joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shoulder and elbow popping

Before you guys come at me on my age, let me expain, i seen an old thread on here about shoulder popping/clicking, and i wanted to post my own.

I used to lift heavy a little over a year ago, doing the rippetoes program, and i kinda warmed up, but didn't a whole lot, and my joints started bugging me.

Before this, when i lifted moderate, my right shoulder, maybe left too, i can't remember, would pop on the first set or two of bench press, then by the third it'd be okay, that was without much warm up. (when i was 16).

Now i'm 18, and these are what gives me trouble.
    My shoulder, if i lift it like i'm doing a lateral raise, sometimes if i raise it a little higher than 90 degrees my shoulder makes a pop/crack/click noise.
    Yesterday i even done an ab workout (haven't worked out in about 10 months and this problem still bothers me), and i done planks, and this other ab exercise where you hold onto a chair while you're sitting in it, and lift your butt and feet and hold for a pause before letting yourself back down.

Today, my shoulder was cracking and towards the back of my shoulder hurts (maybe bursitis). But i used to have front shoulder pain as well. So I'm wondering if maybe this is some old tendinitis or something. just looking for help.

-----I've been to an ortho doc, and a family doc, and both said maybe it was simple tendinitis or bursitis but they didn't know.----

Now for the elbow pain. My olecranon area. It generally gets stiff, or has an ache right under the olecranon along the side of the ulna bone. My elbow is not swollen, but i do typically have somewhat pointy olecranons.

Just looking for some tips and help.
    Maybe my rotators are just weak.
    -if you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, would it change the way you trained today?

-Bigger isn't always better-Oldbutfit

joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    also i'm almost finishing with my first case of Animal flex, and i'm on my second thing of Super Cissus.

Just wanted to throw that in there as well.

wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok first I think you said you were 18... Either way no big deal....

I get this sorta popping, kinda like its not in place at sometimes? Try cutting down your reps. If your doing 10 go down to 7 and if your doign 3 sets of 7 reps and it still doesn't work either cut your weight down or do less sets.

I went to my doc and that was what he told me.

Originally Posted by joshrbowman View Post
    Before you guys come at me on my age, let me expain, i seen an old thread on here about shoulder popping/clicking, and i wanted to post my own.

I used to lift heavy a little over a year ago, doing the rippetoes program, and i kinda warmed up, but didn't a whole lot, and my joints started bugging me.

Before this, when i lifted moderate, my right shoulder, maybe left too, i can't remember, would pop on the first set or two of bench press, then by the third it'd be okay, that was without much warm up. (when i was 16).

Now i'm 18, and these are what gives me trouble.
    My shoulder, if i lift it like i'm doing a lateral raise, sometimes if i raise it a little higher than 90 degrees my shoulder makes a pop/crack/click noise.
    Yesterday i even done an ab workout (haven't worked out in about 10 months and this problem still bothers me), and i done planks, and this other ab exercise where you hold onto a chair while you're sitting in it, and lift your butt and feet and hold for a pause before letting yourself back down.

Today, my shoulder was cracking and towards the back of my shoulder hurts (maybe bursitis). But i used to have front shoulder pain as well. So I'm wondering if maybe this is some old tendinitis or something. just looking for help.

-----I've been to an ortho doc, and a family doc, and both said maybe it was simple tendinitis or bursitis but they didn't know.----

Now for the elbow pain. My olecranon area. It generally gets stiff, or has an ache right under the olecranon along the side of the ulna bone. My elbow is not swollen, but i do typically have somewhat pointy olecranons.

Just looking for some tips and help.
    Maybe my rotators are just weak.

Originally Posted by wmische9 View Post
    Ok first I think you said you were 18... Either way no big deal....

I get this sorta popping, kinda like its not in place at sometimes? Try cutting down your reps. If your doing 10 go down to 7 and if your doign 3 sets of 7 reps and it still doesn't work either cut your weight down or do less sets.

I went to my doc and that was what he told me.
    I haven't been lifting weights though.
    I haven't trained in almost a year.

I tried bodyweight over the summer, and the fronts and backs of my shoulders were aching for about 3-4 days, and my olecranons the same.

I thought maybe my rotator cuffs of both shoulders were just weak maybe. And that was where the popping was coming from.
    -if you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, would it change the way you trained today?

-Bigger isn't always better-Oldbutfit

iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iREPdaLBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by joshrbowman View Post
    also i'm almost finishing with my first case of Animal flex, and i'm on my second thing of Super Cissus.

Just wanted to throw that in there as well.
    Do u fish oil?