SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Excessive lordosis and anterior pelvic tilt

So recently I found out, I suffer from Excessive lordosis and anterior pelvic tilt due to years of poor posture sitting on a desk.
    I also had a history of shoulder injuries (bicep tendinitis, impignement) but the situation got better by doing more upper back work and correcting the muscle imbalance.

I read tons of information, now still I have some questions left,

This are the excersises I will do everyother 2 days.
    - Glute bridges
    - Reverse crunches
    - Leg raises
    - leg curls
    - Planks
    any advices on these?

Things I am willing to do but not sure if i should do
    - stiff legged deadlifts
    - hyper extensions without arching back at the top

Can I still train my quads? i'll stop doing squats but are leg extensions and maybe front squats a thing that I can do? or am I better of not training them for a while?

What stretches are the most important (I hate stretches) for the hips/quads? the plan is do to the stretches everyday combined with foam rolling excersises
    I bought a foam roller but am not sure which are the good excersises and in general not making my situation worse!

btw, this is a pic of my condition right now:
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/uplozd.jpg/ (put http before the link)

Help would be much appreciated!! thanks!!!
    In b4 Join Date: Aug 2011.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi,

My advice for the list of exercises is to focus on MMC. You don't have to go overboard with the corrective exercises, just make sure you are really squeezing the buttocks, obliques, and rectus abdominus, and consciously attempting to relax the hip flexors.

The key to solving the problem is released the tension of the hip flexors. I highly recommend carefully looking at an anatomy chart for hip flexors. Sure, they are obviously at the front+top of the thigh, but its very important to see how they fan out and connect to the lower spine, where you can't see them. Studying the anatomy will reveal some secrets to stretching the hip flexors. A proper stretch will not only be felt in the front of the thigh, but way deep down in the core as well, towards the base of the spine.

When you perform a standing quad stretch, your lordosis will naturally increase because of the tight hip flexors. When this occurs, the hip flexors aren't lengthening at all. They are remaining the same length and pulling the lower spine forward with the leg. Therefore, you must ACTIVELY resist lordosis, and try to straighten/round the lower back while performing a quad stretch. This will increase the distance between the upper femur and the lower inner spine, and truly stretch the hip flexors. You will immediately feel relief after completing a proper hip flexor stress, and it feels wonderful. It is like taking an enormous pressure off your body that you were never really conscious of, because you were used to it. Perform hip flexor stretches every day.

As for the actual stretches, I recommend all of the stretches included in the hip mobility section of this EXCELLENT article:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...a_deeper_squat

The actual stretches are on page 2, but I recommend reading the whole article. This leads me to one more idea:

Master the deep squat and deadlift. I've spent years squatting and only feeling them in my quads, but upon gaining some slight skill in performing a deep, proper squat, I now feel insane tension in the glutes and adductors at the bottom of the squat. You will absolutely know when you've gotten the technique right, because your butt will literally push you out of the bottom of the squat.

I believe a deep squat combined with deadlifting and hip mobility stretches will take care of your problem very quickly.

SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubstanceP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks man! those stretches with video are exactly what I was looking for!
    Will rep when possible!

grt

On serveral sites people are advising that you better shouldnt squat and deadlift because these exercises bring more tension on the lower back.. who should I believe?

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can you squat to parallel without rounding your back? If so, then do so. If you cannot then do mobility drills and stretching until you can squat to parallel without rounding your back. Continue squatting and working on mobility until you can do a full squat without rounding your back. I would imagine by then your postural issues will be gone too :P

Deadlifts should be fine with your condition.

Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    “If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” -Bruce Lee

My Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147345563

Personal Bests:
    Squat: 445x5
    Bench: 295x5
    Row: 230x5
    Press: 180x5
    Deadlift: 435x5