woodyboy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arm workout day after chest and shoulders???

at the moment my workout routine consists of a 4 day cycle of
    *chest and shoulders
    *Arms and back
    *abs and cardio
    *legs
    and then i repeat the same cycle straight after. the reason behind it is that i want to try and work each muscle group twice a week/ 8 days. i would put a day between the two main workouts but my arms usually take an extra day to recover. for a period of time i did try working arms with chest but found that after a good chest workout i couldn't put the same energy into my arm workout, hence why i prefer to work them separately the day after. the only worry i have is that i'm over training? and what damages would training arms a day after chest cause? any feedback would be much appreciated. thanks

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    depends on what program you are working to. I occasionally do an arm day, but only very occasionally. I do biceps same day as back and triceps same day as chest at the moment. Remember that arm muscles are minor in comparison to the biggies (back, chest, legs etc). You say you are a bit low in energy when working your arms on chest day - that's because chest (or rather pushing) excercises require the triceps to be incorporated into the movement, so your triceps are actually getting a workout then. same with biceps on pull movements.

Some routines I've used have had no additional arm workouts whatsoever, as they are spent from push and pull on the big compound excercies.

My advice for now - stick to biceps after back excercises, try and keep reps medium (8 to 12), couple of sets in 2 excercises for example. Same with triceps. That should be enough to see the growth you need.

Problem with a dedicated arm day is that it hits the smaller arm muscles, tires the arms out, slows recovery a bit, and means you have another day to wait for their recovery before doing back and chest again.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't do it. Tris are already getting hit with chest so why workout out a muscle the next day that is still recovering. It's fine to work tris right after working chest. Think of your chest workout as a warmup and also part of your tri workout. I would say as long as you do dips and or closegrip bench, you are GTG.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would do what the other two have said. Do Tri's with chest and bi's with back. But only do one maybe 2 exercises for each as they will be torched from the compund lifts. Plus putting them with their bigger moves like bench and rows/pullups, they get pretty well warmed up prior to even working them out.

Look at something like
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    abs/cardio
    delts
    legs

This still gives you that 4 day cycle that your looking for.
    OG

woodyboy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cheers for the responses, appreciate it. Will try that new 4 day routine above