CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Chances of walking on to a d2 football team (never played).

Does anyone know how realistic it is to walk on to a smaller d2 school with no football experience? I just got out of the military and will be starting school this winter. I know that I need to get faster, but I am not sure given my size if I have a chance. I’m 5”8 230lbs. I have some fluff on me, but just starting my cut this week. I don’t really do ORM but can rep 275 bench, 335 squat, and 405 dead lift. Any advice from anyone?
    BREAM Team
    US Navy

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The fact that you've never played before is the issue. You don't know the game, skills or techniques like someone that's been playing long-term. Strength is great, so is speed, but if you don't know how to use it, you're kind of useless. Sure the college program will work on technique and basics, but it's assumed that you as the player know what you're doing to a point so you can take the coaching. The next piece is that they don't have the time and resources, most likely, to train someone from the beginning.

TLDR, not really realistic without some history of play, even high Pop Warner.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoddNATTY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would it be worth it to try and get in on the spring workouts to see if I have potential to develop?
    BREAM Team
    US Navy

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CoddNATTY View Post
    Would it be worth it to try and get in on the spring workouts to see if I have potential to develop?
    That'd be up to the coaching staff. The challenge you'll find is that they are focused on prepping for the season with the players that already know what they're doing. They'll likely not have the time, or be willing to dedicate the time, to someone starting fresh.

I could be 100% wrong here, so I don't think it would hurt to have a conversation with the coaching staff. In fact, I'm sure they'd entertain it, but I wouldn't expect much from it.

The caliber of the program at the school may also have an effect on their willingness to work with you. What school is it?

Retired account

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post

The caliber of the program at the school may also have an effect on their willingness to work with you. What school is it?
    Western Oregon University. What positions are suited best for my height, and are easier to pick up on?
    BREAM Team
    US Navy

Originally Posted by CoddNATTY View Post
    Western Oregon University. What positions are suited best for my height, and are easier to pick up on?
    Position questions aren't really easy to answer because of height and weight. 5'8" is pretty short, so you're going to be limited on offense, but still the coaches decide where they think you fit best (if you fit). I'd save that for the conversation with them.

Western Oregon isn't the strongest program, so they may be more open to discussion. I could be totally wrong about the above. I'd schedule with them as soon as you can to discuss.

Retired account

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5'8, 230 pounds, 405 deadlift . . . . thats small, fat, and weak by D2 standards.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to register with the ncaa eligibility center. At 5'8" you would be considered for running back, full back, and some sort of defensive back. Unless you add at least 50lbs to your frame, 100lbs to your bench, and 200lbs to your squat you probably won't be looked at for OL or DL. A lot will come down to speed. For your height, they will expect 4.6 to 4.7 in a 40 yrd dash, if you're a lot faster than this then they might be interested in developing you. BTW football players don't "cut".

As for things they will look for
    1) genetics - do you have a father, brother, who played NFL football? Same but college football? Did your mom and dad play sports in college? What level? It's just like horses, what's your breeding like.
    2) athleticism - height, weight, speed, vertical, strength. If you're a freak they may want to teach you
    3) skill - did you play outfield in baseball (as in HS baseball)? Basketball rebounding? Some of these skills transfer to football. From what you've said you have no skills, and you've never been hit or know how to give a hit.

Remember - coaches (except for strength and conditioning coaches and training staff) are limited to when they can contact you. For much of the year they can't work with you so they won't be able to teach you football outside of the season. College football is a big commitment. Typically they want you for 5 years at the D1 and D2 level. There are only 36 scholarships available in D2 that get spread over 120 players. If you're offered a scholarship sometime it will likely be for $1K/year. Your teammates have been playing since 5th grade (or earlier), they are all HS letter winners, most were captains of their HS teams, most were all conference, all district, or all state, and many were letter winners in multiple sports. Oh yeah, same goes for D3 schools. You will play in pain, it hurts to practice, even if you don't play on Saturday you will still be in pain. 300lb linemen with an attitude problem will hurt you when they hit you - it's real, and it's every play, every drill. It's also a lot of fun. My son plays in D3 and loves it, but he is purple all over from August until November

As for you having a chance of making it? Nope! but you won't know unless you try so contact the coach staff and then get to work (as in working out in a gym that does train football athletes) - you really need a trainer that will put you under the stress that football training will do.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    not sure if srs

u couldn't even walk onto the ****test d3 school in the country with no experience
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.