Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you to everyone for the advice and comments. Especially Bobby1964 (sorry, I gotta spread more reputation before I can rep you for this), who showed that HRT is not to be taken lightly. I am exploring other possibilities for my complaints to make sure that low T is my root cause, though it makes the most sense. I'll ask also for a free T test. And I may try a new MD as well. I would at least like to talk to an endocrinologist about it, rather than hearing 2nd hand that he/she doesn't recommend treatment. They may have good reasons for thinking I should live with the level I have, but they're not telling ME why.

For the short term, I will soldier on and try to keep busting my rear in the gym. There really isn't anything I can do about HRT while I am in Puerto Rico since I would need some monitoring. So nothing would happen until May at the earliest. Right now my concern is to find a place to lift - I go back to the athletic dept. tomorrow and see if I can get access to the weight room now that classes are about to start. I was thrilled to find out there was a good gym (Atlantic Gym) two blocks from my apartment, and crushed to go there and find it empty with a "for rent" sign in the window!

I think my gains are well below average for the amount of lifting and eating I've been doing, which is why I worry about over training. I have a hard time disciplining myself to finish in an hour because I really enjoy it and always want just a little more. There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what training regime is best for low T, but I thank everyone for his advice.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lishnik View Post
    OP question was:

"Anyone have any advice on how best to workout with low testosterone levels? Frequency, intensity, recovery? Anything special about diet?"

Based on the comments above there is nothing special nor are there any adjustments to training, frequency, intensity, et. which should be made other than to just bust ass in the gym as normal and not worry about the test numbers.

If the above is the case why is it recommended that naturals pursue different training programs than enhanced lifters? Are the relative test level differences between enhanced and naturals that significantly different than a high normal natural test level and a low test level? Say the first is 10 times higher and the second is 5 times higher. At what point do training differences and recovery kick in?

I would have thought that more recovery time would have been recommended with lower frequency/volume of training for a person with low natural test vs. a person with high natural test plus maybe more fats, more sleep etc. but I don't understand the importance of the relative magnitude of the differences in test levels and their impact on training and results.

Based on some of the guys on BB.com in the Over 35 section age, lower test levels may not impact results but these guys may be more the exception than the rule when applied to the broader general population. We definitely got some freaks (positive use of the word) in the Over 35's.
    Did you miss post #2 ?

fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Simple additions

[i would add compond lifts to workout. Add natural tboosters tongat ali, damania leave, vit D,
    would give some more thought to chNg ur routine like p90x for good results Pm me

QUOTE=DocHoss;809591211]I had my testosterone levels tested in March because of various complaints of memory, concentration, energy, etc. (I see the ads and say "sounds like me") and came in at 253. Accompanying letter said normal is >200, so put it aside. Since then I began lifting and virtually eliminated alcohol, both of which should help my T levels. Also found that my HMO's webpage explaining the test says normal for men is 270-1070, which puts me roughly 10% below the bottom of normal. When I complained again the endocrinologist said my levels may have been low due to time of day and had me repeat at 8 am - and I came in at a whopping 255. No wonder it's been such a struggle to put on muscle.

Bottom line is neither personal physician nor endocrinologist feels that level warrants considering any intervention, so replacement therapy is out of the question, at least for now. I realize that therapy has its own potential problems, but have to wonder how much below normal I need to get.

SO, in addition to my other complaints, I feel I've been working out with one hand tied behind my back - and will have to continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have any advice on how best to workout with low testosterone levels? Frequency, intensity, recovery? Anything special about diet?

thank you for any advice or input![/QUOTE]
    "Remember to breath, if you don't breath you die"

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    D Aspartic Acid is garbage and you're full of sh*t
    Opinions vary...little fella.

Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenaline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I forget what my test levels are - I had them tested last year, but they were a bit lower than normal. My doc gave me some gel to try and it helped but the gel is a bit annoying. It smells, although not too bad and it can be a bit sticky. You also have to be careful where you put it and if other people touch your skin. I have a new born so I couldn't get it on my hands, arms, etc... coz I hold her lots. Had to use gloves putting it on. lol

Hope this helped.
    admin - www.musclecreation.com

Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jephro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thread subbed for the good advice. My wife will tell you that I have the worst memory on the planet and within the last couple of years I have really noticed a steady drop in my energy levels. I would say that I'm relatively fit, working out consistently 4-5 times per week for years, which is why it concerns me that my energy levels are plummeting. I'm only 33, so I didn't really figure it would be my T levels that might be low... this thread makes me rethink this...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.MuscleClubApparel.com --- Fitness inspired clothing for men and women!

For awesome savings and up to date info: www.********.com/muscleclubapparel & www.twitter.com/muscleclubappar

Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ExCompetitor View Post
    Did you miss post #2 ?
    Actually I did. I think my page down jumped your post. Thanks for pointing that out.

I tried DAA and thought it was beneficial with increased weight, strength, and confidence recorded in my lifting diary during the thirty day period I ran it however I had also just transitioned into a calorie surplus which was also beneficial. I plan to try it again when I get the opportunity to pick up another bottle of DAA when I visit the States. DAA is not available locally where I live.

custometrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Find a doc that will work with you to get your t up. I had to do the same.. 2nd one I found saw my point of view. DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! It's your life, your health and your body. Find a doc that will look out for your best interest. You will find one bro. Keep your head up!

Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    I had my testosterone levels tested in March because of various complaints of memory, concentration, energy, etc. (I see the ads and say "sounds like me") and came in at 253. Accompanying letter said normal is >200, so put it aside. Since then I began lifting and virtually eliminated alcohol, both of which should help my T levels. Also found that my HMO's webpage explaining the test says normal for men is 270-1070, which puts me roughly 10% below the bottom of normal. When I complained again the endocrinologist said my levels may have been low due to time of day and had me repeat at 8 am - and I came in at a whopping 255. No wonder it's been such a struggle to put on muscle.

Bottom line is neither personal physician nor endocrinologist feels that level warrants considering any intervention, so replacement therapy is out of the question, at least for now. I realize that therapy has its own potential problems, but have to wonder how much below normal I need to get.

SO, in addition to my other complaints, I feel I've been working out with one hand tied behind my back - and will have to continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have any advice on how best to workout with low testosterone levels? Frequency, intensity, recovery? Anything special about diet?

thank you for any advice or input!

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I could be wrong, but I've always heard that the larger the muscle group worked, the more test. is produced. Maybe its time to do a little more praying at the altar of Squat.

graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Thank you to everyone for the advice and comments. Especially Bobby1964 (sorry, I gotta spread more reputation before I can rep you for this), who showed that HRT is not to be taken lightly. I am exploring other possibilities for my complaints to make sure that low T is my root cause, though it makes the most sense. I'll ask also for a free T test. And I may try a new MD as well. I would at least like to talk to an endocrinologist about it, rather than hearing 2nd hand that he/she doesn't recommend treatment. They may have good reasons for thinking I should live with the level I have, but they're not telling ME why.

For the short term, I will soldier on and try to keep busting my rear in the gym. There really isn't anything I can do about HRT while I am in Puerto Rico since I would need some monitoring. So nothing would happen until May at the earliest. Right now my concern is to find a place to lift - I go back to the athletic dept. tomorrow and see if I can get access to the weight room now that classes are about to start. I was thrilled to find out there was a good gym (Atlantic Gym) two blocks from my apartment, and crushed to go there and find it empty with a "for rent" sign in the window!

I think my gains are well below average for the amount of lifting and eating I've been doing, which is why I worry about over training. I have a hard time disciplining myself to finish in an hour because I really enjoy it and always want just a little more. There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what training regime is best for low T, but I thank everyone for his advice.
    As others have said, get another Dr to check you out. While HRT may be the answer, other things could be affecting your T levels, and its worth the effort to find out before committing to HRT. As for the sup claims, what a waste of time and money.

salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are so many natural testosterone boosters out there right now. I can tell you from experience many do work. I have used Longjax for over 6 months now and the difference in strength and sex drive is very noticable. Longjax / Euricoma Longifolia Jack / Tongkat Ali
    - Horny Goat Weed
    - Maca Root
    - Tribulus Terrestris
    damiana
    Ginseng

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    D Aspartic Acid is garbage and you're full of sh*t
    Disagree, emphatically. Do I need cite literature again. If so, look up the following, as I refuse to give another set of notes:

1. D’Aniello A. D-Aspartic acid: an endogenous amino acid with an important neuroendocrine role. Brain Res Rev. 2007 Feb;53(2):215-34.
    2. Pinilla L, Tena-Sempere M, Aguilar E. Role of excitatory amino acid pathways in control of gonadotrophin secretion in adult female rats sterilized by neonatal administration of oestradiol or testosterone. J Reprod Fertil. 1998 May;113(1):53-9.
    3. Topo E, Soricelli A, D’Aniello A, Ronsini S, D’Aniello G. The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009 Oct 27;7:120.
    4. D’Aniello A, Di Fiore MM, D’Aniello G, Colin FE, Lewis G, Setchell BP. Secretion of D-aspartic acid by the rat testis and its role in endocrinology of the testis and spermatogenesis. FEBS Lett. 1998 Sep 25;436(1):23-7.
    5.aD’Aniello A, Di Cosmo A, Di Cristo C, Annunziato L, Petrucelli L, Fisher G. Involvement of D-aspartic acid in the synthesis of testosterone in rat testes. Life Sci. 1996;59(2):97-104.
    6.sNagata Y, Homma H, Matsumoto M, Imai K. Stimulation of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) gene expression by D-aspartate in rat Leydig cells. FEBS Lett. 1999 Jul 9;454(3):317-20.
    7. Arakane F, King SR, Du Y, Kallen CB, Walsh LP, Watari H, Stocco DM, Strauss JF 3rd. Phosphorylation of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) modulates its steroidogenic activity. J Biol Chem. 1997 Dec 19;272(51):32656-62.

Have discussed DAA and AIs in my w/o journal and just a few moments ago posted some answers regarding AIs. At your age, and probably more so at mine, it's efficacy can certainly be questioned.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sounds like you need some "dieseltest" and sum squats

http://www.getdiesel.com/cgi-bin/ind...ml&id=hardcore

nothing comes close to Dieseltest..its an all natural test booster and the best on the market!! backed up lab results and users here on this site. Dieselnutrition Tribtest and coq diesel are very good all natural boosters as well.
    Last edited by stEam_B()at; 01-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.