texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000) texanchris is a name known to all. (+5000)

Losing Motivation...

2 years ago i was 230 pounds and 30% body fat. I decided that i was tired of being fat and started working out and after about 6 months, i was 145. I then decided to start lifting and got up to my current weight of 181 but i am just tired. I used to be so excited to go to the gym when i was losing/gaining all that weight and now it just feels like a chore. I took a week and a half off of weight lifting because i thought i might have burnt out but that didn't help much. Every time i go to the gym i know i don't want to be there where as before i would love going to the gym. I don't want to lose the 2 years worth of hard work that i put in but i don't know what to do? what do you guys do when you start losing motivation?
    Last edited by texanchris; 12-17-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mxxz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watch videos about inspirational people, such as frank zane or any great people, and everyday you wake up picture your inspiration as to what you want to become.

angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go with friends. I watch youtube vids b4 going 2 the gym
    Kid on the gym sees you working out your shoulders ...
    Asks "How much can you bench?" 0_O

inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100) inofe is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do you got range like a texan

jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Seems like you reached your goal of being "normal" and don't care anymore. You have to find another reason for motivation, a new reason why you want to lift weights, etc. Used to be a fatty myself, once you hit that normal weight goal, everything seems the same. Once you're normal, do you want to continue to be normal, or be extraordinary :0. I've always viewed a person's health/physical appearance as a tell sign of how they take care of themselves, shows dedication,discipline It keeps me going.

I didn't sleep last night, but today is upper body, listening to some music, thinking about how much of an awesome workout I'm going to have, and I'm going to go kill it!
    "The more I began to lift weights, the more I became addicted to the feeling of being bigger and stronger."

firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10) firenyourheart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP...you gotta be the one to keep putting that motivation log on the fire. Do it for you. You may have reached your goal but your not dead or washed up. Your motivation should be not to ever go back to being a lard and being lazy. More and more americans are becoming over weight by the minute. Walk around town and I bet you that you look better than 3/4 of who you see. The worst thing you can do is conform and be like everyone else. If looking good and staying in shape was easy then everyone would be but its not and it takes hard work which most people are allergic to. Do it for you!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten."
    ***Georgia Crew***

Voytek418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Voytek418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Voytek418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Voytek418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sometimes when I really loose motivation, and I realise that I want something, I just stop thinking and start doing. When your thoughts are not well, it's better not to think and just act. Go to the gym dude ;P
    I try to think only when my head is fine.

jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I bought a tub of Superpump Max, now I cannot wait to get to the gym and lift like crazy. Srs!!! You just need to find your little buzz to reignite the spark.

FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitToFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting

YasiTheE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Voytek418 View Post
    Sometimes when I really loose motivation, and I realise that I want something, I just stop thinking and start doing. When your thoughts are not well, it's better not to think and just act. Go to the gym dude ;P
    I try to think only when my head is fine.
    Superb advise Brah....Exactly what um also following....

btmosher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally I find motivation in numbers. I believe in the mantra that if you track it, it will improve. Log your workouts and calories daily and take measurements to see how your body composition changes. Every day/week/month set goals for yourself and work towards them. It could be something like increasing your 1RM in a particular exercise or losing a 1lb/week. Also, break up the monotony of your workout routines. Keep your body guessing as to what is coming at it next.

Hope that helps man, good luck!

eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Stop thinking and start working man!! The more pessimistic you are about the situation the more you'll grow to hate it.

I actually started to lose motivation a couple months ago, too. Tracking calories and macros and all that every day was starting to get on my nerves. Just pounded into my mind the reason why I started in the first place and reminded myself that I have goals I want to accomplish and whining about it isn't gonna get me anywhere.

You may also want to start making long-term and short-term goals. Aim to accomplish a specific feat and give yourself a pressured but realistic time frame to achieve it. That should help you at least a little bit.

NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by eight-pack View Post
    Stop thinking and start working man!! The more pessimistic you are about the situation the more you'll grow to hate it.

I actually started to lose motivation a couple months ago, too. Tracking calories and macros and all that every day was starting to get on my nerves. Just pounded into my mind the reason why I started in the first place and reminded myself that I have goals I want to accomplish and whining about it isn't gonna get me anywhere.

You may also want to start making long-term and short-term goals. Aim to accomplish a specific feat and give yourself a pressured but realistic time frame to achieve it. That should help you at least a little bit.
    Exactly! Good answer.