GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

medium sizes of Olympic bars like 5ft, 5.5ft, and 6 ft what size recommended?

Hello

I saw some medium sizes of Olympic bars in 5ft, 5.5ft, and 6 ft .

- how do I know what size I need and what is the most size recommended?

- What are the considerations in selecting these sizes of Olympic bars?

Tnx

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    These are useful for people who don't have the room for a normal seven foot bar.

Shorter bars are also more convenient for some specific exercises.

Basically you want a normal seven foot bar as that is where you will have the greatest selection of types and prices.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    for example- triceps and biceps it's not good thing I think to use with seven foot, most people want a more shorter bar.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GymPowerMan View Post
    Hello

What are the considerations in selecting these sizes of Olympic bars?
    I have a 5ft Olympic bar. I find that the sleeves are too short to allow an adequate amount of weight to be loaded on it.

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I have a 5ft Olympic bar. I find that the sleeves are too short to allow an adequate amount of weight to be loaded on it.
    This middle bars is good thing if you want to use it only for the smaller muscles like I said.

If you put the right size of the plates you can't to be really strong for to cover full sleeve with Olympic plates.
    If yes, maybe you using this 5" bar not for the correct exercises or with wrong plates size.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for example- triceps and biceps it's not good thing I think to use with seven foot, most people want a more shorter bar.

This middle bars is good thing if you want to use it only for the smaller muscles like I said.

If you put the right size of the plates you can't to be really strong for to cover full sleeve with Olympic plates.
    If yes, maybe you using this 5" bar not for the correct exercises or with wrong plates size.

I'm confused. Did you start this thread to get a question asked or to give others' advice on selecting a bar size?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Listen, since this guy seems to have all of the questions, and Paul Wog seems to have all of the answers, maybe we can put them together and he won't keep asking ridiculous questions while ignoring all of our answers.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Your correct. I don't know $hit.

Good luck with your Olympic barbell limitations search in 2012.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I'm confused. Did you start this thread to get a question asked or to give others' advice on selecting a bar size?
    These are really nice guys that I thank them very much on the willingness to help and really helped me several times in other posts and I hope also here.

If you'll attention they give a different answer they answer is why I don't need to use with 5 foot bars.
    But my question was only about the medium sizes of bars.
    and start goes from understanding that is necessary to use with these medium bars.

I'll glad to hear why not use this bars but I not have yet received the right reason why not but I have the reason why yes.
    my answers here are because they said why I don't need to use with 5 foot bars.
    But it looks for the wrong reason and if so I'd love to hear more from that.

But from what I know for the small muscles exercises a big 7 foot bar does not always good fit and uncomfortable and therefore I'm not got an answer to my question still.

I know there are exercises that can be use for small muscles exercises with 7ft bar but there are some exercises that the preference is to use with shorter bars.

And from this point my question begins.

If someone gets hurt I'm sorry

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Your correct. I don't know $hit.

Good luck with your Olympic barbell limitations search in 2012.
    In the gym where I train sometimes they have also 5ft bar and in one sleeve you can load 5 or 4 of 45lb plate on each sleeve that means 45lbx10= 450lb total weight

you can to lift 450lb biceps or triceps?

if so you are mutation

clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also find 7' bar too long and take up too much space... 6' or 5' bar is much better indoor as it won't take up as much space.

The space is not the only reason for that shorter bar.
    Gyms has a lot of space and they use also with shorter bars because people prefer to use with shorter bar because it's more convenient for some specific exercises.

For example in preacher curl machine I don't saw people using with 7ft bar but in shorter bar it's more comfortable.

Sorry if I was not clear that English is not my language.
    I'll try to ask from the beginning it might be more understandable.

For some exercises I decided to buy a shorter bar.
    It comes in sizes from what I saw 5', 5.5', 6' .

from the shorter bars only what size it's recommend?
    and what are the considerations in selecting these sizes of shorter Olympic bars?

Tnx

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry if I was not clear that English is not my language.
    I'll try to ask from the beginning it might be more understandable.

For some exercises I decided to buy a shorter bar.
    It comes in sizes from what I saw 5', 5.5', 6' .

from the shorter bars only what size it's recommend?
    and what are the considerations in selecting these sizes of shorter Olympic bars?

Tnx

I think it was pretty clear English isn't your first language. It is hard to understand you, but I imagine you write my language better than I write yours.

Anyway, if you are looking for a shorter bar, I'd consider these thing:

-do you need to rack the bar? If so, you'll need a 6' bar to fit between the uprights that hold the bar. It'll have to be a bar with shorter sleeves, becuase in order do reduce space, the manufacturers had to cut there instead of in the gripping area. You'll also need this type of bar if space concerns are your only issue (a 7' bar is too long).

- If you don't need to rack it, you can get any size you want. I'd go with the size that suits your needs and usage. No one can answer that for you....for example, I curl just fine with a 7' barbell.

-If you need larger capacity, you'll need the 6' bar with longer sleeves. With this bar the length is reduced in the gripping area and the sleeves are the same size as the 7' barbell. You won't be able to rack it.

- do you need a quality bar? My shorter bar isn't a top of the line bar. It works fine because I'm not abusing it like a larger barbell. Some will or they just want something nicer...so they'll pay more.

Other than this, what are your specifioc questions?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have some questions

Does the Olympic bar have the larger sleeves for Olympic weights?

How much does a 7ft bar weigh?

Thanks Keetman and everyone that helped me