Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Innerspring versus Memory foam mattress....

We are bed shopping. Have not had a new one in a very long time. The 30 second test at the store tells me nothing, as any of them are better that what we currently have. I know it will boil down to personal preference, but when spending this kind of money, I'd like more info than the salesman can provide.

Anyone switch from one to the other. Comments about improved sleep, or less than expected sleep.

We currently have a regular old spring mattress, which is only slightly better than sleeping on a board. Sadly, due to space issues, we are switching from a King size, to a Queen size. Being 90lbs lighter than I was back then should make this a smoother transition.

Being that rest is a big part of Eat, lift, rest, repeat, I thought this would be as good as anyplace to ask.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The worst (and similar) negative comments I could find while researching this same subject was that "tempur-pedic" type memory foam would trap moisture, and cause some people to sweat. Honestly, I never could find any proof of this, as I looked into it further. Bedding is crazy expensive. That is, for quality bedding.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    The worst (and similar) negative comments I could find while researching this same subject was that "tempur-pedic" type memory foam would trap moisture, and cause some people to sweat. Honestly, I never could find any proof of this, as I looked into it further. Bedding is crazy expensive. That is, for quality bedding.

That was about the only negative thing I could find too. Otherwise, it "seems" like foam is the one getting most of the good reviews.

danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't just flop onto one of these. It's like landing on a rock!
    Ummm...at least I heard that....

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I sold mattresses for years so i can help.

Of course everyone is different but the one type of mattress that was returned the most was the tempurpedic. too sweaty, also it is sensetive to the weather so if its colder it will feel harder and so on. They are also insanely heavy so making the bed can be a concern. plus the cost a fortune, someone has to pay for that advertising.

They do however have a huge advertising campaign behind them so people will convince themsleves that they are the best thing ever because thats what tv told them so they dont want to feel different and somehow different then anyone else.

Some people love them as well.

Now look ate simmons and sealy mattreses. traditionally the tops sellers of all brand with little to no advertising. this is because hey provide any comfort level you can ask for at a decent price. if they were crappy then everyone in the world would know it by now.

I personally have a sealy posturepedic, mid range model with a moderate pillowtop. I am not concermed with motion transfer because i sleep alone.

if you are married then i would go for the simmons beautyrest. individually pocketed coils that reduce motion transfer bewteen partners.

These are the beds I would sell people when the brought back their tempurpedics. I would never hear from them again because these will sove the problem.

Now look at the comfort level you want. The will all have stiffer coils around the edge for supporrt.

The firm ones are like a cement slab and stay that way because they have edge coils throught the whole thing. asians and east indians love these models. most westerners do not.

The plush ones have the regular edge coild with normal poscketed coils the rest of the way. the plushness will come from the foam layers. they might have a measure of pillowtop or might not.

The softest ones are the big pillowtops. these models would also get retuned because they are just too damn soft sometimes.

here is how you get the best price. There are a couple places you can shop. 1- a place like a furniture store where the prices are fixed. its easy to find out, just ask them. 2- sleep shops where the price is negotiable. 3- places like costco.

costco has probably the best prices so the trick is to find one you like in a sleep store, write down the foan layers then compare it to costco. you wont be able to try thatm at costco but they will be close enough.

If you dont have this in your area then you can work the price at the sleep shop. They are very eager to sell their items so never pay full price. if someone bought something from me at full price it was shocking.

need any more help let me know.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We have the original temper-pedic and will not likely go back to an inner spring. I sleep hot and it can be a touch warm in the summer once it warms up. "Apparently" the newer versions are even better with the surface foam and cover better managing heat build up.

The only down side for me...if we "play" on my side of the bed, it heats the foam up and I will have to wait a few minutes before getting back in bed so it, and I, can cool off.

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A few years ago we bought one of those sleep number matresses. Cost a bit of money, has a lifetime warranty, never a better penny has been spent as far as I'm concerned.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    B, I tell it to you this way...

Had a spring mattress for pretty much my entire life. When the last one I had was ready to be replaced, the wife and I did a great deal of shopping around and "field testing." Tried additional spring mattresses, tried the "sleep number" and then came upon Tempurpedic. Ultimately, we went with the Tempurpedic Rhapsody model, with the adjustable base. It was one of the best decisions we ever made. I cannot begin to describe how much improved both of our sleep has been, as well as our overall function as a result of the support and contour the bed provides. It truly has been outstanding. Nearly two years in now, it has proven comfortable beyond words. As others have mentioned, it has never proven to be any "hotter" than any other mattress upon which I've slept.

All that said, you have to give them a try and see how it works for you. Speaking from experience with the Tempurpedic though, I can't recommend them highly enough. After having been gone away from home these past 2+ weeks, while there were some comfortable beds we slept on (and some horrible ones), we couldn't wait to get back home to the Tempurpedic.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very firm Sealy posturepedic for me.

Love it....wouldn't dream of changing for any reason.

Crupiea nailed it down for you!!!

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've slept on a generic memory foam mattress for the last 10 years. Although not a TP, the resiliency of the foam has held up well and, of course, was less expensive. I do use quality cotton sheets with a high thread count, which stay very cool, and I've had no issues with moisture or sweating.

The mattress is heavy, but I do not have issues making the bed, and I am known to put fresh sheets on the bed twice a week, not a PITA at all to do so. The only time you realize how heavy it is when you actually move it. I tend to flip my mattresses a couple times per year.

All in all, I would definitely buy this type of mattress again.
    Last edited by thepowerwithin; 01-03-2012 at 04:32 AM.

JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JJbra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    I sold mattresses for years so i can help.

Of course everyone is different but the one type of mattress that was returned the most was the tempurpedic. too sweaty, also it is sensetive to the weather so if its colder it will feel harder and so on. They are also insanely heavy so making the bed can be a concern. plus the cost a fortune, someone has to pay for that advertising.

They do however have a huge advertising campaign behind them so people will convince themsleves that they are the best thing ever because thats what tv told them so they dont want to feel different and somehow different then anyone else.

Some people love them as well.

Now look ate simmons and sealy mattreses. traditionally the tops sellers of all brand with little to no advertising. this is because hey provide any comfort level you can ask for at a decent price. if they were crappy then everyone in the world would know it by now.

I personally have a sealy posturepedic, mid range model with a moderate pillowtop. I am not concermed with motion transfer because i sleep alone.

if you are married then i would go for the simmons beautyrest. individually pocketed coils that reduce motion transfer bewteen partners.

These are the beds I would sell people when the brought back their tempurpedics. I would never hear from them again because these will sove the problem.

Now look at the comfort level you want. The will all have stiffer coils around the edge for supporrt.

The firm ones are like a cement slab and stay that way because they have edge coils throught the whole thing. asians and east indians love these models. most westerners do not.

The plush ones have the regular edge coild with normal poscketed coils the rest of the way. the plushness will come from the foam layers. they might have a measure of pillowtop or might not.

The softest ones are the big pillowtops. these models would also get retuned because they are just too damn soft sometimes.

here is how you get the best price. There are a couple places you can shop. 1- a place like a furniture store where the prices are fixed. its easy to find out, just ask them. 2- sleep shops where the price is negotiable. 3- places like costco.

costco has probably the best prices so the trick is to find one you like in a sleep store, write down the foan layers then compare it to costco. you wont be able to try thatm at costco but they will be close enough.

If you dont have this in your area then you can work the price at the sleep shop. They are very eager to sell their items so never pay full price. if someone bought something from me at full price it was shocking.

need any more help let me know.

never ****ing buy a bed from COSTCO. op send me a pm and i'll help you out

So far, I am "leaning" in the direction of the foam ( I was even when I left the store). As I said, I think I could go either way, but do like the idea of the motion free aspect of the foam, as well as the support. I haven't slept good in years (srs), and I need to get this right. That pillow top mattress felt good too however.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i have a pillow top and we put a foam top (like 4") over the top of it a couple of years ago - now i think i would want the foam mattress

also a guy at our office got the foam several months ago and i am sick of him telling me how great it is.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 220# when I roll over on a regular bed, say at a hotel, it always wakes my wife up. Rarely happens on the Temper.

We typically can't wait to get home to my own bed.

tpw- changing the sheets twice a week means somebody had a good week!

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We had a spring mattress for years...put a memory foam topper on it a few years back. We both still got back aches. A few months ago we bought a Serta iComfort Revolution. It's memory foam infused with cooling gel. It's the most comfortable mattress I've ever been on, and I no longer wake up with a sore back. It's rather expensive, but to wake up without pain every day, it's worth it.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    We had a spring mattress for years...put a memory foam topper on it a few years back. We both still got back aches. A few months ago we bought a Serta iComfort Revolution. It's memory foam infused with cooling gel. It's the most comfortable mattress I've ever been on, and I no longer wake up with a sore back. It's rather expensive, but to wake up without pain every day, it's worth it.
    We are (as most do) trying to split the difference between quality and price. IOW, I know my limits, and I will have to get something which will allow us to still eat this month. There are a lot of sales right now, so that helps.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I've slept on a generic memory foam mattress for the last 10 years. Although not a TP, the reliciancy of the foam has held up well and, of course, was less expensive. I do use quality cotton sheets with a high thread count, which stay very cool, and I've had no issues with moisture or sweating.

The mattress is heavy, but I do not have issues making the bed, and I am known to put fresh sheets on the bed twice a week, not a PITA at all to do so. The only time you realize how heavy it is when you actually move it. I tend to flip my mattresses a couple times per year.

Same here.^^I went to the stores first to try a few different kinds. I ended up buying mine on overstock.com. It took me a couple nights to get used of it, but I'm hooked! I love my bed and I didn't pay a ton of $$ for my mattress.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I do use quality cotton sheets with a high thread count, which stay very cool, and I've had no issues with moisture or sweating.

We have a temper and I say ditto to all the above. My husband ended up wanting one because for whatever reason he always manages to "taco" spring mattresses (even though he says he's always flipped them and even when he weighed little more than I do!). Rolling into the center of the bed and having no choice to sleep on top of each other was amusing at first but...LOL Tempers, supposedly, never need to be flipped and we haven't flipped ours yet. We've had ours for a little over 2 years and there are no signs of wear.

I'm always cold and my husband is always hot, but we are both able to sleep comfortably, temperature wise. Shoot, I still get cold. The only thing on our bed that seems to retain an obnoxious amount of heat at times is our down comforters...maybe the temper adds to that, but not so much that kicking a blanket off doesn't fix the issue. When my back is really sore, it's actually amazing to lay on, flat on my back. It might not be the kinda bed you want to jump on, but it doesn't feel hard when you sink down into it. I'm normally a side-sleeper and my husband normally sleeps on his back and we both like the comfortable support it gives.

It's not at all difficult to make the bed...in fact, I think it's easier as the sheets seem to grip the mattress better (no pulling one side over and having another pop up). It's not at all difficult to lift a corner of the mattress. On the other hand, we have moved several times in the last couple of years and that's the biggest PITA because the mattress weighs 2 tons! I've gotten quite a workout trying to move the sucker 2 inches so it would be centered in the room the way I wanted. Soooo...if you move a lot, that is something to consider.

My husband may be a little more sold on the temper than I am. I would be willing to try another mattress...but I always want to try new things, regardless of whether what I have is working or not. Ha! He loves their pillows, too. I gave them a chance, but really want to go back to a "normal" pillow that I can curl into.

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a beautyrest with the pillow top for 10 years and I really liked it but it formed dents on each side even though I turned it. We looked for a year I swear, to get a new bed. We went with the rhapsody temper and I really do like it more. It took me almost the whole 30 days to get used to it...they had a return policy. I think we've had it about 6 years with no problems. I don't think it's a miracle cure for back pain but I don't have many sleepless nights. I don't think it gets too hot, unless it's just hot weather. I do recommend the waterproof terry cloth mattress pad...
    You may delay, but time will not - Ben Franklin

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    We are (as most do) trying to split the difference between quality and price. IOW, I know my limits, and I will have to get something which will allow us to still eat this month. There are a lot of sales right now, so that helps.
    I understand. We applied for a Sears card to get the discount and then charged it to that. Will be paying it off ASAP.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been looking into mattresses, too, as I believe my current bed is related to the sleep & back issues I've been suffering the last 4 years. Based on my research, Tempur-pedic seemed to be the way to go, so I began looking into more affordable alternatives. I think I found what I'm looking for and am just waiting to locate & purchase a new bed to fit it (currently using a metal frame and box spring with no support rails, which won't work with a slab of foam). If you're considering a memory foam bed, then I would suggest you take a look at this. It has nearly a full 5-star review after 1,799 votes. I'd say that's a pretty valid census, and a pretty good deal at $359 for a queen!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations/7695950
    Sgt, USMC

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This was some of the best money I've ever spent:

Sleep Studio 3-Inch ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress

Put it on top of your existing, crappy mattress and suddenly it's unbelievably comfortable. Only cost about a hundred bucks.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

We just got back from another store. Ughhh. We are now considering an inner spring with a memory foam pillow top. If I were not switching bed sizes, I'd most likely opt (for now) a memory foam top pad to sit on the current mattress. We went to the only store in town who produces their mattresses in a factory right here in town. I do like the idea of supporting a local company. They can customize the firmness exactly to what we want, which is pretty cool. We also picked out a pedestal, so we are getting closer.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We just got back from another store. Ughhh. We are now considering an inner spring with a memory foam pillow top. If I were not switching bed sizes, I'd most likely opt (for now) a memory foam top pad to sit on the current mattress. We went to the only store in town who produces their mattresses in a factory right here in town. I do like the idea of supporting a local company. They can customize the firmness exactly to what we want, which is pretty cool. We also picked out a pedestal, so we are getting closer.
    Just saw this and haven't had time to keep up. Fwiw, my last bedding purchase included a "hard" surface mattress (my preference), but I purchased a very nice Ralph Lauren down feather bed to go under the mattress cover (like, 2.5" thick!). I have been in live with this choice for about 8yrs or so. I have the basic stiff support that I need, but simultaneously have the feeling of plush comfort...if that makes any sense .

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Just saw this and haven't had time to keep up. Fwiw, my last bedding purchase included a "hard" surface mattress (my preference), but I purchased a very nice Ralph Lauren down feather bed to go under the mattress cover (like, 2.5" thick!). I have been in live with this choice for about 8yrs or so. I have the basic stiff support that I need, but simultaneously have the feeling of plush comfort...if that makes any sense .
    That makes perfect sense, and is basically how my wife described this mattress tonight. She thinks the basic foam is going to be too soft. She likes having the support underneath the foam. The price was good too, which makes it attractive to me as well. Has a 15 year warranty. Never had a bed with a warranty.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That makes perfect sense, and is basically how my wife described this mattress tonight. She thinks the basic foam is going to be too soft. She likes having the support underneath the foam. The price was good too, which makes it attractive to me as well. Has a 15 year warranty. Never had a bed with a warranty.
    this sounds like a good way to go.

Manufactures, especially the local ones, will usually buy their coils from an outside company. They might also make them themselves. doesnt really matter. They will be decent enough for your needs.

Its like dbx said. the firm support, that comes from the coils, then the softness or comfort layers go on top of that.

Now start working them on the price. A bed like the ones you are looking at will be similar to a sealy posturepedic or a serta perfect sleeper. similar coils systems just done a but different desighn wise.

Take 50% off the price and see what their response is. If i had a customer come in and say he will take a certain bed right now for 50% off i would take it all day. easy money. not alot of it but easy none the less.

You will most likely need the box spring to keep the warranty intact so look into this. of course the mattress alone by itself will be cheaper then the set and the platform will work fine as well. just something to consider.

Something else to consider is that new ones are way taller then old ones so measure the height before you get it home to make sure its doable. i made my own headboard years ago and when I bought my new mattress its way taller then my old one so now about 3 inches of headboard are visable.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bought my mattress from Verlo 7 yrs ago, they make everything in their factories which in reality are just the backroom of their showrooms. Double pillow top and it weighs a ton, seriously this thing is a pain in the ass to flip because of the size, it's a california king and the weight. I love it and lseep like a baby, my wife however has hated it from day one.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

jbrack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should consider trying a bed in a box memory foam mattress. I purchased the PacBamboo 13" Queen 2 yrs ago. The one thing that got me to buy it over a local store was being able to try it for 120 days & money back. The people I talked to seemed very honest & helpful.

mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattressstx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi...I would like to suggest you about foam mattress. This is very soft and relaxing. It is also very beneficial for those having back pain. I have been using this mattress from past 2 years. Just give it a try... I am sure you will love it.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mattressstx View Post
    Hi...I would like to suggest you about foam mattress. This is very soft and relaxing. It is also very beneficial for those having back pain. I have been using this mattress from past 2 years. Just give it a try... I am sure you will love it.
    It has been 7 months -- My guess is that he has decided on a mattress by now.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.