TNT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My contest prep journey to getting my pro card!

Hey guys! I'm fairly new on here and I'm doing a pretty long prep this year. I've been competing since 2007 and have taken the sport more serious since 2009. I've won an overall in the ABA in 2008 and then came off a bad acl injury and then miss the overall by one point in 2009 in the OCB Natural Arizona. I'll be doing a 36 week diet total and will do a few shows in the Phoenix area. I'm thinking about doing the NPC show here in July but not sure because that's a BIG BOY show and I can't hang with the big boys. It's hard for a natural guy to walk in there and do well when you don't have good genetics. I'm still thinking about the OCB show here August 27th but that's not a for sure yet. But I'll be doing the INBF Mid America Oct 8th in Indiana. And if I feel like dieting longer I might try another one but we'll see how it goes. I actually do my own prepping for competitors online and in the valley so I'm going to have to really step up my game.

My macros to start out is I'm having a baseline of 225g protein, 300g carbs, and 60-65g fat. And then two refeed days with one day earlier in the week of 400g carbs and on the weekend 450g carbs.

As far as my training goes I'll be doing Layne's Hypertrophy split with hitting body parts twice a week. I've made some great gains and results doing that for the past 6 months and I want to continue it through my prep to see how I turn out.

I've dieted since Feb 1st and started at 195 and I'm down to 189 already. These pics were taken last week. Let me know what you guys think!
    Attached Images

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great physique and very lean for starting 36 weeks out. Plenty of time to get the shred on! Good luck!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Great physique and very lean for starting 36 weeks out. Plenty of time to get the shred on! Good luck!
    Thanks! I wanted to take this prep slow. I'm pretty much just eating much cleaner now. My potential first show in July is about 22 weeks out so I figure if I do it I want to be ready for that. I might not be as tight as I should be but I'm more focussed on the later shows to get my pro card in a natural organization.

JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TNT15 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm fairly new on here and I'm doing a pretty long prep this year. I've been competing since 2007 and have taken the sport more serious since 2009. I've won an overall in the ABA in 2008 and then came off a bad acl injury and then miss the overall by one point in 2009 in the OCB Natural Arizona. I'll be doing a 36 week diet total and will do a few shows in the Phoenix area. I'm thinking about doing the NPC show here in July but not sure because that's a BIG BOY show and I can't hang with the big boys. It's hard for a natural guy to walk in there and do well when you don't have good genetics. I'm still thinking about the OCB show here August 27th but that's not a for sure yet. But I'll be doing the INBF Mid America Oct 8th in Indiana. And if I feel like dieting longer I might try another one but we'll see how it goes. I actually do my own prepping for competitors online and in the valley so I'm going to have to really step up my game.

My macros to start out is I'm having a baseline of 225g protein, 300g carbs, and 60-65g fat. And then two refeed days with one day earlier in the week of 400g carbs and on the weekend 450g carbs.

As far as my training goes I'll be doing Layne's Hypertrophy split with hitting body parts twice a week. I've made some great gains and results doing that for the past 6 months and I want to continue it through my prep to see how I turn out.

I've dieted since Feb 1st and started at 195 and I'm down to 189 already. These pics were taken last week. Let me know what you guys think!
    Is Layne's split the Power/Hyper one? Where can I find it? Thanks.

Yeah it's the upper and lower early in the week followed by hypertrophy later in the week. He has a big article about all of the details in an article on simply shredded. I've made some big strength gains doing it. I recommend it.

tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Best of luck on your prep man.Givin where your at now in 36 weeks its gonna be unreal.Looks like you have a great training partner in Cohn as well.Tear it up buddy

Originally Posted by tonsti View Post
    Best of luck on your prep man.Givin where your at now in 36 weeks its gonna be unreal.Looks like you have a great training partner in Cohn as well.Tear it up buddy
    Thanks man! I'll be posting some more progress pics of me 4 weeks into the diet. It's 36 weeks total but my first show will most likely be July 16th and then go from there. It's nice to have a training partner that's on the same page you are!

Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong logging
    556/325/622 - 1504 total raw @ 193
    551/319/567 - 1437 total raw @ 181
    Best gym lifts - 575/340/650

***Inventor of the GENESIS JACK***
    WWW.KLEVABUILT.COM
    IG: KLEVABUILT