JoelThomas1070 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hiking/Backpacking

I go on a lot of hikes with a backpack (with a waist strap) in excess of about 10 kilos, what muscles should i be training in order to make it easier for myself, please include exercises that i can use to train the muscles

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A general strength program works fine for backpacking. Just avoid heavy leg work the day before or after. Going shorter distances with a heavier load also helps.

I backpack once a week. I typically hit the same distance twice - the first time doing the distance, the second time adding around 2kg. So if you do 15K with 10kg one week, do 15K the next week with 12kg. Every few months half the weight and start at maybe 5K again.

Seeing as im fairly new to training in general, what is a general strength program? is that just my normal workout?

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JoelThomas1070 View Post
    Seeing as im fairly new to training in general, what is a general strength program? is that just my normal workout?
    A full body routine 2-3 times a week. Check the stickies for more information.

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    A full body routine 2-3 times a week. Check the stickies for more information.
    cool thanks