Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)

MIO! Good/ Bad? Better than Crystal Light?

I have heard and seen this new water enhancer MIO for a few weeks now and finally tried it over the weekend. A few friends of mine said its 10x better than crystal light. I really like it. Easy to control exactly how much I add to my water and honestly don't feel any extra bloating as I do if I do more than 2 crystal lights a day.
    Whats everyone else think of this new craze?
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Propylene glycol, third ingredient. Less than 2% natural flavoring, red and blue dyes number whatever whatever.

No thank you.

Crystal Light does make a Pure Fitness that I will drink sometimes when I get sick of tea or water. It has some calories though since its not artifically sweetened.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know how good or bad it is for you but I love the taste...

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mio has the same nutritonal profile as diet soda and Crystal Light. I ignore the claimed dangers that some studies suggest because of poor controls. In nearly every study conducted; Propylene glycol, Acesulfame potassium, and Potassium sorbate were all adminstered in ridicuously high doses. For instance in which the equivelant would dose would be over 1300 can of soda.

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/files/GMM2_Web.pdf

IMHO. within moderation, MIO is fine. I personally love it and use it when I cut.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 01-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Again, no thank you, I think its ridiculous that we eat food in which crap like propylene glycol is considered "okay" in small doses. There are also "okay" levels of lead for my child to be exposed to, does that make it good/right?
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YOu learn something new everyday im Googling propylene glycol now to learn more. I know that just becuase something "seems" healthy 9x out of 10 its really not, thats why I asked for others input. Thanks to everyone
    Follow me on ********!

Infinite Labs Model

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thought about purchasing it, but the price compared to the amount you get didn't seem worth it.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    There are also "okay" levels of lead for my child to be exposed to, does that make it good/right?
    Comparing something KNOWN to be toxic in relatively low doses (like lead) to something like propylene glycol isn't even kind of a fair comparison. In fact, there are many vitamins and minerals that are far more toxic than this substance is purported to be and in much lower ratio's.

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    I think its ridiculous that we eat food in which crap like propylene glycol is considered "okay" in small doses.
    I'm not saying putting harmful substances in your body is ok, what I am saying is that there is little evidence to support that any of the above substances are harmful even if consumed in excess, nevermind moderation.

If I jumped at every study misinterpreted by some health scare tactician, I would never leave my bubble.

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Thought about purchasing it, but the price compared to the amount you get didn't seem worth it.
    To funny, I thought the same thing. But was like eh, what the heck... Ill try it. And it sure does taste great. I got the mago peach one!
    Follow me on ********!

Infinite Labs Model

shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shea85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had the fruit punch before and it was okay. Takes awhile to know how many drops is right for your taste. Not something I would drink often though...only if I'm cutting out diet pop (yes, I know it's not good for you) and I am tired of plain water.

Originally Posted by shea85 View Post
    I had the fruit punch before and it was okay. Takes awhile to know how many drops is right for your taste. Not something I would drink often though...only if I'm cutting out diet pop (yes, I know it's not good for you) and I am tired of plain water.
    I only do 2 shots of mio per 20oz of water, I dont need much, just a little flavor to spice up my boring daily routine. Coffee and water is ALL I EVER drink LOL
    Follow me on ********!

Infinite Labs Model

cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheerchica is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My husband drinks it so I tried it. It tastes good enough but all the funky ingredients are enough to keep me from making it a habit. Now I just sneak some once or twice a week when I am sick of water and craving juice outside of my macros.

As for the price, if you compare it to bottled flavored waters (like Propel which my husband was drinking before this) it is way cheaper and obviously more eco-friendly. You get what 24 servings per pack?
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140422843
    Goal: I want to be able to bench press a grizzly bear before I die.

Born again nutritarian SaltedRain's Avatar
    SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaltedRain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried it once, but I don't know why. It has sucralose, which gives me an upset stomach; food dye, which is just not okay; and anything with citric acid added screws up my mouth over time. I was hoping to help myself drink more, but I didn't even like the taste.

Everyone really made some good points. I personally dont mind drinking water, just sometimes want a little flavor and know that crystal light seems to bloat me a bit. Figure I will trade off between using crystal light and mio here and there, but will probably just suck it up and always drink regular ole water, as I just really want to be as healthy as possible.
    Follow me on ********!

Infinite Labs Model

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like to spice up my water with slices of lemon or lime. It's good! Usually I buy those little plastic lemons though and just add a few squirts here and there! I find all the citric acids in a lot of those artificially sweetened juices hurts my tummy. Though oddly enough the lemon and lime juice doesn't.
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4