Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajay12 View Post
    I know that in some Chinese cultures, eating all the food on your plate comes across as you wanting to eat more food, or that you aren't full. Leaving food on your plate shows that you have had your feed and you "aren't a pig"

Needless to say, food left on my plate is devoured and I a second plate of food is on its way. Chop chop g'ma, im ****ing hungry.

That's interesting .. thanks
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't waste food, ever!

If I don't clean my plate...the dog does :P

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Leaving a little food on your plate is polite. It's a gesture to the chef that you've been adequately fed.

But in all seriousness, OP. I think there are other reasons in your life that are making you "rage" Take a chill pill, bro. Not everyone can be perfect like you.

Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @wonderpug

"You're conflating the efficiency of the food chain (supply chain) with end user consumption. The two are separate issues. Yield efficiency is exceptional high while distribution costs and loss factors are remarkably low in the developed world."

ok i think i understand your point.

but isn't it possible to have a high yield without being efficient? just because the US has an abundance of food on the supply side doesn't necessarily mean it's efficient. i am no expert on this so correct me if i'm wrong since it seems you know what your talking about. there are plenty of other factors that play a role. you say distribution costs are low in the developed world. wouldn't cheaper gas prices contribute to that? access to better equipment? so how is that more efficient if efficiency as i understand it is how you make due with the resources you have.

everything i've read on how ppl get their food globally has led me to believe that it's the trade laws that play the biggest role in food pricing. efficiency has little to do with how much we pay for food. for example oxfam is a charity organization that is trying to make food trade laws (yea don't know technical term) more fair for poor nations...in some cases nations that produce a lot of food but still suffer from a starving population.

Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    Leaving a little food on your plate is polite. It's a gesture to the chef that you've been adequately fed.

But in all seriousness, OP. I think there are other reasons in your life that are making you "rage" Take a chill pill, bro. Not everyone can be perfect like you.
    meh sure i guess i have issues. ignorant, wasteful behavior irritates me. i'm ok with that. i wouldn't have it any other way. maybe if people weren't so defensive we could make some real impactful positive changes eh? maybe we can evolve past silly gestures such as wasting food to give the chef a boner?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    @wonderpug...
    "You're conflating the efficiency of the food chain (supply chain) with end user consumption. The two are separate issues. Yield efficiency is exceptional high while distribution costs and loss factors are remarkably low in the developed world."

ok i think i understand your point.
    but isn't it possible to have a high yield without being efficient? just because the US has an abundance of food on the supply side doesn't necessarily mean it's efficient. i am no expert on this so correct me if i'm wrong since it seems you know what your talking about. there are plenty of other factors that play a role. you say distribution costs are low in the developed world. wouldn't cheaper gas prices contribute to that? access to better equipment? so how is that more efficient if efficiency as i understand it is how you make due with the resources you have.
    I'm using the standard definition as would be applied in operations research.