Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Transhumanist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I took ephedrine, can I still compete?

I did not realize that ephedrine was a banned substance in many natural bodybuilding organizations. (Yeah yeah I know I should have looked at the banned substance list more carefully). I've been taking it for about a week and a half. If I stop taking it now can I still compete? Most of the organizations hosting bodybuilding shows in my area say in their banned substances list that you can't take ephedrine within 6 months of a contest. Should I play it safe and not compete in a contest within 6 months even if I stop my ephedrine use right now? Doesn't ephedrine only stay in the system for about a week?

CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    The first thing you should do is contact the promoter for the contest you are interested in competing in. Explain your situation, and ask them what their opinion is on your entering their contest, assuming you will be able to legitimately abide by the rules of that organization/contest.

The best thing you can do is be completely honest with not only yourself, but the people involved with the organization, the contest, and the person that administers the polygraph. There shouldn't be anything you have to hide if you are being honest and abiding by the banned substance list and the rules set in place for a particular contest.

There is no fooling anybody. If you are doubtful of whether or not you are abiding by an organizations rules, the quickest way to ease your mind is to talk to the specific promoter for the contest you intend on competing in. They will let you know how they feel about your entry to their contest, considering your situation.
    My Diet - IIFYM - http://oi55.tinypic.com/50i9u.jpg

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If the rules of the org say that you cannot have used it within 6 months, then there is your answer. Everyone else is abiding by that rule. Its got nothing to do with how long it stays within your system......growth hormone is undetectable, but its still on the banned list.

That said if you contacted the promotor and he made an acception realizing you are young (and frankly, foolish) I could understand why he would allow it. Ephedrine usage for a week at the beginning of a prep is not going to provide any advantage. However, if he told you the rules are the rules and asked you to wait until next year, I can understand that view point too. If you do the crime, there is no harm in asking for grace......but be prepared to man up if you dont find any.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If the rules say the time is six months then... you should wait 6 months. Doesn't matter whatosoever how long it stays in your system. Do an NPC show now and then do a natural show when the time limit is up. Pretty simple.

No, the ephedrine isn't going to give you a much of an advantage by taking it for a week, but it's not fair to other guys who didn't take it. Many competitions are won by small margins...

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're going to look and feel pretty silly if you get polygraphed and fail because of ephedrine.

Your choices are simple.
    1) Contact and ask
    2) Wait it out
    3) Compete and risk being DNQ while wasting a perfectly good prep, time, pain, money, and possible ban from that org over a DNQ
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03