Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Savageous gets serious about recovery with SNI's BCAA BLAST!

Introduction:

December 22, 2011

The Product:

The Details:

SNI's BCAA BLAST is a branched chain amino acid supplement that uses the traditional 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA supplements but adds in an isolated metabolite of the BCAA leucine in leucic acid known as HICA. In addition, SNI uses only the best, Ajinomoto BCAA's and includes an advanced form of glutamine to further aid recovery.

The end result? Using BCAA BLAST daily after training will allow you to train harder and more often. This means that you should be able to train harder and more often to build more lean muscle and strength faster!

About Me:

I'm 30, 73 inches tall and I currently weigh 225 pounds. I list my workout scheme a little later.

Starter Pics:

Back:

Front:

Other Supplements:

Animal Flex and USPLabs Compound 20. C:20 is for ten more days. I use Animal Flex daily. Nothing else.

The Workouts:

This much almost never changes. The only difference is that I occasionally switch up the cardio machine I use.

30 minutes on the stepmill. Interval setting at 15.

Two sets of 50 each situps. Monster setted with two sets of 50 each pushups and two each sets of 10 each pullups.

Two sets of 20 each leg lifts. Monster setted with two sets of planks (held for a minute) followed by two sets of 10 pullups using a different grip.

From there the weight workouts change daily. I workout 6 times a week with one day being nothing but an hour of cardio. Day 1 - 6 looks like this:

Shoulders
    Back
    Chest
    Legs
    All Cardio
    Arms
    Rest Day

Then it all repeats.

Musings:

I've adapted a lot of my training to finally get HEALTHY. For so long I was lifting and battling small injuries continuously because, as I told myself, I had that "lifters mentality". So stupid. I neglected a lot of core work because I thought that I was doing enough by tightening those muscles during heavy lifts. Not so. I suffered a nasty slew of back injuries due to this neglect this summer. Afterwards, I spent two months doing cardio only as that was all I could do. After two months I was ready to hit the weights again. I realized, however, that I was actually finally 100 percent. For years I had felt like 70 percent was my 100 percent. So when I felt okay I thought that was great. Now I feel great. Very great. I'm keeping it like that. I do lots of core work including my TRX (which goes everywhere I go) that I never consider in my log because I do it when I'm bored and not at the gym. I only do two sets of everything because my joints are terrible. Three sets is too much. Two is just perfect. I keep the weight moderately heavy. Uhhh...I guess thats it.

Goals and Acknowledgements:

This product should aid my overall health goals. Recovery is a very important aspect of being able to consistantly go into the gym and do good for yourself. I'm looking forward to noticing the improvement in that area as well as athletic improvement as a result of improved recovery.

Thanks to SNI for this logging opportunity! Now....let's get to work!

Word, dog.

All business.

Unleash The Beast Within coolaidml's Avatar
    coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sub'd.
    (**Beast Sports Nutrition Head Rep**)

Try our new Beast Mode Super Sauna & BCAA Ripped Black!

Store Specials:
    http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/beast/beast.htm

www.********.com/beastsports
    www.twitter.com/beastsports
    www.instagram.com/beastsportsnutrition

Any views or opinions presented are those of me and do not represent Beast.

{COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW}

Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by coolaidml View Post
    Sub'd.
    Welcome.
    All business.

Initial Review:

Taste:

SNI's Fruit Punch flavoring is not too sweet and not too sour. It's almost pleasantly tart. If anything, I'd seriously compare it to Fruit Punch Kool-Aid with a minimal sprinkling of sugar. I like it!

Mixability:

I mixed one scoop in 10 ounces of room temperature water and shook it up vigorously. It did not dissolve completely. There were some relatively normal sized white dots littering the top of the mixture. I'm supposing it's the leucine.

I then let it sit out while I showered and got dressed. When I returned to the shaker it still had not dissolved completely. So I gave it another vigorous shake and let it sit for five more minutes.

It never fully dissolved. No matter, though, as the clumps weren't noticeable when it came time to chug it down.

Most Importantly:

Nothing upsets me more than when a liquid based supplement turns my mouth/teeth some silly color. That said, there were no such problems here! Haha! Thanks, SNI!

Daily update coming in a moment.

All business.

Day 1:

December 22, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Stepmill. 40 minutes. Interval setting at 15.

Core:

Two sets of 50 each situps. Monster setted with two sets of 50 each pushups and two each sets of 10 each pullups.

Two sets of 20 each leg lifts. Monster setted with two sets of planks (held for a minute) followed by two sets of 10 pullups using a different grip.

Weights: Shoulder Day

Rotator Cuff Warm-ups ss w/ Upright Row. 2 Sets.

Seated DB Shoulder Press ss w/ Hammer Curls. 2 Sets.

Behind the neck smith machine shoulder press ss 2/ Shrugs. 2 Sets.

Front Deltoid Raises ss w/ Medicine Ball Delt Routine. 2 Sets.

Musings:

It was a pretty good get-back day. I got to the gym a good four hours after my C:20 (As I mentioned, I have about 10 days left of this.) supplementation and still had a fantastic pump. I was on empty and needing to eat, though, and I could feel the "drag-@ss" coming on. Getting up the 100's for the Shoulder Press' was a pain in the behind. I swear I kept saying it in my head. Looking in the mirror, my face seemed to be saying, "Who you telling?"

Otherwise, all good things. Let's see...uhh... Okay. That's it today. Back day tomorrow.

All business.

coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glad you enjoyed your first day with BCAA Blast!

In regards to mix ability this is very common for BCAA's to not dissolve properly. I have yet to find a a BCAA product that completely dissolves...

Also nice workout today.
    Last edited by coolaidml; 12-23-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Store Specials:

Glad you enjoyed your first day with BCAA Blast!

In regards to mix ability this is very common for BCAA's to not dissolve properly. I have yet to find a a BCAA product that completely dissolves...

Also nice workout today?
    Thanks! It was enjoyable, I agree.

I've found a few to be completely mixable. Namely Xtend, Modern BCAA and there was one more that I can't think of right off of the top of my head. Perhaps this is something specific with HICA as a metabolite of leucine? I know that keeping the water at room temperature and giving it a little time aids in the effort to completely dissolve. I'll mix it before my workout this time and see if that helps. Either way, like I said, not much of an issue.

Yesterday's workout went well. I'm about an hour away from today's. I did post the workout, though it seems as if you didn't see it maybe? It's the post right beneath the one where I initially review BCAA Blast.
    All business.

SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In for the ride
    www.SNIGlobal.com

SNI Beach Body Stack Logging Opportunity
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145087491

Originally Posted by SNIGlobal View Post
    In for the ride
    Welcome!
    All business.

Day 2:

December 23, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

TRX Atomic Pushups. 20. 2 Sets.

Weights: Back Day

Knee supported DB Rows ss w/ Medicine Ball Push Press. 2 Sets.

Lat Pulldowns ss w/ Medicine Ball Delt Tosses. 2 Sets.

Seated Cable Rows ss w/ Various Curls. 2 Sets.

Shrugs ss w/ DB Pullovers. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Had a great workout this morning. My timing was perfect between my pre-workout meal and my actual workout. It felt like I got there just a wave of morning nutrition shuddered through me. I hit the stepmill, had a breathy chat with a breathy blonde, and then went straight into "GO LIFT S#!T" mode.

All business today. No lingering effects from yesterdays workout were noticed. I tested this with additional shoulder/delt workouts today. Although they were light and far from as pressing as yesterdays, there wasn't so much as a twinge felt. Smooth movements all day. Great range of motion and tight muscle squeezes. Perhaps my muscles are also in the holiday spirit? Perhaps.

I mixed the BCAA Blast with more water today (thinking that maybe the solution became saturated yesterday...not the case) and let it sit for far longer. It reached a better blended state, however, that state made it more difficult to sip. I had to chug it. Sipping left the same little particles on the sides of my throat that were visible in the bottle which made me either sip again to clear it or cough. So I chugged.

The taste was not dilluted in a larger amount of water. Still, it was just as good tasting as it was yesterday. Mind you, I'm a fan of tart/tangy tastes.

Chest day tomorrow! 'Til then!

Any questions?

All business.

Originally Posted by Savageous View Post
    Thanks! It was enjoyable, I agree.

I've found a few to be completely mixable. Namely Xtend, Modern BCAA and there was one more that I can't think of right off of the top of my head. Perhaps this is something specific with HICA as a metabolite of leucine? I know that keeping the water at room temperature and giving it a little time aids in the effort to completely dissolve. I'll mix it before my workout this time and see if that helps. Either way, like I said, not much of an issue.

Yesterday's workout went well. I'm about an hour away from today's. I did post the workout, though it seems as if you didn't see it maybe? It's the post right beneath the one where I initially review BCAA Blast.

There wasn't supposed to be a ? mark there lol. I've changed it now haha.

Store Specials:

Day 2:

December 23, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

TRX Atomic Pushups. 20. 2 Sets.

Weights: Back Day

Knee supported DB Rows ss w/ Medicine Ball Push Press. 2 Sets.

Lat Pulldowns ss w/ Medicine Ball Delt Tosses. 2 Sets.

Seated Cable Rows ss w/ Various Curls. 2 Sets.

Shrugs ss w/ DB Pullovers. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Had a great workout this morning. My timing was perfect between my pre-workout meal and my actual workout. It felt like I got there just a wave of morning nutrition shuddered through me. I hit the stepmill, had a breathy chat with a breathy blonde, and then went straight into "GO LIFT S#!T" mode.

All business today. No lingering effects from yesterdays workout were noticed. I tested this with additional shoulder/delt workouts today. Although they were light and far from as pressing as yesterdays, there wasn't so much as a twinge felt. Smooth movements all day. Great range of motion and tight muscle squeezes. Perhaps my muscles are also in the holiday spirit? Perhaps.

I mixed the BCAA Blast with more water today (thinking that maybe the solution became saturated yesterday...not the case) and let it sit for far longer. It reached a better blended state, however, that state made it more difficult to sip. I had to chug it. Sipping left the same little particles on the sides of my throat that were visible in the bottle which made me either sip again to clear it or cough. So I chugged.

The taste was not dilluted in a larger amount of water. Still, it was just as good tasting as it was yesterday. Mind you, I'm a fan of tart/tangy tastes.

Chest day tomorrow! 'Til then!

Any questions?

Glad you had a great workout! I love those days where everything seems in sync and you feel your body is doing exactly what you want it to!

For your lifts what sort of weights are you moving?

Store Specials:

There wasn't supposed to be a ? mark there lol. I've changed it now haha.
    That was funny! I was betting that it was an accident but I didn't want to count on it. Ha!

Glad you had a great workout! I love those days where everything seems in sync and you feel your body is doing exactly what you want it to!

For your lifts what sort of weights are you moving?
    Yeap! Those are, indeed, the good days! For the DB Rows I used 120 pounders. For the pulldowns I had the peg in the 16 notch (goes to 20) and I pull down in a very controlled manner. Same with the Seated Rows. I shrugged with 3 45 plates on each side. I do 8 to the front and then 8 to the back and I consider that 1 set. So I do it twice. It was a back day which gassed my arms, so I was only able to curl the 45's for reps. For everything I do with a medicine ball or one with a handle I use either the 30 or the 25 pounder. Depending on how my shoulders are feeling. I used 80 pound DB's on the pullovers. Afterwards, I felt great and looked pretty big with the pump going. I was VERY happy with the workout all the way around. I wanted to throw in some additional core work on the way out but my gym buddy (we don't work out together, we just travel together) pulled up lame on a sprint and was ready to go sit on some ice. Tragedy.

Do you have a log on-going that I can follow?

Peace, man!
    All business.

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll be following!
    Here to help!

That was funny! I was betting that it was an accident but I didn't want to count on it. Ha!

Yeap! Those are, indeed, the good days! For the DB Rows I used 120 pounders. For the pulldowns I had the peg in the 16 notch (goes to 20) and I pull down in a very controlled manner. Same with the Seated Rows. I shrugged with 3 45 plates on each side. I do 8 to the front and then 8 to the back and I consider that 1 set. So I do it twice. It was a back day which gassed my arms, so I was only able to curl the 45's for reps. For everything I do with a medicine ball or one with a handle I use either the 30 or the 25 pounder. Depending on how my shoulders are feeling. I used 80 pound DB's on the pullovers. Afterwards, I felt great and looked pretty big with the pump going. I was VERY happy with the workout all the way around. I wanted to throw in some additional core work on the way out but my gym buddy (we don't work out together, we just travel together) pulled up lame on a sprint and was ready to go sit on some ice. Tragedy.

Do you have a log on-going that I can follow?

Peace, man!

Ya I do have a log going at the moment. Here's the link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140634381

Store Specials:

Originally Posted by JH34PG View Post
    I'll be following!
    Thanks! And welcome.

Ya I do have a log going at the moment. Here's the link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140634381
    Gotcha. Thanks!
    All business.

Day 3:

December 24, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weighted cable crunches. 20 each. 2 Sets

Weights: Chest

DB Incline Bench Press ss w/ Reverse Pec Deck. 2 Sets.

DB Flat Bench Press ss w/ Hammer Curls. 2 Sets.

Incline DB Flye ss w/ DB Triceps Kick Back. 2 Sets.

Close Grip Bench Press ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Last workout day for the week as Christmas is tomorrow. I figure I'll attempt a run around my neighborhood and a TRX Session in my garage. All for the fun of it.

Today's workout was pretty good. It seems like I'm getting used to my pre-weights routine as almost everything leading up to it was a breeze today. I was still sweating my butt off when I got off of the stepmill. It's just that I wasn't panting my typical haggard cadence. I'm likely going to change it up and challenge my core a lot more. It has to happen. Progress.

Also, to note, those stupid calf pumps came back during the stepmill workout. They come. They go. I hate them all the same.

Thinking about upping my servings of BCAA Blast to two a day. One to sip on while working out and the other post workout as was a suggestion on the instructions. Hopefully there are no problems with me doing that. SNI folks, if you'd rather me keep it to just one serving a day to make this log last as long as possible then that is fine with me. Just let me know!

Today was the best day in regards to the product dissolving. I used cold water instead and 15 ounces of it. In about 40 minutes there was a light dusting of residual product atop the rest of the dissolved solution. Cool!

All business.

Day 4:

December 26, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Two sets of hanging leg raises ss w/ weighted hyperextensions.

Weights: Arms

21's ss w/ CGBP. 2 Sets.

Hammer Curls ss w/ DB Triceps Kickback. 2 Sets.

Preacher Curl ss w/ Overhead Triceps Extension. 2 Sets.

Concentration Curl ss w/ Triceps Pushdown ss w/ Triceps Pulldown. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Say word to the fact that I took Christmas Day completely off. I'd like to say that I was enjoying my time in the Holiday spirt...but that'd be a lie. It was just way too cold outside to go for that run I was planning. Oh well. I guess if there's any day to be a biscuit about something like running in the cold then Christmas be that day. Agreed?

Todays workout was one for the ages. Great pump all over and I was tireless. I got that cramp in my calves again. I'm just going to continue ignoring it. What else can I do, right?

I've been chronicling about some of my mid-range back pain recently and I think I've got it nailed as of today. I had been previously ignoring core work and now I do it and do it well. If there's anything I think I've learned but have truly not learned it's BALANCE. I think I had been neglecting my lower abs while putting a lot of emphasis on my upper trunk. I had noticed a tightness down there and thought it was lingering DOMS or something. I don't think so anymore. So I adjusted fire and added a boatload of lower ab work. It's going to become a mainstay and it's that change-up for the ab routine that I was promising myself. Cool.

This is the last time I'll mention this as I'm sure it's getting tiresome to read: To anyone who is solely interested mixability as opposed to effectiveness, this may not be the product for you. I mixed the solution last night and let it sit for close to 13 hours in my fridge agitating it every time I opened the fridge door. Still it did not dissolve completely. That said, I personally love the taste and find that the inability to dissolve completely does not alter the effectiveness of the product and it's ability to deliver. Good things. Also, I'm sticking with 18 ounces of water per scoop. Works good that way.

Legs tomorrow. Let's get it!

All business.

No worries about taking a day off from your run on Christmas. I personally also took Christmas & today off from the gym. Christmas is like the one time of year where I will allow myself also to eat whatever I like etc. You really do need to treat your body every once and awhile and give it a break from the physical punishment it receives each week haha...

Also I find it great that you've added the abs to your routine. Our bodies do need to be trained in every area. Neglecting one area will only lead to problems down the road! I also cringe when I see guys at the gym only doing arms or chest each day and never doing any ab or lower body training.

Store Specials:

No worries about taking a day off from your run on Christmas. I personally also took Christmas & today off from the gym. Christmas is like the one time of year where I will allow myself also to eat whatever I like etc. You really do need to treat your body every once and awhile and give it a break from the physical punishment it receives each week haha...

Also I find it great that you've added the abs to your routine. Our bodies do need to be trained in every area. Neglecting one area will only lead to problems down the road! I also cringe when I see guys at the gym only doing arms or chest each day and never doing any ab or lower body training.
    Yeap! I respect my off days. And while I sometimes feel a little iffy about taking them off, I'm always more than ready to kick ass again the next day. Special folks this community of ours. We seem to truly enjoy physically pushing our bodies to the threshold. Ha!

I've always worked legs. Abs/Core...nope. I've been very neglectful. Since this summer, however, I've done much, much better. The other day when I was helping my buddy train for a tough mudder he was surprised that I was constantly outdoing him on situps, crunches, pushups and pullups. I, meanwhile, was unimpressed with his dedication to work on them more. Ha! Oh well. I'm sure next time he'll have stepped his game up. We shall see!
    All business.

Day 5:

December 27, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weights: Legs

Squats ss w/ DB Deadlifts. 2 Sets.

Leg Press ss w/ Lying leg curl. 2 Sets.

Hack Squat ss w/ Seated Leg curl. 2 Sets.

Farmers Walk ss w/ Alternating DB Curls. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Ker-plop! That's the noise I made when I finally slumped into my car after my workout. Great leg day! Balance-balance-balance. I had previously had an issue with my legs (about two years ago) where my hammies were growing more than my quads. I stopped doing so much hammy work and ended up with an odd pain in my quads because they had overtaken my hammies. Back on to that balance talk.

I'm interested in the performance of BCAA Blast today. I really tried to kick my butt in the gym and I'm interested in seeing how much less severe the DOMS are tomorrow. We'll see. I know they were somewhat noticeable today as I tried to take advantage of a woman friend on a uhhhh...mutual couch and uhhh... my knees hurt afterwards. Uhhhh....

The day has gone well otherwise. I've been in a fantastic mood and my attitude towards working has been very "Murder This Gym!!!". Yes sir!

Shoulders tomorrow. I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

All business.

SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNIGlobal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interested to see how the Blast helped with the recovery from the leg workout.
    www.SNIGlobal.com

SNI Beach Body Stack Logging Opportunity
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145087491

finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000)

Initial Review:

Taste:

SNI's Fruit Punch flavoring is not too sweet and not too sour. It's almost pleasantly tart. If anything, I'd seriously compare it to Fruit Punch Kool-Aid with a minimal sprinkling of sugar. I like it!

Mixability:

I mixed one scoop in 10 ounces of room temperature water and shook it up vigorously. It did not dissolve completely. There were some relatively normal sized white dots littering the top of the mixture. I'm supposing it's the leucine.

I then let it sit out while I showered and got dressed. When I returned to the shaker it still had not dissolved completely. So I gave it another vigorous shake and let it sit for five more minutes.

It never fully dissolved. No matter, though, as the clumps weren't noticeable when it came time to chug it down.

Most Importantly:

Nothing upsets me more than when a liquid based supplement turns my mouth/teeth some silly color. That said, there were no such problems here! Haha! Thanks, SNI!

Daily update coming in a moment.

That's what daddy likes to see. Great job in here muh man!

Originally Posted by SNIGlobal View Post
    Interested to see how the Blast helped with the recovery from the leg workout.
    Here comes the update! Or something like it.

Originally Posted by finns03 View Post
    That's what daddy likes to see. Great job in here muh man!
    I do it!
    All business.

Day 6:

December 28, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weights: Shoulders

Cable Rotator Cuff Warm-ups. 2 Sets.

DB Shoulder Press ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.

DB Front Delt Raises ss w/ Medicine ball delt routine . 2 Sets.

Cable Upright Row ss w/ Cable Curls. 2 Sets.

Shrugs ss w/ Box Jumps. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Sore legs today but that didn't hinder my stepmill workout or my hopability during box jumps. In fact, I had a touch more spring to my step during my box jumps today. I grabbed the second to the tallest one and actually cleared the "obstacle" during my last jump just to see if I could. Mind over matter? Maybe.

Great pump today. I looked BIG like "Yo..gimme your fries, ho!" Another tireless workout. I specifically recall thinking that I should have been breathing harder than I was. It was one of those learned responses where you're like..."Wait...why am I breathing so hard?" and then you correct and just move on. Pretty cool!

I've noticed that my wake-ups have been a touch more refreshing. I just spring up and go about my business. I'm not sure if it's the enhanced recovery to blame or the fact that the stress of the BIG holiday having been put to rest. I wonder.... I suppose we'll see, yes?

Back day tomorrow. I'm gonna go apple-ka-bobs. I can already feel it! Peace.

All business.

Day 7:

December 29, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weights: Back

Bench Supported DB Rows ss w/ Medicine Ball Shoulder tosses. 2 Sets.

Lat Pulldowns ss w/ DB Pullovers. 2 Sets.

Seated Cable Rows ss w/ Reverse Pec Deck. 2 Sets.

Concentration Curls ss w/ Triceps Pushdowns. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Good workout today. I had some stiffness in my right shoulder (old injury) that normally works its way out while I'm doing my core/warm-up. Not today. It didn't affect my lifts too much but it put me in a concerned state to where I didn't want to get out of my comfort zone just a little bit. So I played it safe in regard to the amount of reps I did and exercise chosen as the second half of the super set.

No soreness in the shoulders otherwise, as my left shoulder was fine and without pain of any kind.

Chest day tomorrow as long as I don't feel any stiffness in the shoulder. Otherwise I'll change it up and go for legs again because it's my favorite "because you can't do what you're scheduled to do" day. Word.

All business.

finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000) finns03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do it!
    Damn right!

Day 7:

Good workout today. I had some stiffness in my right shoulder (old injury) that normally works its way out while I'm doing my core/warm-up. Not today. It didn't affect my lifts too much but it put me in a concerned state to where I didn't want to get out of my comfort zone just a little bit. So I played it safe in regard to the amount of reps I did and exercise chosen as the second half of the super set.

I also have been having shoulder issues on my left side and it has really hindered my shoulder progress so I know what it's like... Hope it doesn't give you more problems in the coming workouts!

Store Specials:

I also have been having shoulder issues on my left side and it has really hindered my shoulder progress so I know what it's like... Hope it doesn't give you more problems in the coming workouts!
    It's a tough go, isn't it? Shoulder problems can really gum up the works with everything. I initially injured it very badly in 2000 in the military and I've had various problems with it over the years. I'm getting pretty good at knowing when to cut out the crap and take care of it. Hopefully this time will be much the same. Hope yours gets better too, man!
    All business.

Day 8:

December 31, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weights: Chest

Pec Deck Century Sets. 2 Sets.

Hammer Strength Incline Press. 2 Sets.

Flat Bench DB Press ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.

Incline Bench DB Flyes ss w/ CGBP. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Took the day off yesterday and subsequently did not take BCAA Blast that day. I did take it today.

Had a great workout. Lighter weights to help my shoulder not take a beating. Higher, more controlled reps. I got that "dense and deep" pump as a result. My core feels as if it's getting much stronger. Those muscles are typically pretty vascular but as I do so much I normally have just the smallest amount of tightness to them the next workout day. I've noticed that that has not been the case. Not sure if I'm just getting used to it (which I'm not because I just added more) or the BCAA Blast recovery effect is to blame. Interesting.

No calf pumps on the stepmill. That seems to be a come and go thing. Going for a midnight run with a few friends tonight. It's one of those things we do every New Years. Run and watch the fireworks. It's pretty interesting and a healthy alternative to just sitting back and getting tanked. Well...healthier. We'll still probably attempt a mini-tanking after the run! Ha!

Happy New Years, everyone!

All business.