    Disciplines... 4-5
    Daily tasks ... under construction .

1. made money
    2. listening to coaching call again ... I get something new everytime ... really inspired a new perspective on a few things today
    3. I understand the idscomfort of being successful ... you just haven't been there before ... have confidence in your plan and it will be alright.

1. I could have gotten up earlier

More Enjoyment

1. More results ...

Tomorrow

1. work ... an opportunity to practice and make money
    2. coaching call ...
    4. I am going to KILL cardio ...
    5. I will recognize my discomfort and perceive it as excitement over the next steps I will make. .. I will not numb these feelings

The Next Level for me is to learn every muscle and it's function and how it interacts with all the rest ... to understand movement ... then I can better understand the creation and how to interrupt pain patterns ... This is what I need to be held accountable for right now. I want to be one of the best. ...

MzJules ... Mass Machine///[/QUOTE]

11/20/2012

If you live in the SF Bay Area and want the best bodywork session you have ever had in your life.... look up "Liivng Social" deals for Marin County. Find "Healus Center" and get an amazing deal on Massage and Bodywork. You already know who to ask for .. ..."Jules"..of course!

Stretching and target muscle strengthening .... 40 min ...
    Cardio...20 min..bike..hauling ass ... lost stats

Meals were 4-5
    Disciplines... 6-5
    study 2 muscles daily.... 2-2

1. great money making day again .. 140 in tips!! not too shabby ... I feel the money coming! I'm picking up momentum ... NEXT LEVEL IS HERE .... but I wont be here long I don't think ...
    2. excellent connections
    3. deep sense of confidence and certainty ... it's awesome to feel this way more and more ...
    4. saw another outside client tonite
    5. body is felling pretty good considering all the bodywork I am doing ... it makes me feel confident about the direction I am going with my approach to working out ...at peace about it
    6. on my game again as far as practicing today .

1. ate some crap! .... just keep movin forward

More Enjoyment

1. pretty great day today ...

Tomorrow

1. work ... an opportunity to practice and make money
    2. Focus on Muscle palpation while I work ... feel the muscle I am memorizing, visualize,
    4. I am going to KILL cardio and stretching ...
    5. spend time with Ken ...take him to a movie
    6. get to the gym by 5:30am

no weights again today. 5 hours doing bodywork ... I feel good though. stretching and one cardio session today. I did some bodyweight exercises to keep the feeling that I am using my muscles. I will maintain the muscle I have put on and lose the rest of this weight while I work on perfecting my NMR skills. When I am more settled in my practice and 40lbs lighter I intend to go at the weights again and see what I can do.

If I am lighter I will be able to actually see the muscle better this time!! HA!HA!

Life is good.

MzJules ... I Am a Mass Machine and I am going to bed

study 2 muscles daily..actions, relationships, attachments.... 2-2

11/20
    1.sternocleido mastoid
    2. scalenes ...continued

11/19
    1. Levator scapulae ...
    2. anterior, posterior, middle scalenes
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-21-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Hi MzJules. I like the way you are rating your meals - 4 out of 5 etc. I want to see more 5 out of 5 so you can reach your weight goal SOONER! Stay on track this Thanksgiving & don't lose sight of your weight loss goals over the Holiday. Best wishes
    Visit:

11/21/2012

Stretching and target muscle strengthening .... 50 min ...
    Cardio...20 min..bike..hauling ass again ...

Meals were 5-5
    Disciplines... 6-5
    study 2 muscles daily.... 2-2

1. will surpass my income goal for the week on Fri ...
    2. excellent connections
    3. making adjustments and moving forward ... doing what I have to do to succeed ...
    4. feels like weight is starting to drop again

1. need to tighten up sleeping pattern

More Enjoyment

Tomorrow

1. thanksgiving
    2. muscle study first thing
    3. having shots as my cheat ...
    4. have a fun relaxing day

MzJules ... I Am a Mass Machine and I am going to bed

study 2 muscles daily..actions, relationships, attachments.... 2-2

11/20
    1.sternocleido mastoid
    2. scalenes ...continued

11/19
    1. Levator scapulae ...
    2. anterior, posterior, middle scalenes[/QUOTE]

11/22/2012

Meals were 3-5 ... not feeling good today. Overtired from a late night and a very productive week
    Disciplines... 4-7
    study 2 muscles daily.... 0-2

1. family was fun
    2. excellent connections
    3. got a very good idea about how to incorporate weights into my impossible schedule coming up ...
    4. I am very thankful for all I have accomplished the last 3 years in my body and my life.
    Very grateful for all I have learned from Skip ... the structure and new ways of thinking have been the catalyst for the many new endeavors I am in right now.

1. I really took it easy today ... too much ... I could have done a little more to stay on track.

More Enjoyment

Tomorrow

1. gym
    3. first day at Healus Clinic ... AWESOME!! ...I am going to do very well there
    4. finish Greenfield tomorrow night

MzJules ... I Am a Mass Machine

study 2 muscles daily..actions, relationships, attachments.... 0-2

11/21
    1. Spinalis
    2. Longissimus

11/20
    1.sternocleido mastoid
    2. scalenes ...continued

11/19
    1. Levator scapulae ...
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-22-2012 at 06:18 PM.

11/22/2012

Stretching and target muscle strengthening .... 40 min ...

Meals were 5-5 ...
    Disciplines... 4-7
    study 2 muscles daily.... 1-2

1. First day at Healus. Sold a package and rebooked and booked her husband
    2. excellent connections
    3. did several chores
    4. made money
    5. had a small set back in a personal matter but I am taking it in my stride and moving forward.

1. slept too long this morning but OMG ... it felt good!

More Enjoyment

1. more positive thoughts

Tomorrow

1. stretching ... 30 min cardio
    2. muscle study
    3. 2nd day at Healus Clinic ... I WILL sell 3 packages
    4. Take care of Pat
    5. Call Mom

study 2 muscles daily..actions, relationships, attachments.... 0-2

11/22
    1. Spinalis ...continued
    2. Subscapularis

11/22
    1. Spinalis
    2. Longissimus ...continued

11/21
    1. Spinalis
    2. Longissimus

11/20
    1.sternocleido mastoid
    2. scalenes ...continued

11/19
    1. Levator scapulae ...
    ///

11/24/2012

Meals were 4-5 ...
    Disciplines... 6-7
    study 2 muscles daily.... 1-2

The Room I worked in Today at Healus ... it was very awesome ..

1. worked on 3 clients .. sold 2 packages
    2. excellent connections
    3. worked on 14 people this week and my body feels great ... the stretching, great ergonomics when I work, cardio ... my stamina is building ... I am working it out ... I didn't think I was going to make it there for a minute ... now that I think about it, it's exactly what I went through with the weights in the beginning. It really was a struggle to push through the mental barriers and just keep on keepin on. It is not determined by how you feel. ... It is a process. Set up your disciplines and just keep trying to knock them down everyday. I have had to make a lot of adjustments these past few mos....I have added a lot to my plate.... I have more to knock down than I did before. .... ... tracking and quantifying everyday has been good..... I may not do it perfectly but I am stacking up success's. ... They outweigh my slips and I see that.... Im getting it. ..... I am going to weigh 135lbs AND be highly successful...... all I am struggling to integrate right now will be so much easier in 6mos..... that just made me laugh for joy ... and then I will begin the fight for the Next Level[/b]

1. learned how to work the frickin credit card machine so I don't look like an idiot!

More Enjoyment

1. stellar day today ...

Tomorrow

1. gym
    3. some work
    4. finish Greenfield

study 2 muscles daily..actions, relationships, attachments.... 1-2

11/24
    1. subscapularis
    2. infrispinatus

11/23
    1. Spinalis ...continued
    2. Subscapularis

11/22
    1. Spinalis
    2. Longissimus ...continued

11/21
    1. Spinalis
    2. Longissimus

11/20
    1.sternocleido mastoid
    2. scalenes ...continued

11/19
    1. Levator scapulae ...
    2. anterior, posterior, middle scalenes[/QUOTE]

11/24/2012
    I absolutely LOVE this thinking ... you inspire everyday Skip ...thankyou for the leadership

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Mass Machine Mindset - #6

Every single action you take toward your ultimate bodybuilding goal is important. Put 100 percent of your focus and attention into EVERYTHING you do at the time you are doing it. Adopt the mindset that your weight training session is “the most important thing in the world” while you are doing it. That intense cardio session is the “most important thing in the world” while you are doing it. The same goes for eating that meal when scheduled and getting the most out of that one set you are doing.

However, once it’s done—it’s done. If you did not do as well as you wanted, it doesn't matter anymore because it was just one step of a long and involved journey. It’s no longer important. If you did do well, it doesn't matter either for the very same reason. It’s the action step that’s immediately in front of you that’s now “the most important thing in the world.” I call this the “Rinse and Repeat Mentality.”

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-25-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast