Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    **S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Nice bench day. I think the wide press's is my favorite hs.

How you like the db skulls? They easier to control than a ez bar
    Thanks Raigs.

The DB skulls take a bit more focus. With no central attachment between the two hands, your hands and elbows can go all over the place. You really have to be mindful of working the muscle, and not the weight, but the payoff is that you can really get into the tris for a good burn.

I like the EZ Bar skulls as well, but try to mix it up. i love doing incline OH EZ-Bar skulls to hit the long head. If you have not tried those, give them a shot. It doesn't take much weight to fry the tris up.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Meatpants View Post
    Thanks Raigs.

The DB skulls take a bit more focus. With no central attachment between the two hands, your hands and elbows can go all over the place. You really have to be mindful of working the muscle, and not the weight, but the payoff is that you can really get into the tris for a good burn.

I like the EZ Bar skulls as well, but try to mix it up. i love doing incline OH EZ-Bar skulls to hit the long head. If you have not tried those, give them a shot. It doesn't take much weight to fry the tris up.
    so very true, great reply MPants

Do you ever throw in floor tri-extensions with the ez bar? Talk about some pain. It's oh sooo good, the first time I did them with weight ranging from 70lb bar - 100 lb bar...I felt the DOMs for 5 days. me likey!

Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    so very true, great reply MPants

Do you ever throw in floor tri-extensions with the ez bar? Talk about some pain. It's oh sooo good, the first time I did them with weight ranging from 70lb bar - 100 lb bar...I felt the DOMs for 5 days. me likey!
    Thanks Matz. Not sure what you mean by "florro Tri-extensions". I assume you're talking about extensions while lying on the ground? Interesting. Never considred this.

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks Matz. Not sure what you mean by "florro Tri-extensions". I assume you're talking about extensions while lying on the ground? Interesting. Never considred this.
    Yup,.exactly or proper name 'lying tricep extensions'

I got it from this vid with Jason Wojo...dude is a beast.

I feel this more than any other direct tri exercise.

It's kinda like a DL for triceps, it's a killa.

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Raigs.

Yes I like any kind of skulls I have done them all except the one Matz brought up. My Triceps are my second Favorite body part

Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    Yup,.exactly or proper name 'lying tricep extensions'

I got it from this vid with Jason Wojo...dude is a beast.

I feel this more than any other direct tri exercise.

It's kinda like a DL for triceps, it's a killa.
    Thanks for bringing these up Matz going to try and remember these tonight. will report back
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Killer work there today Tony.

I like skullcrushers as well. Haven't done any with DBs though, usually either BB, curl bar or EZ bar. I will keep this on mind.

Now what I have done that will blow up the tris are declined french curls. If someone thinks they can do poundage doing skulls, bet ya can't do the same weight with the decline french. My tris hurt for almost a week last time I did these.
    I'm back.......kinda.....sort of....

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KissIcon View Post
    Killer work there today Tony.

I like skullcrushers as well. Haven't done any with DBs though, usually either BB, curl bar or EZ bar. I will keep this on mind.

Now what I have done that will blow up the tris are declined french curls. If someone thinks they can do poundage doing skulls, bet ya can't do the same weight with the decline french. My tris hurt for almost a week last time I did these.
    Tried to youtube these didnt see much. Is this when you bend your elbows and go lower than your head. Where as skullcrushers are when you go to your forehead.

Mind explaining a little more?
    My “training log”

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tried to youtube these didnt see much. Is this when you bend your elbows and go lower than your head. Where as skullcrushers are when you go to your forehead.

Mind explaining a little more?
    Just about correct. You would bring your arms a little further back than the SK's, almost holding the bar to where it is in a directly line at your forehead and bending elbows so bar does go aver the top/behind head, on a declined bench.
    (if I was a little more computer literate and could splice part of a vid and post, Charles Glass is showing how they are done. There was an older series of 6 vids on bb.com called "Getting cut with Glass". About 3 or 4 years old but this series had some great info in it, especially for us older fellas ) If I find the vid again, I'll just post the whole thing.

here is a link to the vid here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut5.htm

You have to go through a couple minutes of other schtuff. I think it is the second exercise they do. Explains a small bit of how it hits better than the skulls.

Thanks for bringing these up Matz going to try and remember these tonight. will report back
    You're welcome, just remember form is key - start lighter than what you would use when doing on a flat bench. These will burn your tri's like nothing you've felt before. I'm talking fire.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here is a link to the vid here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut5.htm

You have to go through a couple minutes of other schtuff. I think it is the second exercise they do. Explains a small bit of how it hits better than the skulls.
    These work!!! Now I remember where I found out about them.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Thanks kiss that's awesome Ill be doing them in awhile to switch with skulls
    My “training log”

Monday - (not much) Legs

meehhh, just wasn't feeling it. Energy was low. Stayed feeling like I was hungry most of the day. Can't figure that one. Gym was packed. Just one of those kinda days I felt like sticking my azz out the window and chitn' on the world. But it was too cold for the full moon so I kept myself in check. I was out of screwitall so I just had to make due. (especiallt since I am still sipp-less )

Anyways; not much to report. Legs have been toasted for more than a week now. They just don't seem to want to recover fully. So I bitched at them a little this evening.

10 minute warm up on ArcTrainer elliptical. Hill interval setting, max settings. this, IMO is better than that blasted stairmaster thingy. burns them quads,hams and glutes to get warm and easier on the knees

BB Squats - be;ow parallel 95x10x2, 135x7x2, 185x3x3 to parallel225x2, below 135x5 couldn't get much heavier. bar was too much pressure on trouble area and bar pad wasn't worth chit

Lying leg curls - each set consited of a single leg drop, except last where I did a double drop of both then single 40x10+2, 65x10/35x3, 80x8/25x6, 100x5/50x7(together)/20x6 each

Seated leg extensions - 90x10, 110x9, 130x8, 150x7, 50x7/30x8 each

FreeMotion cable, seated straight leg calf press - 120x22, 180x16, 220x15, 120x15 each

That was it. Legs usually takes me a bit longer and being on a set time when I have to leave the gym (Ihave a 35+ minute drive home) ran out of time to get a few more minutes of cardio in.

Tomorrow will be a rest/off day. Have to leave work early anyway on account I have some schtuff to take care of on the personal end.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    These work!!! Now I remember where I found out about them.
    Yeah storm. I found that series, although a bit old, to be great. I have used quite a bit of his techniques as he explains how it saves your joints and tendons....especially, like I, ain't no spring chicken anymore

Thanks kiss that's awesome Ill be doing them in awhile to switch with skulls
    No prob. Raigs. Let me know when you do. I'd like to know if you had to drop the poundage and how the tris feel....a couple days later

No prob. Raigs. Let me know when you do. I'd like to know if you had to drop the poundage and how the tris feel....a couple days later
    Just did them today started at 50 to light went to 70 felt good. I just couldnt get in the right spot holding up with one leg. will try again when I can use 2 legs
    My “training log”

Good job sticking to th plan, and getting in and getting some work done, John. How is your rest quality?

01/17/2011

Quad/Calf

****Quad****

single Leg - Leg Press(Per Leg)
    90 x 10
    180 x 10
    270 x 12
    270 x 12
    270 x 12
    270 x 10

BB Squat - Back
    225 x 8
    225 x 8
    225 x 7
    185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 8

BB front - Front
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    135 x 8

Leg Extension
    138 x 12
    138 x 12
    149 x 10
    149 x 9
    149 x 8

****Calf****

Standing Bb Calf Raise
    135 x 12
    225 x 15
    225 x 15
    225 x 15
    185 x 15
    185 x 12
    185 x 10

Still no Beta-Crete.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got mine yesterday, so hopefully you'll get yours soon!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    Woohoo! Maybe today.

Have not had too much time to check in on many journals the last few days. I will try and vist today if I get a few minutes.

How is your back?

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah storm. I found that series, although a bit old, to be great. I have used quite a bit of his techniques as he explains how it saves your joints and tendons....especially, like I, ain't no spring chicken anymore

I wish I used his stuff about 5 yrs ago.

Nice leg work guys. Mine are killing me today, but I have some upper body stuff this afternoon.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Nice leg work guys. Mine are killing me today, but I have some upper body stuff this afternoon.
    Can you do my cardio for me tonight?

Not looking forward to that.

Can you do my cardio for me tonight?

Not looking forward to that.
    LOL, I just skipped mine this morning.
    My current log

Awesome work on all the squatting. You guys have to catch up. I havnt done cardio in 6-7 weeks :P
    My “training log”

LOL, I just skipped mine this morning.
    I did as well. Going back tonight.

Awesome work on all the squatting. You guys have to catch up. I havnt done cardio in 6-7 weeks :P
    Thanks. I am coming off a 16 month bulk. Cardio was MIA for the duration. It doesn't bother me to do it, except that it just bores the hell out of me. I just get it done.

Thanks. I am coming off a 16 month bulk. Cardio was MIA for the duration. It doesn't bother me to do it, except that it just bores the hell out of me. I just get it done.
    It does get boring need something to entertain like a cute girl
    My “training log”

mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvd546 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    01/17/2011

Quad/Calf

****Quad****

single Leg - Leg Press(Per Leg)
    90 x 10
    180 x 10
    270 x 12
    270 x 12
    270 x 12
    270 x 10

BB Squat - Back
    225 x 8
    225 x 8
    225 x 7
    185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 8

BB front - Front
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    135 x 8

Leg Extension
    138 x 12
    138 x 12
    149 x 10
    149 x 9
    149 x 8

****Calf****

Standing Bb Calf Raise
    135 x 12
    225 x 15
    225 x 15
    225 x 15
    185 x 15
    185 x 12
    185 x 10

Still no Beta-Crete.
    Nice work today. I live in Ohio and got my Beta-Cret yesterday, so yours should probably be coming very soon.
    RELENTLESS

"In life it's not the most genetic person who wins or the guy who has the most potential to win. It's the person with perseverance who wins. Always wants to get up and go at it again. That's the guy you need to be"-Greg Plitt

Champion Performance Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171322221&page=19(current)

Workout Journal-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143358323(Active)

Good job sticking to th plan, and getting in and getting some work done, John. How is your rest quality?
    Thanks T. Just trying to get work done.
    Rest quality you ask? pphhfftt. suxs. About all I get are short naps and still play hell geting going in the mornings. Tried lots of stuff. Work ok for a night or two. Don't know if it's just something about me or if I am just that high-strung. It sucks.
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    yahhhh....lucky you still nada here.
    I hope mine will be worth the wait.

I know. Wish I knew about it sooner than I did. I still look back at it from time to time and try to mirror those training sessions best I can with hat we have at the gym. The whole series is great.
    Legs are still trashed. People think I am feeling myself up with all the times I have had to rub the cramps out of my hams and glutes

Red face Tuesday 17th. - OFF

Weellll, I'm not all that centered anyway but, today was rest day, at least for the pudgy body anyways. Kind of fell in line though as the meeting I had to go to with what is going on with dad's stuff right now went alot longer than anticipated.

Sore as phuck anyway. So I need the break. May even take another one tomorrow
    NOT

Unless something comes up, back will be in for a beatdown. If it is not too crowded (phhffftt, yeah, right) I would like to start off with deads. Plan on using my hooks to see where I can get to. If low back doesn't get destroyed, T-Bar rows (old school of course) then afterwards, who knows. At least that is what I plan on. Always subject to change.

Still no package. Kind of hard to log when got no product. I hope it is going to be worth the wait. And with as sore as I am, hoping there be some of that Gluta-Tren in there

LOL, my legs are still sore from 3 days ago and my wife commented about me enjoying "rubbing" myself too much. You got to do what you got to do.

I hope you all receive the supps soon.
    My current log

01/18/2011

Back/Bi's

****Back****

Rack Pulls
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10

T Bar Row W/V-Grip
    205 x 12
    205 x 12
    205 x 10

Seated Low Row
    180 x 12
    180 x 10
    180 x 10

Med. Grip Lat Pull Down
    125 x 12
    125 x 12
    125 x 10

****Bi's****

EZ Bar rev Grip Curl
    80 x 9
    80 x 7
    80 x 6
    65 x 10
    65 x 9
    65 x 8

Seated Curl Machine
    80 x 12
    80 x 12
    80 x 10
    80 x 9

****Cardio****
    20 Min. MISS