FromFlab2Fab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Flabby skin on stomach after having baby...

Ok, I know this is probably a dumb question but I had my 2nd daughter 8/8/11 and I was all belly. I've lost 37 lbs since I've had her but my skin on my belly is so saggy and gross. Is their any way to tighten up the skin or am I screwed with having this saggy skin? Please help, because this is really getting my self-esteem down. And I want to get everything tight due because I want to do a competition. This is something I want to do for me, since my ex left me at 30 weeks. So no rude comments, etc! Thank you!!
    Last edited by FromFlab2Fab; 12-27-2011 at 07:09 AM.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Assuming this is your first child... I would say, first of all, focus on the things you have control over - losing fat, gaining muscle, getting fit and healthy. Second, give it a year - my skin didn't finish retracting for about that long.

Third. You are a mom. We live with the scars of motherhood. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. But it's nearly universal - moms everywhere bear the signs of having children. Get over it! And focus on what you do have control over. With nicely developed shoulders/back/biceps/quads, you won't even notice your belly.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My youngest is 4.5 and my skin still isn't really right on my stomach. My belly button looks horrible and never went back to normal. My belly was seriously huge when I was pregnant. But Oregonchick is right - there isn't anything I can do about it and my abs look pretty good so I don't let some loose skin and an ugly belly button detract from the hard work I've done to get my abs. It's only been a few months so remember it took 9 months for the baby to grow and your body to change. It stands to reason that it will take at least that or more for your body to heal and for things to get back to normal. Hang in there - I know it's tough!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Thank you Danielle. I guess I get discouraged because I see all these girls have babies, then in months are in a bikini like its nothing. I want to do a figure competition so that is why I was asking. Thank you again for the post and have a Happy New Year!!

Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    My youngest is 4.5 and my skin still isn't really right on my stomach. My belly button looks horrible and never went back to normal. My belly was seriously huge when I was pregnant. But Oregonchick is right - there isn't anything I can do about it and my abs look pretty good so I don't let some loose skin and an ugly belly button detract from the hard work I've done to get my abs. It's only been a few months so remember it took 9 months for the baby to grow and your body to change. It stands to reason that it will take at least that or more for your body to heal and for things to get back to normal. Hang in there - I know it's tough!

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can really recommend Bio Oil. It's wonderful for regenerating skin elasticity, getting rid of stretch marks and scaring. It's a little bit more expensive than moisturisers but works well and isn't greasy.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Apart from the initial shrinking back up through the "why the hell does my stomach feel like a pillow?" phase, the condition of my "loose skin" improved the most 10 years after I had my daughter so continue to work on fitness, stay a healthy weight and give it time. Nobody can guarantee you'll be 100% back to normal, but after my experience, I don't think there's a point at which anyone can guarantee that area will never look any better, either.

Thank you ladies very much! I will just do some core exercises and hope that in due time it will look somewhat decent! Happy Training everyone!!

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FromFlab2Fab View Post
    Ok, I know this is probably a dumb question but I had my 2nd daughter 8/8/11 and I was all belly. I've lost 37 lbs since I've had her but my skin on my belly is so saggy and gross. Is their any way to tighten up the skin or am I screwed with having this saggy skin? Please help, because this is really getting my self-esteem down. And I want to get everything tight due because I want to do a competition. This is something I want to do for me, since my ex left me at 30 weeks. So no rude comments, etc! Thank you!!
    Doing this as some sort of rebound or revenge because your ex left you is perhaps a little misguided. The kind of transformation required to compete is HUGE. Takes a LONG time, LOTS of hard work, tons of WILLPOWER... Not saying this to discourage you, but when things get tough, you'd better have more motivation than "sticking it to your ex". Like - this is something that YOU are PASSIONATE about. It's got to be a very strong drive or you won't make it. It's not a 6 month transformation(although you can make tremendous progress in 6 months), it can take a year, or multiple YEARS. You have to enjoy the journey even more than the destination.

Geert81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmmm... I'm a guy, but my sister just had a baby. A huge and heavy baby and her belly was very, very big. Now, we're 3 weeks later and her belly is totally gone. I saw your post and just asked her what her secret was. She told me 'food'. She chose specific foods to get that belly away very quickly and the excess skin disappeared as well! No suger, no carbs, lots of good veggies, NO GLUTEN and some meat/fish/poultry. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Geert81 View Post
    hmmm... I'm a guy, but my sister just had a baby. A huge and heavy baby and her belly was very, very big. Now, we're 3 weeks later and her belly is totally gone. I saw your post and just asked her what her secret was. She told me 'food'. She chose specific foods to get that belly away very quickly and the excess skin disappeared as well! No suger, no carbs, lots of good veggies, NO GLUTEN and some meat/fish/poultry. Hope this helps.
    LOL. Food wasn't her secret...more than likely just good genes. Some people's skin retracts quickly after childbirth and some don't.

Thank you Geert for the post, I appreciate you asking your sister. I have lost 37 lbs since 8/8/11 which is when I gave birth to my daughter. I love the feeling and knowing that me eating healthy is actually working. Starting January 1st, I will start training to not only transform my body but to be healthy. I want to be able to keep up with my kids and also have them live a healthy lifestyle as well. I will not take others negative comments to heart, because I know how much hard work it is.

AliciaChantele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I received Dermelastic Serum from Dermelastic.com promptly and began use immediately. I noticed results within 24 hours of use and was amazed. My purple and red stretch marks faded to a peachy skin color and became significantly less noticeable. I have continued my use on a less than regular basis but haven't noticed a decrease in the product effectiveness. I know that all skin types are different; therefore, everyone's results will be different. My results have been remarkable.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    You may have an umbilical hernia. Might want to ask your OBGYN to check that for you.
    Under Construction.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wink Everything can be fixed (may require surgery)

Saggy skin is normal after one child.. so is torn abdominal wall and umbilical hernias. After two to three add possible vaginal prolapse, separated abdominal wall (diastasis), other hernias, permanent stretch marks, etc.

All depends on genetics, how much weight you gained while pregnant, what shape you were in when you became pregnant, etc. Some things can be helped with exercise (moderate to mild diastasis, toning up skin a bit) other things cannot and require surgery (vaginal prolapse, hernia, severe diastasis).

Don't forget you have options.
    Under Construction.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This thread is from 2011 and OP has 15 posts. safe to say she either figured it out or never made it very far.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    This thread is from 2011 and OP has 15 posts. safe to say she either figured it out or never made it very far.
    Haha. Guilty as charged
    Under Construction.

KaiteAllewe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I have some loose skin. And I want to wear a bikini this summer so using dermelastic serum has helped with tightening my skin and it smells awesome.

Missed this earlier...

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    you'd better have more motivation than "sticking it to your ex".
    Hmm.... happily parading in front of ex with killer bod, is anything more motivating? LOL
    Under Construction.

Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    LOL. Food wasn't her secret...more than likely just good genes. Some people's skin retracts quickly after childbirth and some don't.
    Yes!!! Lol genes play a huge role, I have 3 under 4 and no matter how much of a little extra skin I have I know I've worked damn hard for my gains, just keep up the work and in time it'll all fall into place.

Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashlug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And I just saw how old this thread was! Opps

BiancaQuierrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have 2 babies after my second pregnancy my belly got real wrinkle with stretched marks it’s was really horrible but when I found great Dermelastic Serum on google I order this product I recibed it on time I used it immediately that night before going to sleep and the next day I saw my belly and I SWEAR it was a huge difference my belly was not wrinkle it was really soft and my stretched marks were not the same no more i defiantly recommend Dermelastic Serum ❤️

KayokoOtsuka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AliciaChantele View Post
    I received Dermelastic Serum from Dermelastic.com promptly and began use immediately. I noticed results within 24 hours of use and was amazed. My purple and red stretch marks faded to a peachy skin color and became significantly less noticeable. I have continued my use on a less than regular basis but haven't noticed a decrease in the product effectiveness. I know that all skin types are different; therefore, everyone's results will be different. My results have been remarkable.
    I used this throughout my pregnancy, twice a day, and didn't get any stretch marks.

AilsaJohn001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FromFlab2Fab View Post
    Hi, Dermelastic serum controlled my flabby skin. I had the tummy like what you said. After used this serum everyone could notice the changes. if you are interested its worth to try. thanks!