Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Beta-Cret - Promera Beta-Cret log featuring HairyScandinavian and Getsum

BETA-CRET will have an immediate and dramatic impact on any workout session.* This is accomplished by improving functional energy, alertness, and concentration while buffering an increased presence of hydrogen ions and keeping intracellular lactic acid levels at bay.* The use of BETA-CRET will make it possible to squeeze out extra repetitions and significantly extend the set.*

BETA-CRET is reinforced with CON-CRETt.

This synergy of ingredients makes BETA-CRET the industry standard for pre-workout, MICRO-DOSED, intensifiers.

BETA-CRET (36 SERINGS) is a Micro-Concentrated Pre-Workout Intensifier, delivering (4.3grams) per serving that supports dramatic performance through increased carnosine levels leading to improved muscle gains.* The benefits of BETA-CRET is increased phosphatecreatine concentrations, impact on the build-up of lactic acid and buffering hydrogen ions when training. BETA-CRET has only 125mg of caffeine and contains no 1-3 dimethylamyalamine. Combined with COP (Creatinol-O-Phosphate) and 500mg of CON-CRET allows you to have better focus and concentration to squeeze those extra reps in a workout.* One serving prior to your workout is all you need.

STACK with CON-CRET for better ATP conversion and increased energy.* We believe that you will get a great workout with our new DIME FREE BETA-CRET.

Attached Images

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This log is part of the Promera promotion found in the thread linked below, give it a click to participate or just to check it out. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140854571

Here we go, hats off to Promera for another incredible promotion! I've had amazing results on Con-Cret and simply can't wait to get this one started! I'm becoming a huge fan of Promera products...

A little about myself. I got started late in the game, years ago tipping the scales at close to 300 lbs of flab and decided enough is enough. I started out all wrong of course and dieted down via lack of food to a scrawny 165 lbs before discovering that something was just not right. Switched the focus from losing flab to building muscle and I uncovered a whole new world of possibilities and began gradually gaining knowledge that made me look back and shake my head. Put all that behind me and began down a new road, a never ending journey that has changed me for the rest of my time and I continue to learn as I go. Now here I am in better shape than I've ever been and still have a long road ahead but cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me. Now with the help of Promera I'm ready to blow this thing up and see what this Beta-Cret can do for ME!
    Last edited by HairyScandinavian; 12-30-2011 at 08:01 PM.

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    subbed!
    Sweetness... This is a HUGE promotion, probably lots to organize, do you know when everything is expected to start shipping?

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Major props to Promera for sponsoring this promotion and it couldn’t have come at a better time! I’m also really excited to be running this log with a brother from the OV35!

I typically workout after work in the afternoon and a Pre-workout Supplement can really help me out. I’ve been a member her for years and I’ve been training pretty consistently again for about 15 months.

I have some big expectations for 2012.

Goals
    My main goal for 2012 is to have another 12 months of consistent training completed.

Other goals are getting back down to around 185-190ish and holding it, as well as learning how to slowly/slightly increase my calories above maintenance for strength/mass gains.

Bench 325.
    Squat 405.
    Deadlift 455.
    Shoulder Press 205
    BOR 205

Get back off insulin and diabetic meds and stay off of them.

Current Stats

2011 Training Compilation

12-28-11 310x1 New PR

Routine Wendler’s 5/3/1

Bench (Chest & Triceps)- Sunday
    *Flat Bench-
    Incline Bench-
    Weighted Dips-
    Triceps Extension-

Deadlift (Back & Biceps)- Tuesday
    *Dead lifts or Rack Pulls-
    BOR-
    EZ Bar curls-
    Dumbbell Hammer curls-
    Wrist curls-

Squats (Legs)- Thursday
    *Squats-
    BB Calf Raise-
    Stiff-Legged Barbell Dead lift-

Shoulder Press (Shoulders & Traps)- Friday
    *Shoulder Press-
    Upright Row-
    Shoulder shrugs-

Gym Day– (optional gym about day twice a month)
    Leg press-
    Calf Raises-
    Seated Leg Extension-
    Lying Leg curls or Hamtractor-
    T-Bar rows-
    Seated rows-
    Wide-Grip Lat Pull downs-
    Underhand Cable Pull downs-
    Weighted Crunches-

The 5/3/1 Program This is a very easy program to work with. The following is a general outline of the training I suggest. I’ll go into detail on each point in the chapters to follow.
    • You will train 3-4 days per week (this will be up to you).
    • One day will be devoted to the standing military press, one day to the parallel squat, one day to the deadlift and one day to the bench press.
    • Each training cycle lasts 4 weeks.
    • The first week you will do 3 sets of 5 reps (3x5).
    • The second week you will do 3 sets of 3 reps (3x3).
    • The third week you will do 1 set of 5 reps, 1 set of 3 reps and 1 set of 1 rep (5/3/1).
    • The fourth week you will do 3 sets of 5 reps (3x5). This is an easy deload week.
    • After the fourth week, you begin again with 3 sets of 5 reps.
    • Each week and each set has a percentage to follow, so you won’t be guessing what to do anymore.
    Cardio Daily – 30 minute combined total minimum (Walking, recumbent bike, elliptical, yard work, whatever)

http://www.strstd.com/
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Looking forward to doing the log with you, I will learn some things no doubt. Us old farts gotta unite. You just have to promise not to laugh at my pathetic bench.

I will probably continue with the 5/3/1 for this log as well, that way lifts stay familiar and consistent across the log.

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Sweetness... This is a HUGE promotion, probably lots to organize, do you know when everything is expected to start shipping?
    Not sure, as soon as our shipping rep gets our info he sends it on. It could be up to 4 weeks though, depending. I don't think it'll be that long though

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    nice to see you guys again!

[][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oops, haven't posted in here yet.

I look forward to the 5/3/1's. I'm finishing up my 3rd cycle and will continue through the spring. Check out pritch and my log when you have time.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post

I look forward to the 5/3/1's. I'm finishing up my 3rd cycle and will continue through the spring. Check out pritch and my log when you have time.
    I'll take a look at it. I'm contemplating going back to 5x5 for 6 weeks or so or doing another 5/3/1, can't decide... I really want to get the deep squat and flat bench numbers higher.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to see you two in here with a journal. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Good to see you two in here with a journal. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
    Thx. I look forward to making progress!

We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ov35 bros!

Flint awesome bench vid!!! Supportive for your insulin recovery! Post some pics of meal plates and time between meals

HS I want to see the AVI "I'm shrinking" changed to I'm growing! I look forward to seeing strength gains using Beta Cret.
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

Originally Posted by Bronzebird View Post
    Ov35 bros!

HS I want to see the AVI "I'm shrinking" changed to I'm growing! I look forward to seeing strength gains using Beta Cret.
    Ahoy fellow Ov35er! Yes, shrinking is not the name of the game in BBing. Unfortunately I was 6'1" in High School and recently got measured at work and ended up at 5'11" so that's where the shrinking came from. Can't wait to start growing, the correct way that is!

TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sweet workouts guys.

getsum- where are you inserting those 1RMs? What site is that?

Originally Posted by TheSmiley View Post
    sweet workouts guys.

Hey I haven't posted a workout yet!
    He linked it at the bottom of his post: http://www.strstd.com/

TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSmiley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey I haven't posted a workout yet!
    He linked it at the bottom of his post: http://www.strstd.com/
    I apparently can't read well

I meant workout routine! lol Sorry. I obviously can't write well either.

I apparently can't read well

I meant workout routine! lol Sorry. I obviously can't write well either.
    That link is great for folks using the 5/3/1 routine, really helps.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed!
    Cool deal man, looking forward to this.

Looking forward to doing the log with you, I will learn some things no doubt. Us old farts gotta unite. You just have to promise not to laugh at my pathetic bench.

I will probably continue with the 5/3/1 for this log as well, that way lifts stay familiar and consistent across the log.
    This is my first time running the 5/3/1 but it's very similar to what I was doing on my own so it should be a good fit for me.

Not sure, as soon as our shipping rep gets our info he sends it on. It could be up to 4 weeks though, depending. I don't think it'll be that long though
    Cool deal man. I'm going to start posting my workouts now, and then I'll note when the Beta-Cret gets here and I start using it.

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    nice to see you guys again!

Cool man, looking forward to the support.

I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Great to have you here man.

Ov35 bros!

Flint awesome bench vid!!! Supportive for your insulin recovery! Post some pics of meal plates and time between meals

Yo Marty, I'll try to get some meal shots. I'm typically eating every 3 to 4 hours right now.

sweet workouts guys.

http://www.strstd.com/

It really is a handy site for the 5/3/1.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the link. That would have really been a handy site for me 4 months ago.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Thanks for the link. That would have really been a handy site for me 4 months ago.
    I've seen it posted about 10 times in the OV35 forum last couple months, you got the whole forum on ignore???

Tom Brady = G.O.A.T liftTENhard's Avatar
    liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Always carry metric sockets in pocket to throw @ cagers krew
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██
    ★★~~★★$99 HP TouchPad Krew★★~~★★
    ☆ ☆ ☆ OAT CREW #treefiddy ^_^ ☆ ☆ ☆
    █☆★☆Boston Misc Crew☆★☆█(RIP)
    ☆★* KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE *★☆
    + 92B +(RIP)

In case anyone wanted to know, the supremely tantalizing thread to get your own free Promera BETA-CRET (and potentially more), can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140854571

In case anyone wanted to know, the supremely tantalizing thread to get your own free Promera BETA-CRET (and potentially more), can be found here:
    Thx, edited it into post #2

Originally Posted by liftTENhard View Post
    Welcome.

Good deal man, people need to sign up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the gym first thing this morning and had a great workout. There was a really good crowd of people there this morning and it’s gives me hope that January might not be as crazy as it has been in the past.

Cardio – 10 minutes on the AMT

Legs & Shoulders
    Leg Press PWO- 270x15, 360x12, 450x10, 540x8, 630x6
    Calf Press PWO- 270x15, 360x12, 450x10, 540x6
    Squats- Barx5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 275x3
    Seated Leg Extension (Hoist Machine)- Setting #11x10, #11x10, #11x10
    Seated Leg Curls (Hoist Machine)- Setting #10x10, #10x10, #10x10
    HS Seated Shoulder Press PWO- 90x5, 180x5, 180x6, 180x6
    HS Seated Shrugs PWO- 90x10, 180x10, 180x10, 180x10
    Preacher curls- 50x10, 50x10, 50x10
    Triceps Pushdown- 50x15, 60x10, 60x10
    DB Front Lateral Raise (per arm)- 5x10, 10x10, 15x10
    DB Side Lateral Raise (per arm)- 5x10, 10x10, 15x10

Core – Weighted Crunches x 5 sets, regular crunches x 3 sets

Cardio – 20 minutes on the elliptical

Diet totals for 12-30-11: 2275 total, 199g P, 177g C, 71g F

I've seen it posted about 10 times in the OV35 forum last couple months, you got the whole forum on ignore???

I sure don't get the time to get over to the OV35 forum anymore. I still have a few sub'd logs and such, but that is it.

Nice work Getsum. I see those squats. Is that one of the "gym days" that you mentioned?
    My current log

I sure don't get the time to get over to the OV35 forum anymore. I still have a few sub'd logs and such, but that is it.

Nice work Getsum. I see those squats. Is that one of the "gym days" that you mentioned?
    Yeah, I actually combined my squats, shoulders and gym leg day yesterday to get it out of the way.

I'm feeling it today, my traps and legs are both sore. No lifting today, just helping my wife put away the Christmas stuff, doing some yard work and maybe some cardio.

We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)

Measuring Progress?

Size of Arms don't lie...but they will grow!

What motivates you the most strength or size
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

I take progress pictures once a month and just updated all my measurements on my Bodyspace. I track my body weight and blood sugar readings more than anything else and I'd really like to get stronger. If I can squeeze out some small strength increases while lowering my body fat, I'd consider that a huge success. I'm entering into a cut phase the beginning of next year and it will most likely take me about half way into Spring, after that I'd like to stay closer to maintenance through the Summer and it'll be full on strength training/slow bulk next Fall. Pretty much my normal cycle.

I measure progress a few different ways and I keep myself fairly motivated, but I'm one to say that motivation is irrelevant, discipline is essential. Regardless of how I'm feeling on a particular day, I need to get the job done. I'm trying to move away from the whole means to an end mindset and to the realization that this is my lifestyle and I'll be doing this until injury or illness prevent me from doing otherwise.

My avi is from Dec 24 @ 211#.

Just finished my week off, going absofreakinglutely stir crazy wanting to get back into the gym. I'm gonna be tossing some weights around on Monday, can't wait! Still have not decided on 5x5 or 5/3/1 run right now but I think I'll do a quick aggressive cut until my huge box full of goodies (too much wishful thinking???) from Promera arrives.

Right now strength is motivating me, but once I get that up to acceptable levels I'll be more concerned with the size. I have to take my time though, historically every time my flat bench starts to look promising something horrible happens to a shoulder.