Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    New Blog- Suck it gravity:

http://deathlessperformance.blogspot.com/

HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Monday-PM Training-

Heel Chord Smashx5mins each leg... have some serious stuff in there. This hurt like a bitch.
    Concentric only broad jumpsx6- Longest one was right at 6 feet.
    Kneeling broad jump x3- 4'1'' was the best one.
    Braod Jumps- 8'6''

100 face pulls w/average band
    50 fat guy abs w/light band

Hammy Flossed x 5mins

Tuesday- ME Upper- 2-14-12-

Tons of warm-up stuff

Close Grip Fat Bar Bench-
    75x15
    165x5x6
    185x6
    255x5
    305x5<~~~ started feeling good
    345x3
    375x1<~~~ smoked
    405x1<~~~ faster than 375
    435x1<~~~ This is the most weight I have ever benched raw with a full ROM without andy accommodated resistance and I crushed it. Probably had 10-15 more pounds but called it a day. I dont want to fail on anything this close to the meet.

Illegal Wides- 165x6, 255x6, 305x6, 345x6

Light 1 arm Overhead Extensions- 5x15
    Face Pulls- String Band-4x20
    M.Mini Pull aparts- x100

muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your really strong man, I hope I'm half as strong as you when I'm older.

Do you have any advice for getting my deadlift up, they've been going down lately and they went down even when my deficits & squats & lockout got stronger. Should I take a break from them?

Originally Posted by muscletraps View Post
    Your really strong man, I hope I'm half as strong as you when I'm older.

Do you have any advice for getting my deadlift up, they've been going down lately and they went down even when my deficits & squats & lockout got stronger. Should I take a break from them?
    Keep sticking with it man. It has taken me a VERY long time to get to where I am now and I still have a lot of work to do.

How often do you pull heavy? What does the rest of your program look like?

Wednesday-2-16-12- RE

5mins face pulls w/ light band
    5mins push downs w/ light band

Max Prowler... more like a shoe max.
    75 feet
    90lbsx2
    320x2
    540x1
    700x1<~~~~ I was wearing a pair of skateboarding shoes because I don't own a pair of "running" or "cross training" shoe. I had to stop three times because they kept falling off. Weight was pretty easy though.

50 Straight leg sit-ups w/20lb db

Thursday-ME Lower-2-16-12

High Hammy Lax Ball
    Leg Swings
    Tons of BW squats

Chain Sus. 14 inch Cambered Bar GMs- Bar was set lower than my start on deadlifts-
    45x3-5x10
    135x5
    225x5
    315x3
    405x1
    Belt
    495x1
    585x1<~~~ smoked it but didn't want to go nuts on this. Hamstring started feeling funny. Normal stuff after the three weeks of hell I have put myself through. My old PR with this height was 405x3

SLDL's- 135x6, 315x6, 405x3, 545x1<~~~ felt heavier than it should. Said eff it because I really wanted a new PR on this so:
    625x6<~~~ 20lb PR, EASY!

Double Overhand Fat Bar DL's
    75x5
    165x1
    255x1
    345x1
    400x0
    Chalk
    400x1
    420x1<~~~~ 20lb PR

255x 40 seconds

I'll do some abs and stretching at the gym later. Awesome last heavy workout before the Arnold.

muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    Keep sticking with it man. It has taken me a VERY long time to get to where I am now and I still have a lot of work to do.

How often do you pull heavy? What does the rest of your program look like?
    Well I've been pulling heavy for a pretty long time I guess, I've been doing it once every week for maybe 10 weeks, including the heavy deficits that I did for several weeks. Some people have told me that I was overtraining, but I thought it only took a few days to recover from heavy pulls.

As for the rest of the program, I'm thinking of doing front squats twice to three times a week (similar to madcows), to strengthen/build my quads because although my squat has made huge progress it's really hamstring dominant and looks like a goodmorning. I'm doing close grip bench/tricep assessories on monday and DB bench/chest assessories friday, which has been working great.

The problem is mainly deadlift. Am I really overtrained from pulling heavy every week, or is it in my head. It's been going down but idk if its cuz of burning out my CNS, or just getting worse at the lift in general.

Well I've been pulling heavy for a pretty long time I guess, I've been doing it once every week for maybe 10 weeks, including the heavy deficits that I did for several weeks. Some people have told me that I was overtraining, but I thought it only took a few days to recover from heavy pulls.

As for the rest of the program, I'm thinking of doing front squats twice to three times a week (similar to madcows), to strengthen/build my quads because although my squat has made huge progress it's really hamstring dominant and looks like a goodmorning. I'm doing close grip bench/tricep assessories on monday and DB bench/chest assessories friday, which has been working great.

The problem is mainly deadlift. Am I really overtrained from pulling heavy every week, or is it in my head. It's been going down but idk if its cuz of burning out my CNS, or just getting worse at the lift in general.
    Even extreme muscle damage can repair itself in about 72 hours if your diet is on point. It can take up to 2 weeks to return to parasympathetic dominance (i.e. 2 weeks to get nervous activity back to baseline). Nothing stresses nervous activity like having a heavy weight in your hands.

So, as far as overtraining, you might not be. You just might not be at 100% by the time you are pulling again. I would strongly suggest only pulling heavy once every 3-4 weeks. So if we are talking a month of training, Week 1 could be a front squat, week 2 could be a deadlift variaiton, week 3 a box squat, week 4 some kind of good morning. Something like that. Then focus all assistance work on your weaknesses. It sounds like you could benefit from some speed pulls and lot's of heavy ab work.

Falling forward in a squat is usually one of three things:

1. Upper back weakness
    2. Technique issue
    3. Poor hip postioning (you can't flex forward with your hips ext. rotated hard).

Does this help at all? Sometimes I ramble a little bit and go off topic. haha.

Thursday- PM Stuff-2-16-12-

Sumo Pulls- 135x50
    Conv.-135x50

Burritto/Nacho/Taco PR... I told the waitress I was going to 'eat until I die' so she was nice enough to bring me 2 pint glasses of sierra mist at a time.

Even extreme muscle damage can repair itself in about 72 hours if your diet is on point. It can take up to 2 weeks to return to parasympathetic dominance (i.e. 2 weeks to get nervous activity back to baseline). Nothing stresses nervous activity like having a heavy weight in your hands.

So, as far as overtraining, you might not be. You just might not be at 100% by the time you are pulling again. I would strongly suggest only pulling heavy once every 3-4 weeks. So if we are talking a month of training, Week 1 could be a front squat, week 2 could be a deadlift variaiton, week 3 a box squat, week 4 some kind of good morning. Something like that. Then focus all assistance work on your weaknesses. It sounds like you could benefit from some speed pulls and lot's of heavy ab work.

Falling forward in a squat is usually one of three things:

1. Upper back weakness
    2. Technique issue
    3. Poor hip postioning (you can't flex forward with your hips ext. rotated hard).

Does this help at all? Sometimes I ramble a little bit and go off topic. haha.
    Yeah man this helps a lot, besides one or two people at my gym I usually can't get any decent advice in regards to the powerlifts. I'm going to take next week off deadlifting just to refresh my back, I pulled heavy to failure for a lot of weeks and I think it will help. However, I thought the method that you recommend is for advanced lifters like yourself, not for crappy lifts like mine. I was thinking of doing a deload after my week off, then working up from there and peaking (pretty much madcows 5x5 for deadlifts). I'm also definately going to implement some speed pulls since my form is out of place from doing deficits only for so long, and ab work cuz I never do it.

Also, for assistance what would be the best choice after deadlifts, goodmornings or glute ham raises? Goodmornings seems great but idk how much they will benefit me after deads.

thanks for the advice man

Yeah man this helps a lot, besides one or two people at my gym I usually can't get any decent advice in regards to the powerlifts. I'm going to take next week off deadlifting just to refresh my back, I pulled heavy to failure for a lot of weeks and I think it will help. However, I thought the method that you recommend is for advanced lifters like yourself, not for crappy lifts like mine. I was thinking of doing a deload after my week off, then working up from there and peaking (pretty much madcows 5x5 for deadlifts). I'm also definately going to implement some speed pulls since my form is out of place from doing deficits only for so long, and ab work cuz I never do it.

Also, for assistance what would be the best choice after deadlifts, goodmornings or glute ham raises? Goodmornings seems great but idk how much they will benefit me after deads.

thanks for the advice man
    For the assistance work, figure out where you are weakest and smash it from every angle.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, my account was just reactivated. haha.

Back from my month long ban. I promise not to post anymore swinging weiner video's when people say stupid things.

Pulled 815 at the Arnold. Missed 832 by an inch. Getting ready for nationals in Orlando in June. Shooting for around 2050 and maybe a spot on the World Team... but that's only going to happen if everyone else has a really bad day. There are some strong ass guys in the 275 open. Anyway, I am deloading this week and then starting up a accumulation/intensification transition block next week. That just means I can start lifting heavy $hit again.

Tuesday-AM-Deload-3-27-12

Did a bunch of speed bench sets with 225 and a reverse light band

DB Bench- 100lbs x 35, 23, 18= 74 total

A billion Throat Presses with 65lbs

Bent Over Rows-135x4x25

PM- 500 challenge in 17:24

Friday- Light stuff.

Bench- 225x35

Pull apartsx100
    Ham Curlsx50 w/ average band
    Standing Abs x 100 w/strong band
    Front Raisesx50

Stretching and contrast showering tonight... pulling a ****ing jet tomorrow.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Getting ready for nationals in Orlando in June. Shooting for around 2050 and maybe a spot on the World Team... but that's only going to happen if everyone else has a really bad day. There are some strong ass guys in the 275 open.
    I'm not entirely sure but I thought Nationals was using the new IPF classes?

What exactly is your pre-workout eating/supplementation protocol? I remember you saying that you don't eat before lifting to maximize caffeine's effectiveness and I have a few weeks of non-intense training coming up where I can experiment with different stuff so I thought I might try it out
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    I'm not entirely sure but I thought Nationals was using the new IPF classes?

What exactly is your pre-workout eating/supplementation protocol? I remember you saying that you don't eat before lifting to maximize caffeine's effectiveness and I have a few weeks of non-intense training coming up where I can experiment with different stuff so I thought I might try it out
    Unless I missed something, which I very well may have, it's still the old weight classes for anything non-international. But, like I said, they could have changed it. I have no idea.

Right now, before heavy training I am slamming as much coffee as I possibly can mixed with 20g protein (enough to inhibit any muscle wasting from not eating before training/after sleeping but not enough to spike insulin), 5g creatine, and some coconut milk.

During training, I sip on MP Assault the entire workout.

I do my heavy training pretty early (around 9am) after my early morning clients. Training later in the day requires a little more structure and finesse to get this to work optimally.

Fair warning, the first couple weeks suck. All your hunger hormones go ballistic because your body is so used to food, mainly carbs, before training. Do your best to ignore it. Once that subsides, someone could crash a frieght train into you while you are squatting and you'd be too focused to even notice it.

Sunday (day after tuggin' a jet)- 4-1-12- DE Lower- 12 weeks out

Tons of rolling and stretching even though all that stuff is bad for you.

Squats- SSB- Low Box- 305lbs+165 in bands
    12x2

Pulls- 365lbs+ 300 in bands- 10x1

Rack Pulls-5 hole (just below knee... right where I start to suck)- + 250 in bands-

245x6
    335x6
    425x6
    515x6
    605x6<~~~ old PR with less tension and a belt.

Monday-4-2-12- AM

Face Pulls- Lightx100
    Push Downs- Monter Mini x 50
    One arm OH- x 50 x each arm
    Push Downs x 50
    Face Pulls- Lightx100

More in a little bit.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless I missed something, which I very well may have, it's still the old weight classes for anything non-international. But, like I said, they could have changed it. I have no idea.

Right now, before heavy training I am slamming as much coffee as I possibly can mixed with 20g protein (enough to inhibit any muscle wasting from not eating before training/after sleeping but not enough to spike insulin), 5g creatine, and some coconut milk.

During training, I sip on MP Assault the entire workout.

I do my heavy training pretty early (around 9am) after my early morning clients. Training later in the day requires a little more structure and finesse to get this to work optimally.

Fair warning, the first couple weeks suck. All your hunger hormones go ballistic because your body is so used to food, mainly carbs, before training. Do your best to ignore it. Once that subsides, someone could crash a frieght train into you while you are squatting and you'd be too focused to even notice it.
    Thanks man, I'll do pretty much exactly that except I'll just do a pre-workout instead of coffee and I might do a tablespoon of coconut oil instead of milk
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Thanks man, I'll do pretty much exactly that except I'll just do a pre-workout instead of coffee and I might do a tablespoon of coconut oil instead of milk
    Cool, let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with. Also, one thing about your pre-workout, do a check on the ingredients (especially the sweetners if there are any). If there is anything in it that makes your insulin rise even a little bit, you might as well eat a loaf of white bread and a stack of potato pancakes before you train. The key to this is keeping that insulin response as low as possible.

Let me know how it goes.

Monday-4-2-12- More.

Kneeling Jumps to Box Jumps-

12inch x 10
    17x3
    20x3
    30x3
    34x3
    36x1
    39x1
    40x1
    43x1

Sled- the sled is about 45lbs, I guess?- Focused on driving through my heels, staying upright, keeping my hips pushed through, and walking as explosively as I possibly could.
    135x80 yards
    270x 30 yards x 6 trips
    400 something x 20 yards x 6 trips<~~~ started slowing down and breaking form on the last one so I stopped

Spread Eagle Sit-Ups 50lb DB x 5 x10
    Super Secret Russian Deadlift Exercise- 50lb Kettlebell x 100 reps

Backloaded with:

3 Spicey Chicken Sandwiches
    64 ounces of Coke
    3 Large Fries
    1 litre of orange soda
    half a gallon of gatorade

Benching is going to be awesome tomorrow.

mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrodock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mike,

Check out the Nationals entry form, looks like the USAPL is switching to the IPF weight classes come June 13, 2012. Look forward to watching you lift at nationals and hopefully meet you.

Matt

Originally Posted by mrodock View Post
    Hey Mike,

Check out the Nationals entry form, looks like the USAPL is switching to the IPF weight classes come June 13, 2012. Look forward to watching you lift at nationals and hopefully meet you.

Matt
    Jesus Christ. Of course they are. What they hell is this federation doing? Oh well, f*ck it. I'll drop to 265 and set a national deadlift record. haha.

Thanks for letting me know.

Tuesday-4-3-12- ME Upper

Bench-
    135x2x10
    185x10
    225x5
    315x3
    365x3
    2 Board
    405x3
    52 RageX
    455x3
    495x3
    525x3
    550x2<~~~~ wanted 3 but shut it down at 2. This is like a 50lb PR or something ridiculous

Inc DB Bench- 30'sx20, 70's x 41
    Inc DB Rollbacks- 35x6, 45x6, 55x5, 65x6, 75x6, 85x6

Bent Over Rev. Flys- 15's x 3 x 25

Bench feels awesome.

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very much in on this shiz.
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun

Wednesday- Extra

Tons of ext. rot w/mini band
    Chaos Bench- 95lbs x 100
    Medium Sled- 180x 10 trips x 40 yards

Thursday-4-5-12- ME Lower

SSB Squats- Low Box- 165x5, 255x5, 345x5
    Suit Bottoms and Belt
    435x3
    525x3
    575x3<~~~~ PR so shut it down. MAYBE had a little more. Another bad nights sleep last night so I feel like a msashed bag of buttholes.

Sumo Deads- Worked up to 495 for 10.

SSB Upper Back GMs- 165x2x20, 255x2x15, 345x2x10

Friday=4=6=12= DE Upper

Kinda.

Bench-Fat Bar- Onyx Bands (the tension on these is nuts)- 205x12x2

Felt ****ty so just did this:

Close Grip Fat Bar+onyx bands- x50 reps
    Wide Gripx 50 reps

Rev. Fat Bar Curls- 75x50
    Onyx Hammer Curls- x50

Swole, brah.

Saturday- Returning to parasympathetic dominance/wanted to run myself into the ground- 4-7-12-

My secret fat burning breakfast:

A gallon of coffee mixed with coconut milk, 20g whey, 5g creatine. Chugged.

Secret fat burning workout:
    Prowler w/ 180lbs. Suicides. 10 yard intervals for 30 yards... this is 120 yards per suicide if you are counting. High handles up, low handles back.

3 suicides in 12:17 actualy trip time. Didnt keep track of rest because it really doesnt matter with this.

Rolled out my quads/it bands, pretty sure I saw a viking fly by on a teredactyl... he had a megaphone in his hand and kept yelling "Open your mind, Quade" at me. Either the world is finally turning into everything I have ever wanted it to be or I have the Prowler AIDS.

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

A gallon of coffee mixed with coconut milk, 20g whey, 5g creatine. Chugged.
    That sounds absolutely disgusting.

Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    That sounds absolutely disgusting.
    Actually, depending on the sweetner used in the protein, it is absolutely deliscious.

Sunday-4-8-12-DE Lower- 11 weeks out- This week is a tansitional block. I've got a lot of time but want to get work in my gear. Most of this week will be raw, but heavy.

SSB Squats-Low Box, Suit Bottoms, no belt- 305+Avg.x2x2, added light bandsx12x2

Sumo Pulls- Quaded Minis- 315x3x1, 405x9x1<~~~ pretty quick. These always scare the **** out of me because of my hamstring tear. They felt pretty solid today

Close Stance SSB GMs- Bent knee- 75x20, 165x4x20
    Barbell Side Bends-135x3x10
    Back Ext.- 30lbs x 3x20

Tire Flips- 400lbs... I knew this was going to be bad today. Since the pollen count is more pollen than air, I was already having an asthma attack from the rest of the workout. I dropped the tire on the ground, hit the stopwatch, bent down, got my first flip. While taking in a huge, deep breath and dropping down for the next flip, the jarring of the tire hitting the ground released a green poison death clown that seemed to bee-line straight for my eyes and open mouth. After about 5 minutes of choking and clawing my eyes out, I managed to get my **** together enough to finish the ****ing exercise.

Tire- 400lbs- 50 flip in 4:10. PR.

Now I need to go find one of those high school science lab eye wash stations and hope to god this headache goes away at some point.