Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

shaking off depression

I'm interested in hearing any tips. The crummy weather, crummy economy, etc. have taken their toll on my general mood. After a while it's a vicious cycle, and now I know what it feels like to have actual physical symptoms and don't really care for it. Not quite ready to go to the doc and ask for drugs though.

gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can relate. I have been laid off for 10 months now and although I have unemployment and the wife works, it is just odd being at home for so long.
    I can't honestly say I am not "depressed" but, I can't say I am the happiest man right now.
    I have been able to deal with it, mainly because of all the time I have been able to spend with my kids.
    I'm proud of you for not running to the doctor for "happy pills". Life is what you make it, bro. If you are not happy with your life, change it.
    I'm looking for a job, but there is none in my area. Especially in my line of work. I am hoping I get called back soon. If I can find something in the meantime, that would be great.
    I don't really have any advise. Just wanted you to know I feel your pain. It will all get better. It always does.
    Tough Times Don't Last-Tough People Do.

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You know I let my high stress job get the better of me for years. I think this is part of the reason why I gained so much weight. I made the decision that my health (for the most part) is something I can control and that there are many things in life you can't. I think it is a much better way to look at things. You must seek to control that which you can and for everything else you need to accept and roll with.

vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started realizing something is not right when I couldn't drag my arse out of bed, even to go eat, until 3PM the day after new years (holiday for me). I started forcing myself to get up at a regular time and go do something, anything, even just walking around, to get out of the house.

I admit I have issues but thankfully alcoholism and substance abuse are not among them. I just don't see going out and getting hammered, doesn't really accomplish anything and it's not really healthy behavior physically.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    if you are sleeping decently at night and dragging. lethargic during the day...yep sounds like depression. a lot of people supplement with vit d in winter or use a sun lamp to help with mood. B complex may also help. Getting your diet in check..and exercising even if its just walking everyday can help a lot with lifting your mood.
    control the things that you can control..your health, your diet, your physical health..all connected to your emotional health. Try to find something to do each day that is a positive step in a good direction. Being stressed out for long periods of time and worrying about bills, the house, the job market will take a toll on your body. You are on the down side of stress...

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get your Test levels checked just in case.

Get enough sleep.
    Eat a balanced diet.
    Lay off the stimulants if you take any, including caffeine.
    1200 I.U's of vitamin D/day if you can't get real sun.
    Look up cognitve behavioral therapy and depression treatment.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post

Get enough sleep.
    Eat a balanced diet.
    Im gonna have to add, get the right amount of sleep.
    When I went through it, all I wanted to do was sleep.
    And the best part about going through it, It implies that there is another side.
    I lost my job and home a couple of years back.
    I struggled without a job for a year.
    good news is that I have a better paying job and a bigger house now.
    I had to keep myself occupied.
    A lot of yard work and recovery meetings.
    But I made it through and so can you.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Get enough sleep.
    Eat a balanced diet.
    ^^^^^^This.

Low T levels cause depression.

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Get enough sleep.
    Eat a balanced diet.
    This is also sound advice.

gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000)

Get enough sleep.
    Eat a balanced diet.
    Never thought about low t. Great advise.
    Tough Times Don't Last-Tough People Do.

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It almost sounds stupid to say this on this forum, but regular exercise helps a lot. If the weather is too crappy, maybe get a friend to work out indoors, like basketball or handball or something.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    if you are sleeping decently at night and dragging. lethargic during the day...yep sounds like depression. a lot of people supplement with vit d in winter or use a sun lamp to help with mood. B complex may also help. Getting your diet in check..and exercising even if its just walking everyday can help a lot with lifting your mood.
    control the things that you can control..your health, your diet, your physical health..all connected to your emotional health. Try to find something to do each day that is a positive step in a good direction. Being stressed out for long periods of time and worrying about bills, the house, the job market will take a toll on your body. You are on the down side of stress...
    check and check on the vit d and lamp. doing both now. I'll check out the vit B. Back at the workout routine too.

even though I personally still have a job, it takes a toll on me to see what happens to others, and the general decline in working conditions among those of us who still have jobs

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you decide to give the b-complex a try..take it before bedtime..IMO it helps make better mornings.

TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000) TenThreeFive is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just think of life as a big game of monopoly, do what you can to win, and if you don't, at least have fun playing, because no matter what each of us accumulates in the game, we can't keep because the game ends (we all die) and new people play the game over and over and over with the same stuff. Its just all a big game this life, just have as much fun as you can with it and don't take it or yourself too seriously. Appreciate and love everything in nature, there's so much beauty in little things.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What Brian and Oceanside said x2. I would also add if you are stuck in that rut, then do your damndest to break out of it! Try something new and don't be afraid to screw up at it. It can be a new hobby, a sport, an online game, or something which pulls your mind in a different direction. I would also talk to a good friend you can relate to and trust about this, not just your wife/girlfriend (sorry, don't know if you're married or not). Get their feedback in addition to your spouse's;girlfriend's. Ultimately, you'll have to deal with it and be stronger than the dark days. We all get them--it's up to you to see how long they last. Best of mental health to you!
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Having realized that I was depressed after I went on vacation with my family and wasn't in my "lets explore everything in one day" mood, I sought help. You see I work in the mental health field and recognizing the sign of depression was for me an everyday thing. But recognizing that I was displaying symptoms of depression was eye opening as i never thought I would wind up having it.

The thing is, and I am not sure how far in your depression you are, but for me things that i loved to do, got to be too much of an effort to do. I was becoming more cynical and moody, and actually preferred to be left alone. My interest in things that I loved became "meh", i.e. my beautiful "award winning" yard was no longer looking like it was, and other parts of my life became mundane. My creativity and wit was flat most of the time.

I did seek medication as, again I am in the field and unfortunately for the naturalist, I am against the grain on this. But a kick-start is what I needed and I was not going to deny myself that, knowing what I know about the condition.

However, whatever you decide, self medicating- alcohol, illegal drugs, etc, should not be an option.

The mega vitamin route I found helps a great deal along with exercise and diet.

Seeing a doctor, psychologist or MD to at least confirm your suspicion would be prudent. Self diagnosing sometimes maybe self fulfilling. At least you'll know your choices.

Funny thing is that I have friends who, when I tell them about what I do, have the perception that mental health issues can be easily fixed with "will". Because its not like having a physical illness, its easy to hear people say "just don't think about it' or dismiss it as something not to take seriously. Hope this helps.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    yeah depression's an absolute son of a bitch when you're in it,but in my experiece it generally runs it's course if you keep your head clear and don't start self medicating..if you're "clinically depressed" (consistant depression lasting past two weeks) you're probably gonna have to just hold on tight and ride it out and try to maintain the same routine as you did before the depression set in and I know it's pretty tough sometimes..

take a little comfort (I know I did) in knowing that it's estimated that 1 in 5 people in this country deal with depression everyday and be thankful that you're sleeping nights, because when ya get slammed with Anxiety/insomnia AND depression (a very common combination) the fun REALLY starts...

anyways, good luck and I hope ya feel better !

Great post OC. Depression sucks beyond belief and I have gone thru counseling for it...One thing I have learned is depression feeds on depression. The more depressed one is, the easier it is to become more depressed, its a ****ty downward spiral.

As OC said, when it hits me, I change up the routine and for me at least, make sure I continue to engage with my family and friends...

Best of luck OP
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was depressed for a while and I do take Vit D, B ect. (i take a lot of crap)

I eventually just had to find something that made me happy. It could be a new video game, working on something in my basement, learning guitar ect.

Just had to make my self stop being a POS.

Working out probably helped the most because at the time i couldnt.

Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't ask for drugs. Do get a checkup including full bloodwork.

It can take a physical toll on the body. Don't be afraid to ask for a reference to a group to talk things out. Sometimes that is all it takes. The best doc is often someone who has been there.

Sooner than you think, life is back to normal. Quit watching the news

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I take 10,000 IU on doctor's advice. That's about the upper limit. Before I started I had a Vitamin D level in the basement. After I started it, level shot up to better than normal (i.e. mid-range). At northern latitudes in the winter you just can't get enough sun. I think that's a big reason for SAD.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

XXI Century Schizoid Man Sephyncloud's Avatar
    Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500) Sephyncloud is not very helpful. (-500)
    Right now I am going through SAD for sure.. I'm outside maybe an hour a week in the daylight.

I have school from 7 - 3 and work from 3 - 10 almost every day.. I have no time to be outside and the lack of sun has really fukked me up.

I talked to my parents and they got me some supps like Vitamin B-12, Congaplex, and Vitamin D.. I've been taking those in high doses everyday since the start of the year.

I also take Melatonin + Stress relief (all in one pill) and I have been getting amazingly better sleep and moods in the morning.

On a more personal/reflective note..
    I'm scared of not being depressed. I've been depressed since 6th grade (now in 12th) so I've just lived with feeling empty, sad, alone (even when I'm not alone; I have a new GF every 6 months)
    I go through phases of being really positive and happy and then I sink into depression again.. But looking back now I know that I've never actually been "free" of depression.. It's always there on the horizon for me)

Side Note:
    My favorite music genre is Doom Metal.. And I can't imagine enjoying that music and being happy. Lol.. I suppose I'm making any excuse to stay depressed.

Itty Bitty Titty Comitty incomple's Avatar
    incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) incomple has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    exercise cured my depression, and continues to make me look forward to each day of progress..

no matter how poor you are, you can always find progress in the mirror.
    The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. - Mark Twain

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.

If God didn't want you to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vmpolesov View Post
    Not quite ready to go to the doc and ask for drugs though.
    no need to be a hero. nothing wrong with a little medical or psychiatric help.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    Anxiety/insomnia AND depression (a very common combination) the fun REALLY starts...
    yikes, this is me. i got sober, that helped. started working out, that helped. and now i'm on some meds, and that has helped.

damn, i need alot of help it seems.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sephyncloud View Post
    On a more personal/reflective note..
    I'm scared of not being depressed. I've been depressed since 6th grade (now in 12th) so I've just lived with feeling empty, sad, alone (even when I'm not alone; I have a new GF every 6 months)
    I go through phases of being really positive and happy and then I sink into depression again.. But looking back now I know that I've never actually been "free" of depression.. It's always there on the horizon for me)
    First off, I AM NOT a doctor, so this is all personal experience, use is as you see fit, but talk to your doctor:

I am bipolar 2 hypomanic/depressive. That means I am (was) mostly depressed. My manic/mania phases are other people's "normal". That's how down I could be, something that was not lost on people. I cycle rapidly... one moment I can be as happy as a pig in ****, the next minute for no apparent reason I am either in a nosedive or a rage. My moods have leveled off since being on a daily cocktail of Lamictal, Wellbutrin and ******, and those swings are fewer and further between.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

turnelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I lost all of my income, my husband, issues with my kids etc...etc.... all in a 5 year timeframe. I thought I was gonna explode. I went on meds to level off the depression. I have always exercised on a regular basis, but, I have suddenly started focusing on joining some type of club. I got interested in a runners club, but since, have focused my attention on entering a triathlon. I have also went off the meds. Didn't seem right to me. I still have major hurdles in my life, but, exercise is the best antidepression medication out there. Having like minded people around you is a mood booster too. I hope you find some answers and start feeling better soon. Let us know how you're doing.

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lack of Sun is a big issue for depression depending on where you are... especially for those of us up north in the winter time. One thing that sounds funny, but apparently work is "light machines". these simulate the type of light you would get from being in the sun and apparently have an affect on your mood and depression. A woman I used to work with had one and she found it made a big difference when she could not get enough natural sunlight.

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have never posted this anywhere on this site....I am on antidepressants and have been for several years now. I went to my Dr and we talked about all of my symptoms. I am on my second antidepressant pill as the first seemed to no longer help. This one has been much better for much longer. I ultimately want to come off them and have tried in the past but I guess I wasn't ready. If you are TRULY depressed it feels awful and like your life is out of control. Feeling sad is NOT depression...it is so much more than that. Talk to your doctor.
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    I have never posted this anywhere on this site....I am on antidepressants and have been for several years now. I
    I know a LOT of people on them and in most cases they are life savers. I was on some about 2 months before my heart surgery as well as a month aferwards just to try and help dealing with the anxiety.

OP, definitely get your Test level checked. Until someone has experienced low T it's hard to imagine how $hitty your quality of life can be. Sleeping sucks, staying up sucks, no interst in a lot of things and it feels like depression. Easy to treat and the difference is like night and day.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    I have never posted this anywhere on this site....I am on antidepressants and have been for several years now. I went to my Dr and we talked about all of my symptoms. I am on my second antidepressant pill as the first seemed to no longer help. This one has been much better for much longer. I ultimately want to come off them and have tried in the past but I guess I wasn't ready. If you are TRULY depressed it feels awful and like your life is out of control. Feeling sad is NOT depression...it is so much more than that. Talk to your doctor.
    I was on them after son number two was born. The difficult pregnancy brought on hypothyroidism, weight gain and depression. I was on thyroid meds and I think..effexor which made me so loopy I could not remember my own phone number but so happy I did not really care..felt like being half-drunk all the time...decided to come off of them when my thyroid levels came back to normal. I think that diet and exercise help but that at times, medical intervention can be a big help.

G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TenThreeFive View Post
    I just think of life as a big game of monopoly, do what you can to win, and if you don't, at least have fun playing, because no matter what each of us accumulates in the game, we can't keep because the game ends (we all die) and new people play the game over and over and over with the same stuff. Its just all a big game this life, just have as much fun as you can with it and don't take it or yourself too seriously. Appreciate and love everything in nature, there's so much beauty in little things.

Great thoughts and good advice!
    Someone once said.... "The harder I work, the luckier I get" So True!