Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    levislover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting to work out. Need of Creatine ???

I am starting working out. I have planned a diet also and my trainer has told me to have 3 scoops of whey protein and 5 gm of creatine a day.
    I am skinny and this would be my first time in gym. I have heard people say that you should not have whey protein and creatine for atleast a month after starting working out. Is it true OR should i start having whey and creatine from the first day of the gym ?

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't listen to those people. They are flat out wrong. I'd cut down on the whey personally down to one scoop a day, unless your diet is otherwise terribly deficient in protein. Cost of protein adds up in a hurry so try to save where you can and eat whole food sources. Creatine is fine, just take 3-5g daily, no loading or cycling is needed.

Up to you really, stick around here and you'll learn more than you could probably ever from your trainer.

JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    you are fine taking whey and using creatine. Just make sure the focus is on working out and eating properly. Don't rush into supplements too fast before the foundamentals.
    John Lee: www.********.com/johnleepage

Follow me on Twitter: @JohnLeeAries

Live life with purpose and pleasure will follow.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know about the month wait on creatine recommendation, but I would say if you have only begun to workout then creatine isn't something to concern you now. So you'll understand, creatine is a supplement that appears to work for most, not all but most; having said that if you are just starting to workout then it will take some time before you need to worry about muscle gains. What I mean by that is you'll spend time allowing your body to get stronger through adapting to the work primarily through your central nervous system. Enjoy this time because it will likely be your largest strength gains in terms of a percentage. So for now work eat well, work out hard and rest, that is all you need. (supplement if you like, you don't have too)

Creatine works well but over a long period of time, an extra rep here and there, so work on form, diet and then intensity with good form, once you have that much improved, start using creatine and it should work well, but as I said above, remember, it doesn't work for everyone. Also if you're not going to stay on it, and all the above recommendations, then it won't work! Be Consistent and Persistent!!

I am 5 ft 11 inches (5'11) and weighs 150 lbs(68 kgs).
    So here's what i have put till now.

Sets and reps are flexible. As i am beginning i will increase reps and sets accordingly.
    Monday - 8 Sets 3 Reps Each
    1. Abs Wheel Rollout
    2. Deadlift
    3. Neutral Grip PullUp
    4. Dip

Wednesday - 5 Sets 5 Reps
    1. Dumb-bell one arm row
    2. Bulgarian Split Squat
    3. Dumb-bell one arm standing shouldre press
    4. Side-Plank
    5. Dumb-bell Standing Lateral Raise
    6. Bumb-bell standing reverse curl

Friday - 4 Sets 8 Reps
    1. Front Squat
    2. Dumb-bell Bench press lying on the floor
    3. Bumb-bell lying tri-ceps extension
    4. Dumb-bell Standing biceps curl
    5. Hanging leg raise
    6. Dumb -bell bent over lateral raise

Diet

Breakfast
    100g greek yogurt and 1 apple
    Snack
    1 Scoop of Whey protein
    Lunch
    60 g chicken
    1 orange
    Pre-training Snack
    1 Scoop of Whey protein
    Post training snack
    250 ml fruit juice
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein
    5 g Creatine Powder
    Dinner
    250 g Chicken
    5 Chappatis made of Wheat Flour

I have stomach problems sometimes so i am thinking of Creatine ethyl ester(CEE) instead of Creatine.
    Is this the correct combination ?

BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by levislover View Post
    I am 5 ft 11 inches (5'11) and weighs 150 lbs(68 kgs).
    So here's what i have put till now.

Sets and reps are flexible. As i am beginning i will increase reps and sets accordingly.
    Monday - 8 Sets 3 Reps Each
    1. Abs Wheel Rollout
    2. Deadlift
    3. Neutral Grip PullUp
    4. Dip

Wednesday - 5 Sets 5 Reps
    1. Dumb-bell one arm row
    2. Bulgarian Split Squat
    3. Dumb-bell one arm standing shouldre press
    4. Side-Plank
    5. Dumb-bell Standing Lateral Raise
    6. Bumb-bell standing reverse curl

Friday - 4 Sets 8 Reps
    1. Front Squat
    2. Dumb-bell Bench press lying on the floor
    3. Bumb-bell lying tri-ceps extension
    4. Dumb-bell Standing biceps curl
    5. Hanging leg raise
    6. Dumb -bell bent over lateral raise

Diet

Breakfast
    100g greek yogurt and 1 apple
    Snack
    1 Scoop of Whey protein
    Lunch
    60 g chicken
    1 orange
    Pre-training Snack
    1 Scoop of Whey protein
    Post training snack
    250 ml fruit juice
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein
    5 g Creatine Powder
    Dinner
    250 g Chicken
    5 Chappatis made of Wheat Flour

I have stomach problems sometimes so i am thinking of Creatine ethyl ester(CEE) instead of Creatine.
    Is this the correct combination ?
    I think taking creatine would be a bad idea! Like what one poster said, you don't need it when you first start out. I would only use creatine if I was going through a plateau and wasn't getting any gains! Newbie gains are always going to be impressive and the last thing you want is to start thinking its because of the protein/creatine combo. Stick with just using whey for now.
    Last edited by BarbellPrince; 01-04-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: grammar

anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10) anumeric is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4 off days + Creatine = TIME TO GET BLOATED!

Originally Posted by BarbellPrince View Post
    I think taking creatine would be a bad idea! Like what one poster said, you don't need it when you first start out. I would only use creatine if I was going through a plateau and wasn't getting any gains! Newbie gains are always going to be impressive and the last thing you want is to start thinking its because of the protein/creatine combo. Stick with just using whey for now.
    Originally Posted by anumeric View Post
    4 off days + Creatine = TIME TO GET BLOATED!
    Ok. I will skip Creatine for the time being and concentrate more on the Diet and workout plans.
    Just want to ask you one more thing that is my workout plan and diet correct or should i change it ?

BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok. I will skip Creatine for the time being and concentrate more on the Diet and workout plans.
    Just want to ask you one more thing that is my workout plan and diet correct or should i change it ?
    As far as your diet that is dependent on your goals and your macro requirements. Look in the stickies section to help calculate what these figures are!

Your workouts seem ok. But personally, i would split the 3-days with day 1 being pressing movements, day 2 being pulling movements and day 3 leg training. You can do abs twice a week if you wish (ex. mondays and fridays). If you want to put on muscle mass, compound exercises are your best friend!

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am starting working out. I have planned a diet also and my trainer has told me to have 3 scoops of whey protein and 5 gm of creatine a day.
    I am skinny and this would be my first time in gym. I have heard people say that you should not have whey protein and creatine for atleast a month after starting working out. Is it true OR should i start having whey and creatine from the first day of the gym ?
    seems like your hanging out with some idiots

Originally Posted by BarbellPrince View Post
    As far as your diet that is dependent on your goals and your macro requirements. Look in the stickies section to help calculate what these figures are!

Your workouts seem ok. But personally, i would split the 3-days with day 1 being pressing movements, day 2 being pulling movements and day 3 leg training. You can do abs twice a week if you wish (ex. mondays and fridays). If you want to put on muscle mass, compound exercises are your best friend!
    Can you please help me putting them in correct order. I am not familiar with these movements. And yes i want to put on muscle mass.

Can you please help me putting them in correct order. I am not familiar with these movements. And yes i want to put on muscle mass.
    I remember reading you have trainer. He/She would be glad to enlighten you on this subject since that's what you are paying them for! Im pretty sure if you mention the following compound movement categories they will be willing to design a program suitable and fit for you.

P.S. If you get no luck with this then send me a pm OP.

pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000) pazzadean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read this op before u decide on creatine!

Creatine monster. True story. Stay Natty everyone.
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

The creatine has entered my veins, I can feel it raging inside of me. I look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. I've become scared of my own strength. My mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...I dont want her to see me like this. Just a few moments later, I catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...I can barely recognize myself.

I need to pick a protein powder and i have shortlisted these two. But i am confused which one to pick.

Gold Standard 100% Whey
    Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey

What is the difference between these two ? I was not able to post links to these because my post count is => 50.
    Or any link where i can find a difference between these two ? I checked the label information of both of these and according to me i found Natural Whey better due to quantity of other vitamins and minerals.

Also i want to know if there is a variety between easily digested proteins ?

Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only significant different between the 2 is price. So, go with the cheaper one. The only significant different between whey products is whether or not it's concentrate or isolated; the latter has less lactose. Ignore just about everything else between whey products.

Just about anything cooked can be considered to be easily digested (For example, egg white is bad when uncooked). Don't worry about it. As long as you eat it and it's a complete (only need to worry about this if it's a vegetable source) protein, you're good.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I need to pick a protein powder and i have shortlisted these two. But i am confused which one to pick.

Gold Standard 100% Whey
    Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey

What is the difference between these two ?
    Flavor = french vanilla creme

Flavor = natural vanilla

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need to over think all of this, eat plenty, workout and rest. You can find beginner workout programs on this site that are already designed and will work fine. Stick to compound movements, you can do a push pull, or upper lower, or whole body program, that will depend on you. My suggestion would be to start with either whole body workouts or upper lower splits, such as two upper and two lower per week. If you do whole body workouts take at least a day in between the next workout, if upper lower, then a day between each specific group, so no two uppers back to back and so on. For instance something like this:
    Monday-upper
    Tuesday-lower
    Wed off
    Thurs-upper
    Friday-lower
    If time is an issue start with two whole body workouts each week using squats, deadlifts, bench press, and pull ups etc. Add small muscle exercises later, the big moves are all you need and it will be that way for sometime. If you want to work on your arms, and who doesn't, then do so. You can finish your day with some arm work or you can do them on off days, but that really isn't needed at this point.

Another question-
    When you say that 100gm of chicken has roughly 30gm of protein. Do you weigh that 100gm of chicken with bones or without bones ?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    no bones. weigh raw (before cooking)

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    no bones. weigh raw (before cooking)
    Weighed it raw (before cooking) but how do i remove the bones
    But i think the weight of bones doesn't matter that much, right ?

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And not a regular nutrition poster was found today .. oh nvm there's snorkle. Woo.

edit: And Zman.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

As far as multivitamins are concerned, which one is better ? ON Opti-Vites or ON Opti-Men or Animal-Pak?

Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Differences between multivitamins are negligible. But, if your diet is fine, you don't need it.

Whey is good if your daily routine is lacking in protein and you just can't seem to fit in that extra protein from food. But, food is better.
    Vitamins are good if you can't maintain a proper diet (in the long term), are a vegan, or on a severe cut. But, again, food is better.

You're not going to get a max amount of creatine from food, so take creatine. Creatine monohydrate is the one that's been the most tested/proven, so go with any brand of it.

I have read a lot of posts in which people say that on an off day you should have whey protein first thing in morning. I like to have milk tea after waking up. And feel like eating anything after around 1 hour. Is that ok if i do so ( that i have protein after 1 or 1.5 hours of waking up ) ?

hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As far as multivitamins are concerned, which one is better ? ON Opti-Vites or ON Opti-Men or Animal-Pak?
    NOW Adam
    Detroit Red Wings~Kansas Jayhawks~Kansas City Chiefs~K.C. Royals

Originally Posted by hockeytownfan View Post
    NOW Adam

What ??

hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What ??
    it's a great multi at a good price. ON multis are generally no better than drug store brands.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/adam.html

Originally Posted by hockeytownfan View Post
    ON multis are generally no better than drug store brands.

I hear the call to arms going up in the supplement forum

ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Weighed it raw (before cooking) but how do i remove the bones
    But i think the weight of bones doesn't matter that much, right ?

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    [img]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/11/oprah_oh_no_1122.jpg[img]

I hear the call to arms going up in the supplement forum
    Oh no, I done goofed, didn't I?