Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bassinyoface View Post
    thanks for that info I was wondering the same thing myself. I have seen the bands using by powerlifters all the time,but never in a bodybuilding scenario!

I first got the idea from Derek, and the concept of incorporating them into a bodybuilding routine was very interesting so I ordered a couple sets. Absolutely love them on many exercises! Plus, apparently John Meadows is a big advocator of using bands on many exercises as well for his Mountain Dog Training. My buddy is currently doing the routine and following his diet protocol that he had built for him. It'll be interesting to hear/see the results that he obtains using the program.
    x xTraining Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136977983

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MASSMADETOLAST View Post
    1-22-11 Lower Body

Today's leg workout went amazingly amazing!!! I've been stretching my left leg and hanging upside down to stretch pretty much all week. Instead of using Plan B on this particular Sunday to just bypass the leg workout again, I just went into the gym and began slowly warming up on the squat rack and everything was feeling really good. So today I managed to work my way up to 455 on the Squats and buried it 5 times . Also managed to completely school last week's final working set on the Stiff-Legged Deadlifts by hitting 405x10 Reps. Not a PR, but after doing all of the working sets of squats, following it up with the Single-Leg Leg Pressing, and then jumping into this exercise...I was more than happy with it. Now I'm going to eat my victory post-workout meal and stretch the wheels out afterwards. Here is the video of that set of SLDL's. TRAIN HARD!!!!!!

455 X 5 on squats and 405 X 10 on SLD Definitely shows that you were not 100% last week so it is good to see things were feeling better yesterday. i got 365 X 5 this week so I better get to work to catch up to you LOL.

I first got the idea from Derek, and the concept of incorporating them into a bodybuilding routine was very interesting so I ordered a couple sets. Absolutely love them on many exercises! Plus, apparently John Meadows is a big advocator of using bands on many exercises as well for his Mountain Dog Training. My buddy is currently doing the routine and following his diet protocol that he had built for him. It'll be interesting to hear/see the results that he obtains using the program.
    Bands and chains have been used in powerlifting and athletic training for a long time. To me they are another way to overload the muscle with a new stimulus. I feel getting stronger is the best way to get bigger and bands/chains help in achieving those goals. For those that want to see the bands in action (both reverse band and standard setup) check out these videos:

MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000)
    1-21-12

AWESOME upper day today!!! Was able to hit 285x5 on the final working set of Flat Bench Press, got the 120's for a solid 7 reps on Incline Dumbbell Presses, 335x8 on the Barbell Rows, and much more awesomeness!!! Also got some video on my final exercise for the day, some Ez-Bar Curls. The arms don't really need to get much bigger huh Derek? LOL

Macros:

252 protein
    360g carbs
    75g fat

a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It helps build your lockout strength and holy crap does it give your muscles one heck of a contraction!! This technique has really come in handy with the bench press and deadlifts from the floor for me. My shoulders and arms overpower my chest by a mile(or even two miles), and incorporating the bands has really helped allow me to target my chest much more effectively. I absolutely love that exercise! On the deadlifts it allows me to overload the top half of the movement and also work around my little glute injury that is still kinda with me, while still reaping some of the benefit of working the lumbars/hamstrings. I just love pulling from the floor dude, it has such a nice ring to it when several hundred pounds comes crashing down on the floor!!!
    interesting.

I'll tell you one thing, that military press was impressive as hell. I have pretty strong shoulders (not bragging) but I do most of pressing movements on a smith machine (for saftery reasons, there's really no one I trust to spot me at the rec center, lol) and I've never even come close to moving that kind of weight with that kind of ROM.

it would be intersting to see your diet (but I understand if you don't want to post it).

I'm gonna up my intensity and start pushing some heavy poundages and maybe I'll come over and hit it with you one of these days, I think you'd bury me but I'd be interested to see you do a whole training session and see what little tips I could pick up.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    1-21-12

AWESOME upper day today!!! Was able to hit 285x5 on the final working set of Flat Bench Press, got the 120's for a solid 7 reps on Incline Dumbbell Presses, 335x8 on the Barbell Rows, and much more awesomeness!!! Also got some video on my final exercise for the day, some Ez-Bar Curls. The arms don't really need to get much bigger huh Derek? LOL

Macros:

252 protein
    360g carbs
    75g fat
    Solid numbers homie! Your arms look ridiculous in the video, both your biceps and triceps. Chest looks like it has gained some size as well. Just wait until July, people are going to be scared!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Solid numbers homie! Your arms look ridiculous in the video, both your biceps and triceps. Chest looks like it has gained some size as well. Just wait until July, people are going to be scared!

Thanks brother, and just like you the numbers and results will just keep on getting better!! The diet and training regimen is working fantastic. The Beast knows how to bring out the best in his clients, and July will prove just that!

Pic Of The Day:

All day, everyday...every meal precisely measured and weighed to meet the Boss's specifications. Healthy fats, seasoning, and my beloved Frank's is added according.

Frank's- "I put that **** on everything(except on my oats 'n whey)!!!

Pic Of The Day:

All day, everyday...every meal precisely measured and weighed to meet the Boss's specifications. Healthy fats, seasoning, and my beloved Frank's is added according.

Frank's- "I put that **** on everything(except on my oats 'n whey)!!!
    100% dedicated! No excuses. If you want something bad enough you will do what it takes to obtain it!

BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hope to be that organized someday. do you weigh out your food? it honestly looks great.. steamed broccoli, chicken and sweet potatoes are my favorite meal, good choice!
    PhD Candidate, Genetics.
    Practitioner of Stoic philosophy.
    Hope to FI/RE (Financial Independence / Retire Early) by 2030.

I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Gyno Surgery Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165978531

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking huge Kevin! Looks like you are going to have a great year on stage.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

1-25-12 Lower Body

This evening's workout was ridiculously amazing! Kicked things off with deadlifts and really didn't know where I stood as far as strength was concerned cause I have not done them off the floor without the bands in quite a while. This particular workout was supposed to be with the bands, but my gym only has one power rack and it was being used the entire night by the powerlifters(who own the rack and all of the various bars, attachments, etc.). No problem, I was itching to do traditional deads anyway but had no idea I was gonna be this strong on them...especially since it had been literally 5 months or so since I last did them when Derek and I trained, AND being only week 2 back at the gym. So as I was ramping up, I began the work sets with 405 and hit 5 reps no sweat, no belt, no straps. Second set with 455, same thing. Third set, still no belt or straps but did begin to sweat lol. Once I got to the 4th set is where I threw on the belt and strapped in, hitting 545x5 reps still really easy. I was still feeling so good at this point, that I took it up to 585 for my final set. I ended up banging out 3 solid, smooth, controlled reps and if it wouldn't have been for the heartburn/fluid that began climbing up my rib cage and into my throat I would've easily hit it for a 4th rep. Next time!!! Rest of the training and overall day was perfect, now it's time to smash that post-workout meal

QUOTE=BipolarBrah;820330851]I hope to be that organized someday. do you weigh out your food? it honestly looks great.. steamed broccoli, chicken and sweet potatoes are my favorite meal, good choice![/QUOTE]

It's really very easy man. Plus I know how bad I want this overall victory, and most importantly I do not want to let the Beast down. I have to win this show!!!

Yes, I weigh everything out. Right down to the very ounce or gram. I can eat this same 6 meals/day forever and not get sick of it, because I know that each day that I do this it's making me that much better and that much stronger!

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Looking huge Kevin! Looks like you are going to have a great year on stage.
    Thanks Paul!! It looks like I'm finally gonna make it to the Arnold this year too for the first time ever. I'll finally get to meet all of the incredibly hard-working bodybuilders that Scivation has on their roster. Looking forward to that, and the rest of 2012!! Hope everything is going great for you man, keep on training hard!!!

1-26-12 Upper Body

Another super successful training day today!! Having a sore back from yesterday's deadlifting brutality made things a bit more challenging at first, but as I inflicted pain and distributed lactic acid in other muscle groups I didn't even notice it anymore. Managed to hit 305x5 on my final set of Reverse Band BB Military Presses. Did some Chain Dips afterwards and did 120 lbs. worth for 8 reps...love it!!! Did very well on my other exercises, including my favorite one of all...the Pinwheel Hammer Curls with the 120's for 8 reps.

Now I wait patiently for Sunday's Leg workout to get here...TRAIN HARD EVERYBODY!!!!!!

BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRUTALMASS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking good kev. Hey man I was on your YouTube channel. You had a trailer of an upcoming vid of you talking about nutrition. Is that evr gonna be up?

Originally Posted by BRUTALMASS View Post
    Looking good kev. Hey man I was on your YouTube channel. You had a trailer of an upcoming vid of you talking about nutrition. Is that evr gonna be up?
    Thanks dude! I want to hold off on doing that until I get a new camera because since I've dropped it so many times and what not, it has a new personality...sometimes it'll just go black screen whenever it feels like it, the mic on it isn't the greatest either. So it's time for a new one, which is what I wanna do for the nutrition vid.

1-29-12 Lower Body

Success and nothing less!! After ramping my way up to my working sets on the Reverse Band Squats, I began with my first "for real" set with 545 and got 3. Next set I took it up to 585x3 again nice and smooth. Finally, went up to 605 on the final set and got 3 reps again. The rest of the workout consisted of Single Leg Pressing where I completely schooled my last workout, followed by SLDL's again, some calf/core work, and then the victory post-workout shake. Below is video of the 605 Squat using my new Canon HD camera. I noticed after watching this that I have to play around with the settings...it looks very bright or too much white in there...it'll take a minute to dial it in, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Happy Training everybody, TRAIN HARD!!!!!!

annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow. Very impressive and exciting thread here. I was just going to lurk and stay quiet but I'm stunned by your tricep pose pic. Like >>revelation<< THAT's why they call it a horse shoe!!! Jeeez ... Awesome! So, going for overall title, doesn't that put you and Derek in direct conflict - Mano a Mano ? This is going to be fun to follow.
    anne-marie

Scivation contest prep forum:

Spring 2011 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473#post604035473
    Spring 2010 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=433766611#post433766611
    Spring 2009 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473

www.twitter.com/annebrugger

1-29-12 Lower Body

Success and nothing less!! After ramping my way up to my working sets on the Reverse Band Squats, I began with my first "for real" set with 545 and got 3. Next set I took it up to 585x3 again nice and smooth. Finally, went up to 605 on the final set and got 3 reps again. The rest of the workout consisted of Single Leg Pressing where I completely schooled my last workout, followed by SLDL's again, some calf/core work, and then the victory post-workout shake. Below is video of the 605 Squat using my new Canon HD camera. I noticed after watching this that I have to play around with the settings...it looks very bright or too much white in there...it'll take a minute to dial it in, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Happy Training everybody, TRAIN HARD!!!!!!

Very solid! New camera looks good. Looks like there was just a lot of sunlight coming in that day.

Originally Posted by annemarie_DJ View Post
    Wow. Very impressive and exciting thread here. I was just going to lurk and stay quiet but I'm stunned by your tricep pose pic. Like >>revelation<< THAT's why they call it a horse shoe!!! Jeeez ... Awesome! So, going for overall title, doesn't that put you and Derek in direct conflict - Mano a Mano ? This is going to be fun to follow.
    I am not competing this year and I am glad I am not because Kevin is looking SICK

Originally Posted by annemarie_DJ View Post
    Thanks a bunch. I've always been gifted in the arm department as far as genetics go, but almost too much...they overpower the crap out of the rest of me LOL!!!

Well we went head to head last year at the Natural Michigan, and Derek came out as the victor. You're lucky this time Derek HAHA j/k bro! I'm still VERY proud of him for taking 1st and also taking the Overall titles afterwards at both the Natural Northern MI, and Natural Northern USA's. What a year for him!!! As far as who I'm going up against, I'm facing the 2011 version of myself and plan to completely out-do that physique. I'm bringing my absolute best, period. Thank you very much for following along and best of luck with all of your goals to come!!

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Very solid! New camera looks good. Looks like there was just a lot of sunlight coming in that day.

I am not competing this year and I am glad I am not because Kevin is looking SICK

Thanks, that was actually pretty tough...the thing I'm trying to figure out with it right now is tweaking the settings so those really bright florescent lights don't wash everything out. If it can't be adjusted in video mode, then I'm just gonna have to return it and get a different cam. I wouldn't be suprised if you decided to prep for this show man!!

1-30-12 Upper Body

Ok, I'd say that a good 70% of the workout went very well...and then as I got towards the end I began to not feel so good. It could just be a minor weather change/sinus related thingy, but this has been kinda sticking with me ever since the new year. Over the past several years, I've been a victim of issues dealing with sinus/upper respiratory crap and the weather has not been too stable here in MI. But, enough of that...onto the workout highlights:

On the Barbell Bench, I was able to finish with 315x3 solid reps which is strong for me! Incline Dumbbell Pressing also went great...got the 125's for 6 reps. Anytime I make strength improvements on chest exercises, it's one heck of an accomplishment since it is a weaker bodypart on me. I've made slow improvements to it, so any progress is always a step forward. Looking forward to doing some very heavy deadlifting this Wednesday, and sharing the footage with the new camera. LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!!!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for this journey bro! lovin that workout!!
    advertising not permitted

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your arms are ridiculous....great stuff...

Unfortunately, I'm currently stuck at home with a bad cold. Thought I might've been coming down with a fever too just because of all the shivering I went through last night, but at the moment I think it's just the cold/cough. Hopefully I'll be in good enough shape to get back in the gym this Sunday and continue on, but we'll see.

bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unfortunately, I'm currently stuck at home with a bad cold. Thought I might've been coming down with a fever too just because of all the shivering I went through last night, but at the moment I think it's just the cold/cough. Hopefully I'll be in good enough shape to get back in the gym this Sunday and continue on, but we'll see.
    been battling all this along with sinus infection/dizziness for the past 3 weeks. But got it sorted out.
    The dizziness went away after a few heavy sets of squats lol.

get better. Keep crushing brother!!
    90kg Powerlifter
    Livin the dream working for the GDFD
    MISC CIGAR CREW
    CheekyChris23 crew

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    in for this journey bro! lovin that workout!!
    Glad to have you here, thank you! This training split is going great, minus the cold/cough I'm currently battling

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Your arms are ridiculous....great stuff...
    This is why I only do a few sets for arms...if I just think about a bicep or tricep exercise they'll grow LOL. Everything else needs to catch up!

Originally Posted by bassinyoface View Post
    been battling all this along with sinus infection/dizziness for the past 3 weeks. But got it sorted out.
    The dizziness went away after a few heavy sets of squats lol.

get better. Keep crushing brother!!

Thanks, yeah I've had the cough and sinus drainage for over a month now...cause I remember starting to get it right before new years day. It's this weather too...one day it's 25 degrees, the next day it reaches 60. Anytime the weather wants to play rollercoaster, my sinuses and what not act up big time.

bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000) bassinyoface is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, yeah I've had the cough and sinus drainage for over a month now...cause I remember starting to get it right before new years day. It's this weather too...one day it's 25 degrees, the next day it reaches 60. Anytime the weather wants to play rollercoaster, my sinuses and what not act up big time.
    thats exactly it. Rollercoaster weather always means feeling crappy for me as well. Body gets no time to adjust!
    90kg Powerlifter
    Livin the dream working for the GDFD
    MISC CIGAR CREW
    CheekyChris23 crew

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glad to have you here, thank you! This training split is going great, minus the cold/cough I'm currently battling

This is why I only do a few sets for arms...if I just think about a bicep or tricep exercise they'll grow LOL. Everything else needs to catch up!
    Can you have your arms have a talk with my spaghetti arms....they need help....

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Can you have your arms have a talk with my spaghetti arms....they need help....
    Hahahahahaa! I think Kevin has enough to go around
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/