QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuaZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm Exercises: Necessary?

I've been working out pretty religiously for about 2 yrs and i've never really done anything to isolate my forearms. My arms have gotten quite a bit bigger and more cut, but my forearms are still pretty small. I think it could probably just be a genetic thing, but are forearm exercises really that necessary, and will they help me with my grip on other exercises? Thanks.

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some people are gifted with forearms that grow well doing every other movement. For others, I suggest hitting the forearms so they keep up with your upper arms.

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely work out your forearms, don't depend on non-isolation movements, plus you don't need many sets on them anyway
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    i like doing this ones a month on one of my rest days

Massive Forearm Scorcher:

Superset all the below back to back without resting in between.

1. Vertical Wrist Rotations with light dumbbell (10-25lbs) 30 sec

Standing up straight
    Feet slightly apart
    Arms hanging at sides with sufficient space to rotate dumbbells
    Hands holding dumbbells in same style as holding a dip bar at full extension
    Rotate left and right wrists simultaneously as great of an angle as possible
    for 1 minute

2. Horizontal Wrist Rotations with light dumbbell (10-25lbs) 30 sec

Immediately after finishing step 1 above
    Raise to parallel with the floor and force upper arms and elbows against
    body
    (arms should be like holding ski poles)
    Rotate left and right wrists simultaneously as great of an angle as possible
    for 1 minute

3. Behind back wrist Curl 30 Reps.

4. 30 second rest

5. Seated Palm Up Wrist Curl with Bar 30 Reps.

6. Seated Palm Down Wrist Curl with Bar 30 Reps.

7. Hammer Curls alternating left and right arms (total of 10 or so reps.
    per arm)

Repeat 1 - 7. (i prefer 4-5 times)

just keep your forearms in the right proportion with your upper arms it's ugly when you got small forearms and big upper arms

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    psssh, heavy deadlifts are all you need for forearms

other than that, wrist curls and forearm rollers (attach rope&weight to a bar, and roll it up and down) and excellent.
    Booo

bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000)

well

direct forearm excercises arent neccessary, but then again are bi/tri exercises, it just depends on your perspective

but what is neccessary, is that every member masters the search feature, as it answers commonly asked questions
    Now All We Need Is A little Energon And A Lot of Luck

More Than You Imagine Optimus Prime.......

aklap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Forearm Exercises: Necessary?

Originally posted by QuaZ
    are forearm exercises really that necessary, and will they help me with my grip on other exercises? Thanks.
    I don't think they are necessary if you're doing heavy deads, shrugs, pull-ups, etc...
    I enjoy working mine and just to work that ROM I do a few sets of hammer curls after biceps. Reverse curls w/ a cambered bar are good too.

milkl0ver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hand grippers work.. Also try doing farmer's walk. It's where you hold a heavy weight on both hands like grocery bags, and walk a certain distance (you choose)

Crowder25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by midian

just keep your forearms in the right proportion with your upper arms it's ugly when you got small forearms and big upper arms
    It goes the other way too, when I was doing carpentry, I had popeye arms

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    psssh, heavy deadlifts are all you need for forearms

other than that, wrist curls and forearm rollers (attach rope&weight to a bar, and roll it up and down) and excellent.
    I don't think deads alone will build your forearms up

if your using an alternate grip then your forearms are doing less work to hold it there, if your using the same grip with each hand, your grip is probubly what's holding you back

Hellslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't