jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chicken Breast? Healthy or not?

Hey guys i need help is chicken breast good for a diet. If so which ways could i cook it. dont mind me asking for receipes? Is because i bought a pack of skinless and i want ways to cook it the best way that helps out with my diet plan?

-thanks Joel
    Last edited by jojojoel12; 01-08-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Boil it

superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bake mine and use a mixture of salt,Cayenne pepper and garlic as some seasoning. Hmmmm its so good never gets old eat chicken breast every day

jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jojojoel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Thomas6241 View Post
    Boil it
    i might do that with some thanks

chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just usually throw it in a large pan with olive oil, hit it up with lemon pepper seasoning, or taco mix, and chop it up and mix it every few minutes till it looks cooked. Throw it in a whole wheat tortilla. (white tortillas are fine too, I just prefer wheat) Depending on my calorie goals, I load it up with chicken, and garnish it with cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce.

I ate 19 oz of chicken at lunch today in one sitting. Feltgreatman

edit: as far as whether chicken is healthy on a diet or not, it depends on who you ask. Go to vegan bbng.com and the answer is no. Come here, and the answer is "what is a healthy food"?

Chicken is simply a filling low calorie high protein food choice that's on the money when your meeting your macro goals.
    Last edited by chickeneater; 01-08-2012 at 10:43 PM.

loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I bake mine for 20-25 mins. Make sure you take off the skin if it's not already skinless.

vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use coconut oil. Be careful of olive oil, There are studies that show cooking with olive oil at high temp becomes toxic.

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cut it into steaks and cook it with olive oil in a pan at a very low temperature
    If the temperature is high you're going to get a dry and chewy chicken but chicken breast should actually be as tender as sausage

As for recipes I like chicken breast with a teaspoon of peanut butter, yeah straight into the pain makes a great sauce
    Also I soak the chicken steaks in whipped eggs and then bread crumbs and make based schnitzel
    I put a slice of ham over the chicken and then a slice of mozzarella and let everything melt
    I cut it into strips and make a chicken salad with lettuce, mozzarella, cucumber, peppers
    I put a tablespoon of white sauce on the chicken while cooking in the pan then a lot of black pepper

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chicken breast is great! I personally like it marinated in mixed herbs, garlic and soy sauce, but try different styles and find what you like.
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jojojoel12 View Post
    Hey guys i need help is chicken breast good for a diet. If so which ways could i cook it. dont mind me asking for receipes? Is because i bought a pack of skinless and i want ways to cook it the best way that helps out with my diet plan?
    -thanks Joel
    most fukin healthy meat you will ever find, yes. Turkey breast is also good but chicken is personally better taste, and texture is much softer.
    Personaly I just grill it, put olive oil or any other oils that you want, make sure u slice on top and on the bottom before u cook it so that way it will get cooked throughout in and out, start cooking and flip once half side is done, and before the other side is done, use the scissor and cut them into small pieces, so this ensures the whole sides get cooked. You want to have fire medium or low so it doesn't burn and if its burned texture will be so hard and u dont want that.

After that add veges and flavor. I personally put brocollies or sometimes onions (Or both), and puts lots of garlic powders on top, if u dont have garlic powder just smash garlic and put it there. Start mixing them make sure fire is low or medium, put some black pepper and now put precooked brown rice on top, start mixing and add some more garlic powder.
    few drops of soysauce and mix it and ready to go.

Personally I like b-rice to be crunchy so sometimes I take out chicken before it burns so much, and I cook rice seperate, this way chicken dont get too much burned and u can burn rice for the nice crispy treat.

You can add any sauce on top of this completed product because it might not be that tasty. I use Tapatio on the chicken to get better taste. Use kechup or w/e u want. Masterpiece bbq sauce is also good option. It's all about not burning chicken and taking it out on time, requires lil practice
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):

BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by chickeneater View Post
    I just usually throw it in a large pan with olive oil, hit it up with lemon pepper seasoning, or taco mix, and chop it up and mix it every few minutes till it looks cooked. Throw it in a whole wheat tortilla. (white tortillas are fine too, I just prefer wheat) Depending on my calorie goals, I load it up with chicken, and garnish it with cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce.

I ate 19 oz of chicken at lunch today in one sitting. Feltgreatman

edit: as far as whether chicken is healthy on a diet or not, it depends on who you ask. Go to vegan bbng.com and the answer is no. Come here, and the answer is "what is a healthy food"?

Chicken is simply a filling low calorie high protein food choice that's on the money when your meeting your macro goals.
    strong name to topic ratio

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by vincewchan View Post
    There are studies that show cooking with olive oil at high temp becomes toxic.
    Not exactly.

Olive oil and all oils have a smoke point that you should not exceed.

JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyP91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Not exactly.

Olive oil and all oils have a smoke point that you should not exceed.

Intersting.. do you know what that point might be?

Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyP91 View Post
    I don't know what it is but there's a reason olive oil is best used at low temperatures and cooked for a longer period. I would assume because if it's cooked on high, it burns easier and the chemical reaction of charring or burning foods releases toxins which can be harmful in abundance over a long period of time.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyP91 View Post
    See here for a list of smoke points for various cooking oils, including EVOO which has a smoke point of 468°F (242°C).

eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eazzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chicken breast can be made a thousand ways. I finally got tired of chicken breast. ate it for a year straight everyday. started off buying it pre made. then put it in the crockpot with cubes and then seasoned+george foreman grill. i just cant eat it anymore.

mitze90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I boil all my chicken breasts in a big pot and then let them go cold. And then i reheat them in a variety of ways, dice them and nuke them or add to sauce to heat up, sometimes cut long ways into steaks and griddled with a few herbs.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I marinate overnight and grill on a George Foreman.

Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i broil mine in the over with olive oil and whatever kind of seasoning, helps keep it moist and holds in flavor IMO
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

Bulk time

yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chicken is like a bodybuilding staple. I grill up about 12lbs of it a week lol
    Starting weight - 350lbs
    *Lost over 150lbs crew*
    *WetBreasts is gonna make it crew*

antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) antoniobigpunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it might have lots of antibiotics in it. i dont know wat they do tooo u

inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    grill it with some lime juice or bake it with some seasoned salt, garlic powder and kickin' chicken seasoning.

delicious.

shutterup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    I marinate overnight and grill on a George Foreman.
    I buy skinless prepack from BJ use some miss Dash (no salt) and on the Foreman grill it goes. If i want more taste I let it burn a bit (not over cook)then get all that fondue
    off the grill tons of taste.
    MIND
    _______

MATTER