Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Phenotype is pretty wacky idea in my opinion. I've got the bone structure and shape of an ecto, metabolism of an endo. Also, if bodybuilders see me they think I'm an ecto, if non weight lifters see me they think I'm a meso. Likewise when berto was 250 people thought he was an endo, but he's got a massively fast metabolism and low set point.

We've been mingling genes for way too long to not be mixes of phenotypes. You have a setpoint, you have metabolic tendencies, you have behavioral tendencies, and they mix together, I don't think bone structure, insulin sensitivity, set point and metabolic rate correlate very well together.

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man, you look shredded as phuck and you still isn't done yet. Keep up the good work... How are you approaching your macros and refeeds for this contest prep? How much are you increasing your carbs every refeed and how much you're lowering your fat and protein?

thanks in advanced
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

You want it go get it anti-steroids's Avatar
    anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    so after this last chest&back session I posted had some really awesome workouts(145x7 standing out on arm day)HITT cardio the next day
    fastfoward to this week workouts were as follows

session-Upper power
    load-95%
    rps-2-6

bench press
    235x5
    235x4
    235x5
    235x3

bb rows
    275x5
    275x5
    275x5
    275x5
    reason:these were hard as ****!

tricep pressdowns
    4x6,2,2,2

chins
    bwx5
    bwx4
    bwx4
    reason:first in awhile

cable curls
    95x5,5,5

cardio-200kcalx15min

now on to today LEG DAY!!!..knee been annoying me a little(a bit of mobility stuff goes a long way huh?)cause it seems way more sexy and much less junky! anyway legday

session-lower power
    load-90%
    reps-3-6

squats
    365x3
    405x3
    405x3

deadlifts
    405x4
    425x4
    425x3
    455x2

pullthroughs
    80x5,5,5,5

**refeed tomorrow
    **I HATE TO SAY IT BUT BY THE END OF THE WEEK I WILL HAVE TO GIVE MY FINAL REVIEW OF CORE ABC(COMING TO THE END OF THE TUB)
    **HITT cardio tomorrow
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/ANTISTEROIDSX2
    exist to inspire!
    greatness is upon you ACT LIKE IT!

anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Problem View Post
    Man, you look shredded as phuck and you still isn't done yet. Keep up the good work... How are you approaching your macros and refeeds for this contest prep? How much are you increasing your carbs every refeed and how much you're lowering your fat and protein?

thanks in advanced
    thanks bro!alas I am not shredded yet(pic is 2yrs old) attempting to whoop him though as for my macros

low days-220/300/45
    high days-190/515/40

now I have increasedand decreased the carbs at times since active dieting began.However as of late it seems the higher
    I keep them the better.funny thing is the exact numbers or lowest ones were 235/195/40 2yrs ago.protein is steady
    I will increase if needed CHO&FAT are really what I adjust more
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

exist to inspire!

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    Phenotype is pretty wacky idea in my opinion. I've got the bone structure and shape of an ecto, metabolism of an endo. Also, if bodybuilders see me they think I'm an ecto, if non weight lifters see me they think I'm a meso. Likewise when berto was 250 people thought he was an endo, but he's got a massively fast metabolism and low set point.

We've been mingling genes for way too long to not be mixes of phenotypes. You have a setpoint, you have metabolic tendencies, you have behavioral tendencies, and they mix together, I don't think bone structure, insulin sensitivity, set point and metabolic rate correlate very well together.
    agree 100% although I always thought I was endo too when I was 250plus)This is what Dr joe was speaking of with the whole continuum thing(is he always right?)
    Last edited by anti-steroids; 05-09-2012 at 12:43 AM.

exist to inspire!

new low of 228.5 this morning..yeah buddy!..hammies are a bit sore though..still going to murder some sprints today

here is weight from this past week

sat:229.4
    sun:229.0
    mon:233.5(post high day)
    tues:230.4
    wed:228.5

lets hope this continues going down.although I will cut back on any extra I have to prevent any excess gain post high day from here on out.although this is the quickest I have dropped weight post high day ever

exist to inspire!

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by anti-steroids View Post
    agree 100% although I always thought I was endo too when I was 250plus)This is what Dr joe was speaking of with the whole continuum thing(is he always right?)
    yup a good way to think of most body systems is that they are continuums not on and off switches. Bioenergetics, genetics, hormonal response to food and exercise, acute variables for strength to hypertrophy to muscular endurance, the whole 9

and yeah...he's pretty much always right

exist to inspire!

real quick ..it seems post refeed (given I hit my numbers on the head)that I have been going up only 1lb-1.5lbis post refeeds clothes are def fitting better

here is the weight as I REMEMBER IT

230.1(wtf?)
    227.6(new low)
    228.4(today)

thinking of dropping fat a touch and keeping carbs at 300.I tend to do best on lower fat diets..and higher carbs..chest and back in a bit(crush it)

exist to inspire!

exist to inspire!

june and I have come to realize I got wayyyy to fat this past "offseason" hence the reason why certain things took place the way they have..
    anyways still grinding though.thinking about whatever it takes me to.in order to get the job done.SACRIFICE WHO YOU ARE FOR WHO YOU WILL BECOME is a favorite "battle cry" if you will.it seems to me that Im at the point of (consistency) that that fire is burning...its almost
    as though I cant wait till the next day to see what changes effort brings.(so not obsessed though).

on the training front here are a few highlights

bb bench press-275x1,235x6(lifetime pr!)
    ohp-155x7
    deadlifts-405x14
    squat-425x2 pretty good considering the changes

thinking of readjusting things due to weight loss leverages have changed and 465 just dont feel so comfortable any longer.want to see if I can break 465 again sub 220.
    as for weight..224.6 so far thats like almost 30 lbs of extra people gone

arms and cardio in a bit

http://anti-steroidsdeadlifts.tumblr.com/

exist to inspire!

so here is another update things are moving along rather well.hit a new low of 223.2 yesterday (for me I just need to let fat loss happen as opposed to endless obsession over it)
    took some pics yesterday(crappy ones but pics all the same) seeing some new "stuff" in my back(rhomboids,traps etc area).also I hit up a awesome leg day this past week
    405x5 on squats and 405x5(2sets) on rdls check the video

exist to inspire!

just finished HITT cardio..****ing brutal 12(50yrd)car pushesx20sec each still kinda out of it..fun as all hell though

exist to inspire!

mon was an epic return to Heavy lifing..255x5(3sets too wtf right?)..followed that up with some incline work and the typical rows,presses,curls etc to crush
    upper heavy day..yesterday was another great one lower power..and I decided to go with box squats..and part of me was thinking I was being a pussy for not
    free squatting..yeah throw that out the window box squats were hard as f.

session-lower power
    load-95%
    sets-moderarte
    resp-3-6

nutrition-220/300/40
    weight-223.3this morning

box squats
    405x1
    405x5
    435x5
    435x5:grinder like no ones buisness

rdl/sldl
    405x5
    405x3
    405x5

walking barbell lunges
    125x7steps per leg big steps
    125x7
    125x7
    125x7

standing calf raise
    3xmax

**toast
    **HITT cardio today

exist to inspire!

meant to post this last night.um yeah so HITT was a bitch!my leg were still sore from squats the day before.but I warmed up and got after them all.hell I even named
    the intervals as they got harder

session-HITT cardio
    load-100%
    sets-12intervalsx15 sec(done over 50yrds)

weight-223.2
    nutrition-190/550/40

HITTcardio
    10min warm up
    bounding,high knees,low knees etc

6hill sprints
    3min rest
    6hill sprints(Eric helms was 1,berto2,chris fahs3,layne 4) got me through it
    10min cool

**brutal!
    *chest &back+400kcals of cardio today
    *wonder what my weight is this morning?

exist to inspire!

so I really suck at updating this thing..been grinding though.weight at times likes to give me the finger.but still Im getting smaller
    I know this because my lever belt is fitting so much differently..good and bad thing there.cardio as well as numbers have changed a bit since
    I last updated.I spoke of this before but I want to touch on it again.I have noticed during refeed days I get tighter and wind up
    dropping this extra 2lb gain that for some reason occurs right during the end of week its like bam moving nicely and then all of a sudden
    2lb gain also at times followed by a decrese in performance..happend these last 2-3 weeks last sat being an exception
    weight still went up(likely waving water intake as in I fell asleep drink the last of my gallon)workout was money though

new numbers- 220/285/40
    195/525-550/40

cardio-3xs HITT(4x20sec each,5x30sec each)
    (12x15sec each)

already did 2 back to back sessions of HITT(4x20sec,5x30 sec) for certain getting much leaner

weight-223.2-224/5

should get some pics.just been so eh about..pics once I get below 220 its on

exist to inspire!

so here is the workout from leg day..I tried to get a few videos but the camera died everything else felt very good though

squats
    hip mobility
    knee stretches
    DE style bw squats focusing on external rotation
    225x10
    225x5
    315x3
    365x1
    385x3
    395x2
    395x2
    405x1
    385x2
    385x2
    reason:that was fun

rdl
    365x5
    365x5

ghr
    at this point they were assisted
    bwx7+help
    bwx9+help oh god

leg ex
    5x10

session-lower shock/failure
    load-100%

exist to inspire!

so Im ****ing dying right now! my glutes and hammies are fried ..although not from the above sprint session but more from the..heavy squats(hit 415 for a nice double on tuesday)
    at any rate had sprints for the 3rd time of the week(yes I SPRINT 3XS A WEEK AND SQUAT 2XS) come at me bros

session-lower power
    load-n/a
    reps-2-6

squats
    225x5
    275x10
    365x2
    385x1
    405x4(could have got 5)
    415x2

walking lunges
    2setsx30 sets(135lbs)

rdl
    100x6,6,6

goodmornings
    135x6
    225x6
    225x5
    225x5

todays sprints
    load-100
    reps-6

HITT CARDIO
    5min warm up&dominate was def on repeat
    *acutally drinking gf as I type this to finish off my final meal on refeed day

I AM GOING TO START POSTING MORE IN HERE MY REAL LACK OF POSTING IS DUE MOSTLY TO 2 REASONS I HAD SOME WEIGHT TO LOSE AND MY MIND WAS NOT WHERE I NEEDED
    IT TO BE TO GET THAT DONE..AND 2 I JUST WANTED TO COAST FOR AWHILE AFTER.MY NUMBERS HAVE COME UP IN CERTAIN PLACES SITTING AT 220LBS RIGHT NOW
    DOING A CARB CYCLE OF SORTS(500/400/295/500/200/200/REPEAT) ITS THE FIRST WEEK (29 WEEKS)SO LETS SEE HOW THIS GOES..STRENGTH IS STILL THERE TOO
    THOUGHT MY SQUAT HAD DIED..WAS MOSTLY DUE TO FORM STUFF ONMY PART

exist to inspire!

so I wont bother posting entire workouts from the last few days..just a few highlights\\

thursday

chest&back-decline bench 275x1(pr! on decline)

friday
    legs hyper
    squats-385x6
    bfr leg extentions

saturday
    arms

ohp-155x7

weight dropped a bit this week which is always welcome..27weeks I GRIND CAUSE ITS ALL I KNOW.although this week I'm going to pull the trigger on adjusting my numbers a little bit(at least on the lowest days of the carb cycle

current macros
    (195-220/500-200 cho/40f

weight startedoff this week at 222.2 ended at 220 this morning.I certainly look/feel leaner just not mentally there yet..funny thing I watching Dinners/drive ins/dives and this..lady made pizza(sausage/pepperoni) I swear watching the hd version I could taste it..anyways deload starts tomorrow.. I need it.oh and lastly I finally took some progress shots this morning
    ok thats it ok will post as soon as I dismount camera from the tripod

**no GOLDEN FEAST today I did take 8scoops yesterday&THURS,FRI ..
    **Golden FEAST+MANGO+ICE =SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! TRY IT

exist to inspire!

deload this week..and thus far I have not been in the gym...and by that I mean I have not touched a weight (yet)speaking of weights Layne Norton Just posted a 605x3 sqaut
    needless to say Im NOW ITCHING TO GET BACK TO HEAVY LIFTING.Currently looking into setting up a nice little DUP cycle..lets see how strong I can get while getting leaner maybe a 500lb squat?

as for Gf- man am I glad that I have that stuff laying around so handy only thing I wish it had more protein per serving

I have sprinted on both monday&tues...its been said that the more optimal form/modality of HITT is done on a bike so in keeping with that bam mondays session

HITT cardio
    5min warm up
    6x30sec intervals
    2:40 sec rest between the first 3 and the last 3
    5min cooldown

tuesdays HITT CARDIO
    5min movement prep/warm up
    6(100yrd) sprintsx30 sec(not all 30 though)
    10 min cooldown

*deload upper/lower today

exist to inspire!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Breezed through this log and am confused as to why it's in the contest prep section. Are you preparing for a show still? From what I've read, it seems like that ship has sailed for the time being and at best this is a bi-monthly updated workout log....

so still deloading..I did hit the gym with or should I say a small amount of yucky.kept it at 2-3 sets per exercise..check it out

session-upper/lower
    deload
    weight-n/a

squat
    275x3
    315x3

bench press
    225x3
    225x5

bfr superset
    bb curls ss rope pressdowns
    30,30,15,15,failure

cardio
    450kcal in 42:34 min

**used GOLDEN FEAST FOR MEAL 1 yesterday 4 scoops+ 1 grilled cheese sandwich=anabolic yums!
    **god I cant wait till full yuck mode is in effect
    **2 more deload days left
    *in other news my cousin Ive been working with hit 135x6x3 yesterday way to be dude

exist to inspire!

ok so deload ended mon..came back with a brand new(ish) training dont really have the right word atm..DUP or daily undulating periodization Im still learning /perfecting this
    so give me a bit.but lets just say bench3xs a week,squat 3xs aweek,overhead press 2x a week deadlift 3xs a week here is a rough draft of how as of now Im setting this up
    I will say I am going to cycle accumilation as well as intensity

I will say that period prior to the deload(15 weeks) of overreaching has lead to some nice prs check out the write up

session-upper power
    load-95%

bench press
    255x5 pr!
    265x4 could have done 5 no doubt pr
    275x1
    265x3

bb curls
    135x6,6,6,6

overhead press
    155x5
    155x4
    155x4

bb row
    315x5,5,5

decline skull cruschers cable version
    4x6

**so sore in the chest area today
    **oh I did 5x30 sec sprints yesterday threw up on number 4
    **going to go sqaut,deadlift and sprint in like 5min

exist to inspire!

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Breezed through this log and am confused as to why it's in the contest prep section. Are you preparing for a show still? From what I've read, it seems like that ship has sailed for the time being and at best this is a bi-monthly updated workout log....
    ship has not quite sailed still time left..up to me now

exist to inspire!

exist to inspire!

may not be working the link that is.. so

http://www.youtube.com/watchLV***x8SSAw?v=

exist to inspire!

so monday was lower power day didnt really do much in the way of accessories squats and deadlifts I wanted heavy 5s on squats but that was NOT happening
    so I did a bit more volume worked up to a heavy single with 435..deadlifts were all singles..

squats
    365x2
    365x2
    405x3
    405x4
    435x1
    415x1
    405x1

deadlifts
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    485x1 so freaking slow
    455x1
    455x1 so hard

so ^^^^the above was my lower power day for the first day first week in this cycle at this point 3rd workout in the frequency is brutal but onwards and upwards to upper hypertrophy
    I will say bench felt good 235x7,235x6.overhead press not so much 135x4 was quite the task

bench press
    235x7
    235x6
    235x4
    235x4.5

overhead press
    135x7
    135x4
    135x4
    135x3 I think

dumbell curls
    55x10,10,10

hammer curls
    55x12,12,12

rope pressdowns
    70x9,9,9,9

bb rows
    275x9
    275x9

horizontal rack chins
    bwx10,10,10,10

postworkout HITT
    6X30 Sec sprintsx100yards
    5min cooldown

**crazy thing about all of that is I have more squats&deadlifts today
    *I did not use golden feast yesterday(high day) and on high days I usually avoid a lot of powders(for the most part)

exist to inspire!

so this frequency is kicking my ass..whatever I dig a 365x7 is a ..highlight from yesterdays squat session though I was supposed to hit at least 3x7
    I was only able to hit 1 set..so I called an audible and did more volume with the same weights..365 kicked my ass

squat
    365x7
    365x4
    365x1
    365x1
    365x1
    365x2 reason:form started going south at this point so rather than begin supporting bad motor patterns that was the end of it

deadlifts
    475x1
    475x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1

bfr leg ex

**leg ex were just cause
    **upper strength today
    **drinking Golden feast as I type this

exist to inspire!

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by anti-steroids View Post
    so this frequency is kicking my ass..whatever I dig a 365x7 is a ..highlight from yesterdays squat session though I was supposed to hit at least 3x7
    I was only able to hit 1 set..so I called an audible and did more volume with the same weights..365 kicked my ass

squat
    365x7
    365x4
    365x1
    365x1
    365x1
    365x2 reason:form started going south at this point so rather than begin supporting bad motor patterns that was the end of it

deadlifts
    475x1
    475x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1
    455x1

bfr leg ex

**leg ex were just cause
    **upper strength today
    **drinking Golden feast as I type this
    Definitely putting up some strong numbers there. Blows my mind but inspires me to push myself as I get ready for my offseason.

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    Definitely putting up some strong numbers there. Blows my mind but inspires me to push myself as I get ready for my offseason.
    thank you for the kind words....must be the poptarts

exist to inspire!