Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cloakedgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting out of "Starvation Mode"

So I have been limiting my calorie intake to about 1500-1900 calories per day, while working out 1-2 hours a day for over a year. (1 - 1.5 hours of lifting and .5 hours of cardio on average). I am 6'3.5'' and 180lbs. I've been feeling like hell, and been very unhappy for the past 8-10 months, and i believe its directly related to my diet. I eat clean, but i simply dont eat enough.

My calorie intake should be around 2900-3400 calories per day with my activity level. I am trying to build back up to that, so I'm starting to add calories back into my diet. I'm hitting roughly 2400-2500 per day and the weight has started to pile on, and its only been a week of this. 1 week ago today, my body weight was 175lbs, today at the gym, i weighed in at 183 lbs. This is not a healthy rate of weight gain, and I know its because of my body storing the calories since its been starving for so long. I have been in the best mood all week, and I feel amazing. My question is, how long will it take before I level off and start to return to a normal, and maintain a steady weight at around 2900 calories? does anyone have experience with this?

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Please don't use the words starvation mode. We don't want this to turn into a 10 page thread. You should increase your calories and eat at maintenance for a while before starting to cut again. Don't worry about the immediate weight gain. ~3500 calories over maintenance will equal approximately 1 pound of fat. What you have been gaining is most likely water, glycogen, etc. Give it another 2 weeks before drawing any conclusions.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's mostly water weight and food in your GI tract

Just slowly increase calories say by 100 per week

Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a bitch.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    Please don't use the words starvation mode. We don't want this to turn into a 10 page thread. You should increase your calories and eat at maintenance for a while before starting to cut again. Don't worry about the immediate weight gain. ~3500 calories over maintenance will equal approximately 1 pound of fat. What you have been gaining is most likely water, glycogen, etc. Give it another 2 weeks before drawing any conclusions.
    Why not? Did I miss any developments lately? Does starvation mode not exist?

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    Why not? Did I miss any developments lately? Does starvation mode not exist?
    The very words "starvation mode" starts a semantic debate and ends with two different sides talking about two different things. Your body is not starving. Adapting maybe. Just trying to help you out. It's up to you though.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    The very words "starvation mode" starts a semantic debate and ends with two different sides talking about two different things. Your body is not starving. Adapting maybe. Just trying to help you out. It's up to you though.
    Lol that is true, unless you're eating like 300 calories a day. Oh and I'm not the OP but I was just wondering lol. I should be in "starvation mode" according to many, but I'm not.