sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PSMF diet with Every other day refeeds experiment? Anyone with experience?

Once I get down to around 15% body fat I am going to do a little experiment and here it goes. In essense this should have me losing around 1 lb a week or maybe 1.5lbs so I should avoid plateuas. Here it is.

Diet

Training Days

At least 1g/lb of LBM Lean Protein
    200 - 300g Carbs in a 5 Hour feeding window PWO
    Under 30g Fat

Around Maintenance calories

Non Training Days

1.5g/lb of LBM Lean Protein
    6g of Omega3 Fish Oil
    0 - 5g of Carbs
    Green Veg

Very low cal 8cals/lb at the most

Training

Training Days

Mon/Wed/Fri

Full Body Compounds (Squat, Incline Bench or Overhead Press, Pulls/Chins/Rows), 3 x 6-8
    Wednesday- Instead of full squats, I will do some box jumps and some agility drills with full recovery followed by treadmill interval runs(4mph jog 1 minute and 12 mpg fast run for 30 seconds and repeat until tired.

Non Training Days

Tu/Sat LISS cardio for 30 minutes

Sunday-Rest

I am hoping I can increase my strength or atleast maintain it while dropping body fat into the single digits.

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're saying this should have you losing 1-1.5 pounds a week why not just do a standard 500-750 calories deficit each day...

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only thing I really see this helping is tracking your caloric intake. It'll probably be easier for your counts to be accurate on PSMF days due to a decrease in variety of foods.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Because as strange as this seems I like being strict with myself. I honestly find it very easy to do PSMF diets. I am doing a PSMF day today actually. I have 3 cans of chicken, each can has 60 grams of protein in it. I have my 6 grams of fish oil, 2 pills each can. I take a multivitamin every day and a couple calcium tablets to make sure I am ok on a diet. The beauty of this diet is 3 days a week I can eat a lot of pasta or brown rice and not have to sweat it so much. 400 grams of carbs breaks down to a lot of cereal, oatmeal, brown rice or whatever my gf makes. Just as an example but counting 20 grams of potatoes or rice and having people think I am crazy is annoying. This way it almost masks the fact that I am dieting. This diet also allows for partys or friends and family gatherings as well. If my parents come over or if I get invited to go out to eat or something I can order a big plate of pasta and have whatever protein source is served with it and not think about it so much. Pretty much I can eat a lot 3 days a week and not have to feel like I am dieting. This is all personal preference but I enjoy eating and I don't like dieting. I don't want to give the impression that I can't control myself because in all reality I know my strengths and weaknesses. 3 days I can eat a lot which helps physiologically and psychologically and 4 days I fight.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Right, you suffer a lot some days of the week as opposed to suffering a bit all days. Whatever works, things might change as you start to get very lean though.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why not just eat the same everyday. Doing that will lead to binges, you fat intake is going to be consistently too low even for me which will lead to even more extreme cravings.

I could eat the same every day but then personally I feel like I am dieting. It is hard to explain but I am sure some of you guys can understand what I mean. On rest days I just eat a lot of chicken, fish or a little cheese for 3 meals followed by 30-45 minutes of cardio. 3 days out of the weak I wake up like christmas morning. I love lifting weights and I love eating so in my opinion being happy for half the week is better then being miserable all week. I would rather have 400 grams of pasta or my favorite kids cereal or maybe a footlong sub 3 days a week then have to count how many carbs I am having for 6 meals a day 7 days a week. On rest days I fast until around 1:30pm then I eat again at 4-4:30 then finally 6:30 dinner time. During my fast I have a lot of caffeinated green tea or black coffee and when I am fasting I am not hungry. On training days I fast until 1:30 again and then I will have a big protein shake with oatmeal so around 60 grams of protein and 100 grams of carbs. From their I will workout and then PWO I can have 300 grams of carbs and that works out to be a lot of great tasting food. Doing that 3 days a week is great. If I have around a 1300 calorie deficit 4 days a week that equals around 1.4lbs of fat loss a week. I am hoping I don't run into any plateaus because I am in a sense carb cycling with huge refeeds every other day. I can't take credit for this because I have read some other peoples logs on other websites so I decided to share it here with you guys but the people who did this went from mid teens of body fat well into 6-8% body fat and these people swore it was the easiest way to diet for them. On those high carb days you could ever have a few glasses of wine or a couple beers. I am not saying go all out with drinking but if the occasion calls for it have a couple glasses. This way of dieting is efficient and easy for me personally.

Registered User AspiringSoldier's Avatar
    AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) AspiringSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally, I think your approach is fine. Though, some carriage returns would be nice

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    whatever works for you.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry to keep this going but just out of curiosity do you think that doing 30 minutes of LISS after my weight training days and carb load days would be better then doing LISS cardio on rest days as far as fat loss goes? Thanks

RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried some kind of variation of this for a while. Parts of it were great, others not so much. Although my calorie cycling was pretty extreme. Somewhere in the range of 4000 calories on workout days, 500 the day after. I usually didn't feel very hungry the next day though, since my body was likely still digesting what it ate the night before. The biggest hurdle I think was that the more food I eat in a day, the hungrier I seem to get. I'm pretty sure I could eat forever. It worked, but I decided it wasn't for me.