Thread: Shrugs

tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shrugs

I do side shrugs on machines. Are those just as good as front shrugs with a bar? I don't do shrugs with a barbell because I always hit my nuts when I pull lol... and it looks weird.

shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaiekh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by tryingtobb View Post
    I do side shrugs on machines. Are those just as good as front shrugs with a bar? I don't do shrugs with a barbell because I always hit my nuts when I pull lol... and it looks weird.
    try upright row
    skinny2hunk.com

platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should try rear barbell shrugs too. The only thing they hit is your ass. haha
    You could try side shrugs with dumbbells. They won't hit anything. I know what you mean by "rubbing" when doing front barbell shrugs. I usually wear tight boxer briefs along with maybe 2 pairs of shorts. That keeps everything in place and limits the irritation.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm also curious about machine shrugs vs barbell. Any opinions on which is better? I tend to op for barbell exercises, but this one I'm not sure of.

platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know machines can aid in isolation, but is a machine shrug causing you to build the muscle improperly? Good thought. I find that the machine at my gym doesn't hit the right spot...based on feel. I have tried it out of curiosity but didn't like it. The grips are at strange angles too and too wide for me.

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tryingtobb View Post
    Try the front shrugs a smith machine if you have one available. I find it allows me to keep the bar stabilized so that I can step back just a hair more which allows the path of the bar slightly more room to "clear things". Also, db's are a good bet if your gym has ones heavy enough to challenge you.

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    I'm also curious about machine shrugs vs barbell. Any opinions on which is better? I tend to op for barbell exercises, but this one I'm not sure of.
    Your muscles don’t know the difference. Either one can be a viable option as long as you are making progress by either adding weight and/or reps lifted consistently. Try both and see if you have a preference either way.

Wow I can't believe I didn't mention that....yes smith machine shrugs make it possible to move serious amounts of weight without damaging your jewels. Thanks Terman1 for pointing out another option. I never do them on a smith so I completely forgot that was an option.

Originally Posted by platypusman View Post
    Wow I can't believe I didn't mention that....yes smith machine shrugs make it possible to move serious amounts of weight without damaging your jewels. Thanks Terman1 for pointing out another option. I never do them on a smith so I completely forgot that was an option.
    You're welcome. Good luck!!!