Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Laptop Pros, help me choose an ultrabook

On monday I need to buy a laptop. The ones that I had in mind are:

Asus UX31 - http://asia.cnet.com/product/asus-ze...m-45687619.htm

vs

Macbook Air i7 - the i7 version, not the i5. cant find a link atm so this will do http://www.jailbreaknation.com/macbo...and-speed-test

--------------------------------------

any comments? I read that the ux31 has a below-par touchpad, but it is also noticeably cheaper than the macbook. the sound system in the ux31 is very nice, and so is the look, SSD quality, other specs, and screen.

All I use from apple is an iphone, and Im not extremely familiar with the laptops. It will be a business laptop only.

Any input is appreciated

NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hardware wise, the MBA is better, but if thats a non-issue ( depending on what youre doing with it ), then the most productive questions to ask would be. Do you need/want windows/osx?

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NasGhost View Post
    Hardware wise, the MBA is better, but if thats a non-issue ( depending on what youre doing with it ), then the most productive questions to ask would be. Do you need/want windows/osx?
    The MBA is 1/3 more expensive but I have never used an apple operating system. I am just afraid that Ill have to deal with so much crap trying to make things work, especially if Ill be using specialized software such as arcGIS.

Besides that, the MBA seems better when it comes to battery life, keyboard (back lit) and performance is better in general but not that far ahead of the ux31. The newest version of the ux31 has resolved a lot of the practical issues associated with the touchpad.

It would mainly be used for business/work related tasks.

Guess ill go for the ux31

NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NasGhost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by justfive View Post
    The MBA is 1/3 more expensive but I have never used an apple operating system. I am just afraid that Ill have to deal with so much crap trying to make things work, especially if Ill be using specialized software such as arcGIS.

Besides that, the MBA seems better when it comes to battery life, keyboard (back lit) and performance is better in general but not that far ahead of the ux31. The newest version of the ux31 has resolved a lot of the practical issues associated with the touchpad.

It would mainly be used for business/work related tasks.

Guess ill go for the ux31
    Its what $500 more? Like I said, the hardware in it is better; using an i7 over an i5, larger SSD etc. If the increase in performance would be of value to you then the MBA would be the better choice, though obv its quite expensive. If your just using this for a portable computer, then the ASUS is much better.

Regarding OS. My stance has usually been, unless you need OSX, get Windows. Reason being is that Windows is much more supported overall due to its much larger user base. If you really wanted to, you could use Bootcamp on the MBA to run Windows, however that would cost you another $100 for a Windows License. The battery life on the Asus is something like 6 hours? I would hope thats sufficient for the most part assuming youd be using it for 6 hours straight without an outlet in sight.

Good choice IMO.

Its what $500 more? Like I said, the hardware in it is better; using an i7 over an i5, larger SSD etc. If the increase in performance would be of value to you then the MBA would be the better choice, though obv its quite expensive. If your just using this for a portable computer, then the ASUS is much better.

Regarding OS. My stance has usually been, unless you need OSX, get Windows. Reason being is that Windows is much more supported overall due to its much larger user base. If you really wanted to, you could use Bootcamp on the MBA to run Windows, however that would cost you another $100 for a Windows License. The battery life on the Asus is something like 6 hours? I would hope thats sufficient for the most part assuming youd be using it for 6 hours straight without an outlet in sight.

Good choice IMO.
    I dont operate in USD but after conversion the price is ~1300$ vs ~1900$. The prices of the Air here are blown out of proportion. battery life is around 6 hours (probably just under 6) while the air is closer to 7. 7 hours would have been IDEAL for me, especially since theres no chance of buying another battery, but its not a deal breaker.

BTW, both are i7. I might have accidentally linked to the worse ux31 model. These should be the specs:
    UX31E-DH52 & UX31E-4DH53: Intel Core i5-2557 processor
    UX31E-DH72: Intel Core i7-2677 processor
    13.3-inch 1600×900 resolution screen
    4GB RAM
    128GB / 256GB SATA III SSD
    0.3-megapixel webcam
    Bang & and Olfusen ICEpower and ASUS SonicMaster Technology HD Audio
    1x USB 2.0 / 1x USB 3.0
    mini HDMI / mini VGA ports
    SD card slot
    50Whrs battery (7 hrs) and 10 day standby
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those prices are quite high for something used for business use. Generally the graphics cards are the most expensive aspect in laptops, and both of those have terrible ones (not that it should matter too much to you).

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ Is an incredibly helpful site/forum that should be able to find you something similarly spec'd for under $1000USD. They're got a "What Notebook Should I Buy?" which is incredibly helpful. I focus almost exclusively on gaming laptops/desktop replacements, but there are tons of knowledgable people over there that should be able to give you some better ideas than the two you posted.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Id look into an Acer
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    also keep in mind that a core i7 is overkill unless you plan on doing CPU intensive tasks (encoding, video editing, etc...). You mention business use, just not sure what business.
    Kenshin and Dbone's Nursing Home Adventures (ongoing) ... http://tinyurl.com/ns23wak

Originally Posted by TrainingACU View Post
    Those prices are quite high for something used for business use. Generally the graphics cards are the most expensive aspect in laptops, and both of those have terrible ones (not that it should matter too much to you).

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ Is an incredibly helpful site/forum that should be able to find you something similarly spec'd for under $1000USD. They're got a "What Notebook Should I Buy?" which is incredibly helpful. I focus almost exclusively on gaming laptops/desktop replacements, but there are tons of knowledgable people over there that should be able to give you some better ideas than the two you posted.
    This is europe. What you get for under 1000, we get for over 1500. Thats how the cookie crumbles around here...

I will take a look at the website, thanks for that.

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wouldnt go with mac unless you wanna show it off... better stuff out there for the price brah... macs are the muscletech of computers.

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Id look into an Acer
    Any particular model you had in mind? I need something uber portable and slick + quality

Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
    also keep in mind that a core i7 is overkill unless you plan on doing CPU intensive tasks (encoding, video editing, etc...). You mention business use, just not sure what business.
    theres a small price difference between the i5 and i7 models (surprisingly) and it will prove to be useful so Im set for an i7 model. The i5 mac price is significantly lower than the i7, but Im still afraid of macs ;[

Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    wouldnt go with mac unless you wanna show it off... better stuff out there for the price brah... macs are the muscletech of computers.
    And this tendency is magnified over here. Its as if the apple tag adds an extra 20% over here.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This is true.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Best comparison ever.

Go with the Asus or an Alienware.

NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverGonnaStop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like OSX way better than Windows.
    Plus Apple has top customer service and very good warranty, plus their products are top quality.
    Yes you pay a bit more, but you get what you pay for

EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGutierrez91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're looking for an ultrabook, the HP Folio 13 has gotten the best reviews so far for any sort of Ultrabook.

It's in the $900 range over here in the US.

dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EGutierrez91 View Post
    If you're looking for an ultrabook, the HP Folio 13 has gotten the best reviews so far for any sort of Ultrabook.

Here is a good review of the Folio 13:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/01/hp-folio-13-review/
    Kenshin and Dbone's Nursing Home Adventures (ongoing) ... http://tinyurl.com/ns23wak

Originally Posted by EGutierrez91 View Post

I think the review dbone posted is what I concluded after doing some research. Its better in the keyboard and battery department (although not much better with ~30min more) but elsewhere it falls short.
    The price is theoretically better but just because its lower. I dont feel like its better when it comes to the "cost x whatyouget x whatIneed x whatIwant" formula.

Besides, theres no way of me getting it here so its out of the question I found one store which has UX31's, and multiple with the Macbook and Lenovo,Samsungs etc. No Toshiba either
    Last edited by justfive; 01-02-2012 at 04:38 AM.

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For what it's worth, one of my laptops is an Asus and it's lasted a really long time. (F9SG) They make a great machine for the money. I will definitely buy Asus or Alienware first for all future purposes if they have what I need at that time.

Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    For what it's worth, one of my laptops is an Asus and it's lasted a really long time. (F9SG) They make a great machine for the money. I will definitely buy Asus or Alienware first for all future purposes if they have what I need at that time.
    When I was younger I always wanted an Alienware PC, but couldnt get them here. The laptops are all quite bulky besides the 11" one. Id love to have the higher end ones (the 18" for example) as a PC substitute to keep at home. Other than that, I should probably refrain from showing up in a meeting and whip out an alien faced laptop with an orange and red backlit keyboard although that would be pretty baller.

Will play around with the configurations on the alienware website to see what they have to offer.

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I switched to a Mac and never looked back. Nomore problems with viruses and what not...don't know too much about laptops but
    My old one would crash every month. Also Apple's customer service is amazing.
    Here to help!

Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    Asus's build quality is top notch, and when that fails the free warranty included ( unless you buy from somewhere like best buy ) will have you covered. Free 1 year accidental and 2 parts/labor is tough to beat. For the dollar, Alienware is becoming more competitive but I cant comment on their customer service, at least, not yet. My M17x has been great thus far though.

Also, to those that are Pro OSX this doesnt need to degenerate into another Windows vs OS X thread, trust me when I say NBR ( the site posted above ) has more than enough of them.

Asus's build quality is top notch, and when that fails the free warranty included ( unless you buy from somewhere like best buy ) will have you covered. Free 1 year accidental and 2 parts/labor is tough to beat. For the dollar, Alienware is becoming more competitive but I cant comment on their customer service, at least, not yet. My M17x has been great thus far though.

Also, to those that are Pro OSX this doesnt need to degenerate into another Windows vs OS X thread, trust me when I say NBR ( the site posted above ) has more than enough of them.
    I concluded that I cant go the apple route because the restraint on software usage is just too costly. Nevermind the price itself, but if I wont be able to use it becuase software doesnt come OSX compatible, then it sort of defeats the purpose :P

The Asus will have 1 year warranty from what I remember. When did you buy the M17x? I flipped through the PC configurations and it would end up being 4k.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I concluded that I cant go the apple route because the restraint on software usage is just too costly. Nevermind the price itself, but if I wont be able to use it becuase software doesnt come OSX compatible, then it sort of defeats the purpose :P

The Asus will have 1 year warranty from what I remember. When did you buy the M17x? I flipped through the PC configurations and it would end up being 4k.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.
    Really? It should have 1 year accidental, 2 years parts/labor, though that might just be a North America thing. You should check that out. Also, I bought my M17x last May with a fairly high end configuration; not completely maxed out but close enough. That said, like many things, its probably cheaper here in the states, and at the time I bought it, I got a 22% discount so it only came out to about $1600.

Really? It should have 1 year accidental, 2 years parts/labor, though that might just be a North America thing. You should check that out. Also, I bought my M17x last May with a fairly high end configuration; not completely maxed out but close enough. That said, like many things, its probably cheaper here in the states, and at the time I bought it, I got a 22% discount so it only came out to about $1600.
    actually I take it back. its 24 months guarantee. 1600 seems like a great deal. I wasnt able to come to the US this winter or else I would have bought the stuff I need there.

TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrainingACU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was able to pickup a great deal on my M18x. I got it for just over $1800 after shipping and tax. The m18x is definitely overkill for your needs though. If you decide on getting a new Alienware let me know; there's a rep that works in the UK/Europe that has gotten a lot of people about 30% off the sticker price over the phone, so that could save you a huge chunk of cash and make the price comparable to the U.S. price.

Also the M14x is quite portable and reasonably priced. My buddy has one and it's pretty damn powerful too for being in such a small form factor.

I was able to pickup a great deal on my M18x. I got it for just over $1800 after shipping and tax. The m18x is definitely overkill for your needs though. If you decide on getting a new Alienware let me know; there's a rep that works in the UK/Europe that has gotten a lot of people about 30% off the sticker price over the phone, so that could save you a huge chunk of cash and make the price comparable to the U.S. price.

Also the M14x is quite portable and reasonably priced. My buddy has one and it's pretty damn powerful too for being in such a small form factor.
    I definitely would not be getting an alienware laptop for work, but that would be an awesome contact to have for the future sa I regularly upgrade my PC. Is it only for laptops or the PC also? The top spec PC for 30% less is a pretty sweet deal.

I definitely would not be getting an alienware laptop for work, but that would be an awesome contact to have for the future. Is it only for laptops or the PC also? The top spec PC for 30% less is a pretty sweet deal.
    Hmmm...I'm pretty sure it's only for laptops, but I can't be completely sure as I don't actually know anyone who's bought an Alienware Desktop (at least in the last 5 years) and especially not over in the UK.

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure it's only for laptops, but I can't be completely sure as I don't actually know anyone who's bought an Alienware Desktop (at least in the last 5 years) and especially not over in the UK.
    Either way Ill keep this in mind. Thanks a lot

I train with MAX, do you? AlecGaspari's Avatar
    AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you price sensitive? My dell laptop is a BEAST, and cost me $750 shipped (although got a discount from my workplace)

i5 sandybridge
    750gb HD
    8gb ram
    upgraded nvidia graphics
    8 cell battery

its not a thin ultrabook, but its portable, and the 15 inch screen has an amazing keyboard with a numpad -- the I5 with 8gb ram is flawless when running excel 2010 with reports that run in the 100s of MBs in filesize... opens a 100mb file in about 30 seconds, 50mb almost instantly
    Senior Gaspari Board Rep/Brand Ambassador
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    alec @ gasparinutrition.com

"Above post reflects my personal opinion and has not been evaluated by the FDA, nor is intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease."

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JH34PG View Post
    I switched to a Mac and never looked back. Nomore problems with viruses and what not...don't know too much about laptops but
    My old one would crash every month. Also Apple's customer service is amazing.
    This.