Registered User BulkingGorrilla's Avatar
    BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Woot 185lbs seated military press :)

Today i hit 185lbs on my military press, so excited

Today i weighed in at 177lbs as well. Any comments or suggestions that could help me out would be awesome.
    Here is the video guys enjoy

Last edited by BulkingGorrilla; 01-10-2012 at 05:48 PM.

BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    that bad?

SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100) SimonGuey is not very well liked. (-100)
    LMAO..... bro. Drop down to 95 lbs and actually put in some real work. Maybe you'll gain a little definition in the mean time.

drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You a have nice power rack there, use it, lose the bench and do a standing press, a seated/incline bench type press with the bar already at your eyeballs is hard to see where your strength level really is. Standing press is much better for you, you will be happy you made the switch.

ya man i will definitely give it a try, thx dude

drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10) drvelociraptor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BulkingGorrilla View Post
    believe it or not, the bar is actually right at my chin level

I have read on youtube, that you shouldn't go any lower than the chin level or it puts extra stress on your shoulders. Thats why i do the seated press.
    You shouldn't believe everything you see on youtube, if you don't know how to press it can be bad for your shoulders, but if you do it properly to avoid impingement a full ROM standing press is one of the best exercises for you. That seated press is wasting a lot of energy IMO.

gotcha bro

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your going to injure yourself if you keep that up. Drop the weight, drop the safety bars, do standing presses and concentrate on form and using your shoulders to press, not every bit of your body to get the weight up there.

Good effort though

And why are you red?
    www.grazethesky.com

thx for the advice krete, i will start to do standing presses next shoulder day, i will also drop the weight and focus on higher reps, how many sets and what rep range you recommend for the military press?

don't know why i am red either though? guess my videos aren't a hit

if people want to give me positive reps then that would be awesome hahaha

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nice strength. But i would recommend getting rid of the bench and doing standing military presses

stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this again?

mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The F.uck? Why is everyone telling him to do military presses all of a sudden and to ditch the seated shoulder press, like it was a ****ty exercise or something? Both are great exercises and have their advantages if OP prefers doing seated shoulder presses over standing military presses there's no problem with that, it's not like military presses have been proven to be way better than seated shoulder press.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    video wont open. i was hoping to see it because i think i am doing the same mistake. I am doing MP seated too.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're doing a military press I don't feel being seated or standing makes a real difference. I mean the main thing that makes it a military press is you are not using the legs or hips to drive the bar up...