Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!

I have lost 89lbs in the last 14 mos. It should have taken 8 but I learned a very big lesson while fighting the up and down of 10lbs for months!!

"NO PERSON, IDEA OR INSTITUTION BECOMES GREAT WITH OUT GREAT RESISTANCE"

It is a LAW. It will happen. Accept it and understand it is actually life testing you to see if you have what it takes to earn the prize. Your goal.

When I understood and accepted the natural progression of great effort and that the battle of mental and physical resistance are just part of it ... it changed everything. I have learned to welcome it and manage it
    because I know when I push through it, on the other side is the power to "DO".

And resistance is not just internal. It can come from the outside in many forms. Family, friends, bad decisions and circumstances. I am cleaning up a mess right now I made because of some bad decisions . I was devastated for a minute but because of all the visualizations I have done, pages of writing and rewriting and refining what I know I "AM" I went to my new DEFAULT settings! I am acting from a new paradigm.
    It's so cool.

It's true. You can completely change yourself and your life. Plan it, see it, feel it. Act "as if". It really works.

I am very excited about this Challenge and what I am going to learn from it. But last night right before I posted my Bodyblog my mind slipped into resistance with ... Look at all these guys taking the challenge. They are already so fit and ripped looking and you are so far from that. And you are 58 AND I haven't seen another woman doing this yet. (If you are , please say hi)

Anyway, I don't care. I'm doing it.

Jules
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome, MzJules.

Assignment #1 - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Video #4

Photo and Writing Assignment due Monday at 8 am Pacific.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Jules, I'm another woman in the challenge, and I think they are at least a couple others, though I can't remember the names right off the top of my head? Thanks for starting the group for us!

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey CewSaw. Good to hear from you! If you see these other women you mentioned invite them over. I am still figuring this website out. I posted my workout last night and it erased it and sent me somewhere else. A little buggy I think. I meant to ask you if you have a specific competition in mind you are preparing for?
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

I lost another lb but wow... I literally worked out like an "old lady" last night. Back to perfect nutrition. Ladies ... come on over to MassMachineMusclePackinMaMa's and say hi. There may only be a few of us but I'm thinking it would be a blast to see how many categories in the contest we could DOMINATE!! I'm going to list the ones Skip mentioned in my next post. You can pick one or a couple and add it to your goals.

CewSaw is going to get up on a stage and compete! I believe she can do it!

And I want to say this again... GUYS ARE WELCOME TO COME IN AND POST and hang out with us!

"Goals without deadlines are just dreams"

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am awarding you 100 points for starting an ONLINE JOURNAL because I know the tremendous value of doing so. You'll also get additional points for every journal entry you make during the entire six-month journey.

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

What do I Want To Get Out of the MM Challenge

I want:
    135lbs ... 37 24 36 ... (I was that once before.) Lean, muscular, feminine and strong.
    A greater understanding of bodybuilding and nutrition and how to apply it.
    Greater discipline, focus and mental toughness.
    Meet new people and develop new relationships.
    I WANT TO WIN A WEEK OF PERSONAL TRAINING WITH SKIP !
    Networking has not been a strength of mine but I may learn to develop it here. We'll see.

I only just came across Skip a couple months ago but I knew after a few readings that he understood deeply all the aspects of what was required to become great and could organize and articulate it very well. The holistic approach to the development of not just the body but the mind and emotions and character makes this about so much more. There is a balance in it. It affects your whole life.
    I expect to be surprised.

MzJ

Up at 7am and had my first meal. Second one coming up. Still training myself in this discipline. This is funny to me since I was so overweight you would think I ate all the time. But actually I starved a lot and then stuffed ... the wrong foods. Eating plan for Sumo wrestlers! ... starve and stuff.
    Successful people develop the habit of doing things they do not want to do. I love structure but I resist it. Spoiled girl.

Today I am doing the circuit I have posted on my page twice through. I haven't been through it 3x yet but I really am getting stronger every week. 6 mos ago I couldn't get up from the floor without something to hold onto. I love the circuit training. I like all the movement and its intense ... and there is cardio mixed in. I'm really not a cardio machine kinda gal although I do get on the eliptical for 20 min .

So, I'm off to a good start I think. Looking forward to slipping into my size nine skinny jeans one day and seeing the muscle I can develop in the next 6 mos.

cheers

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome to the challenge and good luck.
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

Thanks baldbird! I really do intend to transform.

GeneC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck! this challange should be awesome for every one! Having skip one of the greatest BB of our time will be a amazing experince.
    if your not scared the weights not heavy enough

Juggs14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggs14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good work! dont stop and just keep pushing yourself. You sound like you have the mentality you need. Congrats on the weight loss

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ohhh...I need to insert the red-faced smiley here...It was a competition last year actually...I created my Bodyspace account last April, the competition was September, last year was one of those years that just disappeared in the blink of an eye. It was during that period of time I really got extremely unmotivated and backslid, but thanks for your kind words! Right now I'm just kind of competing with myself. The real sad thing was that if I'd shown up in any kind of shape at all I would have won something, there were only two female bodybuilders. But I had no where near enough muscle to do it, still it's been a long-term dream, right now though, just competing with myself I guess
    Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    Hey CewSaw. Good to hear from you! If you see these other women you mentioned invite them over. I am still figuring this website out. I posted my workout last night and it erased it and sent me somewhere else. A little buggy I think. I meant to ask you if you have a specific competition in mind you are preparing for?

Originally Posted by GeneC3 View Post
    Good luck! this challange should be awesome for every one! Having skip one of the greatest BB of our time will be a amazing experince.
    Good luck to you also and yes I agree. I recognize a very distinct mindset in Skip's presentation that I love! I am really excited at the possibilities.

MzJ

Originally Posted by Juggs14 View Post
    Good work! dont stop and just keep pushing yourself. You sound like you have the mentality you need. Congrats on the weight loss
    thankyou so much Juggs for your kind words and encouragement. It's like waking up from a deep sleep. I'm bloody well awake now!! Big Smile at you!!

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Jason Morgan. I will be participating in the challenge with each of you that have signed up. I will also be encouraging you and helping in any way I can as a captain for the challenge.

This is a GREAT opportunity to work with Skip as your coach, get the support of other challenge participants and captains while pushing yourself to higher levels than you may currently believe possible. Let's all work hard to make this the NUMBER 1 group and transformation thread on Bodybuilding.com! I encourage you to visit the Mass Machine Challenge journals of the other participants and make sure to rate them all 5 stars. Keep us on top!

Talk to you soon... See you on the boards!!

Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you through the next 6 months!

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    Ohhh...I need to insert the red-faced smiley here...It was a competition last year actually...I created my Bodyspace account last April, the competition was September, last year was one of those years that just disappeared in the blink of an eye. It was during that period of time I really got extremely unmotivated and backslid, but thanks for your kind words! Right now I'm just kind of competing with myself. The real sad thing was that if I'd shown up in any kind of shape at all I would have won something, there were only two female bodybuilders. But I had no where near enough muscle to do it, still it's been a long-term dream, right now though, just competing with myself I guess
    I see. Thanks for the clarification and thanks for being so transparent about your journey. I love it. Keep it coming sista!! MzJules

[QUOTE=jmorg714;815329011]I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Jason Morgan. I will be participating in the challenge with each of you that have signed up. I will also be encouraging you and helping in any way I can as a captain for the challenge.

This is a GREAT opportunity to work with Skip as your coach, get the support of other challenge participants and captains while pushing yourself to higher levels than you may currently believe possible. Let's all work hard to make this the NUMBER 1 group and transformation thread on Bodybuilding.com! I encourage you to visit the Mass Machine Challenge journals of the other participants and make sure to rate them all 5 stars. Keep us on top!

Talk to you soon... See you on the boards!!

Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you through the next 6 months!

Jason

Hi Jason ... very nice to meet you and looking forward to knowing you better as time passes. MzJules

I missed one meal today. I did not do my regular workout tonite because I was way too tired to lift anything. grumpy, bad attitude etc. I did not sleep at all last night. My mind was racing. I get like that sometimes. But after a very inspiring conversation with a friend today (who I am sure I will be signing up shortly, Yay!!) I went out and did sprints and some kettle bell stuff. I didn't have a lot of juice but it felt like just enough considering my condition.

I am looking at Skip's site more thoroughly, his workouts and meal plan's. I plan on reading his books to understand better what his philosophy is. I am following another thread he is on and learning quite a lot there too. He really is very knowledgeable. It didn't all go as planned but tomorrow will. I'm going to bed now.

Here's my eating plan to begin the Challenge with.
    Day 1 and 2

1. 3 eggs .. 1 piece of Turkey Bacon ... 1 c Broccoli
    2. 1 can of Tuna, in water ... 2 cups of brussel sprouts
    3. 6 oz Turkey breast, no skin ... 1 cup of bell peppers
    4. 2 scoops of whey Protein ...
    5. 6 ounces MahiMahi ... 2 cups spring mix ... 1 tomato
    6. 2 scoops of whey

Day 3 ... One meal at night

9 ounces of Turkey or chicken
    2 sweet potatoes
    1 c of black beans
    1 cup of Broccoli

Day 4 through 6
    1. 2 eggs ... 2 slice Turkey bacon .. . 4 ounces Greek Yogurt ... veggies

2. 2 scoops whey Protein

3. 2 c lettuce .. 1c tomato .. 1c Cucumber .. 4 oz Turkey

4. 2 chicken thighs ... 1 c broccoli

5. 4 ounces New York steak .. 1 c spinach .. 1 tblsp butter

6. 2 celery sticks with 1 Tblsp Peanut butter

Day 7

1. 1 cup of oatmeal ... 1 med apple

2. 1 c brown rice ... 1/2 can Tuna

3. 1 scoop Protein

4. 1/4 c black beans ... 3 ounces white fish

5. 4oz chicken breast .. 1 sweet potato

6. 1 c lettuce and tomato ... 1 tsp Olive oil and Vinegar

I have done this diet a few times for a few weeks with great results. I do have lots of food exchanges. It has High Protein Low carb days then a fast day then higher carb and fat days. If I use it now and then it kick starts my weightloss again. I have lots of questions about all of this. Like, can you really lose fat, as much as I have to lose and build muscle at the same time. So many opinions about that out there. Who the heck is right?

Workout 1 .... I do 60 secs cardio between each set. The whole circuit 2x through. I have been doing circuits to strengthen and condition. I could barely exercise at all 6 mos ago.

# Exercise Name Sets Lbs. Reps
    1 Barbell clean and Press 3 45 3

2 Standing Military Press 3 30 10

3 Horizontal Rows on bar 3 12

4 DB Overhead Press 3 15 8

5 Barbell Front Squat 3 45 8

6 Stiffleg deadlift 2 40 10

7 Renegade Rows 3 20 6

sg83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, nice meal plan you got going. Your workout seems similar to mine. Excep i do cardio on separate days. I jog twice a week for 40min. Today's jogging was difficult, those extra pounds really taking a toll on me. LOL. Nice meeting you--sagri
    "Without the pressure and stress from deadlines, you wont know what you're really made of. Deadlines are what drive you to be your very best" Skip LaCour

Serious question for you. Can you lose fat AND build muscle at the same time?? I have read so many pros and cons about it. AND there are those pushing programs that say you can. What is it?

I have a lot of fat to lose still. I am eating every three hours and doing circuits to keep my metabolism up. It's tricky to keep a good amount of food rolling in and to keep the scale moving down while you are trying to develop some muscle. AND as big as I am already, should I really get into bulking? I know that having more muscle burns more fat.

A trainer at gold's just said to me that while I am losing all this weight I am going to lose muscle. I DONT LIKE THAT!

Any information about this would be appreciated. I am thinking about buying an hour with Skip on the phone just to get a clearer direction.

MzJ

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are on the right track.... you are in control of your temple..... stay focused and know you CAN do it and you WILL do it!

Click here to order
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Originally Posted by sg83 View Post
    Hello, nice meal plan you got going. Your workout seems similar to mine. Excep i do cardio on separate days. I jog twice a week for 40min. Today's jogging was difficult, those extra pounds really taking a toll on me. LOL. Nice meeting you--sagri
    Sagri!! Hey there and welcome to the Challenge!! I would love to see your work out and yeah I know all about carrying extra weight around. This diet works well for me but only for a few weeks at at a time. I was really hungry this morning. I have been doing sprinting 2x a week with a friend. My body does not really like it but I am pacing myself. I am trying to do several things here at once. Lose fat, build muscle and develop some athleticism. I am a "I want it all right now type". Learning big lessons on this journey about Patience and Persistence. Have you tried any of Skip's products?

Work outs for tonite and tomorrow morning ... planning for what I expect to get out of my workouts ..

Overhead walking lunge ... appr. 35 yards... 2x
    sprints ... 8x ... varying distances of 30 to 40 yards

TOMORROW MORNING ...1/18

I am planking in between sets for 60 secs ... whole circuit 2x through ... I hope

Barbell Push Press... 45lbs... 3 sets... 3 reps

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press ... 15lbs... 3 sets... 8 reps

Barbbell Bend over Rows ... 30lbs ... 3 sets ... 8 reps

Dumbbell Lunges ... 15lbs ... 3 sets ... 8 reps

Kettle Bell Swings... 20lbs ...2 sets ... 20 reps

Knees to Bows... 3 sets ... 10 reps

20 min on eliptical

[QUOTE=ScottRoland;815717171]You are on the right track.... you are in control of your temple..... stay focused and know you CAN do it and you WILL do it!

Hi Scott, thankyou for the encouragement. Could you please tell me how you got all the pic ads up on your journal? I was directed to HTML"s but I would like to put up the pics too. thanks MzJ

Test

Don't laugh, trying to figure out how to get the "originally posted by" to come up. Hmmm ...

sg83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good question, ive been thinking about that a lot too. Honestly I dont really know the answer. I'm sure we will lose some weight if we are eating less calories and exercising more than before we began the challenge. Just remember that toned muscle looks tighter than flabby muscle. I think in this phase our efforts wont show on the scale but they will in the mirror. But i'm enjoying the circuit training and i've allowed my self 200 extra calories than my usual. Hey it is the bulking phase. Lets enjoy it. Also, wait a little before you buy the session. Im sure he will touch on the subject soon
    "Without the pressure and stress from deadlines, you wont know what you're really made of. Deadlines are what drive you to be your very best" Skip LaCour

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=MzJules;815876541]
    Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    Could you please tell me how you got all the pic ads up on your journal? I was directed to HTML"s but I would like to put up the pics too. thanks MzJ
    MzJ-

All you do is copy and paste the html code into the body of your post. The images will appear once you hit submit.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com