Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1199
    MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [8/16/13

5 things I have accomplished in the last 18 mos.

1I learned how to lift weights... eat ... supplement ... be a gym rat
    2Completed a Body challenge looking much better than when I started
    3completed 500 hours of training in Neuromuscular Reprogramming training. Invited to be part of the team at Healus Neurorehab center. goal was to add 5,000 a month to my income by 2014. halfway there!
    4Beginning training with Brian Burchard on Internet Marketing ... telling your story.. creating world class product and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. started writing my story .
    5 Registered for training next year at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating". Coaching, mentoring training and awesome knowledge about eating disorders, their biology and mental emotional drivers. etc. (it is an idea and the action of registering has spurred a reading frenzy about the biology of the body and it's reactions to all the different diets being pushed... even among bodybuilders. Interesting. did you know that doing tons of cardio actually lowers metabolism eventually? ................. that explains a lot.)

Very excited about my progress and the possibilities i am willing to consider now.

No workout today.

"The truth is, we are born metabolically powerful."
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-17-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [8/17/13

Cardio ..5 sprints .. stretching 20 min.

[i]The mind has between 50,000 to 150,000 thoughts everyday. [/b]

I saw the movie "Jobs" yesterday. It had a great impact on me. I thought Aston Kutcher did an excellent job in it. Jobs had great business acumen. He was demanding with an ability to separate his "emotions" about people from business decisions. Hugely creative and not afraid to take chances. ... he apparently lacked social skills ... eccentric maybe. Funny how people judge that behavior as so negative but he was a man people wanted to follow.
    I thought it unique that someone could be so creative and artistic and at the same time have such a good head for business. Although he did get his company taken out from under him. He survived. Great story.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

[8/18/13

Leptin is a hormone produced by our fat cells. Among other things, it communicates to the brain how much fat our bodies are carrying. Since its discovery in 1994, the role of leptin has radically altered the field of metabolic physiology. Leptin is widely considered to be the master hormone that regulates body weight. It causes feelings of satiety, reduces sugar cravings, signals the thyroid to speed up the metabolism, and signals to the liver to start burning fat. The net effect is that when leptin levels rise, we eat less, we burn more calories, and we burn fat very easily. It is for this reason that, when leptin was discovered back in 1994, it was thought to have the potential to solve the obesity epidemic.”
    So it doesn‟t really matter whether you are actually starving or not, when the leptin message is
    not getting through, the body acts like it is in starvation, and the symptoms that accompany starvation are incredibly well understood. The most thorough studies ever done in a laboratory setting on the human interaction with food came from a couple of studies done in the first half of the 20th century. They were done on starvation and were exhaustive. The two studies combined consist of over 2,000 pages of heavy
    -duty data and analysis. One was done by a researcher named Benedict, and another by the later
    -to become famous Ancel Keys (the fat clogs your arteries guy... swing and a miss! This theory still prevails in most academic circles today, which is more reason to look upon academia for answers regarding your health like you might look upon Medusa

The two studies are a perfect parallel to one another. The physiological consequences of starvation, having low levels of body fat, and thus low levels of leptin are reliable and simple matters of human physiology. What‟s interesting is how many of these symptoms predominate in overweight people in the world today. Here are some quotes from the two works (as well as from Gary Taubes‟s discussion on these studies in
    Good Calories Bad Calories that you, whether you‟re overweight or not, may have experienced for years if you have any signs of leptin resistance:

A plethora of symptoms which I won't post here but I have been looking into the function of Insulin, Cortisol and Thyroid in all of this.... Leptin being monumentally important ... some things are becoming painfully clear and something I was told over and over but did not trust ... more on that later... I am going to figure this out once and for all.

"Yes, if you are leptin resistant, your body will act as if you are starving no matter how much you weigh. The hypothalamus simply isn‟t getting the message if you are leptin resistant. The hormone adiponectin, which is also produced in the fat tissue, plays a similar role in conjunction with leptin. Your metabolism. Your appetite and food preferences. Your energy levels. Your
    body‟s preference to store fat instead of burn it it‟s all controlled by the hypothalamus, and the hypothalamus bases its decisions on the report it receives, or doesn‟t receive, from hormones produced by the fat tissue itself.
    So any weight loss program, supplement, medication, or treatment if it is going to have a positive effect and really nip the multiple metabolic and behavioral phenomena that lead to excess body fat accumulation in the bud , must focus almost entirely on increasing leptin sensitivity. In other words, all the tricks that are really going to work, and not just induce a short term weight loss before it comes back and “brings some friends along with it, must overcome the core problem of leptin resistance."
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-18-2013 at 08:49 PM.

[8/19/13

Cardio ..5 sprints .. stretching 20 min.

I am never dieting ever again. I will make good food choices but I am NOT going to be so restrictive. AND I am going to up my macronutrints a lot.
    I am going to try and rev up metabolism and body temperature. My temp this morning waking up was 95.7 ..... if my thyroid and metabolism were working at optimum it would be 98.7 or a little higher..... so, I am going to eat and NOT be afraid! ....Im kinda scared. All that conditioning all my life to starve myself is hard to break but I know for sure now that dieting does not work. Alll my meals are prepared and I am including more carbs and fat and lowering protein some. I am going to figure it all out tonite and document how high it all is.

EATIN FOR HEAT.
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-19-2013 at 08:40 AM.

8/19/13

Step 1 ... prime the metabolism. Bring up the Basal Temperature

Disciplines

1. check temperature every morning as soon as you wake up....(95.7 today) .. goal ... 97.8 or higher

the basal temperature is the best overall indicator of whether or not your body is in conservation mode or running at full throttle. To lose body fat in preference to lean body mass, you simply will be unlikely to do that from a state of metabolic hibernation in which your body is trying to do everything it can to conserve energy. When the body temperature is warm, your body is ready to burn fat and is clearly not trying to conserve. When your temperature is cold, the body will not sacrifice body fat, but will readily sacrifice lean body mass as this is what helps it to lower its total daily calorie burn.
    To check your body temperature, stick a thermometer in your armpit for several minutes first
    thing when you wake up in the morning, then turn the thermometer on, take several readings, and take the highest reading as your basal temperature for that day. Anything below 97.8 degrees F and you can assume that your body is trying to conserve energy and is not yet primed for weight loss.
    The first way to target this is to eat a lot of food and do minimum exercise. Also... avoid sugar..particularly liquid fructose and Omega 6 fat.
    As you overfeed wait for basal temp to go up at least 1 degree before tiptoeing into the fatloss phase.

2. EAT !!!! Calories to maintain current weight is 2730. I will be starting with 3,000 cal to initiate Basal Temp spike. starting with 40/30/30. (I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared.)

I am also adding salt to my diet . Why? urine concentration and Basal Temp and overhydration and ..well .. its long and complex but makes sense. There are reasons I am doing these things this way but if I went into it here your eyes would cross. Mine did. OK, I am trying to manipulate leptin sensitivity and Insulin and cortisol ...oh, and and my thyroid. .... I have been studying scientific research papers and reading a lot about "starvation" and "eating" and "fatloss" and "metabolism" and "hormones" to death. Oral reports to follow.

I swear I am going to turn my body into a "Fat Burning Machine".

Never give up, never surrender! I will find a way.
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.

[QUOTE=MzJules;1121134653]8/19/13

Disciplines

1. check temperature every morning as soon as you wake up....(97.7 today) ...I have been on 2700 calories thereabouts since Sat. Upped it to 3000 yesterday ... felt stuffed. Basal Temp last night was 95.8..up over 2 today. so I will step into fatloss eating in 2 days. That was pretty fast. Some people take months to raise their temps and get their metabolism healed. I think it's because I did all that good eating the last 18 mos. ... My weight gain is directly linked to NOT eating enough. Leptin, Insulin< cortisol and Thyroid all go into starvation behavior. ... Meals are all ready today ... One difference in what I am doing is way more carbs and fat than I would allow. I am going to see just how much my body wants to feel safe.
    Skip told me to eat more at the very beginning. I had to go through this 1. because I am a hard head..and 2. I had to find out why I needed to do this. the biology of it. So I can explain it. And I so appreciate now why skip never gave out a specific diet. It is very individual. Everyone's body behaves differently to different micronutrient combos. You have to figure it out for yourself.

Never give up, never surrender! I will find a way.[/b] ///

8/20/13

3,000 calories of good food....... 600 to go today and I feel pretty good. I was worried yesterday about gaining more weight but my temp went up so fast and I think I am going to flip into fat burn pretty quick too. that is my intent.

Cardio ... 5 sprints and stretching.... I know it said to do minimal exercise but my temp went up so fast I figured I could stay on my plan. This IS minimal to me anyway

So Skip talked about how that perhaps the reason you are not going for your goals like you could be is that you may not be ready for that next level. that perhaps you have to do a few things before hand to be better prepared for the next level. How perhaps you may actually not be ready for the next level. I am thinking about the couple podcasts back there was mention of FEAR of the Next Level too.

Reading back for the last months i have been making all kinds of declarations and all about the same things. It makes me laugh because through all of my apparent failures which I tend to focus on, i have many many victories.

A year from now I will have more.

Never give up, never surrender! I will find a way.
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-21-2013 at 10:44 PM.

[QUOTE=MzJules;1121587183]8/20/13

Massively productive day.

3,000 calories of good food.......it's not easy to eat that much food especially if it is not junk. Felt stuffed the last 2 days but today I just felt like I had a lot of energy. I thought I would feel like I was gaining weight again but I don't. Just very satisfied and not craving any afternoon sugar like I was before. Dropping down 100 cals tomorrow. taking it down to 100 over maintenance and will stay there for a bit and see what happens.

Cardio ... 5 sprints and 20 min stretching
    Made some strides in deeper understanding of my work today. bringing all the pieces together is exciting.
    3 business matters ...TAKE CARE OF THEM TOMORROW,

"It is absurd to argue for our limitations. when we are, as consciousness and energy, the ones who created them!!!!" william tiller

8/22/13

no workout today ..... I mean in the gym. .... I worked on 5 people today and THAT felt like a workout..

2900 cals today ... .I didn't bring enough food with me this morning to work ... I ate 1,200 calories by noon and by 1pm i was hungry and taking a dip in energy. .... will make sure I get atleast 1500 by noon tomorrow and see how that feels. My body temp is staying up. I thought for sure I would begin to balloon up more eating this much food but after the first few days I can feel my body using it instead. I am also using things like salsa's and apple sauce I make myself in my food and I am eating coconut oil and chia seeds. Including salt in my diet and less water to increase extracellular or interstitial fluid concentrations.
    The result? Higher core body temperature. Higher metabolic rate. Heat. That explanation is over simplified but to the point.

Another thing ... I am enjoying the hell out of all my food ... on purpose.

I am feeling calm, centered and focused on working my plan. I swear I am thinking better eating more food. ...Duh!

[b]Making time for the coffee house I sat in front of writing all those months when I first started this journey. 2x this week. I realize that I need that time to think, to write and dream if only for a few hours. ...

Tomorrow:
    1.2900 cals .. nutritious and balanced and yummy
    2.new client .. sell a package
    3.1 hour NMR study .. 1 hour Brain gym study ...
    4.Gym
    5.I have a very big hurdle to get over that I have been avoiding. today I took a first step at meeting this challenge head on. I call this challenge the "itty bitty pea sized annoyance that is but a mere speck in the scheme of my life". I will Take one hour and begin to formulate a Massive Action plan to pulverize it out of existence as quickly as possible. I am working on visualizations for this and including it on my dream board under Nuclear Bombings. Seriously. I have a pic of a nuclear explosion and a pic of my challenge in the middle of it. Ha!!.... Hmmm ... that's a good visualization for all the fat left on me too. although I use the one that my belly button is a vortex and all the fat on me gets sucked into it. that's a good one too.
    6.bodywork session for myself .. Psoas is stable for 2 weeks now ...left Lat a little tweaky ...Scalenes still overworking..... Pronator Terres at the attachment in left arm painful from over use ... need to refine my work style even more.

[b]goals:... 135lbs ... 125.00 an hour ... NMR Pro ... speck is gone ..

"It is absurd to argue for our limitations, when we are, as consciousness and energy, the ones who created them!!!!" william tiller

[i] I have so many ideas right now of stuff that I could do to earn money over the next 10 years. I have begun some of the steps but there are things ahead of them that I need to take care of. to position myself. But I need to take an hour and put this in some kind of order on paper in one place instead of on pieces of paper all over like I do. I even have stuff written on envelopes and napkins.

8/23/13

Cardio ... 6 sprints .... stretching

2900 cals today ....1500 by noon and I was not so hungry later..... a little harder to make myself eat but got it all down.... I cannot allow any crashes to occur that trigger Leptin and Insulin responses. I am teaching my body that it is NOT starving and that there is actually an abundance of food available. Teaching Leptin to turn off "hunger" messages to the brain therefore tipping off Insulin to discontinue fat storage. Resetting set point. ... Practicing mental relaxation. destressing the body in every way I can to reduce cortislo levels. Underfeeding the body as well as Dilution of interstitial fluids and lack salt is a stressor..... Learning some interesting things about how much water we have been conned into drinking and it's negative effects on the bodies functions.

1 hour bodywork and training today. Used what I learned immediately on next client. Very good results. brain function facilitation is a key piece to NMR being successful.... I really love this work.

Tomorrow:
    1.2900 cals .. I am going to stay at that level for the next 6 weeks. It just above maintenance. I know I said I was going to drop it slowly but that was just my dysfunctional eater talking. I need to give this a chance to reset my metabolism.
    2.work tomorrow.. take care of MOM
    3.1 hour NMR study .. 1 hour Brain gym study ...
    4.Gym ...7am
    5.{I have a very big hurdle to get over that I have been avoiding.} Developed step by step plan to meet this challenge head on today. In writing. On my dream board. It will take app 16 mos if i follow it to the T. I am going to call it "taming the G".

[b]goals:... 135lbs ... 125.00 an hour ... NMR Pro ... "Taming the G" ..

I sat down and looked at what I have accomplished this year financially. .... If I keep this pace up i will have added half my goal income in about 55 hours a month. ... I plan on doubling that next year.
    I have to keep working on getting this weight off, documenting it and putting it out there. I have to succeed at this one thing in order to execute my whole plan.

In reflecting i considered another accomplishment I made this year. I respond to situations now instead of reacting to them. Much better at "holding my ground" in every situation.

testing a new product for skin tightening

"It is absurd to argue for our limitations, when we are, as consciousness and energy, the ones who created them!!!!" william tiller

I Love this

*“It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
    *It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
    *It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!
    *I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.
    *I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.
    *It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul;
    *I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore trustworthy.
    *I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from God's presence.
    *I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”
    *It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
    *It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
    *It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.
    *I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.”
    ― Oriah Mountain Dreamer
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-23-2013 at 10:50 PM.

8/24/13

Cardio ... 5 sprints .... stretching

I have no idea how much I ate. I was gone all day and forgot my food. I did wing it however and ate a lot..... I drank too many fluids yesterday and today. ... The details are important. ... Temp 97.2 this morning. ... Adjusting fluid down and salt up tomorrow. Eatin for Heat.

the hormone insulin can override the calorie balance equation.
    I mean, the calorie balance equation isn‟t all bad. Eat nothing and you will lose weight. That is a physical law of nature, no question. But the hormone insulin controls how much of the food you eat gets stored as body fat. It also controls how much of the fat in your fat cells gets released and used for energy. So the equation and by far the more important equation when it comes to
    losing body fat, is the balance between fat stored and fat burned. That‟s all that really matters, and calories are only a side player in this event. Sure, they must be there to store fat, but not everyone stores the energy they take in as body fat (I hate to point out the obvious). The key is that hormonal factors, not conscious decisions about eating less and exercising more, is of far
    greater importance when it comes to determining body fat levels.

but insulin also suppresses the release of fat from cells into the bloodstream for available energy. That‟s right, insulin creates a calorie greenhouse effect. Energy can come into the cell (and fat is the energy that is stored there because it is compact and efficient), but it cannot leave. A greenhouse, because excess solar energy is prohibited from escaping, but not prohibited from
    entering, accumulates excess energy and begins to get very hot. Adipose fat cells in the human body, when fat is encouraged to enter and discouraged to leave, creates an energy surplus and the fat cells become packed with fat and swell. Insulin is the primary driving force behind all of this.

there isn‟t much correlation between caloric consumption and being chubby
    . We all know several people who can eat like horses, not exercise, and stay slim. It‟s the constant hunger that is to be concerned about, not necessarily the quantity of food you eat. Even on a low calorie diet that a person is starving on, fat can still accumulate just at a slower rate. It‟s like saving money. Even a person who is below poverty level can still increase his savings account if a portion of his income is diverted.

In short, because of insulin‟s role in fat storage and release, the calories you ingest and burn through exercise are secondary to insulin levels in determining the amount of excess fat that you carry on your body. This is why manipulating calories and exercise levels fails. In fact, fighting against hunger and doing a lot of unwanted exercise with sheer willpower, if anything, exacerbates the core disorder that leads to insulin resistance and a fat storage metabolism in
    general.

Furthermore, because you ingest food and it never makes it to your active tissues (musclesbones, and organs also referred to as „lean body mass‟) to be burned as fuel, you are, you guessed it, hungrier. Again, this changes everything a 180 to the diet dogma which states that “you are fat because you eat more.” No, you eat more because you are hungrier, and you are
    hungrier because you are fat a sign that what you eat is trapped in fat cells. A person with normal insulin levels eats 3,000 calories and receives 3,000
    calories. Someone with high insulin levels eats 3,000 but only receives, say, 2,500, leaving him hungry while forcing the metabolism to decrease to meet the lowered intake. Essentially, this creates a divergence between hunger
    levels and metabolic rate, and that is really the core of the obesity issue. With a proper functioning metabolism, even force feeding yourself doesn‟t cause significant and lasting weight gain, as metabolism rises to match the higher intake, and you begin preferentially burning fat rather than storing it.

[b]I AM figuring this all out. I AM going to change my metabolism, heal it. then I am going to teach other people how to do it and I don;t care how long it takes me..... well .... that's not true but it shouldn't take me all that long. I have been undereating then having "binges" because my body is starving all my life!. the reason that happens is that the body tyhinks it's starving and therefore takes all you eat and stores it as fat keeping the starve cycle going. Leptin is a big player in all of this.
    the only way out of this is to EAT above maintenance levels of food so your hormone levels get the message that lots of food is indeed available and it all settles out. How quickly depends on how much damage you have done to your metabolism.... eventually you can eat less and still maintain a high metabolism.

this all makes sense as i watch henderjb eat 3000 calories all year and then slowly lower her calories down to manipulate the fat level on her body without kicking into fat store even though she is closer to maintenance. her body is still using the food as energy and NOT storing it as fat. Her hormone levels reemain constant sending proper messages to the body..... Fluid manipulation and salt play a role also...... I really think I am getting it. I have heard the idea but I did not believe it. I did not know the details. It makes so much sense. I am going to have so much fun telling fat people they need to EAT MORE!! Ha!!... Skip told me that in the beginning. I was young and foolish then.

Comin Up ,,, What cause Insulin levels to get so high?
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-24-2013 at 10:19 PM.

8/25/13

No workout today.

2900 cals today but I had to use 2 meal replacements to get 750 of it in. My weight is up about 5lbs for the week but I am not going to get upset about this. It is part of training my body to believe we are in feast time. To flip the switch on my hormones. Believe me. My panic button went on today for a few minutes and I flipped into negative thinking. I was afraid this was not going to work. that I would just keep gaining weight and never get out of this fat storing. ..... It took awhile to pull myself out but I came around and ate with gusto all day and enjoyed it and thanked my body for being so "famine" proof and keeping me alive and that I would never starve it again.
    amamzing how I wanted to start guzzling water and cutting my food consumption in half. All the default programs went off. .... I really have been a victim of faulty information about food and fat.... So...Back to Insulin ...

.....Probably every nutritional scientist and physician in America knows that insulin levels and insulin resistance parallel body weight. That is basic Physiology 101. So, it is certainly true as the advocates of animal food rich diets, such as Atkins, Heller, Sears, and other proclaim carbohydrates drive up insulin levels temporarily. These writers, however, have not presented the data in accurate fashion. A diet revolving around unrefined carbohydrates (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes) will not raise blood sugars or insulin
    levels. Studies have shown that such a diet can reduce fasting insulin levels 30 40 percent in just three weeks.”
    No natural human food that has been consumed for millennia causes insulin resistance, obesity, or any other brand new degenerative phenomenon. Blaming obesity on any one of these food categories holds about as much logic as blaming obesity on air or sexual urges.
    Insulin resistance appears to be caused by a natural response to starvation. Insulin levels may drop temporarily when food is scarce, but come back with a vengeance along with rising blood sugar and rising blood pressure. In other words, the constellation of health problems classified as “metabolic syndrome,” a well acknowledged disease that stems directly from being insulin resistant (and includes hypertension, high triglycerides, high blood sugar and insulin levels, and being overweight), is exacerbated by deprivation. But we‟re not deprived of calories we‟re eating more than ever, and many people weigh over 300 pounds. So what gives?
    Well, we might not actually be starving, but hormonally our bodies think that we are starving. That‟s why
    there‟s an epidemic of low body temperature (another natural physiological response to starvation) to go along with constant hunger and cravings, lethargy, and an uncanny ability to store food as fat in preference to burning it as fuel, using it for lean body mass, or dissipating it through other means all of which are undeniable symptoms of starvation.

So, remember yesterday the part about WHAT kind of food you are eating? This last paragraph is talking about clean natural foods. There is a lot i could post on it but leave it to say that simply put : The reason we are starving on so many calories is because of the low quality of the food being consumed. You can eat a lot more good clean food with awesome results. You cannot however do it eating CRAP!. Eventually your body will begin to starve from lack of nutrients and switch into fat store. Very over simplified but you get it.

REPEAT OUT LOUD WITH ME

“Being overweight and obese is a brand new phenomenon. It is a physical condition instigated by insulin levels that are higher than what can be considered normal. It creates a mismatch between appetite and metabolic rate, which, in a healthy person, always remain in equilibrium so that body fat levels remain the same from day to day, week to week, and year to year.
    Overweight people are not overweight because they are lazy or gluttonous. Similarly, women do not have more body fat than men because they are lazier or more gluttonous. Body composition, and how food that is ingested is later translated into fat, muscles, bone, and energy, is governed entirely by a symphony of hormones of which insulin is intimately involved.
    . Although sudden changes in caloric intake can cause a short term gain or loss of body weight, calories in/calories out has little to do with long term weight management and reversing the rapidly rising obesity
    trends that are being witnessed on earth.
    The answer to this crisis is most certainly not to eat less and exercise more. That is but a worn out mantra that we have been more focused on from 1980 to present than ever before, all while witnessing an unprecedented rise in obesity. If anything, the new mantra should be: HUNGER IS YOUR WORST ENEMY!".
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    and what has the thyroid got to do with all of this?.... A lot. No system in the body is left untouched by the thyroid. .... Low thyroid and slow metabolism is becoming one of the leading health problems today. what is interesting is that many of these people present with normal blood panels and yet still have all the symptoms and therefore are put on thyroid meds. Looking more closely at this. .... comin up... the Thyroid.

so, I understand the special diets of bodybuilders and what they are designed to do. this is about weight challenges of the average person BUT!!.... I read last week a guru selling an ebook about eating ground beef cooked in coconut oil with 4 eggs and veggies and some oatmeal first thing in the morning to get your abs to pop! Well, ... All of that he describes is what would be considered WARMING FOODS" In other words, they are foods that get the metabolism roaring and raise body temp thereby putting the body in fat burn mode..... Interesting stuff.. ...

This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one, being a true force of Nature instead of a feverish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-25-2013 at 09:13 PM.

8/26/13

Cardio ... 6 sprints ... stretching session ..20 minutes.....

body temp 96.7 this morning

2700 cals today... 200 to go.... Feeling overfed ..Ha! .. and had a bout of WTH am I doing? ... ... It is a question I must answer everyday. I am healing my metabolism. I will not have to over feed forever. I am giving my body a ton of nutrition so it can regulate Insulin, Thyroid, Leptin, Catechlomines, cortisol and body temperature. .... and a few other things I haven't gotten to yet.

One thing I have noticed is that I have not had one energy drop in the afternoons like I usually do. I make sure I eat atleast 1500 calories by noon and I do great. Every meal has Fat, Starch, Carbs and protein. I have not eaten this many carbs in a very long time. Atleast not everyday. usually I would cut carbs way down and then end up in a binge state eventually.

[i]So how did i make it through all the dieting during the Challenge when I was not eating enough? Catechlomines.... a wonderful chemical the body produces when the body is stressed. ... released during the Low Carb honeymoon. Catecholamines collectively refer to the stimulatory adrenal hormones – mostly epinephrine and norepinephrine. These hormones, when released, cause a rise in body temperature, a rise in mitochondrial activity, an increase in mental acuity, cognition, and alertness (or at least the feeling of being sharper even if you really aren’t), a huge rise in physical energy, the release of fat tissue from fat cells, a drop in appetite, and weight loss while feeling not only good – but far better than normal.

That’s what I experienced. Along with other unmistakable facets of being in a high-catecholamine state such as being incapable of sleeping for more than six hours per night, never feeling tired or so much as yawning during the day, having true Energizer bunny vitality, seeing a disappearance of aches and pains, being in an absurdly good and stable mood, and so on. (It"s awesome. In spite of being sore from lifting weights and injuring myself several times I felt pretty good.)

But guess what happens when you chronically elevate your adrenal hormones for months on end? Your adrenal gland receptors (adrenergic receptors) tend to downregulate, and all that circulating adrenal juice starts to become increasingly ineffective. people start to feel bad and that is when the diet begins to fail and the binging begins.
    Carbohydrate restriction is really just one way of achieving an adrenal hormone buzz that provides unfathomably good results in the short-term while mysteriously disappearing later on. Another is rigorous exercise. Another is fasting or intermittent fasting. Then you have just plain calorie restriction – which usually feels awesome and invigorating before the crash landing. Stimulants will do the trick as well you know caffeine and all the rest.
    Now, in bodybuilding I see the necessity for all the nutrient manipulation to attain a certain look for competing and i am glad i was exposed to all of it. it was a stepping stone to where I am at now and it put me into a very controlled environment nutritionally speaking, like I have never been before. It trained me to understand better the effects of food on the body. But truthfully, until the last couple months i did not appreciate the importance of eating more food. through out the Challenge I was still operating from an old mindset that said ... Eat Less, Exercise more will get you the body you want. That is true if you are a bodybuilder and you are trying to get very cut. ... I have thought a lot more about what Bulking is and how it affects the body. It is a time of feasting, atl;east that is how the body see's it. Weight is gained and muscle is more easily put on because of all the nutrients available. the level of exercise is intense but there is so much food and supplementation that the body can burn it and still there are enough calories left for it to put on some fat too. ... it is NOT starving.
    then comes the "cutting" phase which is a slow controlled dropping of nutrients to take off the fat put on while maintaining as much muscle as possible. ... An already healthy metabolism can handle this quite well with out going into starve mode. Catheclomines kick in and handle mood, energy and the rest. but that is done for a short time and then typically the bodybuilder will go back into eating more after competitions. Also, bodybuilders eat very clean and highly nutritious foods and avoid all the high Fructose Corn syrup and sugar and just plain crap so that even when they are lowering their intake of food their nutrition is great. the body is getting fed well. ... I am sure there is even more to this.

So, the typical diet ... ones that are popular today .. low carb, low fat, low calorie, high protein..put people into starve mode. This type of dieting is great for the short term but they are not good for the long term.

I am thinking about when I first started to take this weight off. before the Challenge. I did not go on a diet. I ate everything but pretty clean. I did not count calories or fat or carbs. I had days of eating more than others but it was pretty steady. My focus was on creating the person i wanted to be and the body I wanted. When i had dropped 89 lbs I knew it was time to start working out. I searched for months and read everything on the net. all the programs. i wanted to lift weights. i found Skip. Loved his approach and set off. ....

I had to experience all of that , have success then slide backwards to get to this place of understanding. the slide back just made me dig harder for an answer.... i thought ok .. why the hell when henderjb came out of restrictive eating and was eating 3000 calories a day she put on 6lbs. When I did that I put on 25lbs. I thought it was my age and Menopause and when I started researching Hormones it led me into ALL the hormones and there it was.

I cannot say for sure yet because i am still in Refeed but I think the 1900 calories i allotted myself during the Challenge would still have not been enough to heal my metabolism. I remember eating that much and still being hungry. I would still have lost weight and probably more than I did but would it have flipped my set point?. why did I stop doing it? ... Because I just didn't trust it and as i said my mindset was in old thinking.... I was in a hurry. this time i will not fail.[i/]

Still studying the thyroid. A huge subject.

Tomorrow
    6 clients
    DMV ..ugh
    Spend an hour figuring out strategy for a client. both psoas off..ouch ..back pain.
    Work on my cover page for 30 minutes

that's enough ...

I do not fail. success is finding out what does not work.
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.

8/28/13

8/28/13

slammed the last two days at chiro AND Healus. It really feels good.
    there are other practitioners that are more skilled in NMR than I at the clinic but I am the 3rd most booked practitioner. Very edifying and i am grateful for the awesome people I work with.

body temp 97.6 this morning. gonna buy a different thermometer.

[b]2900 cals today. I woke up at 4am this morning and I had hunger pangs! I am amazed.
    the thought going through my head now when I eat is "Wow! It feels so good to be able to eat like this." It really makes me feel good and I have no guilt about it and I have noticed a change in my stress level.
    (Weight has not changed but it has only been a couple weeks. It is no longer moving up however. I am able to tolerate all the food much more easily and am feeling freer to invent different ways to make everything palatable and Clean.....)

I have been studying all of the Hormones behind weight gain and fat loss etc and I have been studying Brain Function Facilitation for my work. there is a correlation there..... I am beginning to recognize different levels of Trauma in a person.... It can come from numerous sources. ..Today many are traumatized just from all the uncertainty we are living in with finances and safety from our own government and War and all the losses over the last several years. .... Auto accidents ... past childhood abuse, serious sports injuries,traumatic illness's etc.
    All these Trauma's get stored in the body via the Nervous System.

Starvation is a Trauma. an assault on all the systems of the body. The amount of RESTRICTIVE DIETING that has gone on in this country for the last 50 years has created an Obesity epidemic and Trauma to people's Nervous Systems and their bodies... Emotionally, being overweight is painful, isolating, embarrassing, causes self hatred and low self esteem an inability to maintain meaningful relationships, addictions, anxiety hopelessness, chronic depression etc.

Trauma creates all these same symptoms. ...

The connection I am making here is that the feeling of well being, better sleep, more energy and a sense of restored wholeness on some very deep level i cannot describe yet, because I am feeding myself so well has had a tremendous impact on me. I have not felt this way around food before. I have weighed 127lbs and I have weighed 314lbs and everything in between and at any weight I still struggled with food and I NEVER ate enough. .....

I'll end there but this explains a lot and I really believe I was meant to go through this for a greater purpose....

I still plan on being 135lbs and I am going to do it EATING! And i will figure out just what that will look like FOR ME. .... ... I love my body. It has been doing exactly what I have been telling it to do and now I am going to give it what it needs to operate properly and at a very high level. ...

I am going to keep this up untill my body really believes that there is lots of food around, which there is, and then see what amount of calories i can eat and begin to drop weight AND still keep my metabolism functioning optimally.

The goal is a changed metabolism.... ... and 135lbs ... and NMR Pro makin 125 an hour.
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.

8/29/13

woke up hungry again.... Temp 97.6 ..very good.

2900 cals. used meal replacement today but I do prefer the food. Way more carbs and fat than usual and I feel great. I notice subtle changes. I am not so watery and clothes fitting a little looser. I don't feel so physically heavy.
    I ate a little late this afternoon and I felt my body going through metabolic changes. Very interesting. I ate a lot for the next 4 hours and the change was very apparent. I have NEVER been this aware of the physical effects of food on my body before.... I have never listened this closely. .. I let myself get a little hungry today. i wonder if that will affect my temperature tomorrow.

there is a difference between the hunger I have felt the last 2 mornings and the hunger I felt this afternoon. there was no physical/mental distress when hungry in the mornings. Just my stomach growling for food.
    This after noon however, I felt a very familiar sinking of energy and my mood got testy. My thinking wasn't clear and I felt that old diet stress that I always got in the afternoons. It was affecting me chemically all over. it was the first time I thought about eating refined carbs. My body wanted it's old fix but instead I gave it the alternatives in clean form and lots of it for 4 hours.
    I just ate again. I feel satisfied but there is a subtle difference in energy level. I am wondering if I raised my Insulin and Leptin levels again by allowing myself to get hungry like that.
    More veggies tomorrow.

Enjoying greek Yogurt a lot. i put it on everything. Secret sauce.

So, I am rereading some of the papers and research on starvation and healing the Metabolism. I seem to have missed the part where it said not to exercise during Refeed as it uses calories. The body see's intense exercise as stress and it reinforces a system already in starve mode...........
    Actually I do remember that. But... my thought was that there was no way I could NOT do some exercise because of the work I do. I need it to help me stay fluid and loose. that was my rationalization. I remember developing it.
    I did the same thing when I decided 1900 calories was too many at the beginning of the Challenge. I have a tendency to modify things and then wonder why they do not work the way I wanted. where else does this shows up in my life?

so, sticking to stretching . doing it all the way. it is just temporary.....

The thyroid gland, in general, controls the metabolic rate. Energy. the stuff of life.
    Every cell in the human body depends on energy to function, and the rate at which the thyroid runs the energy show determines the mitochondrial activity of every single cell. (that might be important)
    The research names a large number of physical ailments that low Thyroid can be at the center of. I have not researched it for myself yet but according to several sources it looks like it is quite an epidemic. Low thyroid.
    Interestingly, cholesterol blood tests were originally used to, drumroll please...
    DIAGNOSE HYPOTHYROIDISM
    Many patients that suffered from a low body temperature and symptoms indicative of a low metabolism also had elevated cholesterol levels that were quickly brought under control.
    Hypertension another risk factor for heart disease (and a much better predictor of overall heart disease risk) was brought under control rather dramatically with thyroid treatment as well. It was also found that many with high blood sugars had a quick normalization of glucose levels, and that “true” diabetics ceased to have complications such as retinopathy with this treatment.
    These are all facets of metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance, something that is intricately tied to the modern obesity epidemic.

98 percent of diabetics are lacking in thyroid and bringing their metabolism up to the normal range not only improves the symptoms but also inhibits hardening of the arteries which is the diabetics‟ worst problem.”

Thyroid gland activity controls the rate of fat burning in the body.
    (Think that might be important? )Not only do blood fats get burned for energy more readily (lowering triglycerides), the utilization of these triglycerides for fuel
    and clearing them from the bloodstream, decreases insulin resistance. Blood fats are known to majorly interfere with the function of insulin.
    But of course, in order to lose body fat, you have to be able to burn fatty acids for energy.
    Without proper thyroid function, such a task becomes much more difficult. Sure, if you don‟t eat your body will mobilize a lot of its fat to be used as energy. It has to. It‟s forced to. But at the same time thyroid gland activity is reduced, which strengthens the preference for fat storage over
    fat burning. This is one reason why doing anything that puts strain on the metabolism even if it causes you to lose weight in the short term, makes it increasingly easy to store fat on fewer calories afterward from
    doing too much exercise to dieting to eating excess protein to nutrient deficiency.

THIS IS THE CYCLE I WISH TO BREAK FREE FROM

the rabbit hole ......

goals
    1. healed metabolism .. and therefore 135lbs
    2. NMR Pro ... and therefore 125 an hour
    Last edited by MzJules; 08-29-2013 at 07:50 PM.

8/30/13

Temp 97.4 ... will I ever reach 98?

Had a VERY hard time getting the food down today..... It really is mental. Im like a spoiled little kid sometimes.

taking off for the weekend to the Redwoods. My favorite trees. Meals are planned.

1. write
    2. walk
    3. connect
    4. build fires

9/2/13

Temp 98, and higher for 3 days now .... and i definitely feel hotter. ha!

So what did I do among the beauty and serenity of the majestic Redwoods?... Well, i did enjoy them very much and just being away was great but I spent a lot of time thinking and I read about 30 research papers on the obesity epidemic. Particularly the hormonal research. I know I was focused on Insulin and the thyroid but I am getting a different picture now. it seems that leptin is the Master Hormone in all of this fat production going on. However, because the understanding of all of this is actually NEW .. yes it's NEW.... I will leave any solid conclusions or beliefs from taking hold in my brain until I have seen more.

The obesity we see today was a rare occurrence just 60 years ago and because of the Billions in financial gains involved in keeping miserable overweight people who are in pain scrambling for the latest new fad or idea or FAT FREE treats enslaved, we will have to take it upon ourselves to break free form the trap. ...

One very important factor that jumped out at me in my research was that in the 50's and 60's FATS became EVIL. And some fats were and still are but they are the ones that are manmade and processed and turned into Toxic sludge...... They took beautiful, healthy, nourishing butter and said "BAD BUTTER! Let's make fake butter and say it;s healthier!" ..... oversimplified but you get the jist...... The point is that we began to eat way too many refined carbs and not enough healthy fats. .... We need Fat. Fat does not spike insulin at all. ... I am now studying fat. If what I am seeing is true then fat is a very big key to talking to the hormones in the body particularly Leptin. And magic for getting the body to turn into a fat burner.

I realize that probably a lot of people know this already BUT I DON"T KNOW IT..... I have heard about it but never understood it. Didn't believe it. And there are so many diets saying the contrary and so many philosophies against it .. who do you believe? .... This is why i am doing the actual clinical research and digging into everything I can find about it. ... what is really amazing is that many of the reports with these findings are OLD. .... It has been known for hundreds of years on some level or another what the body needs...... ... there is scientific evidence now to back it up but would kill the DIET industry and probably much of BIG PHARMA business.... Very sad....... And I am pissed off.

Body Temp is up for 3 days which is supposed to indicate thyroid is functioning well. I was going to start dropping calories but instead I am going to focus on keeping my carbs at about 80 and eating more protein and fats and see how my body reacts to it. I will figure out protein to fat count to nite. My main fat sources will be from grassfed beef and coconut oil , egg yolks, butter, cream, whole greek yogurt ,,,, working it out.

I had a friend say to me this weekend that I was obsessed and why wasn't I happy with all I had already accomplished.? She said why can't you just be happy and enjoy what you have done already. You are fine. You are an inspiration already. Why do you have to be so consumed with everything you do?

I was a little surprised but I said. ..." I guess it's important for me to atleast be able to spend the last part of my life free from FAT!! G***F******* D***it!!! .... AND what if I can help some others get out of it too!!! what about that? .... and I kind of feel like I don't have a choice. I know i do but what is the alternative? ... I have to. ............................................... what ever the answer is finally, I am sure it will be simple and not anything new but more of an old wisdom. Like checking for Thyroid function. The blood tests are inaccurate these days. testing body temp is old school and still works. ...

[i]I also thought about why I keep coming back to this journal everyday. It has gone through a lot of transformations itself. I thought about this for a couple days. I think because it is something I can control all the time and that gives me comfort. At the end of the day it resets my compass so when I get into my ship tomorrow I have a trajectory and do not end up on the rocks.[i/]

Tomorrow
    1. 3 clients ...
    2. Study
    3. do some financial planning
    4. starting cardio again ...

In my research I am finding a lot of controversy over little distinctions in the different approaches. Reminds me of the Fitness industry AND the Church. Ha!

9/3/13

there is no shortage of information on how to do things. the mechanics of everything can be found very easily. It is the character building, the belief, the courage, the service, and the ability to receive that is key....

bodybuilding is good for the body but I see it as a character builder also. many metaphors for life happen in the gym.
    Last edited by MzJules; 09-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.

b]9/5/13[/b]

Cardio ...20 min ...brisk walk .. active stretching
    Down to 2400 calories and will stick there... made several adjustment over the last week .. more fat less carbs ... much more satisfied and no sugar cravings. If I feel any inkling of craving I eat a heaping spoonful of coconut oil... that's right ... and it works!..... Fat does not spike Insulin and stimulates good Leptin signals. Bodies full, turn off the hunger signals, no insulin needed. .....I WEIGHED THIS MORNING AND HAVE LOST 8.2 LBS. H***S***!.....Very happy..... Temp still going up and down ... good experiment but need to do more research about it. ... wow there is so much info out here in health land. .... I

[b]Making progress with the body work I am getting. My low back has completely stopped hurting ... scalenes are better, some burning in my upper back, Lats .... Working on exercise that increase neuromuscular signal to those muscles thus strengthening them.
    Contrary to what most people believe, more muscle does NOT equal more strength.
    Strength is actually a neurological function. All the bulk and muscle in the world is useless if you don't have the nerve function to recruit those muscles and bring them into play.
    Training increases neurological function. As you continue to practice the movements and increases the intensity, the body must increase it's ability to recruit as many applicable muscle fibers as possible. It does this by increasing nerve sensitivity and increasing the number of nerve fibers used to deliver the signals that prompt the muscles to work.
    Of course muscle plays a huge role in your body's ability to produce force, but the muscle itself is only capable of producing tension though the input of the nervous system. If your nervous system can supply the muscle with a strong enough signal to overcome the resistance, you become stronger; regardless of muscle size. This is neuromuscular strength..... this is what I do ... retrain people's Nervous Systems.

Goals this weekend
    1. get down every muscle test for 2 clients for re evaluation next week.
    2. Phone pow wow with K to go over protocol for activating neurological operating system before NMR work
    3. take one hour Sat morn and list every way, resource and idea ...everything I can do....Massive Action .... to make NMR Practitioner on the books, 125 an hour by Jan 2014.

goals
    1. book 2 sit in sessions per week with more advanced practitioner. 1 down this week. Set these up tomorrow if possible.
    2. Book M in for sit in session with K on a sats. ... do it tomorrow.
    3. Get more info on Neuro Rehab exercises for Strenthening sensitivity to muscle fibers.... Experiment on yourself.
    4. Get back to dream board and your physical goals. Dream but stick to daily actions as primary focus. Put those actions in writing on TOP of Outcomes.

Putting one foot in front of the other, experimenting, trying different things in every area I am pursuing. ... Spread myself a little thin for a minute. I really thought I was never going to start moving forward again. Interesting my perception the last several months. It felt like I was not moving at all but that is not true. I have moved ahead a lot in important ways.
    I finally understand what all this diet manipulation in bodybuilding is about and i think I have found my sweet spot for weight loss. ... Giving it the time it needs to work. Holding here to see how 2400 cals and the higher fat suit me. I feel a lot better here. My goal has become weight loss primarily right now. Some exercise but I will work into it as I get the strength I need in my back and better balance. ..The Neuromuscular exercises I am learning are helping me get better and will translate into a more effective practice for my clients. ... ... ... all of this struggle and discovery and experimentation has been so helpful in my work ...

Note to self: Remember this Jill ... you have spent the last several months feeling like you were losing ground and look where you are now. Maybe not exactly where you wanted to be weight wise but because of what you experienced and researched and finally DID you have come to some very different knowledge and through that ... success .................................... keep refining it to fit you ...
    This whole thing with working out has been so maddening for me. My body could not do the work and the weights.... the fight through that to where I am now. I am taking myself through Neurorehabilitation to strength again. I am experiencing it for myself and that is valuable. I am still going to create the body I want but at deeper levels than I ever thought.
    I am much more confident in the work and much clearer on the complexities and layers of neuromuscular Disorganzation. ... I am nearly there..... Now I must push. Massive Action! .....

Millionaire Messenger is an awesome read and Brian Burchard is a pretty interesting guy. learning a lot from him.....

An Aha! moment for me. Can i do a little of all of these things I am into everyday? ... researching biology of Obesity .. Internet marketing .. working on a website and journal hosting ... my story ... a product ... NMR ... neuromuscular rehab ... reach my weight loss goal ... money goals ...

Skip talked about being able to lift heavier and heavier weight in the gym and how it is a metaphor for life also. Building intellectual, mental muscle to handle more and more
    Last edited by MzJules; 09-06-2013 at 12:07 AM.

9/5/13

[b]Thinking this morning about how my cheat is NOT eating today. (I am so tired of eating! Ha!)... but the search I have been on the last couple months has brought me greater understanding of physiology and I have met one or two philosophies that I have taken pieces from and incorporated. It's been good.

You know, this all reminds me of religion. I was a minister for awhile and so was very close to the inner workings of that particular system. ... The pull for people in all belief systems, religion, Fitness etc. is that they will somehow find some nugget of information, some formula or phrase or fact or made-up fact about their journey of existence that is supposed to solve problems and enlighten consciousness, set them free, take the load off, completely change them, THAT THEY WILL ARRIVE!!.
    Like their is something hidden you must all find to finally get you where you need to go. It is not hidden at all.
    You do not have to give yourself over to one idea.... Someone who has gone deeper into the forest than you may have a better map and you can use that but STILL ... you have to walk it by yourself and you will discover lots of new things ABOUT YOURSELF!... Look at all the different ways fitness is presented and all the different success stories and ALL the different ways they did it! ... There are some basic things that are firm but look at all the distinctions.. .... I don't have time to finish this thought but you know what I mean.

Basically consciousness is dynamic. It isn’t a key looking for a lock.

Consciousness is dynamic because it creates. It creates new realities.

It isn’t primarily a container for What Is, for what already exists

If there is a secret about consciousness, that’s it. IT CREATES.....

even if you find some information that is helpful there is always another piece of information that comes along to change your mind, to hook you in, to put you into bondage so to speak. We weren;t meant to live that way. In bondage.

Create something today.... Create your own life, your own reality. change your mind about how you think it's SUPPOSED TO BE.
    Take one action step toward and you have begun the momentum. Take Massive Action and you have started a Tidal wave.
    there is no limit to what you can create.

9/8/13

... Too many distractions that I get OCD about and it pulls me from action I should be taking.... weeding them out

Cutting out SOME things are easy. People are harder ... especially when you have several that depend on you. ... I am a nurturer. ... A connector ... and I can carry a lot of weight ... but I want to put it down...
    I said it before ... I would love to have a couple years all to myself. I dream about it sometimes. it will never happen....
    Anyway ... nuff of that.

Time to DO! ..Massive Action!
    1. Mental Development ..let go of who you are to become what you want to be/
    2. Eat/Workout/protein/more fat/no more than 80/100 carbs a day/ continue research to understand physiology/psychology of eating
    3. Financial development/Work/Study/Practice/125. an hour Dec 2014/use all my resources toward this end/time/money/people/Massive Action/ be the Best/ ....
    4. Creative thinking every morning

My path has not been very straight but I am going in the right direction....flexibility and trust in myself .

My big struggle right now. How do I compartmentalize the people in my life? Balance them with everything else I am doing... They need me. ... I feel like I am failing at it. .... It's like having your arms too full of apples. I keep dropping some and I pick them up and drop more. ....

Cardio .. I walked for 60 minutes ... hard! ... like I was trying to get away from something ...I am not analyzing it ... I don't care where it is coming from ... transmuting that energy into action today
    Last edited by MzJules; 09-09-2013 at 11:01 PM.

9/10/13

A very good podcast. It touched me very deeply.... I feel like I am always in the pain of wanting more and struggling to make myself do what I know I need to do to get it...

[QUOTE=skiplacour;1131754133]

Hurry and get your "failures" out of the way so you can get to your successes – Morning Connection Podcast #30 (34 minutes)

This is one “next level” distinction about success that many people who are new to their journey just don’t understand.

I appreciate your comments below and your social media likes, shares, and retweets to spread the good word!

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

Click here to listen to this podcast.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by MzJules; 09-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.

9/12/13

Cardio ... 4 sprints .... stretching... felt good to be in the gym today

2600 cals today ... I dropped down again the last week and my weight loss came to a screeching halt! .. Duh!

Tomorrow:
    1.2600 cals ..Remember what you wrote last week ... staying here for a few months to give it a chance to work.
    2.Connections
    3.Continue NMR study. I am finding that there is not enough written material concerning all the protocols involved. Pushing for more sit in sessions with K. ... Back and Hip assesment class next month. I understand so much more now. I should pick up a lot more knowledge.
    4.Gym ...5;30
    [b]goals:... 135lbs ... 125.00 an hour ... NMR Pro ... "Taming the G" .. Ujncovering and freeing myself

Skip talked this morning about embracing stress to build up the muscle to take more on. I understand the idea and I have taken more on in the last year.
    It's just so damn stressful!!! ... Ha!

I feel like I am jumping all over the place everyday and every week and every month. I have so many things going that I for get what i was doing last week. I am looking at all the things I want to do ... all the projects that are in so many different stages of evolution. ... It's because all the things I want to do I have to learn HOW to do first!! That takes time. I am running from one thing to the next. Today i sat at the coffee shop and figured out my priorities for this Big Plan of mine. ..it's a good plan.....

I wish I was tougher...... How do you get tougher? ... I'll google that.

9/13/13

Cardio ... 6 sprints .... stretching...

2100 cals today ... could not get that 500 cals down... ran out of meal replacement. have to stay on top of that.

Tomorrow:
    1.2600 cals ... this is the way I am going to get the body I want.. EAT!! ... I really do not want to be writing this same crap next year at this time.
    2.Connections
    3.Continue NMR study. My priority right now. My way to fund other projects. My way to my own business.
    4.Gym ...7am
    [b]goals:... 135lbs ... 125.00 an hour ... NMR Pro ... "Taming the G" .. Total Uncovering ..

I was very down today. ... Normally I would try to talk myself out of it and buck up ... suck it up ... quit feelin sorry ... yada yada .. but honestly, life is like this. it's difficult and it's full of great moments...Ying and Yang..... I used it. i allowed myself to feel the despair of what it might be like if I failed at my dreams for myself. ... 10 years from now I will be 70!! ... H***S***! .... I can't even relate to that at all. ... do I want to be full of regret for what I didn't do? Do I want to feel like I didn't give it my all? ...Do I want to still be struggling to get this weight off? or do I still want to be going to the gym and enjoying my life and having fun and growing and contributing? ..... Motivating.

9/14/13

Thankyou Skip for the shout out and the encouragement. You're right. I AM handling a lot more with a lot more grace and poise. I am stronger. Much less reactive to outside challenges. And I am reaching higher ... I never stop thinking about it ...
    I remember the first time I heard this idea of embracing more and more stress to build up the ability to handle even more..... The weights were the metaphor and I understood.... You spoke about it during the Challenge and in Manformation and "Mindset". .... it was such a revelation, so novel to me.
    It changed my perception of what was going on at the time and was one of the the great ideas that got me through a lot. ...It was one of the biggest lessons I have learned from you and I needed that reminder last week.

Thankyou for all you give to us here. You never fail to inspire and keep me reaching.

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post

Saturday morning ramblings and let us tell you how young we think you are – Morning Connection Podcast #34 (27 minutes)

I appreciate your comments below and your social media likes, shares, and retweets to spread the good word!

Have a great day.

Click here to listen to this podcast.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

MM1000 Micronized Creatine
    Support muscle strength and muscle stamina
    while increasing blood flow. Supreme Quality. Pure
    Creatine Monohydrate. Awesome Value.
    Click Here to order on Bodybuilding.com

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    9/14/13

Thankyou Skip for the shout out and the encouragement. You're right. I AM handling a lot more with a lot more grace and poise. I am stronger. Much less reactive to outside challenges. And I am reaching higher ... I never stop thinking about it ...
    I remember the first time I heard this idea of embracing more and more stress to build up the ability to handle even more..... The weights were the metaphor and I understood.... You spoke about it during the Challenge and in Manformation and "Mindset". .... it was such a revelation, so novel to me.
    It changed my perception of what was going on at the time and was one of the the great ideas that got me through a lot. ...It was one of the biggest lessons I have learned from you and I needed that reminder last week.

Thankyou for all you give to us here. You never fail to inspire and keep me reaching.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep on keeping on !! Nice little shout out on the podcast!!
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

9/15/2013

2600 calories today ... man am i struggling with eating again. Grouchy as hell about it. After the multitude of podcasts I listened to today one thought came through. I am not thinking about this properly. Again. And after reading a 100lb womans maintenance is 3500 calories what did I do? From 2900 Dropped to 2600 than 2400, back to 2600 from 3000 in 4 weeks.
    . I spent some time considering this repetitive behavior. It really is a pattern I have and it does show up in other areas of my life. I simply do not do what I do not want to do if I don't feel like it. ... It's like I completely lose touch with what I say I want .... even though I have just read my goals and looked at my dream board...... WTH! ....... this is the piece I must get past before anything is going to work..... How will I overcome that? .....I thought about it today . There are lots of little things I put off because I dont want to do them. Maybe because I think they are not so important that attitude leaks into the bigger stuff. I wrote them down today and did 2 things on that list.
    Perhaps this will help create the momentum I need to keep me in the right mindset to follow through with the eating.... Where else does this show up..... shakin my head ... I really do not have time for this... Massive action ... apply the pressure....

4 sit ins planned and booked the next 4 weeks. I need to stay on getting my own bodywork done. learning a lot that way too.
    Back onto studying the hormones this week. I think i was on leptin. I have a better picture of how it works but not the whole thing

tomorrow
    1. Eat 3000 calories with the attitude of a person on a mission to create a better life and greater physical health. Like an adult, express gratitude for each meal and the fact that every bite is going to take you where you want to ultimately go! ...
    2. Drink 1 gallon of water ... the first quart when you get up. (what was I saying about overhydration?...)
    3. Spend an hour developing new check list for physical and career goals. Use examples on the board
    4. Go over all extensors in the body.
    5. Write important letter and gather relevant documentation.

Workout

2x through

20 Touch jumps
    10 Two arm presses ..10lb
    5 One leg shin taps .. 10 lb weight
    10 Two arm rows ...10lb
    20 Climber toe taps
    Plank ... 2 min

will start with this ... I tested position of grip while holding the weights on these. Mild discomfort in left forearm. manageable......
    having my left Tricep stripped out tomorrow, it really helps release Ulnaris ... I am experimenting with new positions with this arm while i work. The more NMR I incorporate the less tired I feel physically.

[b]135lbs... I doubt I will make this goal by jan. have to figure out a new date. ... 125 an hour by jan 2014 ...

9/16/2013

Is what Im doing really leading me where it is I say I want to go? ....... How much peanut butter and jelly am I eating?

I thought about this.... Peanut butter and jelly can make you feel good and comfortable . so comfortable you forget about thanksgiving altogether..... you can settle for Peanut butter and jelly.

I am laughing at this but really .....I know how to cook a complete, high quality, amazingly delicious, beautifully presented thanksgiving Dinner..... I like this metaphor. ... i wrote down all the different "dishes" involved in creating my thanksgiving meal "metaphorically"

First how about "a lot on my plate" ... abundance ... a feast ... feeding frenzy..ha!

turkey .... life purpose, spirituality, service, relationship, love, .... the kill ...
    mashed potatoes .. family, friends, possessions, padding or savings, sustainable, solid, fulfilling
    gravy .. money, free flow of resources, warmth, covering
    sweet potatoes... with marshmallows of course .. and brown sugar ... and butter ..... fun, pleasure, playfulness, laughter, indulgence, the sweet to accent the savory,
    cranberries ... tart, tangy ... maybe expanding experience, stepping up to try new things ...overcoming fears ... not everyone likes cranberries
    bread ... foundation, integrity, values ... establishing solid discipline,
    Dessert ..... hmmm .. what is dessert? ... excitement ... accomplishment .. success .. many things I think

so tomorrow I will ask if what I am doing is thanksgiving dinner or Peanut Butter. I like this exercise.

reading "Checklist Manifesto" ...

1. eat..check
    2. workout..check
    3. make money..check
    4. study ..check
    5. 2 things i do not want to do ..check.................. the list goes on

What will create a Thanksgiving Feast in my life to enjoy every day?

[QUOTE=skiplacour;1134660543]

Don't let the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ruin your Thanksgiving dinner– Morning Connection Podcast #36 (51 minutes)

During this podcast, I talk about my continual struggle to make sure I’m not spending my time doing things that I’ve convinced myself are productive--but really just make me feel good and seem busy. Do you have the same challenge from time to time too?

Spending too much time wrapped up in doing these things will only waste time and curb the “hunger” you need to use the most of your abilities to get what you really want in life.

Have a great day.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Extremely interesting thoughts. I don't think you can have Thanksgiving dinner every day. Seriously
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”