TopDog100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie needing help

First a brief background on my self I'm 23, weighing 12stone, 5.8" in height and a student in the UK :-)
    I did go to the gym for about 6months about five years ago but i didn't follow it through, i was young and easily distracted. But now I'm 100% dedicated and i had a few questions regarding gaining muscle so thought i would join the forum and gain some knowledge from some of you experienced body builders.

I have recently took up Jogging in the past 3months to get into shape. I can run a full 4miles without stopping which is a big accomplishment as i was pretty unhealthy to begin with. But now i want to join the gym, start eating healthy and eating the right food to gain muscle. I have read a few articles and threads about which food to eat but i don't really cook. I wanted to know were i can get info on how to cook these foods and how some of you learnt how to cook these foods and your daily meals.

P.S i was going to upload some pics of my current body shape but can't until i reach 50 posts :-(

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TopDog100 View Post
    i was going to upload some pics of my current body shape but can't until i reach 50 posts :-(
    I think you can still upload a profile pic? Try that and see if it lets you.

I'm not trying to discourage you but I'd probably consider some other resources for cooking ideas. Not saying there aren't helpful people here because there certainly are, but it sounds like you're looking for cooking advice moreso than nutritional advice.

Lastly and just to be blunt. don't be fooled into thinking that you should only be eating from a small list of "bodybuilder" foods. Variety in your diet is a great thing and just use some common sense. Focus on hitting your kcalorie/pro/fat/cho targets by end of day and don't be a buttnut when making food choices and you'll do quite well.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    I think you can still upload a profile pic? Try that and see if it lets you.

I'm not trying to discourage you but I'd probably consider some other resources for cooking ideas. Not saying there aren't helpful people here because there certainly are, but it sounds like you're looking for cooking advice moreso than nutritional advice.

Lastly and just to be blunt. don't be fooled into thinking that you should only be eating from a small list of "bodybuilder" foods. Variety in your diet is a great thing and just use some common sense. Focus on hitting your kcalorie/pro/fat/cho targets by end of day and don't be a buttnut when making food choices and you'll do quite well.

Cheers for the advice buddy. Any idea on were to get "know how" on cooking healthy meals? Were did you start or does some one cook for you?

Bump

Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U Mad?

"Those who have different eating habit don't force everyone else to eat like them, yet everyone else makes their lives difficult. That's some close-minded sh*t right there"-MikeK

Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Premize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may be 100% dedicated to get yourself in shape, but I know that there are those who aren't so willing to go on a strict, but healthy diet. What I mean by this is, adding no salt, sauces or sugar to anything.

I usually have sweet potatoes, brown rice, oats, quinoa, lentils and sometimes wholemeal/rye bread for carbohydrates.

For protein, I have chicken, turkey, fish (all kinds), whey, nuts, seeds, beans, milk and you can get your protein from vegetables and certain carbs such as quinoa, oats, lentils and beans. Sometimes I have eggs if I feel like them.

My fat comes from the eggs, seeds, nuts, milk, sometimes olive oil meat and fish.

If you're a man of simple taste, then this is perfect for you, because you can cook every meal without having that much skill in cooking. Everything here is really easy to cook and even if you're having trouble with something, a YouTube video will give you a guide on how to cook it.

EDIT: I forgot cottage cheese, but that's quite high in salt, so I only have that when I run out of milk.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." — Bruce Lee.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TopDog100 View Post
    Any idea on were to get "know how" on cooking healthy meals?
    Google is your friend; there's a vast amount of cooking instruction on the 'webz.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733