Shneep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Facet joint arthrosis

Hey guys, i have gotten some bad news.
    Quick backstory:
    I have been powerlifting for about 2 years, but about a year ago i started getting numb toes in my right feet and small cramps in my right calve.
    At the age of 18 i had an operation on my left knee due to "Osgood–Schlatter", and the tendon is very prone to inflammation so i visit the physical therapist quite a lot, while there i mentioned the toes and calve and if i could do some calve stretching to fix it. He immediately told me that it was very likely a nerve was getting pinched in my back and i should have an MRI to check it out.
    About a half year ago i got the results: Facet joint arthrosis, meaning that the little stumps on the end deteriorate and get calcified making them bigger and the nerve running through L4 and L5 is getting pinched doing certain movement or under load (can't exactly tell u when how or what because i don't know), therapist told me that i'd be better if i stopped doing the powerlifting thing but i thought "lol nope i love doing this u'r not going to take this away from me". We agreed to disagree and he started treatment for the lower back pain and we set up a routine (redcord) to strengthen my core (weak abs/glutes, strong back/quads mild lordosis present) and a stretching routine which i kept up religiously.
    Started feeling better, numb toes and cramps in calve went away, i thought i was ready to get back into it. Started back from 0 and wanted to do SL or SS, but thought i'd be better to do PHUL because of the slower progression and less heavy load. Not to long after i started again the symptoms were back again + lower back pain, first i tried to deny it but today i realized that it can't go on like this. Talked to my therapist again about it and he repeated what he said before: stop doing the heavy weight, but he doesn't even mean the really heavy weight, he means like do 20 reps on low weight for the rest of my life.

How do i deal with the fact that i'll never be strong ?
    Will never be able to deadlift again ?
    Where do i go from here ?
    Do i really have to quit ?
    Does anyone have any experience with this ?

I'd love to get feedback from people who've had similar problems.
    Thankfull for all responses.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Have you talked to an actual doctor? I'm unfamiliar with that diagnosis myself but perhaps there is a surgical option (with orthopedic surgery I'd imagine) to give more room so there is less stress on the nerve?