gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Distended stomach?!?!?

I am assuming this is a result of contest dieting otherwise I have always had this and just never noticed.... I lose my period after every cut. After a month or so (once bodyfat is back up to normal) I get it back... Well... after my win at the MD State in Aug 2011 it is now Jan 2012 and I have yet to get it back... I have seen my obgyn and she just chalked it up to low body fat and tried prescribing me birth control to see if that raised my estrogen levels enough to trigger the darn thing.. I am not a fan of bc, so I did not fill the script (about a month ago).

I never really noticed my stomach as "distended" until it was pointed out to me... i just assumed the bloating was how my body reacted with carbs... now, after a few google searches, I am not so sure... I am not in any pain and aside from occasional gas I don't have any issues...

Getting an ultrasound soon... I read that it could be ovarian cysts(which can also keep a period away), abscence of a period can cause distention... and even a food allergy...

anyone have any experience with this? It's not like a preggo belly.. just bloating and pressure....

yesterday I picked up some digestive enzymes and a probiotic...

help!
    American Muscle Supply Sponsored Athlete

Makin'progress every day Flyboyjc's Avatar
    Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyboyjc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gigglepony View Post
    I am assuming this is a result of contest dieting otherwise I have always had this and just never noticed.... I lose my period after every cut. After a month or so (once bodyfat is back up to normal) I get it back... Well... after my win at the MD State in Aug 2011 it is now Jan 2012 and I have yet to get it back... I have seen my obgyn and she just chalked it up to low body fat and tried prescribing me birth control to see if that raised my estrogen levels enough to trigger the darn thing.. I am not a fan of bc, so I did not fill the script (about a month ago).

I never really noticed my stomach as "distended" until it was pointed out to me... i just assumed the bloating was how my body reacted with carbs... now, after a few google searches, I am not so sure... I am not in any pain and aside from occasional gas I don't have any issues...

Getting an ultrasound soon... I read that it could be ovarian cysts(which can also keep a period away), abscence of a period can cause distention... and even a food allergy...

anyone have any experience with this? It's not like a preggo belly.. just bloating and pressure....

yesterday I picked up some digestive enzymes and a probiotic...

help!
    Sounds like food-related to me given the distension and gas. Not sure what carbs you are eating but try googling gluten sensitivity and see if the symptoms you are experiencing are similar. Might even try going gluten-free for a week and see what happens.

I had reason to suspect I was sensitive to gluten and changed my diet 3 weeks ago as an experiment. Huge difference for the better! Now, if I "cheat', I feel it. Good luck!

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mine wasn't gluten but it was food related. I'm allergic to oats, wheat and yeast, and other stuff. I would be fine in the morning when I woke up. If I stick with meat and veggies I'm fine. The safe grains for me are brown rice and quinoa. I went to get an allergy test and it helped a ton...a blood test not a skin test. You can get tested for celiac/gluten but you can't go gluten free beforehand or the test will be inaccurate.
    You may delay, but time will not - Ben Franklin

gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i swapped oats out for cream of rice for a week to see if it made a difference and no significant change...i had an ultrasound done and it revealed only the muscle belly...(tech commented on the amount of muscle)...i started taking probiotics as well as digestive enzymes and it has helped with the gas but the bottom as it turns out is just muscle....sooo looks like i will only look normal ripped lol fail....
    American Muscle Supply Sponsored Athlete