Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000)

New here, need some diet/nutrition help

Hey guys.. I'm new to the BB site as well as bulking up and such, so I'm looking for some guidance with a few questions. What is a good diet or what are some good foods to be eating? I know my calorie intake needs to be greater than what I burn, but how do I know how much I should be taking in? Can anybody recommend a good program to follow or anything that i can use to gain weight? Right now I'm 5'7" 128lbs. I'd like to gain 30lbs or so, and am looking for suggestions. Thanks guys, if this isn't in the right forum feel free to move it, I wasn't sure where to put it.
    Isaiah 53:5 - "...by His wounds we are healed."

Snapchat: dynex_87

Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000) Eskimo10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    One more question - How do you avoid cramping if you're eating so much? I lift in the afternoon between lunch and dinner and I play soccer after dinner usually two nights a week right now, but find that if I'm eating a lot of calories and stuff (which equates to a lot of food) I cramp up during soccer or lifting. How do you avoid it?
    Isaiah 53:5 - "...by His wounds we are healed."

Snapchat: dynex_87

molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10) molestbrahh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lmao... Your question is 2 years old... But I learned that if I ate a tablespoon of peanut butter before basketball or soccer practice/games I wouldn't get the cramps. I was younger so I can't say I remember how much or when I was eating but I found out when I did that I no longer got cramps.

Hope this helps op

I'm gonna try it again when I start cutting cuz fuk dem side cramps

Location: Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Theo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

Hey dude, in case you are still here after 2 years, and im a nice guy.
    For bulking, Eat more than your BMR (Basal metabolic rate) Which is what your body uses in the day, and what you should eat to maintain weight
    For a simple way of finding your Base Metabolic rate in calories is to multiply your body-weight in lbs by 15.
    Then for a nice slow bulk, and to minimize fat gain, add on 500 calories
    So for me, i weigh 180lbs, so times that by fifteen i get 2700 and to bulk i add 500 calories wich takes me to 3200 calories a day

As far as your nutrition goes, eat cleanly; this means whole unprocessed foods and add in shakes to supplement your nutrient intake
    Make sure your shakes only SUPPLEMENT, your protein/carb intake, dont live off them.
    Macros should go around 40% Carbs 40% Protein 20%fat
    For my diet this comes to 309.4g carbs 350.7g protein 60.8g fat

My bulking diet goes pretty much like this every day

Breakfast : 100G Oats with a serving of Nutrabolics fighters food Carbs: 116g Protein 25g
    And then i eat another six meals around my workout
    Theese consist of the right amounts of nutrients and are based on
    Carbs

Whole Wheat Breads

Whole Wheat Pasta
    Oats
    Sweet Potato
    Brocolli
    Spinach

Proteins
    Egg White
    Chicken
    Lean beef
    Turkey

Fats
    Avocado's
    Peanut Butter
    Oily Fish (Salmon, Mackerel)

Protein Powders
    Gaspari Myofusion
    Gaspari Intra-Pro
    Nutrabolics Fighters Food
    ON 100% Casein

Supplements
    Gaspari Anavite
    Krill Oil (For Omega 3's and other good stuff

I eat all vegetables whenever i can (brocolli, spinach, carrots) all that good stuff

Also, water is incredibly important think the human body is 70% water!, it will also help with your cramping, drink AT LEAST a gallon a day!!
    Banana's also help with cramping I believe, so maybe eat one before your footy?

This is all in conjunction with a hard weight training regime, if you train hard and eat right you will grow!
    Hope i have helped!
    ~Theo
    Last edited by Theo1; 12-26-2011 at 04:19 PM.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by molestbrahh View Post
    Lmao... Your question is 2 years old... But I learned that if I ate a tablespoon of peanut butter before basketball or soccer practice/games I wouldn't get the cramps. I was younger so I can't say I remember how much or when I was eating but I found out when I did that I no longer got cramps.

Hope this helps op

I'm gonna try it again when I start cutting cuz fuk dem side cramps
    WTF - you know it's a 2 year old thread yet still reply to the OP

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    WTF - you know it's a 2 year old thread yet still reply to the OP
    Maybe he's the ghost of Christmas past?