THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hammer grip pull ups? educate me

Suspinated pull ups = bi's + lats, pronated = mostly lats.. Right? So would working hammer grip be the best of both? I ask because im tired of bouncing between pro and sus for there specific benefits to arms and lats. Could/would using hammer grip grant the same benefits to numbers/mass and save time? Thanks

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    If you're realtively new to training, there's not really going to be enough difference between any of them to amount to much. I'd suggest you pick whichever variant causes the least discomfort in your shoulders, elbows, and wrists, and then work to progress your rep counts.

Past that, everyone's body mechanics are going to be a little different. Experiment, and besides the above joint issue, see which one works your back the best.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for me i feel the least of both when i do hammer grip.this grip seems to be the easiest to do in my case.

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly I think you could be over complicating it. The differences in the movements aren't significant IMO.

You'll be able to do more weight with a hammer grip but does this mean it's a better exercise? Probably not.

Just pick your favourite all 3 are good exercises! I don't like rowing or pull down/up movements with a supinated grip but thats personal preference.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hammer grip gives you an easier time on the bottom like a pro-up and an easier time at the top like a sup-up in terms of weird shoulder/wrist issues.

THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THCshellshock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tomsfish View Post
    for me i feel the least of both when i do hammer grip.this grip seems to be the easiest to do in my case.
    Agreed, i had no doubts about it potentialy being the easiest, but is it easier because more muscles can be involved? Possibly so. Now if i was to weight the exercize taxing it to a 8-12 rep set i would be inducing growth from as many areas as possible and having ONE pull up compound to concentrate on numbers wise

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you're realtively new to training, there's not really going to be enough difference between any of them to amount to much. I'd suggest you pick whichever variant causes the least discomfort in your shoulders, elbows, and wrists, and then work to progress your rep counts.

Past that, everyone's body mechanics are going to be a little different. Experiment, and besides the above joint issue, see which one works your back the best.
    None cause discomfort

And i cant accuratly track my back growth for either over a few weeks differance, Which is all i do 1 type of pull up for

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by THCshellshock View Post
    Agreed, i had no doubts about it potentialy being the easiest, but is it easier because more muscles can be involved? Possibly so. Now if i was to weight the exercize taxing it to a 8-12 rep set i would be inducing growth from as many areas as possible and having ONE pull up compound to concentrate on numbers wise
    i would say the opposite is the case.if you want back development go with pullups.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pronated grip is the least advantaged in terms of lats, and supinated is second-least because the twist of the forearms makes the contraction of the upper-arms harder unless you position hands wide for pronated, or close for supinated. Neutral grip is well, neutral.

Adding bicep force into the mix, it's going to help the supinated grip the most obviously, and hammer curl/neutral won't be too far behind. It makes a lot more of a difference the more you rely on your biceps force though.

If the lats are doing the work, with the biceps just using endurance, then neutral will be easiest because of the non-twisted forearms.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pronated grip tends to really hurt my shoulders ... especially wide grip.

Suppinated grip doesn't hurt my shoulders at all but I feel my biceps take over too much and tire out very quickly.

Semi-supinated / hammer / neutral is the best for me personally.

Whatever grip you can use and really pull with your lats and feel the burn in your lats is the grip that I'd say you should use.