Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Should I train biceps and triceps together?

Or is it more effective to train biceps with back and triceps with chest?

HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump, im trying to figure this sh*t out too

rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjavi10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HoneycombBandit View Post
    bump, im trying to figure this sh*t out too
    Yea bro it seems like it could work both ways but alot of people I know workout bi's and tri's seperately

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Personal preference IMO.

Plenty of great physiques built using both methods. As long as you're adding weight to the bar over time, I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Registered User STEELCITYMUSCLE's Avatar
    STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It ok to train them on there own day or with other bodyparts, it's up to you and whatever your preference is.. or if your arms are really lagging you can give them there own separate day.

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mix it up and do whatever you want, so long as it works for you.

I've done biceps and triceps together, biceps and chest, triceps and traps, I've done them both on their own days, I basicall mix it up and try any combination at least once.

Give it a go, if it works, implement it more, if not, so what? Shake it off and try something different next time around.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're eating right, train it all at once.

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

maximumride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

id say to do them separately, only because if I'm working out my triceps (60% of your arm) AND my biceps, I'm sore and can't wrestle/train well. Id say if you eat right and train like upper body one day and lower another, go for it.
    ..This boys gonna be better than anyone's ever been before..
    >> Get Big Nation <<
    Takedown Club

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by maximumride View Post
    id say to do them separately, only because if I'm working out my triceps (60% of your arm) AND my biceps, I'm sore and can't wrestle/train well. Id say if you eat right and train like upper body one day and lower another, go for it.
    ...And he weighs 132. Therefore, you should train them on the same day.

maximumride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    138 now, upped a weight class. Didn't see the weight difference tho, good call. but i also do high reps not high weight during season
    ..This boys gonna be better than anyone's ever been before..
    >> Get Big Nation <<
    Takedown Club

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ive been doing them together for 6 years. LOVE IT. 1 set bis, 1 set tris, 1 set bis, 1 set tris..... my arms swell like crazy!

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is a personal preference, just like stated above. Working the back indirectly works the biceps, so why not hit them while you're at it?
    Top 3 Lana Del Rey albums:
    1. Norman ****ing Rockwell!
    2. Honeymoon
    3. Lust For Life

#PureMichigan

reverewrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reverewrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reverewrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reverewrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reverewrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RainingBlood View Post
    It is a personal preference, just like stated above. Working the back indirectly works the biceps, so why not hit them while you're at it?
    From what I've read, Arnold Schwarzanegger trained biceps + back. I know people who do triceps + back, and it worked well for them aswell, like people stated above, many different methods will work. You're biceps and triceps are different muscles, so if your excersizes are mainly isolating them, they shouldnt affect one another too much in terms of how much weight you will be able to lift. I personally do triceps+chest, and biceps+shoulders/back, because i can work close grip benching and dips in which work both chest and triceps, and i can work chinups and a few other shoulder/back excersizes along with biceps well. But it's whatever works for you bro.

carrera4s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ideally you want your arms strong for doing big lifts. That is you want your triceps fully recovered when doing bench press or your bench press will suffer. Similarly you want your biceps recovered on your back day. Don't let a little muscle get in the way of training a bigger muscle. Depending on how heavy you lift it can take a week to fully recover. Therefore training both on the same day makes it difficult to design a program where you can come back and do the big lifts with fully recovered arms. I just don't see any advantage to doing them on the same day.

bayleydb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to train Biceps and Back and then another day Triceps and Chest together, but just to mix it up I now train Biceps with Chest and Triceps with Back and I still see similar results, as long as your not having to train a muscle that is already worked and in the process of repairing itself. Some people will agree or disagree with the effect of these particular body parts together. My gym buddy recently changed from one philosophy to another. I think as long as you are seeing comfortable results and are upping weight in both areas equally, then go for it! All the best

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    well fridays are my arm day where i train bi's and tri's together man. i usually do it in superset form where i'll do a tricep exercise then go to a bicep exercise. i've been doing that for a while now and it seems to be working for me pretty well. but another thing i also do is mondays with chest i'll do one or two tricep exercises and tuesdays after back i'll do the same thing, then i have wed and thursday to rest up the bi and tri and then hit it hard again friday.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just do an Upper/Lower body split and eat like a fuuark so train both Bi's and Tri's on same day,
    Works for me

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think it depends on your goals...when starting out it is not wise to have an arms day -- focus instead on the core lifts. however as i've become more advanced in lifting i wanted to bring up my arms so i dedicated a day to arms and saw good progress training bi and tri together

Carmex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its not whether you should or you should'nt, what really matters is making a plan and sticking to it. But I have had many layouts involving just bi's and tri's with results I am proud of, so I say give it a shot!

bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50) bradstearns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All of the advice above is valid. The key is that whatever you chose works for you. My BLOG enrty "If It Works It Works" provides some additional comments toward that end.

I personally like to work tris after chest and bis after back. It lets me hit both hard, with a minimum number of focused sets and affords greater recuperation between workouts. Even if I have to cut the workout short, Im getting a decent tri workout with my pressing movements and a great bi work out with all of the varuous pulls and rows.

Best of luck with your training.
    Brad Stearns

NGA Pro
    Precision Nutrition Certified
    MBSR Trained
    American Mensa Member
    www.bradstearns.com
    www.********.com/NoLimitsHealthFitness

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the push-pull split.

HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) HoneycombBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by carrera4s View Post
    Ideally you want your arms strong for doing big lifts. That is you want your triceps fully recovered when doing bench press or your bench press will suffer. Similarly you want your biceps recovered on your back day. Don't let a little muscle get in the way of training a bigger muscle. Depending on how heavy you lift it can take a week to fully recover. Therefore training both on the same day makes it difficult to design a program where you can come back and do the big lifts with fully recovered arms. I just don't see any advantage to doing them on the same day.
    This is how i always felt bout it

Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Debates on effectiveness or usefulness aside, there is something fun and rewarding to the feeling of having a pump in both your biceps and triceps simultaneously.

Just started the arnold workout and its Bi's/tri's/shoulders/forearms on the same day... ****s intense

IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100) IAuMaZinGI is not very well liked. (-100)
    back and bicep on day and chest and tricep next day dont use your bicep or tricep for a day and let your muscles rest and then you can have an arm day were you do both

noisewater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noisewater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noisewater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go to bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold_arm_secrets.htm

Trythose Arnie arm workouts. Both versions do bis and tris on the same day.

They hurt like hell, but they work man.

science2muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Train them together, and supersetting a bi's exercise with a tri's exercise works really well because the body does something called "reciprocal intervention" which means that when your biceps are working, your triceps (which are the opposite, antagonistic muscle) are "super-relaxed" so that they don't impede your biceps from working. This means that you should be able to handle a bit more weight than usual because of the better blood flow and relaxation beforehand.

Also, never work triceps with chest/biceps with back because they'll just get fatigued first and you wont be able to handle as much weight.
    "When the latest word in bodybuilding confuses you, turn to science. If that doesn't help, just lift heavier."

www.sciencetomuscle.blogspot.com

SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJorgensen91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can even try doing tri's with back and bi's with chest. Ive don the chest and tri's and back with bi's as well. Now Im trying training both biceps and triceps the same day. I like the last way best because you can just focus on working those muscle groups really hard and not worry about them already being fatigued from their involuntary movements in other lifts. You can just drain your arms with exercises designed strictly to hit those muscles.

JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rjavi10 View Post
    Or is it more effective to train biceps with back and triceps with chest?
    bcieps and triceps together

would be what we all like to call an "arm" day. . .

and it all works either way, however split schedule you have.

u can do back, bi, chest tri. or u can do back tri. and chest bi. or just have a diff arm day.