Registered User BulkingGorrilla's Avatar
    BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Majority of questions on here are a joke, heres why

When people are beginner and intermediate bodybuilders they don't need a specialized workout program to gain muscle at all. I find that 95% of people on this forum are either a beginner or intermdiate bodybuilder, and that maybe 5 percent of people on here are considered advanced.

Now lets stay away from the advanced bodybuilders for now, and strictly target the beginner and intermediate bodybuilders.

For these people, it doesn't matter if they do 15 sets for chest or 17 sets for chest. It doesn't matter if they perform 8 reps or 11 reps. Too many people are over thinking very, very simple instructions.

People always want to gain mass. It takes 3 things to do this.

1. Eat
    2. Lift weights(some progression needed)
    3. Rest

Simple as phuck, don't ask if you should do 3 sets or 4 sets for barbell curls, doing an extra set isn't going to phuck all. Here is what you do:

Pick a certain amount of reps for each said exercise, pick a number of reps to hit for each exercise, and pick a target weight for each exercise. Pretty simple, now don't go to low for the reps, and don't go to high, its not phucking rocket science. Now follow this said routine for 6months-1 year. I find it pretty funny how people change exercises every 2-3months. How the hell can your body advance in lifts if you don't give it time.

Another thing, you may have to wait at least 5-10 years before you get the body of your dreams, thinking that the perfect body can be developed in 3 months is stupid, 6months is stupid, 1 year is stupid. Again everyone is different, everyone has their own goals, whatever,whatever,whatever.

That is my rant for now, too many people on these forums think that they are advanced bodybuilders and that they need some sort of specialized routine to gain mass. And that is just plain stupid. If you aren't gaining weight, you are either not eating enough, lift weights with some progression, or not giving your body enough rest. That is all. Pretty simple. Again this is for the vast majority of people. Advanced bodybuilders know what works for them.

Anyone agree with me or disagree

BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    come on what to do ya think

Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I am advanced because I squat 135x1.

TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Strong thread bro, gaining muscle isn't all that complex tbh. It's the 80/20 rule of lifting. The 80% matters loads (stuff like eating, sleeping and doing compound movements) and the 20% rules like number of sets.

Also, I agree bodybuliding takes time but if it takes you 10 years to build the body you want then you must have had some pretty big expectations.
    Gonna get 99 Strength, Attack, Defence, Hitpoints and Agility IRL brah.

BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do agree a lot of bigginners over think, and worry to much, and ask a lot of unessasary questions

ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, those with common sense know this. However, the problem is the idiots who will never read this thread or think logically for a moment, thus this thread serves no purpose and accomplishes nothing.
    You can't force knowledge into a dumbass any more than you can force sight into a blind man.

When the world breaks your legs you go and beat it with your crutch.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Agree everyone has their own goals some people may like just a 4 pack others might want the perfect genetic body

clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BulkingGorrilla View Post
    Agree everyone has their own goals some people may like just a 4 pack others might want the perfect genetic body
    I definitely think that some knowledge is good and it can help achieve the goal faster.

If I knew what I know now when I started, I think I could have improved a little more than I am now.

there's definitely alot of "questions and planning" and not enough doing with the people who's new to the game, one problem is that muscle building is such a slow process it's really hard to see what works and what doesn't work...

from my experience it is a long learning process, everyone reacts different so there's not a 1 procedure fit all that works for everyone. so just suck it up and see how your own body respond.

some knowledge is good, but if people honestly think they will gain an extra 20lbs in a year, because they switch from barbell to dumbell curls is stupid. Changing from 11 reps to 14 reps isn't going to do anything.

Take the simple fundamentals,

1. Eat
    2. lift weights(some progression)
    3. Recovery

It doesn't matter what your workout is, you could run with a back pack(with weights in it), up a hill for 10+ years and i guarantee you that your calfs would be huge, you know why becuase you have been doing it for 10 years and have slowly been progressing.

Take anything for example. Playing golf, if you golf for the first time you would probaly suck, practice it and in 10 years you would probaly be good.

Doing the little stuff right helps out, but for the beginners and intermediates anything will work. Its only the extremely advanced that need a specialized routine.

stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i agree with you OP

PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PJunior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I get stronger each time I lift, does that mean I'm gaining muscle?

Originally Posted by PJunior View Post
    If I get stronger each time I lift, does that mean I'm gaining muscle?
    No. You also need to eat over your daily maintence calorie intake. If you are gaining strength and also gaining weight, then yes that is muscle.

N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) N1tr0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree with op and the other thing is you would think if these people could find a bb site they would know how to use google.

charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charred99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well said OP.

Tho for a beginner it is rather intimidating to get started (for me at least)
    R.I.P Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian (1989-2011) Gone but never forgotten. Forever Mirin <3

***MrDot Personal Army Crew***
    ***GlassMoon intimidates me Crew***
    ***Devils always catches es me mirin Crew***
    ***Over 6ft Crew***
    ***Vegitarian Crew***

No I dont squat, because I dont train to impress gorillas. I train to impress women and preteen boys.

Bench - 335
    Squat - 405 (AalmostTG)
    Deadlift - 615 (Raw. No belts, straps, chalk needed)

Originally Posted by charred99 View Post
    Well said OP.

Tho for a beginner it is rather intimidating to get started (for me at least)
    thx dude

anyone else agree disagree, love to here peoples comments

rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree 100%. The ONE big thing people neglect the most is Hard Work. They try to search for some magical exercises and rep ranges to help them achieve their dreams.

Effort putted in= Results
    Sheiko!

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's the thing, most beginners need some direction. We give them a direction that's pretty basic, SS eat a lot sleep a lot. Not hard, they just have to apply themselves. Nobody is trying to over complicate things for them, quite the opposite.
    Best lifts to date/goals by July 2013 (ALL RAW)

Squat: 200kgx1 /200kgx1 (goal achieved)
    Bench: 120kgx1 / 130kgx1, 102.5kgx15
    Deadlift: 235kg x 1/ 240kgx1
    OHP: 80kg x1/ 90kgx1

Over All Goal - Elite wilks total in the open age group
    **Registered volume addict**
    **SCARED OF IPF JUDGES CREW**

TWITTER: @The_Lifting_Doc
    YOUTUBE: TheNumber2Jersey (videos of my lifts can all be found here)

good answer Homonator. Agreed that for beginners it is quite simple. But here is the thing, once people do starting strength for 6 months, they now consider themselves as advanced. They think just because they are lifting a lit bit of weight, they now need a specialized roainiutine to start gaining size.

Gaining size is still exactly the same fundamentals. It won't be as fast, but its still the same. Eat, lift weights(some progression), recover. It just that your body is now adapted to the stress, so it now needs more time to gain further muscle growth.

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    skimmed op, agree for the most part.
    but i honestly have to say 99% of this section is beginner, and 1% is intermediate
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BulkingGorrilla View Post
    good answer Homonator. Agreed that for beginners it is quite simple. But here is the thing, once people do starting strength for 6 months, they now consider themselves as advanced. They think just because they are lifting a lit bit of weight, they now need a specialized roainiutine to start gaining size.

Gaining size is still exactly the same fundamentals. It won't be as fast, but its still the same. Eat, lift weights(some progression), recover. It just that your body is now adapted to the stress, so it now needs more time to gain further muscle growth.
    Oh okay I see what you're saying now, yeah that's pretty much how most of us feel. Hell I won't even consider myself out of beginner stage till I'm able to achieve my provincial ranking in PL.
    Best lifts to date/goals by July 2013 (ALL RAW)

Squat: 200kgx1 /200kgx1 (goal achieved)
    Bench: 120kgx1 / 130kgx1, 102.5kgx15
    Deadlift: 235kg x 1/ 240kgx1
    OHP: 80kg x1/ 90kgx1

Over All Goal - Elite wilks total in the open age group
    **Registered volume addict**
    **SCARED OF IPF JUDGES CREW**

TWITTER: @The_Lifting_Doc
    YOUTUBE: TheNumber2Jersey (videos of my lifts can all be found here)

TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    skimmed op, agree for the most part.
    but i honestly have to say 99% of this section is beginner, and 1% is intermediate
    I bet you're one of the guys who thinks a 400 pound bench is weak...
    Gonna get 99 Strength, Attack, Defence, Hitpoints and Agility IRL brah.

I just want a 6 pack BloodDrunk92's Avatar
    BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodDrunk92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally agree with you Gorilla. Almost everyone on this site tries to apply way too much science to bodybuilding. Like you said, If you just blast your muscles in the gym, eat alot of calories/protein, and get enough sleep, you are going to make great muscle gains. I lift without a strict routine and no diet. I've only been lifting for 16 months and I think I got better progress than 99% of the teen section most of which follow strict diets and routines.

BTW, you got my first post on this account

Originally Posted by BloodDrunk92 View Post
    I totally agree with you Gorilla. Almost everyone on this site tries to apply way too much science to bodybuilding. Like you said, If you just blast your muscles in the gym, eat alot of calories/protein, and get enough sleep, you are going to make great muscle gains. I lift without a strict routine and no diet. I've only been lifting for 16 months and I think I got better progress than 99% of the teen section most of which follow strict diets and routines.

BTW, you got my first post on this account
    First post, thats sweet bro.

See what bothers me the most is that when people will literally talk like a phucking rocket scientist, to get some point across. They will get in a huge arguement about something, just for the sake of arguing, and when all fails. They say: "Do you have science to prove it".

Ya science has helped a little bit, but too many people are forgetting, that even if you are on the perfect routine, you have the perfect reps/sets, the pefect everything, you still have to bring it

Also even if you are on the perfect routine, , etc. Guess what, it is still going to take you years and years and years of lifting.

Science is good, but there are many things that you have to have:

1. Dedication
    2. Motivation
    3. Hard Work

You can have all the research you want, at the end of the day, when you have the weights in your hand, it comes down to dedication, motivation, and hard word.

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just realized that <3 is supposedly a heart. Dunno how I feel about that...I kind of enjoyed reading it as "clown penis," or "ass hat."
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Morsprincipium1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP, teach me how to get to 300lbs at 4%bf.

boxin/grapplin/lifting=<3 RunnerandLifter's Avatar
    RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree with pretty much everything OP says but just so you know a couple reps here and there may absolutely matter... for ex 8 squats vs 12 squats and say u squat once a week (humor me with my ex) with only one set 8 squats in a year compounded over time done every week you would do 416 reps vs the 12 reps compounded overtime equals 624 and I truly believe an extra 208 reps may change some things..not trying to be a smart arssee or anything but little steps taken over long periods of time add up and should be taken more into account
    Starting Weight:120
    Current Weight:168
    Goal Weight: 185

Eat.Eat.Eat.Eat.Eat.Bulk.

Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So true Gorilla, it makes me lmao wen i see how biggners & intermediates think they should train & eat, its really not that hard the iron game but it takes time, dedication & sacrafise, which is why ppl struggle with it unless you enjoy it.
    as u said its dumb to c ppl worrying about wether to do the extra 2 reps or not as if you dont follow j cutlers routine u will go blind.
    no 1 here in TEEN section should be needing a spesialised routine its ridiculous
    how do u think ppl done it bk in the day wen there was no internet or anything
    anyway well said Gorilla soz fr the spelling hehe

hey

Originally Posted by Georgous View Post
    So true Gorilla, it makes me lmao wen i see how biggners & intermediates think they should train & eat, its really not that hard the iron game but it takes time, dedication & sacrafise, which is why ppl struggle with it unless you enjoy it.
    as u said its dumb to c ppl worrying about wether to do the extra 2 reps or not as if you dont follow j cutlers routine u will go blind.
    no 1 here in TEEN section should be needing a spesialised routine its ridiculous
    how do u think ppl done it bk in the day wen there was no internet or anything
    anyway well said Gorilla soz fr the spelling hehe
    its all good bro

AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    agree completely OP, well said. i think too that even if they have the simple questions, the answers have been posted literally 100's of times over the net/forums.
    well said either way, the directions are already there for them and agreed completely that they should realize that an extra rep or set wont make a difference.

repped by the way.
    "It is what you do with the knowledge that dictates who you are" - Xuaxace
    Exclusive AdiPower crew: AdamNW, Xuaxace

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142078571&p=827696231#post827696231
    Feel free to join!