Got a nagging problem here,
I keep getting a pain in my left elbow during bench press (nothing else)
Just to note, im doing reg park's beginnner 5x5 routine.
- Elbow pain usually during descent on bench press
- Sometimes clicks
- With lighter weights aswell
What I've tried through research:
- altered grip, wide and closer
- loosened my grip
- ensured my form is as good as possible i.e. feet on floor, shoulder blades contracted, slight arch in back (enough to fit hand under), elbows at ~45% to body, pressing just above nipples
- close bench press for triceps does not hurt my elbow
Just been reading the sticky on here regarding 'no matter what injury/pain, this test will usually work'.
Well i've tested for ROM and Weight etc and have found that even on heavy weights, there are times when i dont feel any pain at all, though its rare
It's just frustrating when you spend time to find proper form through the use of videos/mirrors and it is only you that suffers from certain injuries'pains while your mates continue to be out of form with no problems.
Anyway, if anyone can help/offer suggestions (if there is any other than rest) I would be really grateful!
Thread: Bench Press and Elbow Pain