Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

people that don't eat everything on their plate

make me rage.

so fukin wasteful.

why fill your plate with food that you can't finish?

i have cousins that do this when we get together for the holidays. i want to call them out on it. but i feel they would get offended or something.

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I support leaving food in your plate if you are full. Big reason why so many people are fat its because they ignore their fullness and eat until they finish whats in front of them.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ I Agree.

dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mannydawg View Post
    I support leaving food in your plate if you are full. Big reason why so many people are fat its because they ignore their fullness and eat until they finish whats in front of them.
    I'm with my main man manny.
    see my penis log here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147914253&p=944065703#post944065703

Bangs girls, kisses guys crew
    Nicholson Nods Crew

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    make me rage.

so fukin wasteful.

i have cousins that do this when we get together for the holidays. i want to call them out on it. but i feel they would get offended or something.
    I agree with you, it makes me think you are lucky to get food so eat it instead of wasting it! Y put it in your plate in the first place if you cant finish it!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What business is it of yours? Did you cook the meal? Did you pay for it? If you're talking about wasted food, the vast majority of it is tossed before it even reaches the marketplace.

Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i understand that logic if they do it on rare occasions.

but if you're a grown ass adult, and still haven't figured out how to judge your appetite than i'm calling you out.

every time our families get together i will see my cousins throwing out food from their plates. i just think that's really wasteful.

i could probably apply this to the general population. most ppl probably throw away a lot of food cause they are clueless about portions.

it's probably because they don't understand the concept of moderation or that they can afford to be wasteful. i think when ppl see a lot of food they don't register that there is a scarcity of food generally speaking. strikes me as rather ignorant behavior.

Originally Posted by Noviceplus View Post
    What business is it of yours? Did you cook the meal? Did you pay for it? If you're talking about wasted food, the vast majority of it is tossed before it even reaches the marketplace.
    agreed with your latter point. the food chain in most developed nations is mighty inefficient. but that isn't going to make me feel apathetic about wasting food like it seems you are.

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    but if you're a grown ass adult, and still haven't figured out how to judge your appetite than i'm calling you out.
    Are you that clueless? Or just that stupid?

Are you that clueless? Or just that stupid?
    just to be clear, mr mannydawg, i'm talking about people that have put the food that is on their plates themselves. not a portion given out say at a restaurant.

Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    agreed with your latter point. the food chain in most developed nations is mighty inefficient. but that isn't going to make me feel apathetic about wasting food like it seems you are.
    You sound like some political zealot that thinks insignificant things make a difference - They don't, especially if you're too wimpy to express your own views to those that matter the most. That's to say, if you really cared about the issue, you'd at the least speak up and encourage those around you to make better judgements when filling their plates.

In other words, do stop being fake.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    make me rage.

so fukin wasteful.

Yes it is sickening .. one thing is you do it on occasion because you thought you were hungry and filled up quicker than you thought
    but some people do it as an habit , really really disgusting I work in the food business I see all kind

PS: but this thread should be in the misc section not here
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Originally Posted by Noviceplus View Post
    You sound like some political zealot that thinks insignificant things make a difference - They don't, especially if you're too wimpy to express your own views to those that matter the most. That's to say, if you really cared about the issue, you'd at the least speak up and encourage those around you to make better judgements when filling their plates.

In other words, do stop being fake.
    so according to you, if i speak up i'm a political zealot. if i don't say anything i'm being fake.

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strikes me as rather ignorant behavior.
    couldn't agree more

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the food chain in most developed nations is mighty inefficient.
    It's just the opposite, which is why food is so plentiful and inexpensive in the developed world.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    It's just the opposite, which is why food is so plentiful and inexpensive in the developed world.
    No it isn't .. it is plentiful but not efficient , efficiency would equal less waste
    we waste tons of food just to manipulate market prices .. we "over" everything, to the point that we throw away tons of produce every year to maintain profitability

that is not efficiency...

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    No it isn't .. it is plentiful but not efficient , efficiency would equal less waste
    we waste tons of food just to manipulate market prices .. we "over" everything, to the point that we throw away tons of produce every year to maintain profitability ...that is not efficiency...
    You're conflating the efficiency of the food chain (supply chain) with end user consumption. The two are separate issues. Yield efficiency is exceptional high while distribution costs and loss factors are remarkably low in the developed world.

By way of example, a car's fuel efficiency is determined by how much fuel it uses to travel a set distance, not by the amount of miles the end user drives.

You're conflating the efficiency of the food chain (supply chain) with end user consumption. The two are separate issues. Yield efficiency is exceptional high while distribution costs and loss factors are remarkably low in the developed world.

By way of example, a car's fuel efficiency is determined by how much fuel it uses to travel a set distance, not by the amount of miles the end user drives.
    Over producing is not efficient if you have to throw it away to maintain profitability or keep up with demand ...

efficiency**

Efficiency in general describes the extent to which time or effort is well used for the intended task or purpose. It is often used with the specific purpose of relaying the capability of a specific application of effort to produce a specific outcome effectively with a minimum amount or quantity of waste, expense, or unnecessary effort. "Efficiency" has widely varying meanings in different disciplines.

on the other hand in "less developed" countries more specifically countries that still relies heavily on traditional agriculture methods , small/medium family farming etc.. whatever is farmed or produced is rarely wasted.. that is efficiency by definition

and it's funny you use cars as an analogy because the car instance does exactly support my idea of efficient ... an efficient vehicle is the one that uses the least amount of energy to perform the task
    in other words less waste of fuel= more efficiency
    the food industry is no different
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 12-24-2011 at 12:53 PM.

so according to you, if i speak up i'm a political zealot. if i don't say anything i'm being fake.
    Both are fake. All zealots do is yell and point out the problem without doing anything to fix the issue or offering up real solutions. All you're doing on an issue that you claim matters to you is complain about it. If it really mattered to you, why didn't you speak up at the table or afterwards? You didn't act or speak up when it mattered. That makes you fake.

And, again, it doesn't sound like you prepared or paid for the food. In other words, it has no real impact on you. Again, that's the behavior of zealots - Reacting on things that don't have a direct impact on you, but allows you to be all high and mighty.

on the other hand in "less developed" countries more specifically countries that still relies heavily on traditional agriculture methods , small/medium family farming etc.. whatever is farmed or produced is rarely wasted.. that is efficiency by definition
    Totally incorrect.

By your definition, the greatest farming efficiency would be in those countries that are suffering the greatest famine.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can count on one hand the number of times I've left anything on the plate.

Enjoyment of eating always overpowers the feeling of being full/satiated.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started a thread like this, im glad there are other people out there like me. I actually do call people out on it... It is good to suggest (especially on meat) for that food to be saved for you in a container in the fridge. Usually when I cook and have excess I save it then go give it out to the needy

ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In some cultures it's polite to leave food on your plate.

Originally Posted by ajay12 View Post
    In some cultures it's polite to leave food on your plate.
    which ones?? I am honestly curious .. i live in 3 different continents and always find the opposite to be true some people get down right offended and rightly so
    it's very offensive to your host to not respect what you have in your plate especially when it's meat .. an animal has died to feed you

Totally incorrect.

By your definition, the greatest farming efficiency would be in those countries that are suffering the greatest famine.
    You're not reading it right .. if you can't produce any food you can't be inefficient in producing it

a less developed country is not just a country suffering from famine , it is a country less dependent on machineries and GMO seeds for example

You're not reading it right .. if you can't produce any food you can't be inefficient in producing it

a less developed country is not just a country suffering from famine , it is a country less dependent on machineries and GMO seeds for example
    You're clearly confused. Please read my posts again. If you still don't understand, all I can do is wish you luck.

You're clearly confused. Please read my posts again. If you still don't understand, all I can do is wish you luck.
    And I am thinking you're confused ah !!

Stay humble, not pathetic sailingpece's Avatar
    sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    I can count on one hand the number of times I've left anything on the plate.

Enjoyment of eating always overpowers the feeling of being full/satiated.
    Satiation is by definition the sensation of fullness during an eating episode that contributes to eating cessation.
    Correlation does not imply causation. The Plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

When you believe in things you don't understand you suffer, superstition aint the way.

Lets Not talk about what COULD be, nor what WOULD be, but rather what really is.

I'm not an MD, nor am I a bro scientist.

ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajay12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    which ones?? I am honestly curious .. i live in 3 different continents and always find the opposite to be true some people get down right offended and rightly so
    it's very offensive to your host to not respect what you have in your plate especially when it's meat .. an animal has died to feed you
    I know that in some Chinese cultures, eating all the food on your plate comes across as you wanting to eat more food, or that you aren't full. Leaving food on your plate shows that you have had your feed and you "aren't a pig"

Needless to say, food left on my plate is devoured and I a second plate of food is on its way. Chop chop g'ma, im ****ing hungry.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Leaving food on your plate is totally fine.

Throwing it away is the wasteful part.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...