DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need help with making routine, limited equipment

Hi guys.

I need some help with making my new routine.
    Let me introduce myself first.

Im diego, 20 years old.
    I started bodybuilding earlier this year, in March. I did Rippetoes starting strenght for about 2/3 months. I made great gains(benchpress from 40 to 70kg) but I got an injury which needed surgery(triggerfinger). After surgery i didnt have alot of time and needed a while for recovery so i didnt work out alot during summer. Started back around early October but again, the lady luck is not at my side. I got another 2 triggerfingers
    so needed surgery again. Last month i had the surgery and it healed pretty well so i really want to start again.

I changed him aswell, because I work in 3 shifts. The old gym was allright but due the shift working I changed to this one.. Its open 24/7 and only 200 meters from my house.

While this is great, the new gym is only a few months old and doesnt have all the equipment. Im sure they get some more in the future.

The gym has:
    -Machines
    -Dumbells
    -Smithmachine
    -EZ Curl bar(no flat.. they better get one!!).
    -Cable thingy

Which leads me to the following questions.

1. As you can see, no flat barbell, no squat rack. Is it possible to squat with the curl bar and no squat rack or is this a bit dangerous? So, what should I do? I got 4 options.. Squat with dumbells, squat with ez curl bar, squat in smithmachine or replace the squat with leg press?

2. What to do with the smith machine? should I Bench in it or sometimes and sometimes bench with dumbells?

3. Can I deadlift with the EZ curlbar or with the smith machine? :S

So Ive read the babylovers topic about SS and decided i want to work out atleast 4 times a week. (I will start off with 4 times and evaluate how it goes).

So I need some help....
    I was thinking about this..

Workout A:
    Benchpress(dumbells/smithmachine rotated so i still hit the stabilizing muscles)
    Squat/leg press ??(look question 1)??
    Barbell Rows(is it ok to do this with EZ curl bar?)
    Chins

Workout B:
    Biceps Dumbbell Curls
    Military Press(once again, Can i do this with dumbells, EZ curlbar or smitchmachine?)
    Deadlift??(see question 4)??
    Pushups
    Lat Pulldown(machine, I like it)

So guys, Alot of questions to be answered...
    This program may suck, feel free to say, but if so, please say why and tell me how I can do it better.
    Note: The Equipment of the gym is not very good i know, and im willing to wait 3 months and if they dont have anything new by then, ill change gyms and maybe job. And oh yeah, I prefer Mass over strenght. I wanna bulk from 1 january till 1 may.

Thanks in advance

greets diego

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. No, you must squat with an olympic 45lb barbell.
    2. Do nothing with the smith machine.
    3. No, you must deadlift with an olympic 45lb barbell.

You must do the exercises with a 45lb barbell, no exceptions.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebastianv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thats nonsense you can squat with dumbells, however dont deadlift with an ez bar or you could screw your wrists up
    squatting in a smith machine is for pussies but guess you will have to make do.
    you can use dumbells to deadlift
    barbell rows is ok with an ez bar, maybe just do them in the smith machine though
    Get hench or die tryin

Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baseballer2713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 7399martyn View Post
    You must do the exercises with a 45lb barbell, no exceptions.

Agreed.

But you could do things such as db bench press, db lunges! Good luck man! Hope your fingers stay healed.
    5'10 185

DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiegooSantos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for your input guys

any more input ?

so... My week schedule..
    Hope its ok.

Workout A1
    Benchpress(smithmachine)
    Legpress
    Barbell Rows
    Chins
    Leg extension

Workout B1:
    Biceps Dumbbell Curls
    Military Press(dumbells)
    Pushups