eweter28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help getting enought protein!

Hello everyone,
    My husband and I started the 100,000 challenge yesterday and I am struggling with getting enough protein. I have been supplementing with whey protein but I am not much of a meat eater. I am allergic to pork and my husband to seafood so we tend to stay away from those proteins. I was hoping that everyone could suggest some alternatives to eating meat so that I can get enough protein to continue building muscle. I really want to succeed at this and want to make sure I am getting enough from my food. Any suggestions are appreciated!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Meat is the most protein dense.... you are going to be eat a fair quantity of stuff if you avoid it.

Eggs
    Natural yogurt and other dairy
    Beans, peas, lentils, nuts

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Beans, eggs, and milk are also good sources of protein but the way I understand it though is that lean meat is your best source for muscle building protein because of all the other "stuff" it has in it. This is off the top of my head, I've read a few different articles on the subject on various web sites but don't have the links at the moment.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Other than meat, the protein I eat comes from eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, and whey powder.

weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How's about chicken?
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBZCr0EuhY

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use myofusion to help. A shake in the morning and before bed.

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Quinoa.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle6286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Besides some meat and fish, we eat hard boiled and scrambled eggs, greek yogurt and regular yogurt, lentils, steel cut oats (has some protein), cottage cheese, natty pb, and ON whey protein. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but that's a good base of what my wife and I eat.
    Last edited by kyle6286; 01-09-2012 at 09:31 AM.

eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Special K cereal / Kashi Go lean. both offer about 9 -14 protein per cup (around 140 cals) if you add a cup of soy milk you can even get more protein
    greek yogurt-depends on what you buy - has about 19-25g protein

TheGift2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try greek yogurt, egg whites, and Northern beans they have are high in fiber and have a good amount of protien. Also Ezekiel bread has some protein and is good with egg whites for breakfast

eweter28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. These are things I can definitely stand to eat

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisscotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if u dont eat much meat, here is what i eat since i dont eat any meat.. U have eggs, tofu, lentils, tempeh, greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, soy milk or regular milk, nuts and peas.. Just some more option for you since you dont have to go about thinking there isnt enough protein sources without meat.. But chicken, lean turkey are very high protein and good sources!

kimber117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another great source is Olympian Labs Pea Protein. 25 grams per scoop and it tastes great. My 8 year old son LOVES shakes made with this.

iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100) iahawkette is not very well liked. (-100)
    Here's the link to the blog of the woman, that is friends of my travel nurse friend that I told you about that won Ms Fitness America 2007 by eating a vegan diet. kardenaskitchen.com

Google image her so you can see pictures of her body. Her name is Kardena Pauza.

flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flufftofit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Seitan

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably going to need some whey shakes. I take 40g of whey when I wake up and 40g an hour before bed.