Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz

Lightbulb New BodySpace Format - Ideas, Concerns, Feedback Welcomed Here

A letter from CEO Ryan DeLuca regarding the new BodySpace format:

Hello Valued Customer,

The mission at Bodybuilding.com has always (and will always) be to do everything we can to help our users reach their health, fitness, and appearance goals. We do this with our amazing free content, superior customer service, low prices, and our member-inspired motivation. With more than 1.2 million members, BodySpace is the world's largest fitness social network.

Starting NOW ... BodySpace is transforming!

The preparation for this transformation has been in progress for last 10 months and will continue throughout all of 2012. BodySpace is the future of the fitness industry and will allow our members to be more engaged, get the information and motivation they need, track their progress, and inspire others all around the world.

This is just the beginning too. Many more features will be released in January and the rest of the year. With the new & improved platform we will be able to launch new features at a rapid rate. Some other new features coming soon are:

-New Sign-Up Wizard & Physique Chooser
    -New Liking & Commenting Capability
    -Workout Tracker 2.0
    -More ******** Integration
    -Improved Member Search
    -New Alert & Notifications System
    -Improved Privacy Controls

BodySpace is the future of the fitness industry and will allow us to specifically help each one of our millions of members with personal recommendations based on who they are and what their goals are.

Visit BodySpace Today

Thanks!

Ryan DeLuca
    CEO, Bodybuilding.com
    Want to close your account? Please contact our Customer Service department (anytime 24/7!) - and they can assist you with that:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/help?bodyspace

GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GDPro-Teen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz
    We have received a bit of feedback about an issue with our metric to imperial conversion on the new BodySpace. We will have a fix for this and the progress picture issues in place next week. Keep the feedback coming!
    Want to close your account? Please contact our Customer Service department (anytime 24/7!) - and they can assist you with that:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/help?bodyspace

CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CTpump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looking nice but why not an option for some users to use the "classic" bodyspace theme if the new layout does not appeal to them?

tllewellyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've noticed that I am no longer able to get into the workout tracker area. It keeps sending me to a blank page with the url: workout.bodybuilding.com/tllewellyn/admin/

Further information that might be helpful: When I am at workout.bodybuilding.com and hover over the image/link that takes me to the workout tracker, the status bar of my browser shows the link as workout.bodybuilding.com/?redirect=admin

Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing with the site. It looks great!

kcvalentine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is an idea... please start over with the new design. There is too much information on some pages and not enough on others, redundancy on the same pages, and no logical flow to allow you to easily navigate between pages. For example, if I'm looking at someone's bodyblog there's no easy way to navigate from that page back to that person's hompage or anything else relating to them without first hitting the back button, and that's assuming I got their by way of their homepage first. If I'm wrong, then it's certainly not easy to find which is just as bad. Here's another example... the new Friends, Following, and Bodygroups page... hardly anything on the front page, except a pair of duplicate links each to navigate to one of the three areas. And let's say I navigate to following, I can see the list of people I've sent friend requests to but there's no longer an option to rescind that request, which makes no sense especially since it can't be deleted on the requestee's end either. No wait, there it is, I have to actually go the their page first and find unfollow in the clutter along the left column... really? How is this better? I would have preferred to see a lot more work put into upgrading the bodygroups and adding more functionality there. This new look I predict will be a maintenance nightmare for your staff, and a real pain to use for the community.
    Last edited by kcvalentine; 12-31-2011 at 12:14 PM.

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mostly issues related to posting. I liked being able to see all of my posts, my recent posts, and recent threads.

Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think a cool idea would be to have the silhouette character on the body stats area reflect the user's actual body stats instead of just being the same default image for everyone with different stats.

Does that make sense?
    “If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” -Bruce Lee

My Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147345563

Personal Bests:
    Squat: 445x5
    Bench: 295x5
    Row: 230x5
    Press: 180x5
    Deadlift: 435x5

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Posted all the bugs I found in the other thread on this forum, not posting them again. Checked this morning though and none of them are even fixed yet.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

AlexisAnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My progress pictures on my main wall is incorrect. They are not showing what I have marked as my before and after picture. Can someone please fix this??

Also on my gallery pictures on my main wall shows older pictures first instead of what I currently posted in my gallery. I prefer to have my most current pictures showing on my main wall instead of old ones.

Is there anyway to bring the video section back to my main wall. Really miss that. Really enjoyed having my videos on my main wall.

I also miss the about me section. I like for viewers to be able to read my background about how I got started in fitness.

Thank you.
    "Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" -Confucious

Redflower08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am wondering if they are going show the green light when people are online or not:/

ifbb2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where is the "about me" and "Bio" information? And email links? I liked having my gmail address visible so I didnt' always have to login to BB.com to chat with my friends on here.

ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironslayabra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cluttered, slow, confusing, not user friendly, etc. definitly go back. to end the 2011 this way was a horrible decision for the ppl that decided to go forward with this layout.
    300 plus lbs with abs feels good. lol.

StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500)
    What the heck happened... I can't even get to the posts I've made recently.

BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok..

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GDPro-Teen View Post
    lol'd hard

OP - just tell me how can i see my latest threads?

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In general I get very annoyed with people who can't accept change, even when it's a slight one. With that being said, I despise this new interface.

The two most important things to me on my profile are my background story and the comments people have left me. Both are now completely hidden. I know I can get to my visitor comments in a few clicks, but it makes zero sense to me why I should have to do that. On a social networking site social interaction should be the most important thing available to you immediately! If I'm on someone else's profile how the hell do I see comments that have been left for them? I've joined in conversations that way before.

I have no idea where the back story I wrote is now.

My "latest forum posts" are from 2008.

My progress pics show my second picture (from 1992) as my "after pic" even though if I go into "manage progress photos" the correct "after" pic is chosen.

My age has been wiped out. Well, maybe that's a good thing.

Originally Posted by AlexisAnn View Post
    I also miss the about me section. I like for viewers to be able to read my background about how I got started in fitness.
    I think without question that this was the most important part of a person's profile. It really gave you a sense of who they were and what they've overcome.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

ML0725 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    In general I get very annoyed with people who can't accept change, even when it's a slight one. With that being said, I despise this new interface.

The two most important things to me on my profile are my background story and the comments people have left me. Both are now completely hidden. I know I can get to my visitor comments in a few clicks, but it makes zero sense to me why I should have to do that. On a social networking site social interaction should be the most important thing available to you immediately! If I'm on someone else's profile how the hell do I see comments that have been left for them? I've joined in conversations that way before.

I have no idea where the back story I wrote is now.

My "latest forum posts" are from 2008.

My progress pics show my second picture (from 1992) as my "after pic" even though if I go into "manage progress photos" the correct "after" pic is chosen.

My age has been wiped out. Well, maybe that's a good thing.

I think without question that this was the most important part of a person's profile. It really gave you a sense of who they were and what they've overcome.

Agreed... And I wasted a lot of time writing my story on here and it was the most important part of my profile. It's not just about my pics. Now they are on the front page and my story is hidden. Also, this is crazy but I liked knowing who visited and how many visitors I had. I know... I like change but THIS was not a good one.
    Just trying to be my best!

kcvalentine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlexisAnn View Post
    My progress pictures on my main wall is incorrect. They are not showing what I have marked as my before and after picture. Can someone please fix this??

Also on my gallery pictures on my main wall shows older pictures first instead of what I currently posted in my gallery. I prefer to have my most current pictures showing on my main wall instead of old ones.

Is there anyway to bring the video section back to my main wall. Really miss that. Really enjoyed having my videos on my main wall.

Thank you.
    The About Me section is at the very bottom of the main page... after all the other useless junk... but it is missing all the information I'm sure you're referring to still... this makes no sense at all to me... I would think that would be at the top of a person's page. As I said, where's the logic?

jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jk080812 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there a place to see who v0isited your profile? ( the old "visitor stats" )

88moneypit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

I would suggest that you at bb.com chalk this up to a bad beta test. Roll it back to the way it was. Take all of the issues that you have been flooded with, fix them, then do a limited rollout to find and fix other bugs. I really want my workout tracker back!
    Shut up and lift!

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everyone always complains at the start....then they get used to it and realize that the developers have done everything for a reason...

By january we won't even remember the old one

Anywayz. Here is a collection of errors (already stickies)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140953701

worbs2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) worbs2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) worbs2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will or could there be a area added to the workout tracker for cardio and for tracking nutrition intake please... It would be so helpful to not have to go to other sites to record and track these categories...
    Thank you in advance,
    Ron

LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeanTwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm not usually one to complain just because something is changed, but in this case, I don't think any amount of tweaking will properly adjust what has been f%cked up. If I have any ideas, concern, or feedback, it'd be to scrap this layout and go back to the original, and make tweaks from there. This total redesign is not working. I know that's hard to hear, because someone put energy and time into coming up with this new layout, but it is just plain horrible on the whole.

The comments at the bottom of the page are gone. People's backstories are gone. People's height and weight aren't included with the other bodystats. The "latest posts" made on the forum aren't actually one's latest posts, etc...even the actual page design is cluttered.

The old pages layout had a nice flow; you simply went down the page to see more info. It was vertically integrated. This layout is totally all over the place. We don't need flashier for flashier's sake. We need something functional, something that simply works. You can add flash/visual in increments instead of making flash the most important part of the page. Build the page around functionality first and foremost.

I liked this site because it avoided the gimmicky. This new layout beats you over the head, and to be totally honest, looks like it was designed by someone's 10-year-old with ADD. The simple, subtle boxes, and everything being easily readable just scrolling down the page kept the focus on the member. I'm not even sure what the focus of the new layout is supposed to be.

Less is more, admins. You're trying too hard. The truth is, though, you've already made up your minds, even while posting this thread as if the feedback will matter. So, whatever.
    Last edited by LeanTwo; 12-31-2011 at 05:32 PM.

dennis16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before you go changing something this drastic you should get input! before you put this much time into something you should have fixed the bugs that already existed. how about fixing the blog issue I want to talk to friends and share info not learn how to hydrofloss in iceland while purchasing designer rugs! COMMENTS! how can we talk to friends when we cant see what we posted the last time they were on and cant follow the conversations anymore. We cant review new people wanting to be friends to see what kind of comments they leave, are they just pervs like half of the members here or are they positive people we want to share our experience with?

ifbb2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ugh, another thing I just noticed. No "Most recent updated/progress pics" I would go through there all the time for inspiration. Can't stand this new layout, and I'm not the type of person to complain about change.

D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.Alan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Hmph.

In addition to everything else already mentioned, also the "What my friends are up to" is either completely gone or buried under a pile of clicks. I thought this site was supposed to be about networking and connecting with others, but it's a little hard to do when the comment walls are gone (or buried) and you can't see what your friends are up to. Was this design even tested with a focus group?
    "I may not be as big/buff/ripped/awesome as many BodySpacers, but I look a whole lot better than 90% of the general population" -- Me.

hmpadilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hate the new format.It is very un user friendly.There is no easy flow.Plus pages seem to take forever to load.Not sure how this is any better.Someone else mentioned it,but maybe you should offer a "classic" version for us that like the old version and lay out better

andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At first I liked the new bodyspace only in the way that it looked, it was a cool design. After about one second though, things really went down hill. Everything was a mess and finding things was hard. If you look at ******** and their changes, although they make changes, they don't take away from the old, things are still logical, this is just everywhere.

I really miss the portion with my recently added friends that had their comments on it. Also I miss the part where if I clicked the friends tab, it was organized in alphabetical order which made it easier to find people. Now its a scrambled mess.

ahjteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If the progress meter would've been inconsistently wrong, I could've been fine with that, but when one entry is correctly in kilos (see that one huge dip there in the picture), but others are wrong, that I can't accept.

edit: Also could it be possible to get the flash chart ( charts . bodybuilding . com / charts / ) also so that you are able to change between lbs and kilos?
    Attached Images