twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What could have caused my excessive back round?

Hey guys, i deadlifted today and my back rounded like fuking crazy, more than its ever rounded. I was tired today and recovery was not the best, squats felt heavy prior as well. Today was intensity day on the texas method so 5rms across. When i deadlift heavy, i always sort of have some back rounding but its like a tiny crescent, today my back rounded from the first rep. I did try hook grip for the first time, could that be it? I also feel like my hips werent as low as usual and that I may have lifted with the bar closer to my body as a result. Lastly, when I was trying to contract my core between reps, it felt like i wasnt contracting hard enough, dont know how to describe it. Is this just fatigue and lack of focus? I also tried power perfects (switched from powerlifts) this session, so theres a bunch of variables. Would you guys increase calories (im at maintenance right now), or ignore this and get proper recovery next week. I only got 6 ish hours of sleep for the past three nights.
    Squat: 310
    Deadlift: 325
    Competition Bench: 170

Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fatigue

twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50) twelveosix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Turtora View Post
    fatigue
    lmao i knew it was this, just wanted to make sure. I hope i didnt fuk up my back, its so sore right now.

South Side Chicago McCabesLifts's Avatar
    McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McCabesLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by twelveosix View Post
    Hey guys, i deadlifted today and my back rounded like fuking crazy, more than its ever rounded. I was tired today and recovery was not the best, squats felt heavy prior as well. Today was intensity day on the texas method so 5rms across. When i deadlift heavy, i always sort of have some back rounding but its like a tiny crescent, today my back rounded from the first rep. I did try hook grip for the first time, could that be it? I also feel like my hips werent as low as usual and that I may have lifted with the bar closer to my body as a result. Lastly, when I was trying to contract my core between reps, it felt like i wasnt contracting hard enough, dont know how to describe it. Is this justhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1374936483 fatigue and lack of focus? I also tried power perfects (switched from powerlifts) this session, so theres a bunch of variables. Would you guys increase calories (im at maintenance right now), or ignore this and get proper recovery next week. I only got 6 ish hours of sleep for the past three nights.
    Your back shouldn't be rounding with that light of weight, I never round my back. show us a video next session.
    AAPF MEET AAPF
    -July 19, 2015------December 13, 2015-
    Squat-380-------------Squat-385
    Bench-220------------Bench- 225
    Deadlift-413-----------Deadlift-451
    Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTnFEX8cvEXjzoZxz1mPGzA

Originally Posted by McCabesLifts View Post
    Your back shouldn't be rounding with that light of weight, I never round my back. show us a video next session.
    weight isnt light, its a 5rm. I'll post a video next time.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Your back rounded because your form is bad...
    Experience, not just theory

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by twelveosix View Post
    Hey guys, i deadlifted today and my back rounded like fuking crazy, more than its ever rounded. I was tired today and recovery was not the best, squats felt heavy prior as well. Today was intensity day on the texas method so 5rms across. When i deadlift heavy, i always sort of have some back rounding but its like a tiny crescent, today my back rounded from the first rep. I did try hook grip for the first time, could that be it? I also feel like my hips werent as low as usual and that I may have lifted with the bar closer to my body as a result. Lastly, when I was trying to contract my core between reps, it felt like i wasnt contracting hard enough, dont know how to describe it. Is this just fatigue and lack of focus? I also tried power perfects (switched from powerlifts) this session, so theres a bunch of variables. Would you guys increase calories (im at maintenance right now), or ignore this and get proper recovery next week. I only got 6 ish hours of sleep for the past three nights.
    Where It Rounds

Rounding isn't necessarily bad. The determinate factor is where it rounds.

A Strong Case For the Rounded Back Deadlift
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/st...-back-deadlift

This article breaks the good and the bad.

Lower back rounding is a bad thing.

Upper Back Rounding Is Fine

1) It slightly decreases your pulling distance.

2) It decreases the torque by keeping the weight closer to the body's COG, "Center of Gravity". By keeping the weight closer to the body's COG, it decreases the amount of force (strength) needed to pull the weight.

Conventional Deadlifters

Traditionally, Conventional Deadlifters have stronger backs.

Rounding shifts the load to the stronger back muscles.

Misconception

The general misconception is shifting the load to the back indicates a weak back. This is generally incorrect.

What occurs is the body will shift the load the the stronger muscles to insure you make the lift. It is a survival mechanism of the body.

Squats Before Deadlifts

Since the Squat works the same muscle involved in the Deadlift, preforming before you Deadlift is going to cut into you poundage and repetitions.

Lower Back Fatigue

1) The lower back is quickly and easily overtrainined (Research Dr Tom McLaughlin, PhD Exercise Biomechanics/former Powerlifter).

2) As per Dr Greg Nuckols, "... lifting in spinal flexion tends to make it much harder to recover from training. Because of all this, if you train the deadlift the same way you train the squat and bench, it’s a lot easier to work up to a weight that may not even be much of a grinder where the spine still flexes, which is simply going to be more difficult to recover from and will impact the quality of work you can do for the next couple of days."

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No one can give a definitive answer unless we can see what actually happened, only guess work.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168292533&p=1378041213#post1378041213
    ---
    ☢☢☢☢ Tall Guy Crew ☢☢☢☢
    ☆☆☆MISC INK CREW☆☆☆

sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50) sup_jason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two possibilities:

-you're weak off the push off the floor with your quads
    -your set up form isn't good

Bring it down several lbs and focus on the set up. train the initial push with deficits
    Powerlifter/Bodybuilder
    1RM Sleeveless+Beltless PRs: 460/B:340/D:525

#teamforeverliftingalone

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sup_jason View Post
    -you're weak off the push off the floor with your quads
    Breaking With The Back

Research shows that with a Conventional Deadlift, the back breaks the weight off the floor. (Research Dr Tom McLaughlin, PhD Exercise Biomechanics/former Powerlifter).

Quad drive is secondary in breaking the weight off the floor.

Muscle Firing Sequence

Conventional Deadlift: Back > Legs > Back

Sumo Deadlift: Legs > Back

Leg Drive

So, while leg drive with the quads is important, back "drive" is paramount.

Bring it down several lbs and focus on the set up. train the initial push with deficits
    Pull NOT Push

The Deadlift is a "Pulling Movement". That is why Powerlifter often ask, "How much can you pull?"

NO one will ever reference the Deadlift with, "How much can you push?'

Deficit Deadlift

As you mentioned, this is a good movement for increasing strength off the floor.

While it does tax the quads, ir places even greater overloading on the back and glutes.

Preliminary Research

Research by Bret Contreras, PhDc indicates that increasing glute strength increases your Deadlift. Another topic for another time.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.