Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User HardcoreFitness's Avatar
    HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000)

My Journey Back to Hardcore!!

Well gentleman this is my much needed return to the life of bodybuilding. It has been far too long since I have been in the gym and even longer since I’ve been a presence on the boards, so this is my return…

Some background: For those of you who don’t know/remember me, I used to be a rep for CEL and have many years experience in the game of training and supplementation. About a year and a half ago I hurt my shoulder pretty bad due to a bad spot while doing DB bench presses when I was at the PA DOC academy. I opted out from surgery and it has slowly but surely gotten better thru lots of physical therapy. To make things much worse I have been at a job where I travel to prisons all over the county so I have been on the road at least 75% of the time and working VERY long hours which led to TERRIBLE eating habits. At 5’9” I was at 200lbs and 10%bf. I am now 225lbs and at a disgusting bf level (will take measurements but definitely in the 20’s). Also I should mention I have a terrible metabolism so it’s very easy for me to put on fat and always a feat to lose it. The tipping point was my wife getting pregnant with our first child. I couldn’t let my son have a fat out of shape father ( who is embarrassed to take his shirt off or look in the mirror) so I knew things had to drastically change.
    I have just gotten a new kick ass job where I don’t have to travel, a new house with a very decent gym and a finally regular schedule. A perfect mix for me to begin my journey to getting ripped again!

I am going to log this not only to get my presence back on the boards and share with others, but logs have always helped push me and keep me honest My son is due on June 3rd, which gives me the perfect amount of time to drop down to 185 lbs ( at 2lbs a week ) and put some size back on. This 20 week journey will be intense and I could not be more pumped. Here’s the plan:
    Training:
    The first 12 weeks of this will be doing a modified version of The Hell Workout that I have had great success with recomping in the past. All exercises will be done with 6 sets, 6 reps and a strict 30 seconds rest between sets. I will be starting with very light weights as I am still coming back from injury, very week  and need to get my muscles, joint and ligaments strengthened without injury. I will post my workout up in the following post.

I will be doing cardio on an empty stomach in the AM immediately following lifting. For now I am doing 30 min of interval on the elliptical. When fat loss begins to slow I will add in another cardio session in the evening of heavy bag work.

Diet:
    Of course will be VERY clean. I am going to be cycling carbs ( as my body is very carb sensitive) and sticking to pretty strict guidelines. I have not yet worked out exact macros for each day but when I do I will post them up. For the time being I am going with what I know my body responds too and needs, and as I need to make changes to keep the fat dropping I will then begin counting calories.

Supplementation: First off I will say that I WILL NOT be digging into my PH stash until I get down to 185. I do not want to waste a cycle on cutting. When I reach my goal on this part of the journey I will then begin my next portion of bulking up with some sexy cycles I have in mind . I will be taking my staples of Whey, Casein, Fish Oil, Multi, Glutamine, BCAA’s, and preworkout ( using Anadrolic State at the moment). As far as fat loss right now I am not taking anything except drinking extra green tea. I have a bottle of Adipoxil I will finish up starting soon, and then I am planning on running EC ( possibly Y ). I have been going back and forth between running DNP or not, was all ready for a cycle and then when I found out I’m having a son decided I didn’t want to risk anything.

This is a very open and informal log, and I welcome any and all input and questions as I start back down the road to Hardcore. Hope you all enjoy the ride!!
    free agent.....

"....Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death."
    -Philippians 1:20

HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000) HardcoreFitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here is my current workout for the first half of my cut. I started this last week so my first week ( of very low weights to be safe ) is on there aswell as my weight. remember every exercise is done 6 sets, 6 reps, w/ 30 sec rest. The couple that say N/A are due abs not able to be done at that frequency yet. They were insanely sore ( along with everything else) and I LOVE IT!

oh and the +/- is for if I want to go up in weight the following week

Transformation.jpg
    free agent.....

RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so your target bf level at June 2012 will be around ? what cardio strategy to lose your body fat ? is hiit a hype or it really works ?
    Hard work. Hard work. Hard work.

Originally Posted by RockWarriorX View Post
    so your target bf level at June 2012 will be around ? what cardio strategy to lose your body fat ? is hiit a hype or it really works ?
    Not aiming entirely for a set bf level, going more by the mirror but goal will be around 9-10% in June. I am doing mostly High Intensity Interval Training, and sometimes when I have the time I will do some additional cardio with extra long low intensity on the elliptical.
    free agent.....

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck!

And congrats on your new little one arriving this June. Yeah, now is the time to get this done.

You may not have as much time after he arrives!

Also, congrats on new house. Lots of exciting things seem to be happening!

How do you do your HIIT? On a machine or ...
    What's Going on in My Fitness Life: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148175393

Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Good luck!

And congrats on your new little one arriving this June. Yeah, now is the time to get this done.

You may not have as much time after he arrives!

Also, congrats on new house. Lots of exciting things seem to be happening!

How do you do your HIIT? On a machine or ...
    Thanks Bro! I have been very blessed, and very pumped for things to come! Right now I'm doing it on an elliptical ( I have lymes disease so my knees cannot handle much running) and once I need to step things up a little more I will be doing HIIT with rounds on my heavy bag.
    free agent.....

Not a great day for starting week 2. Got food poisoning pretty bad. Can't keep anything down, but I guess its better to be cutting than when im bulking! Needless to say I haven't been able to lift today. I'm thinking of doubeling up my workout on wednesday ( chest in the AM,legs in the PM) as I have it off work.
    free agent.....

Still feeling pretty terrible today and barely able to keep any food down, but I did force out a chest workout. It was rough but went up in all my lifts. Was not able to handle cardio as I was throwing up again by then but def better than nothing. Hopefully a good nites sleep will allow a good session tomorrow morning.
    free agent.....

Talking

Finally back to feeling 100 percent. Still got ask my workouts in last week, they were just often halted by sprints to the bathroom. In spite of being very sick all my lifts went up and I lost 5.6 lbs. That takes me to a total of 11 lbs lost in 2 weeks
    free agent.....

I love how a new piece of equipment can lead to an awesome workout! Picked up a new HD utility bench off craigslist for $25
    free agent.....

just found out one of my clients at my new job is Axis Labs, how sweet is that! Gona have to check policy on getting gifts from clients bc im def gona try for some!
    free agent.....

em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbed Dan! Good to see u back around

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HardcoreFitness View Post
    just found out one of my clients at my new job is Axis Labs, how sweet is that! Gona have to check policy on getting gifts from clients bc im def gona try for some!
    in for this! best of luck man! and that is crazy lucky!!.....hope that policy is in your favor haha
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by em-dubya View Post
    Subbed Dan! Good to see u back around
    Thanks Mike, so glad to be back! Never going away again!
    free agent.....

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    in for this! best of luck man! and that is crazy lucky!!.....hope that policy is in your favor haha
    Thanks bro, happy to have you onboard! hoping the same lol. I was actually surprised to find out the owner in a women. def not sexist, just a rarity in this industry.
    free agent.....

Had an awesome shoulder workout today. Was able to bump up on everything. I'm starting to feel comfortable enough (injury recovery wise) to start pushing it more.

Week 3 weigh in is tomorrow. I know I can't keep losing 5-6 lbs a week like I have (if only!) So I'm curious how tomorrow will go, esp as I want as perfect on my perfect as previous weeks on my diet. To be fair it was just a couple meals eating out that I couldnt prevent but I busted my ass all week in the gym with lifting and cardio so hopefully it pays off.

But all in all I have to say this cut has been going perfect. Great workouts, great gains and great results. I'm even starting to not hate the mirror anymore 
    free agent.....

kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to see you back! Good luck with your transformation and rededication.
    kingjameskjf @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

My contest prep/workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115012401&page=4

Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Good to see you back! Good luck with your transformation and rededication.
    Thanks man i appreciate it, and thanks for stopping. Its so great to see everyone again! Theres no place like home
    free agent.....

em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man i appreciate it, and thanks for stopping. Its so great to see everyone again! Theres no place like home
    You plan on doing much posting on the forums or primarily on your journal?

Originally Posted by em-dubya View Post
    You plan on doing much posting on the forums or primarily on your journal?
    Oh ill def be back hitting the forums!
    free agent.....

Oh ill def be back hitting the forums!
    gotta say I really wish bb.com would enable tapatalk though. Makes forums so simple to navigate and get updates. I love it on all the other forums. I wonder what their deal is?
    free agent.....

Week 3 complete! Weighed in at 213.4. So thats down 11.6 lbs so far. Not the rate off loss ive seen in the first weeks (which is expected) but I also gave to take into account the muscle I've put back on too. Vissualy its been a pretty dramaic change already. Muscles are much fuller and harder, love that muscle memory! Strength has been progressing great aswell.

To keep my momentum I'm going to now start incorporating some supplements. I have a half bottle of adipoxil I'm going to start with, then I will be moving onto EC and some SNS RK 
    free agent.....

Well not off to a good start this week. Got 23 min into cardio and my elliptical broke. Gonna tear it apart tonight and hopefully get it fixed.

Then i opened up my supplement cupboard to get my creatine to start taking today and found the reminents of a mouse being in there. The little bastard ate a full bottle of pmag, and got into into my sns rk500, tta, inhibit-e, and clen! If somehow it lived through it without its heart exploding there is a massive and cut mouse in my garage!
    free agent.....

Well not off to a good start this week. Got 23 min into cardio and my elliptical broke. Gonna tear it apart tonight and hopefully get it fixed.

Then i opened up my supplement cupboard to get my creatine to start taking today and found the reminents of a mouse being in there. The little bastard ate a full bottle of pmag, and got into into my sns rk500, tta, inhibit-e, and clen! If somehow it lived through it without its heart exploding there is a massive and cut mouse in my garage!
    That sux

Yeah I cannot believe it happened. I also just tore apart my elliptical and its not fixable. BUT my night did get better when I just ordered 16 lbs of trueprotien ( you know from who )
    free agent.....

kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

that sucks. I was thinking the same thing, that mouse must be ripped!
    kingjameskjf @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

My contest prep/workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115012401&page=4

Great workouts this week. Details to follow.....
    free agent.....

hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats on the Progress so far. Keep it up!
    Commitment and Duty: A young Officers drive to the stage. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150397083&p=995053613#post995053613

Once you figure out the "why" then the "how" is easy

Originally Posted by hamiltronj View Post
    Congrats on the Progress so far. Keep it up!
    Thanks man! Gona keep busting my ass to keep the momentum going!
    free agent.....

Week 4 complete!

Here us a pick of my "fat board" I put up in my gym

So heres the breakdown of my stats...
    Start weight - 225lbs
    Goal - 185
    Week 1 - 220
    Week 2 - 214.6
    Week 3 - 213.4
    Week 4 - 210

Total lost since jan 2nd - 15 lbs
    Total to goal - 25 lbs

Changes this past week:
    -Started taking adipoxil
    -only did cardio once as my elliptical broke
    -changed from Syngex protien to as Syntha 6

Now I know most people say to never use syntha 6 on a cut, and while I agree its not optimal I got a tub for $20 so I just adjusted my kcal intake accordingly. Clearly it had no negative effect on weightloss. The bad was that I got really sick on tues and wed (missed workouts) and soon realised it was bc of the syntha 6. I recently found out I developed an intollerance for lactose and it never crossed my mind that syntha 6 is high in lactose.
    Solotion: I ordered 16lbs of very low lactose protien from true protien

Changes for next week:
    - no more syntha 6
    - get back onto daily cardio ( if no new equip by then ill be doing heavybag training)
    - start going to failure on training

All lifts gave gone up consistenlty and shoulder is feeling great.

And if anyone wants any other details or has any questions just lmk

Summary: very succesfull week!
    free agent.....