Closed Thread
    strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100)

Sucralose really that bad for you?

I know that ON Gold Standard Whey Protein contains sucralose but is it really bad for you? I've watched some youtube videos on this topic and read a few articles. Basically sucralose is sugar with chlorine atoms attached to it, and since chlorine is a carcinogen, then sucralose could potentially cause cancer.

I don't want to take stevia because I've read that it's probably even worse than sucralose.

Do you think ON Gold Standard Whey Protein is safe? Does anyone know how much sucralose it generally contains? Thanks.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its fine. Stevia is fine too.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by strongshadow View Post
    I know that ON Gold Standard Whey Protein contains sucralose but is it really bad for you? I've watched some youtube videos on this topic and read a few articles. Basically sucralose is sugar with chlorine atoms attached to it, and since chlorine is a carcinogen, then sucralose could potentially cause cancer.

I don't want to take stevia because I've read that it's probably even worse than sucralose.

Do you think ON Gold Standard Whey Protein is safe? Does anyone know how much sucralose it generally contains? Thanks.
    Table salt is sodium with chlorine atoms attached to it. Just sayin.
    "Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~dsade

ThermoGum...Just Chew It!

---ACCELERATED gains * increased MASS = unstoppable FORCE--- Know your physics for maximum performance.
    "Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

"The only question is...which is to be Master? That is all." - Lewis Carroll

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand

Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You'll be okay.

Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Lol this too

NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sucralose - is it really bad for you? I've watched some youtube videos on this topic and read a few articles...
    sucralose could potentially cause cancer.
    This is why YouTube is not meant for educational purposes.

And whatever books you are reading too, they need to be thrown away.

Wow man. You are the epitome of misinformation.

coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't over do it with artificial sweeteners, I found when I had too much aspartame I would get some nasty headaches. But just like anything else moderation is key.
    PL: 400/280/475

NpNg. Let's train diguincoutoreis's Avatar
    diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) diguincoutoreis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

If you are looking over anything that MAY be carcinogen

1st - Stay away from cellphones, wi-fi places, places that have radio or tv waves...

2nd - Watch out for the fish you eat, the beef you eat...you don't know what they eat to grow, if the water was pure or the grass...

And many other things...

OmG

Get out of the planet
    ~ GrowUpOrDieTryin'
    "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
    This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance." 1 Timothy 4:8-10
    "Or don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    unless your speaking of sucralose in your sugar free life savers. (lol) make sure you read the laxative warning on back before eating a whole bag.
    Current Stack

Dymatize Cappuccino Rush
    AEN Presurge
    Bulk Mono
    CL Oximega Fish Oil
    CL Orange Triad + Greens Powder
    AEN Liv

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basically sucralose is sugar with chlorine atoms attached to it, and since chlorine is a carcinogen, then sucralose could potentially cause cancer.
    Dechlorination/hydrolysis of the chlorine ions in is not a factor with sucrolose metabolism. So much for that theory.
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100) strongshadow is not very well liked. (-100)
    I've heard that the chlorine in sucralose is not like the chlorine in salt. For example, the chlorine in sucralose actually stays in your body and thus harms your body. I want to know if there are any studies which found that sucralose causes cancer in rats, humans or any other living thing.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In for massive dose studies
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickTurbine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I want to know if there are any studies which found that sucralose causes cancer in rats, humans or any other living thing.
    bb.com would probably not be the preferred source of acquiring such knowledge.
    Much like YouTube is not the platform you want to use to educate yourself upon.

You can look this up, studiously.
    But, logical assumption would be if it was proven to cause cancer, then FDA would not allow it to be used in foods, no?

king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) king8654 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    In for massive dose studies
    volunteering? havta send me lots of CL goodies for a massive dose sucralose log
    Current Stack

Dymatize Cappuccino Rush
    AEN Presurge
    Bulk Mono
    CL Oximega Fish Oil
    AEN Liv

Originally Posted by king8654 View Post
    volunteering? havta send me lots of CL goodies for a massive dose sucralose log
    Fine tough guy, Im sending you 100 tubs of product. We'll see how tough you are after that.
    Controlled Labs Warder

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If its a concern just use NOW brand whey, I believe its sweetened with a small amount of sugar and stevia, last time I used it, it wasnt bad at all.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've heard that the chlorine in sucralose is not like the chlorine in salt. For example, the chlorine in sucralose actually stays in your body and thus harms your body. I want to know if there are any studies which found that sucralose causes cancer in rats, humans or any other living thing.
    You keep using variations of this. Please stop.

"I've heard if you drink coke and eat pop rocks, you totally explode."
    "Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~dsade

ThermoGum...Just Chew It!

---ACCELERATED gains * increased MASS = unstoppable FORCE--- Know your physics for maximum performance.
    "Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

"The only question is...which is to be Master? That is all." - Lewis Carroll

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Fine tough guy, Im sending you 100 tubs of product. We'll see how tough you are after that.
    mmh, just lemme book off for a week from work and buy up a couple more books for my kindle, charge my tablet and phone. should be able to log after a long week in the outhouse

You keep using variations of this. Please stop.

"I've heard if you drink coke and eat pop rocks, you totally explode."
    luckily our mythbusters boys disproved this
    Current Stack

Dymatize Cappuccino Rush
    AEN Presurge
    Bulk Mono
    CL Oximega Fish Oil
    AEN Liv

JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I would not worry about artificial sweeteners as being "bad for you". It's almost unavoidable to find foods these days that don't have synthetic chemicals as alternatives to sugar (stevia is your best bet if you want an all natural sweetener). On top of that, the amount that you consume compared to all the other things you eat in your diet is probably close to nothing. Your body can process all that out if you already eat healthy. This goes with many things... all the little "bad" things about something you hear on the internet.. just get over it, it's funded biased research meant to scare you. If your consuming any junk at all, it's ****ty biased theories that are all over the internet. Fed into your eyeballs, and into your worried little mind that exists on this planet with billions of other ignorant people on it (no offense). Eat whatever the **** you want to eat and don't worry. If anything like that doesn't make you feel right, your body will tell you it isn't good. Most peoples' issue is that they can't tell what makes them feel like crap and what doesn't because the media tells them it's healthy (or not healthy) and that kind of thinking is hardwired into their minds.

Just don't eat sugar first thing in the morning, workout, get protein and carbs, get good sleep, and call it another day in your life.

Good luck with your goals.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lmao!
    ….

taneagrafika is on a distinguished road. (+10)

bleeuurgh

No, table salt is an ionic compound of sodium ions and chlorine ions. It's highly stable and therefore very difficult to break down chemically. In sucralose the chlorine atoms are covalently bonded to what are essentially benzene rings. I honestly don't know for sure what the upshot is chemically, but given that large molecules are generally less stable, I would imagine that sucralose is many times less stable than salt.(It has a molar mass 7-8 times greater than sodium chloride.)

The health concern is not necessarily about chlorine. Sucralose has been said (by some) to harm gut bacteria, damage kidneys and promote weight gain. However, given that it's up to 1000 times as sweet as sucrose (table sugar), I'm guessing that the amount present in protein powders is very, very low.

The conclusion is, if you ever have a beer or eat bacon, you're already taking in carcinogens. Whatever you eat, don't eat too much of it, and you'll be fine. Get as much nutrition as you can from unprocessed whole foods that you cook yourself.

Oh, but don't eat rice. It's full of arsenic. That $h1t will kill you.