Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Purrty flowers. SRS

What did your prep coach have to say?

btw...that's a hell of a lot of work over the weekend!
    Thanks, Brian. Took the pics with one of my better cameras. Regarding coaching session, basically everything was good. Think that I've mentioned this before...situation is a bit unusual in that I met him thru one of my best friends (an >40 amateur bb) and had known him about a year prior to deciding that I wanted him to work with me. My friend (who's currently working with him twice/month) had gone to H.S. with him; thus they'd been buds for over 20 years. Initially, I was a bit skeptical that things would work out as all my early coach-trainee interactions (from about age 12 thru college) devolved into "love-hate" relationships. Ignoring age (am older than his parents, whom I know), I've grown rather accustomed to giving orders and not taking them. Additionally, tho I feel that I'm rather laid-back, I've been told all my life that I'm exceedingly intimidating. Those were the reasons why I was initially skeptical. Guess perhaps that I've matured a bit, i.e. learned to keep my mouth shut, not argue, and make excuses. Thus, off the clock there's a lot of comradery, whereas on the clock it's all business despite occasional joking around during short rest periods. To keep this short, and address your question. He's satisfied with the 5 x 10 program, however, because of continuing concerns of overtraining wants me to limit exercises to no more than 3 per body part being worked except on leg days. Keep the cardio to 35 minutes 5 days/wk. "Get the most out of your FTPs by concentrating on controlled, full ROM with proper breathing. That doesn't mean you have carte-blanche to use lighter weights than you're currently using. Stay out the gym altogether on the 2 off-days." That's a hard one for me as inactivity drives me crazy. "No swimming as a form of cardio." Lower legs are exceedingly vascular, but quads need some work; add in a specific exercise or two on Saturday. Get my BF% down; make the cuts in my meals that are already in place and get my fats up. Also work in one or 2 Bi exercises on Friday. We had initially planned on moving to 1 hr sessions on Saturdays, 5 days wks out from the INBA show. That's now on hold due the fact that the date has not yet been determined. Once we make that change it will necessitate shifting exercise daus around some. Being a pro natural bb, he understands but doesn't necessarily agree with me as to why I want to put the NPC show out of the picture. Late entry cut-off is the end of June...not saying that I'll change my mind...but it could happen.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work of late sir, as always. Also, excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing those. I relayed it...somewhere here...once before, but long, long ago, back in Northern California, I had a job at a nursery; a job to which I was promoted after having worked the manure pile at that store, literally shoveling crap into bags, pick-up beds, whatever...all day, every day, all summer. Anyway, when I finally rose to the gig within the nursery, I eventually became a California Certified Nurseryman. I loved that job, particularly early mornings. I would ride to work on whatever vintage motorcycle I had at the time, open up the nursery, and it was just me and the plants, trees and flowers. Water them, etc. Nice, quiet, meditative and peaceful. Anyway, that blabbering said...point being, I truly appreciated your pics, particularly the hibiscus. Nice indeed.

HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

May 8, 2012 FTP - Legs (Rotation B)

Yesterday's Macros:

Calories: 2080
    Protein: 242
    Carbs: 125
    Fat: 81

Went to the gym at 6:35 a.m. and did 25 minutes of LISS cardio on the Treadmill (Cross-Country, 4.2) followed by 10 minutes on the Rowing Machine. Then did 3 sets of 15 dips (bw) and 3 sets of 10 chin-ups (bw). Weigh-in before cardio was 178 lbs.

Afternoon - Legs (Rotation B)

Pre-workout: 1 Cup of Black Coffee.
    During: 1 Scoop of Xtend.
    Post-workout; 1 Scoop of Re-Con mixed at the gym and consumed on the drive home. Approximately 45 minutes later 1 Scoop of Iso-100.

Warm-up:
    10 minutes on Stairmaster (Fat Burner Level 8)
    Side-lying leg raises 1 x 10@side
    Half-kneeling dynamic hip flexor stretches 1 x 10@side
    Standing shins stretches 1 x 10@side
    Standing quadriceps stretches 1 x 10@side
    Seated hamstring stretches 1 x 10@side
    Hurdler stretch stretches 1 x 10@side

Angled Leg Presses (Normal Foot Position)
    1 x 10 x 100 (warm-up)
    3 x 10 x 400
    1 x 10 x 450
    1 x 15 x 450

Calf Presses
    4 x 10 x 300
    1 x 15 x 300

Sumo Hack Squats
    1 x 10 x 200 warm-up
    4 x 10 x 300
    1 x 15 x 300

Barbell Squats (Wide stance)
    4 x 10 x 180
    1 x 15 x 181

Hip Abductions
    2 x 10 x 145
    2 x 10 x 150
    1 x 15 x 150

Seated Leg Curls
    2 x 10 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150
    1 x 15 x 150

Seated Calf Raises
    2 x 10 x 125
    2 x 10 x 135
    1 x 12 x 135

Added exercise - Front Box Squats (using a Stool)
    4 x 10 x 130
    1 x 15 x 130

Cool-down/Cardio: 35 minutes on Recumbent Bike, Resistance = 9

Observations: Today's workout went very smoothly with no interruptions or waiting for machines or the squat rack. Adhered to plan, stayed focused, timed everything and increased reps on the last set of all exercises to 15. Finished all planned exercises in record time, finishing early than expected. Thus, added in Front Box Squats as my quads need a lot of work.

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    Taking note of the 5 sets of 10 reppers. Im seeing that protocol working well for quite a few folks in journals I follow. Maybe I need to pay more attention good session today Bob.
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Nice work Bob.
    Thanks, Rich and Larry. Think that I've perhaps found my niche with the 5 x 10 FTP. It's not a big negative, but sort of miss a lot of exercises for specific bodyparts, especially for bi's and tri's, that I enjoy doing. Requires making some tough decisions if you're only selecting 6 or 7 exercises/bodypart for an A & B plan.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    It's not a big negative, but sort of miss a lot of exercises for specific bodyparts, especially for bi's and tri's, that I enjoy doing. Requires making some tough decisions if you're only selecting 6 or 7 exercises/bodypart for an A & B plan.
    I will put this in the positive side of the ledger for you. If your connective tissue is health enough to have more exercises to pull from, that is a great thing. Believe me... I am a guy who is very limited in my choices...

Good on you, Bob!

BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've grown rather accustomed to giving orders and not taking them. Additionally, tho I feel that I'm rather laid-back, I've been told all my life that I'm exceedingly intimidating.
    This doesn't seem like you. I always feel relaxed entering your journal. Now I am a kinda scared.

May 9, 2012 - FTP - Back and Triceps -"B Week" Rotation

Yesterday's Macros:

Calories: 1987
    Protein: 224
    Carbs: 131
    Fat: 68

6:45 a.m. 35 minutes of LISS Cardio this morning on the Elliptical followed by Unweighted Dips (5 x 10) and Unweighted Hyperextensions (Forward and Reverse - 3 x 15@)

Afternoon: Back and Triceps ("B Week" Rotation)

Pre-work: 1 Cup of Black Coffee.
    During: 1 Scoop of XTend.
    Post-workout: PM Shakes: 1 Scoop of MP's Re-Con. 45 minutes later 1 Scoop of Iso-100.

Warm-up
    10 minutes on Stairmaster at Fat Burner level 8
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 3 x 12 x 40 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Abductions to 75 deg 3 x 12 x 40 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 3 x 12 x 40 lbs.

One arm Dumbbell Rows
    1 x 10 x 35 (Warm-up)
    4 x 10 x 60
    1 x 10 x 65

T-Bar Rows
    1 x 10 x 70 on bar (Warm-up)
    3 x 10 x 125 on bar
    1 x 10 x 130 on bar
    1 x 15 x 135 on bar

Seated V-Grip Rows
    4 x 10 x 150
    1 x 10 x 160

Standing Tricep Push-downs
    2 x 10 x 130
    1 x 10 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150

Flat Bench Close Grip Tricep Press
    2 x 10 x 115
    3 x 10 x 120

Seated Reverse Wide Grip Pull-downs
    3 x 10 x 150
    2 x 10 x 165

Lying Tricep Extensions Across the Face
    2 x 10 X 30@arm
    3 x 10 x 32.5@arm

Cool-down: 15 minutes on Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10) and 3 sets of 15 bent knee crunches on a half-ball.

[/B]Observations:[/B] Basically, workout went well. Nothing exciting or stellar as I really didn't attempt to move up in either reps or weights. Think I've found my niche in terms of completing the Back exercises prior to moving on to the easier Tri exercises. Can probably be faulted on the basis of not trying to progress, weight-wise, but in the short term I don't want to risk going heavier and ending up with potential shoulder, back or arm injuries. Just seems that there are times when it's best to err on the side of confidence rather than take changes.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Great work of late sir, as always. Also, excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing those. I relayed it...somewhere here...once before, but long, long ago, back in Northern California, I had a job at a nursery; a job to which I was promoted after having worked the manure pile at that store, literally shoveling crap into bags, pick-up beds, whatever...all day, every day, all summer. Anyway, when I finally rose to the gig within the nursery, I eventually became a California Certified Nurseryman. I loved that job, particularly early mornings. I would ride to work on whatever vintage motorcycle I had at the time, open up the nursery, and it was just me and the plants, trees and flowers. Water them, etc. Nice, quiet, meditative and peaceful. Anyway, that blabbering said...point being, I truly appreciated your pics, particularly the hibiscus. Nice indeed.
    Thanks, FIM; your response means a lot to me. Found your story interesting and know exactly what you mean in terms of enjoying the calm, peace and serenity of being surrounded by flowers, trees and plants. Perhaps I'm too much of an introvert, but some mornings and evenings I'm content just to sit in my backyard and do nothing but enjoy nature's beauty. Guess the same thing accounts for why I hate jogging around the neighborhood on pavement. When I was actively jogging 3 miles/day, I'd generally drive 8 miles one way just so that I could run one of the local nature trails. Your mentioning vintage motorcycles also peaked. My father-in-law, an AF Col., raced Indians as a hobby in the 40s and 50s and his brother used to own a large motocycle store in San Antonio. Have a good friend that owns a bike shop specializing in restoring vintage bikes. Tho most of my buddies (one has 2 Victories and 3 HDs) still ride on Sat. & Sunday morning, I gave up bikes about 6 years ago and sold mine (one a dirt bike). My oldest son-in-law still races dirt bikes, tho he's not as active in the Texas circuit as he was during college and his younger days.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I will put this in the positive side of the ledger for you. If your connective tissue is health enough to have more exercises to pull from, that is a great thing. Believe me... I am a guy who is very limited in my choices...

Good on you, Bob!
    Thanks, Steve. Know that I'm extremely fortunate and blessed in that regard.

On another note, regarding your post in Brian's journal: " Ain't that the truth. I've got just a little over 4 months and I feel your sense of urgency."

What's worse than knowing that you're X weeks/months from a show? [red] Not knowing how many weeks, as a definite date hasn't been set yet.[/red] What's even worse than that? The fact that your gym is temporarily closing for 3 to 4 weeks sometime during that period of time. Don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but the gym started construction last month, adding on an additional 14,000 sq. ft. and is closing sometime in June or July for up to 4 weeks for renovations, additional new equipment etc. Thus, I've known for a few weeks that all this was coming. Guess, I'd just been trying to bury it in my subconscious. Wake up call came yesterday when the Assistant Manager approached me while doing one arm DB rows and asked what my intentions were during the closure. Am lucky to have several options, it's just that none of them are too much to my liking.

Originally Posted by BikerLifter View Post
    This doesn't seem like you. I always feel relaxed entering your journal. Now I am a kinda scared.
    Thanks, BikerLifter. Am laughing at that last sentence as I see myself more a big old teddy bear.

Off-day is the worst oxymoron in my vocabulary. Finally home at 8:00 p.m. with screwed up macros for the day. Just getting around to posting yesterday's workout. Aside from 3 hours of yard work this a.m., today has bordered on being a total waste. Have fallen so far behind in reading and posting to other journals that it's not funny. Seems like I'm on spread with everyone except the trolls.....may consider giving reps to guys in the red...perhaps that will correct the situation.
    Last edited by HoustonTXMuscle; 05-11-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Stay out the gym altogether on the 2 off-days." That's a hard one for me as inactivity drives me crazy.
    FWIW, I was the same way, training-wise, at one time. I didn't realize it, and had to have it pointed out to me by my at-the-time RL mentor that I was grinding myself into dust from too much training.

I think that's a lesson that all of us must learn from experience.

... but sort of miss a lot of exercises for specific bodyparts, especially for bi's and tri's, that I enjoy doing. Requires making some tough decisions if you're only selecting 6 or 7 exercises/bodypart for an A & B plan.
    I'm with you here too, Bob. So many excellent exercises, such limited recovery ability!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

May 10 and 11, 2012

May 10, 2012 - Off-Day

Yesterday's Macros

Calories: 1987
    Protein: 224
    Carbs: 131
    Fat: 68

Probably a good thing that I didn't even go to the gym for cardio and light core this morning, as later in the day discovered that the 3/4 mile stretch of Ranch Road is closed for repairs until further notice. Whereas my normal route is less than 2 miles with 2 stop signs, the detour is closer to 7 miles and 6 stop lights in stop and go traffic.

May 11, 2012 Shoulder and Traps -"B Week" Rotation

Yesterday's Macros

Calories: 1883
    Protein: 190
    Carbs: 103
    Fat: 73

6:50 a.m. (Later than usual due to detour) - 35 minutes of LISS Cardio this morning on the Elliptical followed by Unweighted Dips (5 x 10) and Unweighted Hyperextensions (Forward and Reverse - 3 x 15@)

Afternoon FTP- Shoulder and Traps - "B Week Rotation

Pre-work: 1 Cup of Black Coffee.
    During:1 Scoop of XTend.
    Post-work: PM Snack /Post-workout Shake: 1 Scoop of CellMass mixed at the gym and consumed on the drive home. Approximately 45 minutes later, 1 Scoop of Iso-100.

Weigh-in: 178 lbs

Warm-up:
    10 minutes on Treadmill (Cross-country at 4.2)
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 3 x 40 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Abductions to 75 deg 2 x 15 @ 40 lbs.
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 2 x 15 @ 40 lbs.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises/Front Raise Combo
    5 x 10/10 x 17.5

Precor Prone Angled Shoulder Press
    1 x 10 x 100 (Warm-up)
    4 x 10 x 135
    1 x 15 x 140

Machine Lateral Raises
    2 x 10 x 65
    3 x 10 x 70

MTS Iso-lateral Shoulder Press
    1 x 10 x 70 (warm-up)
    3 x 10 x 100
    2 x 10 x 110

Smith Shrugs in Front
    5 x 10 x 225

Arnold Dumbbell Presses

4 x 10 x 32.5@arm
    1 x 12 x 32.5@arm

Pec Dec Rear Delt Flies
    1 x 10 x 100
    4 x 10 x 110

Standing Plate Lifts
    4 x 10 x 35
    1 x 10 x 45

Added Exercises for Quads:

Sumo Hack Squats
    1 x 10 x 200 warm-up
    5 x 10 x 300

Barbell Squats (Wide stance)
    5 x 10 x 180

Post-Lifting Cool-down: 15 minutes on Ellipitcal (Incline 5, Resistance 10)

Observations: Rather typical Friday afternoon workout. Added in two exercises for quads (as per coach's suggestion). Angled Shoulder Presses were again supersetted with Machine Lateral Raises. As much as I'd like to increase weights on some of these exercises my right shoulder seems to be sending me messages that it's not a good idea. As an example, on the Iso-lateral Shoulder Presses, once I go above 100/arm, always have to lift the right in place with assistance from my stronger left arm.

Finally received notice that the INBA show has been moved to mid-August. Venue seems a bit strange as it's a smaller dance theater, unlike the theaters where previous shows have been held.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

May 12, 2012 - FTP - Abs and Core (Rotation B)

Yesterday's Macros:

6:05 a.m. 35 minutes of LISS cardio on the Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10).

Went back to the gym at 11:05; approximately 35 minutes after my mid-morning snack. Warm-up on Stairmill for 10 minutes (Fat Burner Level 8).

Prone Warm-up Combos: Series of incline bent elbow elevated hand-steps (15@hand) followed by 15 push-ups and a 1 minute elbow plank (feet are never moved and trunk is kept in a plank position) x 3

Straight Leg Raises on Flat Bench - 3 x 25

Windshield Wipers on Flat Bench - 5 x 12 (straight legs up position)

Sit-ups (bent knee) on a half-ball - 3 x 15

Dumbbell Side bends - 5 x 20 x 45 plate per side

Unassisted Chin-ups - 3 x 8 (body wt)

Crunches on the Nautilus Chair (110 lbs) - 3 different leg positions
    3 x 15@position

Kneeling Rope Pull-downs - 5 x 10 x 170

Hyperextensions (Unweighted Forward, Reverse, Each Side)
    3 x 10@ position

Added Bi Exercises/B]

Seated EZ BarBell Preacher Curls

1 X 10 X 40 (Warm-up)
    3 x 10 x 65
    1 x 10 x 70
    1 x 10 x 75

Dumbbell Concentration Curls
    3 x 10 x 45@arm
    2 x 10 x 50@arm

Cool-down: 15 minutes of Cardio on the Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10)

Observations: Typical late Saturday morning workout. A little longer than usual as I added in two Bi exercises as suggested by my coach. So much for trying to keep my head on straight, as I was supposed to do extra Bi's on Friday and Quads on Saturday. Did just the reverse.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good volume for a Saturday, I guess being retired Saturday is no different then the rest of the days. Did you guys get any of the rain that passed through Friday?
    Consistency = WIN

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13

David

May 13, 2012 - Off-Day

Yesterday's Macros:

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    FWIW, I was the same way, training-wise, at one time. I didn't realize it, and had to have it pointed out to me by my at-the-time RL mentor that I was grinding myself into dust from too much training.

I think that's a lesson that all of us must learn from experience.

I'm with you here too, Bob. So many excellent exercises, such limited recovery ability!
    Thanks, Bill. Probably can be accused of being slow-learner in this regard, despite knowing that overtraining can be one's greatest enemy. Generally the first thing that my prep coach will say to me is something like: I know you probably didn't slack, so more importantly did you take your off-days? And when I'm leaving he'll again stress staying out of the gym altogether at least two days/week.

Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    Good volume for a Saturday, I guess being retired Saturday is no different then the rest of the days. Did you guys get any of the rain that passed through Friday?
    Thanks, David. Tho everyday is sort of like a Saturday or holiday when one's retired, I still use a daily planner, keep to somewhat of a schedule (just a bit less rigorous), and do certain things on certain days. Just don't ask me what today's numerical date is cause I probably won't have the slightest idea. About the only time that comes into play is if I have a deadline. Even tho I relinquished my editorial positions, still end up with a review every 3 to 4 weeks. We were hit with severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings all Friday evening. The heaviest rain didn't hit until about 3 a.m. By 7 a.m. the rain gauge indicated roughly 3.5 inches. Plants were really happy.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

May 14 FTP - Chest & Biceps "A Rotation"

Yesterday's Macros:

Calories: 1919
    Protein: 231
    Carbs: 107

Went to the gym at 6:420 a.m. and did 25 minutes on the Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10) followed by 10 minutes on the Concept 2 Rower (max resistance).

Afternoon: Chest & Biceps "A Week" Rotation

Pre-work: 1 Cup of Black Coffee
    During: 1 Scoop of XTend
    Post-work: 1 Scoop of CellMass mixed at the gym and consumed on the drive home. Approximately 45 minutes later, 1 Scoop of Iso-100.

Warm-up:
    10 minutes on Stairmill (Fat Burner 10)
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 3 x 12 @40lbs
    CableShoulder Abductions to 75 deg 3 x 12 @ 50 lbs.*
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 3 x 12 @ 40 lbs

Additional warm-up on Star Trac Impact Chest Press Machine
    1 x 10 x 120
    1 x 10 x 135
    1 x 10 x 150

Barbell Incline Bench Press
    1 x 10 x 75 (Warm-up)
    3 x 10 x155
    1 x 10 x 160
    1 x 12 x 160

Barbell Preacher Curls
    1 x 10 x 65
    2 x 10 x 70
    1 x 10 x 75
    1 x 13 x 75

PecDec
    2 x 10 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150
    1 x 15 x 150

DB Incline Flies
    4 x 10 x 40@arm
    1 x 15 x 40@arm

Standing Zottman Curls
    2 x 10 x 27.5@arm
    2 x 10 x 30@arm
    1 x 12 x 30@arm

2 x 10 x 45@arm
    1 x 10 x 47.5@arm
    1 x 10 x 50@arm
    1 x 12 x 50@arm

Straight-arm Dumbbell Pullovers
    1 x 10 x 65
    2 x 10 x 70
    1 x 10 x 80
    1 x 15 x 80

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press
    2 x 10 x 45@arm
    2 x 10 x 47.5@arm
    1 x 13 x 47.5@arm

Cool-down
    15 minutes on Treadmill at Cross-Country Speed 4.2

Observations: Was satisfied with today's workout even tho nothing was really spectacular. Like 2 weeks ago, attempts were made to go for 15 reps on the last set of each exercise. Ended up hitting a few and missing some.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks solid arms should be feeling that curl work I bet! 50 minutes on the cardio machines... I miss cardio time, back at it soon though!
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    looking good in here Bob. I just switch to a chest/biceps in the same day. I really am liking that combo.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

May 15, 2012 FTP - Legs"A Week" Rotation

Yesterday's Macros:

Calories: 1949
    Protein: 248
    Carbs: 123

Major change in diet today was replacing top sirloin with 6 oz of grilled venison steak (255 cal, 51 g P and 4 g F); nice change. Due in part to asking my wife last week what she wanted for Mother's Day. Reply: Get your deer meat out of our freezer.

Went to the gym at 6:35 a.m. and did 25 minutes of LISS cardio on the Stairmill followed by 10 minutes on the Rowing Machine. Weigh-in before cardio was 178 lbs.

Afternoon workout: Legs "A Week" Rotation

Pre-work:1 cup of black coffee with a shot of Expresso
    During: 1 Scoop XTend
    Post-work: 1 Scoop of CellMass mixed at the gym and consumed on the way home. 45minutes later 1 Scoop of Iso-100.

Warm-up:
    Side-lying leg raises 1 x 10@side
    Half-kneeling dynamic hip flexor stretches 1 x 10@side
    Standing shins stretches 1 x 10@side
    Standing quadriceps stretches 1 x 10@side
    Seated hamstring stretches 1 x 10@side
    Hurdler stretch stretches 1 x 10@side
    Jogged a slow 9 minute mile on the treadmill at an incline of 2.

Front Box Squats (using a Stool)
    5 x 10 x 130

Smith Barbell Squats (Wide stance)
    3 x 10 x 210
    2 x 10 x 220

Walking lunges with 50 lb Barbell behind the head
    3 x 30 (15 @leg)

Hack Squats (Medium Stance)
    2 x 10 x 260
    2 x 10 x 270
    1 x 10 x 275

Leg Press Calf Presses
    3 x 10 x 400
    2 x 10 x 435

Hip Adductions
    5 x 10 x 300

Seated Leg Presses (Narrow Foot Position)
    3 x 10 x 350
    2 x 10 x 360

Seated Calf Raises
    1 x 10 x 130
    2 x 10 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150

Leg Extensions
    2 x 10 x 150
    2 x 10 x 160
    1 x 10 x 170

Lying Leg Curls
    1 x 10 x 70
    2 x 10 x 75
    2 x 10 x 80

Cool-down: 15 minutes on Recumbent Bike, Resistance of 11

Observations: Pretty typical leg day. Everything went fairly smoothly considering my allergies were acting up again and I entered the gym feeling as if my head was about to burst. Funny, how once I started sweating, my head seemed to clear. Didn't attempt to go for extra reps nor bump the weights up. Major change was using a 50 lb BB for the walking lunges (still doing them in the classroom with most of the lights turned off).
    Inactivity Kills!!!

Originally Posted by wedjim View Post
    Looks solid arms should be feeling that curl work I bet! 50 minutes on the cardio machines... I miss cardio time, back at it soon though!
    Thanks, Jim. I really look forward to Monday workouts more than any other day in the gym. Aside from coming off a rest day, my level of determination and the desire to challenge myself is probably at its highest level; much more so than later in the week. Wasn't always that way. I can remember last year when I thought that I'd never get past 35 lbs on concentrations curls or past 55 lbs on standing EZ bar curls.

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    looking good in here Bob. I just switch to a chest/biceps in the same day. I really am liking that combo.
    Thanks, Rich. When I embarked on an A & B Schedule, early this year, I switched to doing Back and Bi's together. That combination with 1 arm DB rows, alternate hammer curls, concentrations curls, etc. resulted in excessively long workout times. While I really don't have much of a time constraint, I prefer to keep my total afternoon workouts to less than 2 hrs and 15 minutes (including warm-up, stretching and cool-down). Switching back to doing Chest and Bi's on the same day made that possible.

For no reason at all, except to make this post a bit more entertaining, am including a pic of one of my Desert Roses. Started this off 8 years ago in a coffee cup. It's now in a 15 inch diameter pot and has a trunk about the size of my upper arm. During the winter months, every year, I bring it inside and it goes into a dormant phase shedding all it's leaves and resembling a dead tree trunk in a pot of dirt.

Inactivity Kills!!!

May 16, 2012 FTP - Back and Triceps -"A Week" Rotation

Yesterday's Macros:

Calories: 2054
    Protein: 250.2
    Carbs: 146.4
    Fat: 68.3

6:45 - 35 minutes of LISS cardio on the Elliptical. Then did Unweighted Dips (5 x 10) and Unweighted Hyperextensions (Forward and Reverse - 3 x 15@)

Afternoon: Back and Triceps "A Week" Rotation

Pre-work: 1 cup of black coffee
    During: 1 Scoop XTend
    Post-work: PM Snack /Post-workout Shakes : 1 Scoop of Cell-Mass in 2 cups of water; mixed at the gym and consumed on the drive home. Then approximately 45 later had an Iso-100 shake.

Warm-up
    10 minutes on Treadmill - slow 1 mile jog, Incline 2
    Wide Grip Pull-ups 5 x 8 pull-ups (bw)
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 2 x 12 x 40 lbs & 1 x 12 x 50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Abductions to 75 deg 1 x 12 x 40 lbs & 2 x 12 x 50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 3 x 12 x 40 lbs.

One arm Dumbbell Rows
    1 x 10 x 35 (Warm-up)
    2 x 10 x 55
    3 x 10 x 60

Skull-Crushers
    5 x 10 X 65

Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows
    1 x 10 x 50 (Warm-up)
    2 x 10 x 75
    2 x 10 x 85
    1 x 10 x 95

Flat Bench Close Grip Tricep Press
    2 x 10 x 115
    3 x 10 x 115

Seated Reverse Close Grip Pull-downs
    3 x 10 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150

Standing Tricep Push-downs
    1 x 10 x 120
    2 x 10 x 130
    2 x 10 x 135

Lat Machine Pull-downs
    3 x 10 x 100@arm
    2 x 10 x 110@arm

Decline Sit-Ups with 4.5 kg medicine ball
    3 x 12

Cool-down: 15 minutes on Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10)

Observations: Basically today's workout was similar to that of two weeks ago. Total time was a few minutes under 2 hours. Can generally whiz thru the Tricep exercises without hurrying the cadence and keep my rests between 30 and 45 seconds. May be an indication that I need to up the weights.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    May be an indication that I need to up the weights.
    Go for it!

Grat pic of your desert Rose, Bob; beautiful plant.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rolroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW, you look terrific. Most men would be please to look like you at age 50 let alone 72.

Hard work will always trump luck.

BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    'Shot of expresso' hehe, I seem to lose steam on Friday's as well but feel so motivated on Monday's workout, I think I get busy thinking of all the things I have to do on Sat/Sun. Does Xtend help any? Have you ever used a preworkout supp besides coffee? I might look into taking something like whiteflood after this month is done.

May 17, 2012 - Off-day

Typical off-day in terms of driving all over the city. Started out with a drive to the Med Ctr at 7:00 a.m. As some of you know, I never had a PCP and after retirement opted to use a cardiologist for semi-annual checkups. He's been a bit reluctant to carry out an T tests for about the last 2 years, saying that it's a waste of time and money and that most 30 year-olds would kill to have my levels. Thus, I decided to have a friend and former colleague draw my blood for testing. Basically just wanted to see if taking DAA and Triazole for 5 weeks had resulted in any changes. Once I get the results, I'll compare them to my baselines carried out on 3-12-2012.

Go for it!

Grat pic of your desert Rose, Bob; beautiful plant.
    Thanks, Bill. Yes, I definitely think it's time to push the wts on the Tri's up.

Originally Posted by rolroy View Post
    WOW, you look terrific. Most men would be please to look like you at age 50 let alone 72.

Hard work will always trump luck.
    Thanks for stopping by. Comments like yours are always greatly appreciated. Checked out your profile; your accomplishments are spectacular, especially getting your waist, BP and cholesterol down.

Originally Posted by BikerLifter View Post
    'Shot of expresso' hehe, I seem to lose steam on Friday's as well but feel so motivated on Monday's workout, I think I get busy thinking of all the things I have to do on Sat/Sun. Does Xtend help any? Have you ever used a preworkout supp besides coffee? I might look into taking something like whiteflood after this month is done.
    Thanks, BL. Over the past few years, I think I've tried every pre-wo on the market. Most of them, including Jack3D, 1MR, HemoRage, White Flood and SuperPumpMax do absolutely nothing for me. The exceptions, Noxipro, NanoVapor and Assault all seem to work for about two week and thereafter seem to have little effect on my performance. Was using Assault for several months and finally decided that I was only drinking it for the flavor (Raspberry Lemonade) and that it was a waste of money...not that a shot of expresso at Starbucks is all that cheap. On the other hand, , I personally feel that the money spent on BCAAs, such as XTend or AminoX, that I sip during workouts is money well spent.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

May 18, 2012 - Shoulder/Traps/Biceps - "A Week Rotation

Wednesday's Macros:

Target: 1980
    Calories: 1960
    Protein: 260
    Carbs: 121
    Fat: 74

Yesterday's Macros:

Target: 1860
    Calories: 1870
    Protein: 212
    Carbs: 111
    Fat: 70

6:45 a.m. Pre-dawn fasted LISS cardio - 35 minute on the Stairmill followed by 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 3 sets of 25 decline push-ups and 3 sets of b/w dips. Weigh-in before cardio was 176.5 lbs. (loss of 1.5 lbs since last week).

Early Afternoon FTP- Shoulder. Traps and Biceps - "A Week Rotation

Pre-work: 1 cup of black coffee with a shot of Expresso (at Starbucks)
    During:1 Scoop XTend
    Post-work: PM Snack /Post-workout Shake: 1 Scoop of CellMass mixed at the gym and approximately 45 minutes later 1 Scoop of Iso-100 at home.

Warm-up:
    10 minutes on Stairmaster (Fat Burner Level 8)
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 2 x 15 @ 40 lbs, 1 x 10 @ 50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Abductions to 75 deg 2 x 15 @ 40 lbs, 1 x 15 @ 50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 2 x 15 @ 40 lbs.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises/Front Raise Combo
    3 x 10/10 x 17.5
    2 x 10/10 x 20

Smith Seated Overhead Barbell Press
    5 x 10 x 135

Smith Shrugs in Front
    5 x 10 x 235

Pec Dec Rear Delt Flies
    3 x 10 x 100
    1 x 10 x 105
    1 x 10 x 110

Machine Lateral Raises
    4 x 10 x 65
    1 x 10 x 70

Standing Plate Lifts
    4 x 10 x 35
    1 x 15 x 35

MTS Iso-lateral Shoulder Press
    2 x 10 x 100
    3 x 10 x 110

Standing EZ BarBell Curls[/B]
    1 X 10 X 40 (Warm-up)
    3 x 10 x 65
    2 x 10 x 70

Seated Bicep Curl Machine - Add and Drop - Alternating Arms
    1 x 10 x 40@arm
    1 x 10 x 45@arm
    1 x 10 x 50@arm
    1 x 10 x 55@arm
    1 x 10 x 50@arm
    1 x 10 x 45@arm
    1 x 10 x 40@arm

Post-Lifting Cool-down: 15 minutes on Ellipitcal (Incline 5, Resistance 10)

Observations: Workout not much different than that of two weeks ago, except for a few baby steps and the addition of two bicep exercises. Used the Machine for curls rather than concentration curls as the former goes much faster and I can get more reps and sets in with rests only for pin movement.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

Pre-work: 1 cup of black coffee ....
    FWIW, ^^^^ this is the only pre-WO I've ever used, and it always works.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

May 19, 2012 - Abs, Core and Legs (Rotation A)

Yesterday's Macros:

No early morning cardio. Went to the gym at 10:30; approximately 30 minutes after my mid-morning snack. Warm-up on Stairmill for 10 minutes (Fat Burner Level 8).

Prone Warm-up Combos: Series of incline bent elbow elevated hand-steps (15@hand) followed by 15 push-ups and a 1 minute elbow plank (feet are never moved and trunk is kept in a plank position) x 3

Straight Leg Raises on Flat Bench - 3 x 25

Windshield Wipers on Flat Bench - 5 x 12 (straight legs up position)

Dumbbell Side bends - 5 x 20 x 45 plate per side

Unassisted Chin-ups - 3 x 8 (body wt)

Sit-ups (bent knee) on a half-ball - 3 x 15

Crunches on the Nautilus Chair (110 lbs) - 3 different leg positions
    3 x 15@position

Kneeling Rope Pull-downs - 5 x 10 x 170

Hanging Knee-ups with a 25 lb Dumbbell 3 x 20

Decline Side-twists with a 25 plate 3 x 15

Angled Leg Presses (Normal Foot Position)
    1 x 10 x 100 (warm-up)
    5 x 10 x 400

Sumo Hack Squats
    1 x 10 x 200 warm-up
    5 x 10 x 300

Seated Leg Curls
    1 x 10 x 140
    5 x 10 x 150

Calf Presses
    5 x 10 x 300

Hyperextensions (Unweighted Forward, Reverse, Each Side)
    3 x 10@ position

Cool-down: Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10)

Observations: Typical Saturday morning workout except that with the added leg exercises (twice/week) its really time consuming. Back home, however, to watch the last two periods of the Rangers-Devils game.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would love to see a Rangers - LA machup, realy would test the NY fans on start time for away games. Sounds like you might be a hockey fan, I went to game 5 in NJ for the Stars - Devils in 2000, Stars in overtime only to give it up in game 6 at home.
    Consistency = WIN

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13

David

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work sir, all around. Excellent sessions and love the continued pics.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Workouts are looking good, Bob!

You need to post that picture in here that you posted in the (now deleted) "muscle" thread. That was an impressive pic, my friend!

May 20, 2012 - Off-Day

Yesterday's Macros:

Target: 2080

FWIW, ^^^^ this is the only pre-WO I've ever used, and it always works.
    Thanks, Bill. Probably should have listened to friends that have been telling me for years that coffee is as good, if not better than most pre-wo.

Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    I would love to see a Rangers - LA machup, realy would test the NY fans on start time for away games. Sounds like you might be a hockey fan, I went to game 5 in NJ for the Stars - Devils in 2000, Stars in overtime only to give it up in game 6 at home.
    Thanks, David. Also want to see the Rangers vs. Kings in the finals, knowing that it will probably affect my sleep pattern (if they go into OT). Fan? Tho it's been years since I've been to an NHL game, have had season tickets for the Aeros dating back to when they were in the IHL. About 1/2 the non-personal memorabilia in my study is hockey related. My study has often been referred to as a teenager's dream or a house-keeper's nightmare; may be a sr. citizen, but still a teenager at heart.

Signed Stars stick from 2000 hangs on one wall:

On the opposite wall, above the door to the bathroom hangs the following sign.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Great work sir, all around. Excellent sessions and love the continued pics.
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Workouts are looking good, Bob!

You need to post that picture in here that you posted in the (now deleted) "muscle" thread. That was an impressive pic, my friend!
    Thanks, FIM and Steve. Hope my posting of that pic wasn't in part related to the thread getting deleted. Knew it was probably off-topic, but sometimes I get pissed when some guys (usually Trolls) do nothing more than to attack others or make negative comments. Will try and take a few better pics next time I take my camera to the gym.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

May 21, 2012 FTP - Chest and Biceps "B Week" Rotation

Yesterday's Macros (Intentional Cheat):

Calories: 2633
    Protein: 251
    Carbs: 193
    Fat: 103

Granddaughter's Birthday/Swim Party. As per coach's request, stayed away from the gym today. Had planned on eating a cheat meal lunch, but didn't realize until after I posted everything in myfitnesspal just how bad it was. Two slices of cheese pizza, 1 small slice of red velvet cake with cream icing and one Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream sandwich really messed things up. First pizza that I'd had in over a year and a half.

Went to the gym at 6:250 a.m. and did 35 minutes of cardio on the Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10) followed by 100 hard and slow crunches with legs up, extended straight. Then 3 sets of 25 decline push-ups with feet elevated on a stability ball.

Afternoon: Chest & Biceps "B Week" Rotation

Post-work: Post-workout Shakes: 1 Scoop of CellMass mixed at the gym and consumed on my drive home. Approximately 45 minutes had an and Iso-100 shake (1 Scoop).

Warm-up:
    10 minutes on Stairmaster (Fat Burner Level 8) followed by 3 sets of 25 regular push-ups which I should have done this morning.
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 1 x 15 @30 lbs, 1 x 12 @40lbs, and 1 x 10 @50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Abductions to 75 deg 1 x 15 @ 40 lbs and 2 x 12 @ 50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs

Standing EZ BarBell Curls
    1 X 15 X 40 (Warm-up)
    2 x 12 x 60
    2 x 10 x 60
    1 x 8 x 65

Spiderman Curls on Incline Bench
    3 x (3/3/4) x 22.5@arm ( /= pause & wrist-turn)
    2 x (3/3/4) x 25@arm ( /= pause & wrist-turn)

3 x 15 x 45@arm
    1 x 12 x 50@arm
    1 x 10 x 50@arm

PecDec
    2 x 15 x 140
    1 x 12 x 145
    1 x 10 x 150
    1 x 7 x 155

Incline Barbell Bench Press
    1 x 10 x Bar only
    1 x 15 x 90 (Warm-up)
    1 x 12 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150
    1 x 6 x 155

Decline Barbell Bench Press
    1 x 15 x 130
    1 x 12 x 130
    2 x 10 x 130
    1 X 8 X 135

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flies
    1 x 15 X 40@arm
    2 x 12 x 40@arm
    2 x 10 x 42.5@arm

Cool-down - 15 minutes on Treadmill at Cross-Country Speed 4.2

Observations: Rather that stick to a 5 x 10 routine today, decided to increase the reps on the first set to 15 and on the second to 12 on several of the exercises and finally try for 10 on the last set increasing the weights a little. Didn't go too well, as I failed to get past 6 to 8 reps on most of the last sets.

Gym announced today that at the end of this week, the doors will close until July 7. Thus, starting next week, morning cardio is out unless I swim or jog around the lake. Option is to do cardio after afternoon workouts at one of the SuperSports in Houston.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

Yesterday's Macros (Intentional Cheat):

Calories: 2633
    Protein: 251
    Carbs: 193
    Fat: 103

Granddaughter's Birthday/Swim Party. As per coach's request, stayed away from the gym yesterday. Had planned on eating a cheat meal lunch, but didn't realize until after I posted everything in myfitnesspal just how bad it was. Two slices of cheese pizza, 1 small slice of red velvet cake with cream icing and one Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream sandwich really messed things up. First pizza that I'd had in over a year and a half.

Went to the gym at 6:250 a.m. and did 35 minutes of cardio on the Elliptical (Incline 5, Resistance 10) followed by 100 hard and slow crunches with legs up, extended straight. Then 3 sets of 25 decline push-ups with feet elevated on a stability ball.

Afternoon: Chest & Biceps "B Week" Rotation

Post-work: Post-workout Shakes: 1 Scoop of CellMass mixed at the gym and consumed on my drive home. Approximately 45 minutes had an and Iso-100 shake (1 Scoop).

Warm-up:
    10 minutes on Stairmaster (Fat Burner Level 8) followed by 3 sets of 25 regular push-ups which I should have done this morning.
    180 degree Cable, Rot. Cuff (Ext. & Int.) Rotations 1 x 15 @30 lbs, 1 x 12 @40lbs, and 1 x 10 @50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Abductions to 75 deg 1 x 15 @ 40 lbs and 2 x 12 @ 50 lbs
    Cable Shoulder Flexion to 75 deg 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs

Standing EZ BarBell Curls
    1 X 15 X 40 (Warm-up)
    2 x 12 x 60
    2 x 10 x 60
    1 x 8 x 65

Spiderman Curls on Incline Bench
    3 x (3/3/4) x 22.5@arm ( /= pause & wrist-turn)
    2 x (3/3/4) x 25@arm ( /= pause & wrist-turn)

3 x 15 x 45@arm
    1 x 12 x 50@arm
    1 x 10 x 50@arm

PecDec
    2 x 15 x 140
    1 x 12 x 145
    1 x 10 x 150
    1 x 7 x 155

Incline Barbell Bench Press
    1 x 10 x Bar only
    1 x 15 x 90 (Warm-up)
    1 x 12 x 140
    2 x 10 x 150
    1 x 6 x 155

Decline Barbell Bench Press
    1 x 15 x 130
    1 x 12 x 130
    2 x 10 x 130
    1 X 8 X 135

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flies
    1 x 15 X 40@arm
    2 x 12 x 40@arm
    2 x 10 x 42.5@arm

Cool-down - 15 minutes on Treadmill at Cross-Country Speed 4.2

Observations: Rather that stick to a 5 x 10 routine today, decided to increase the reps on the first set to 15 and on the second to 12 on several of the exercises and finally try for 10 on the last set increasing the weights a little. Didn't go too well, as I failed to get past 6 to 8 reps on most of the last sets.

Gym announced today that at the end of this week, the doors will close until July 7. Thus, starting next week, morning cardio is out unless I swim or jog around the lake. Option is to do cardio after afternoon workouts at one of the SuperSports in Houston.
    Inactivity Kills!!!