Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Unhappy Advice for working out with low testosterone?

I had my testosterone levels tested in March because of various complaints of memory, concentration, energy, etc. (I see the ads and say "sounds like me") and came in at 253. Accompanying letter said normal is >200, so put it aside. Since then I began lifting and virtually eliminated alcohol, both of which should help my T levels. Also found that my HMO's webpage explaining the test says normal for men is 270-1070, which puts me roughly 10% below the bottom of normal. When I complained again the endocrinologist said my levels may have been low due to time of day and had me repeat at 8 am - and I came in at a whopping 255. No wonder it's been such a struggle to put on muscle.

Bottom line is neither personal physician nor endocrinologist feels that level warrants considering any intervention, so replacement therapy is out of the question, at least for now. I realize that therapy has its own potential problems, but have to wonder how much below normal I need to get.

SO, in addition to my other complaints, I feel I've been working out with one hand tied behind my back - and will have to continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have any advice on how best to workout with low testosterone levels? Frequency, intensity, recovery? Anything special about diet?

thank you for any advice or input!
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try supplementing with D Aspartic Acid to raise Test levels. Don't listen to the naysayers,a lot of men have had success using this supplement. As far as training,for max gains never train 2 days in a row, and only go to failure once out of every 3 workouts.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Anyone have any advice on how best to workout with low testosterone levels? Frequency, intensity, recovery? Anything special about diet?

Yeah... just ignore it... quit thinking about it... stop obsessing about it... and just bust your ass in the gym. Otherwise, find a doctor who wants to help.
    David

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ExCompetitor View Post
    Try supplementing with D Aspartic Acid to raise Test levels. Don't listen to the naysayers,a lot of men have had success using this supplement. As far as training,for max gains never train 2 days in a row, and only go to failure once out of every 3 workouts.
    This post brings the lulz on more than one count.
    David

Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ftonefitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I had my testosterone levels tested in March because of various complaints of memory, concentration, energy, etc. (I see the ads and say "sounds like me") and came in at 253. Accompanying letter said normal is >200, so put it aside. Since then I began lifting and virtually eliminated alcohol, both of which should help my T levels. Also found that my HMO's webpage explaining the test says normal for men is 270-1070, which puts me roughly 10% below the bottom of normal. When I complained again the endocrinologist said my levels may have been low due to time of day and had me repeat at 8 am - and I came in at a whopping 255. No wonder it's been such a struggle to put on muscle.

Bottom line is neither personal physician nor endocrinologist feels that level warrants considering any intervention, so replacement therapy is out of the question, at least for now. I realize that therapy has its own potential problems, but have to wonder how much below normal I need to get.

SO, in addition to my other complaints, I feel I've been working out with one hand tied behind my back - and will have to continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

You could always jump on the juice... but I'd just have at'r for a while... how long have you been training, and how have your gains been thus far?

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    This post brings the lulz on more than one count.
    Just like most of your 16,000 posts in less than 3 years.....get a life.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah... just ignore it... quit thinking about it... stop obsessing about it... and just bust your ass in the gym. Otherwise, find a doctor who wants to help.
    Quality Post!
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Just like most of your 16,000 posts in less than 3 years.....get a life.
    Are you stalking my posts? I'll get a life... you get an avi big guy.
    David

Are you stalking my posts? I'll get a life... you get an avi big guy.
    I've seen your pics, and believe me you should be taking any advice from me you can,instead of calling my posts Lulz.

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've seen your pics, and believe me you should be taking any advice from me you can,instead of calling my posts Lulz.
    At least he post pics, I doubt you even work out, your advice was utter bullsh$t.
    Get your ass in the gym period!

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)

uhhh..... what do you need a Dr. for? I'm not sayin, Im just sayin
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

I've seen your pics
    Are you a homo?
    David

flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like your insurance will cover it at that level. Find another Dr.
    Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141126481

rcpreller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flat6nut View Post
    Sounds like your insurance will cover it at that level. Find another Dr.
    This x2. Docs are supposed to help you with issues like this. Find a doc that will.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sub'd. I'm interested to see if there is any good input regarding training and diet variations should you choose to not start treatment.

Are you a homo?
    No but i bet you are.Why else would you want to see my AVI pic?

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with the above. Frankly you can still make progress. I recently had mine tested and although my range came back in the "normal" and "average" range, my free test....the one that really matters, was below the low end of the scale. I would have thought this would have been detrimental to training as it is free test that really matters....but I have made surprisingly good results for being back in the gym less then a year, despite being clinically low.

But as 2nd chance said.......possibly find another doc willing to help. Otherwise train hard and eat right....gains can still be had.....Hell I would have thought I had good levels considering the rate at which I progress. I even have people who have accused me of using 'cell-tech'...finding my results, I could not help but laugh at the irony.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ^^^^This.

There's only 2 choices; deal with it as-is, or get a 2nd opinion.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with others have said, find another Dr. And if this Doc gives you the option of cream/gel or injections, take the injections. Make sure you insist on at least weekly injections.

Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I came in at 170 to 185 multiple times and finally was put on Testim... along with my other sups I skyrocketed to over 1000 then my doc backed it down to every other day. Just like any HRT you've got to be careful, mine unfortunately crashed abruptly causing other issues such as blood pressure and palpitations. It has been months of hell... 2 cardiologists, an endo doc and my primary along with a nutritionist to help me manage what was extremely high blood pressure. Long story short, I was referred to a sleep study for apnea... tested positive. My Testim side effect caused apnea to be far, far more profound than it was before... so much so I ended up with a machine for apnea.

I'm on HRT still but taking Androgel which has helped and my readings the past two times are better and better. I was ordered to not lift until my blood pressure was low enough and have just begun what seems like an uphill battle to get back. I stopped lifting in Sept when this all came crashing down.

The point of all this is to tell you that many doctors are hesitant because the side effects can outweigh the benefit... unfortunately for me, I saw first hand what it was like. Before the day I had the palpitations I was proud of my accomplishments, gained 20 pounds on dumbell press, up from 100 to 120's, etc.. the day I had palpitations I was doing leg press and my heart raced and wouldn't slow back down after the set. I can honestly say though I felt like I was 20 again... all summer I couldn't get enough... chasing the wife around the house. By September afterward, the decline from a normal guy to extremely high drive to nothing was shockingly scary.

I say from experience that the creams are great but just please watch your side effects close and make sure that you don't patch one thing and open up a whole new can of $hit.

On that note, I'm heading to the gym to do my cardio prior to workout, then lift, then take a walk to ensure I keep my pressure in check!

PM me if you have any questions, trust me, after all these doctor visits I've learned the meaning of enjoying good health and appreciating NOT having to go to the doctor.
    Every man is the builder of a Temple called his body, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. ~Henry David Thoreau

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good points!

All's fair....a pic would give you some cred...just sayin'.

To OP re the "low" T levels.

Last year where I made good gains and competed at high levels and came up against pretty stiff competitors, I too was feeling knackered, tired, depleted, worn-out, confused, weak and with no energy (OH Wait...I was on <1000 cals a day and doing 2 hrs cardio as well as working full time & training...) but I had my T levels tested and over here the range quoted as normal is "11-40" (obviously a different calibration) and my score...2x....was 9, then 8. Friggin low! MD said I could go on TRT if wanted but seeing my natural competitor status would be blown, I said no.

My point is that could have f@#ed with my head to the point where I may have even given it all away.

But I didnt and did much as 2nd C suggested...compartmentalized the stuff...locked it away...and surrounded myself with things that constantly reminded me that I woundnt make or take ANY excuses and that nothing ...NOTHING... would prevent me from attaining my goals. Someone once told me that when you get up on stage (or wherever or whatever you're striving for) you dont get to get up there holding a placard listing all the excuses/reasons/cop-outs/complaints as to why you aint at your best! The judges...simply dont care. Not interested. They simply look at the next guy.

Anyway, it all worked out for me. There's a lesson there, I think.....

BTW...since the comp season has finished, I've had my T levels tested again...2x....and both were at 24 (11-40 being the range)

So all's good!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post

...normal is "11-40"..... and my score....was 9, then 8. Friggin low!.....

But i didnt and did much as 2nd C suggested...compartmentalized the stuff...locked it away...and surrounded myself with things that constantly reminded me that I woundnt make or take any excuses and that nothing ....

It worked out.

GREAT POST^^^. I too thought Test was the end all be all of whether I would make progress or not.

Yet despite having my free test (the important one) below the bottom of the chart, I made what I consider awesome progress being back in the gym only 10 months. Funny thing, is I have had people on this forum accuse me of being 'on' during this time!

So dont sweat it.... Do the best you can to work towards your goal.....but if other areas of your life are suffering, fatigue, low drive,...etc, by all means seek treatment. I would never fault anyone for wanting to feel better.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like the cut of your jib!! (no homo)
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was told I am at the "low end of normal" for my t levels.
    I don't seem to have a problem gaining muscle. I can't for the life of me, get rid of the belly fat. I don't know if anyone here has that problem, but that is what I am going through.
    Tough Times Don't Last-Tough People Do.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gray73 View Post
    I can't for the life of me, get rid of the belly fat.
    Have you found your maintenance calorie level, and then make certain to eat at a small, consistent deficit?

Are you eating the correct balance of protein, fat, and carbs?

Do you have a food scale, and are you using it to weigh all your food portions?
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 01-12-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    have you tried any of the current gen natty test boosters? how about considering an A.I. ? there are many avenues to raise your test naturally albeit transiently.. look im just saying try out some of the better natty products out there first and over a shorter period of time you should be able to lose fat easier and gain muscle a little faster.. ALL of wich will change your hormonal profile!! nutrition and overall fitness tend to recallibrate ones system... including better insulin management as well as adrogen output.

there are many stellar options avaible:
    Bioforge v1-v3
    Activate Extreme/ triazole
    supremecy
    Formadrol extreme
    Viradex XT
    FormX (includes full 3 gr DAA )
    6oxo
    and many many more~

GL i think you will find these products very usefull, affordable and pretty effective especially combined with sound diet and training.

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You mention some good reasons here for exploring the benefits of HRT (memory, concentration, energy). Getting on HRT for better gains in the gym are the wrong reasons though. It is a benefit but it should not be the determining factor. For me it was the same reasons (memory, concentration, energy) as well as for a very low libido which was causing problems in my head (no pun intended) and in my marriage. I have been on for 10 years and it took maybe as long a two years to figure out exactly what works for me. Point being, HRT is a long term commitment to help with the aging process and it's adverse effects. And before anyone looks at my age and comments .... my T levels dropped off after I had my vasectomy. Could have been coincindence .... Best of luck OP .....

Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP question was:

"Anyone have any advice on how best to workout with low testosterone levels? Frequency, intensity, recovery? Anything special about diet?"

Based on the comments above there is nothing special nor are there any adjustments to training, frequency, intensity, et. which should be made other than to just bust ass in the gym as normal and not worry about the test numbers.

If the above is the case why is it recommended that naturals pursue different training programs than enhanced lifters? Are the relative test level differences between enhanced and naturals that significantly different than a high normal natural test level and a low test level? Say the first is 10 times higher and the second is 5 times higher. At what point do training differences and recovery kick in?

I would have thought that more recovery time would have been recommended with lower frequency/volume of training for a person with low natural test vs. a person with high natural test plus maybe more fats, more sleep etc. but I don't understand the importance of the relative magnitude of the differences in test levels and their impact on training and results.

Based on some of the guys on BB.com in the Over 35 section age, lower test levels may not impact results but these guys may be more the exception than the rule when applied to the broader general population. We definitely got some freaks (positive use of the word) in the Over 35's.

gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Have you found your maintenance calorie level, and then make certain to eat at a small, consistent deficit?

Are you eating the correct balance of protein, fat, and carbs?

Do you have a food scale, and are you using it to weigh all your food portions?
    I thought I had everything right, but after reading ID's thread about how he is dealing with low t, I realize I don't know as much as I think I do. I do not have a scale and I log my intake when I feel like it.
    In other words, I have been lazy and need to do better.
    Tough Times Don't Last-Tough People Do.

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everyone will have different opinions on what's best for working out with low t. My opinion is a fbw workout 2 or 3 times per. week focusing on compound movements. The workout should last under an hour.