mignatov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to lose the last layer of bodyfat?

Hey guys,

For the past 5 years I have been reading a lot and experimenting with different training styles. This is my first post here and I'd like to express my frustration with the results that I am getting and hopefully to get some useful advice. So here is the situation: right now I am kind of lean, but still there is that last layer of bodyfat that I cannot get rid of. I am following a very strict diet - no simple sugars, no simple carbs, no transfats, etc. Pretty much all I am eating is fish (mostly tuna and salmon), vegetables, cottage cheese, fruits, nuts (mostly almonds and walnuts) and I drink only low fat milk and mineral water. Generally, I am taking 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight and my daily calorie intake is around 3000. I am training 4-5 time per week. During the summer I used to jog 40-60mins about 3 times per week and now I do 20min of fast pace waking on a treadmill with 15% incline every other training. I used to be about 190 pounds, but since I started watching my diet strictly I dropped to about 180, which makes me look a bit skinny as I am 6'2 (188cm) tall.
    The supplements that I am taking are:
    whey - ON Whey - first thing in the morning and immediately after training
    multivitamin - ON Opti-Men
    flaxseed oil or omega 3-6-9
    magnesium - NOW
    antioxidant - chromium picolinate
    pre-workout supplement - Muscletech NeuroCore
    sometimes ZMA before sleep

As I mentioned I have been training continuously for the past 5 years and for the last 6 months I have been following a strict diet. And I really mean 'strict' - no cheat meals, no cake on birthday parties, no nothing.
    And still I am not as lean as I imagined I would be. I see some results, but they might as well be due to the fact that I lost about 10 pounds.
    I have read hundreds of articles and discussed with trainers the methods for losing that last layer of fat (especially on the abdominal section) and it seems like I am doing everything by the book. However, the desired results are not there.

I am very open minded and I am willing to experiment with new training techniques so all kind of comments and advice are welcome.

amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cutting on 3000 must have been nice for a while but you had to know that you'd have to decrease calories at some point? Maybe 500?
    BP 225x2
    Squat 315x3
    Deadlift 475x1
    OHP 130x4

gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gesundheit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest that you lower your daily calorie intake to around 2,200 - 2,500 and change your cardio routine. Instead of doing only low intensity cardio, try doing "High Intensity Interval Training" for 10 minutes (intervals of 2:1) and then follow it with 10 minutes of fast pace walking on the treadmill. This will help you burn off the fat quickly.

schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the above posters pretty much covered it.2 things - lower calories & carbs and try HIIT. another thing that you may try before dropping calories,which may sound a bit strange but has helped me when cutting in the past. slightly increase calories (400-500) for a week and alter your nutrition plan slightly i.e. increase carbs and fat a little.when you start cutting again you will see that those 2-3 lbs will drop faster. maybe your problem is not having any cheat meals...they do help kickstart you metabolism if it slows down after a long time of cutting.

A couple of years ago I was doing only high intensity cardio, but besides sweating much more the results were the same. Furthermore, I was getting much more tired and could not recover well for the next day's training. Now, a lot of trainers are promoting the low-intensity cardio and I decided to give it a try.
    I don't want to cut the calories below 3000 because I will start losing weight, which is something I want to avoid. According to my calculations and experience, I need about 3000 cals per day to maintain my current weight and 3400 to gain about 2 pound per month.
    My short term goal is to go back to 190lbs, but without the exta-fat.

I also want to point out that I don't go throw bulking and then cutting stage, but rather train consistently throughout the year with a bit more 'cardio' such as jogging and outdoor sports during the summer.
    I recently talked to a friend of mine who suggested taking only protein post-workout and then have a meal 30-60min later. Up to now I have been using this 'first 30min after workout window' to eat the meal with most carbs for the day. What do you think about that?

andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrealazio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mignatov View Post
    A couple of years ago I was doing only high intensity cardio, but besides sweating much more the results were the same. Furthermore, I was getting much more tired and could not recover well for the next day's training. Now, a lot of trainers are promoting the low-intensity cardio and I decided to give it a try.
    I don't want to cut the calories below 3000 because I will start losing weight, which is something I want to avoid. According to my calculations and experience, I need about 3000 cals per day to maintain my current weight and 3400 to gain about 2 pound per month.
    Fat weigh.

SO

If you want to lose fat, you MUST lose weight!

mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you want to lose more fat you will have to drop more weight theres no way around it, no such thing as lose fat and gain muscle at the same time at your stage.
    lower your cals to 2000 a day
    i have got quite a bit more size than you and im taking in under 2000kals a day and still not losing weight

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not sure you understand what you're asking of your body. You want to hold your weight at 190 (for whatever reason) but you want to look ripped at 190 as well? So please be realistic for a min and think about this. You want to replace the fat weight with muscle weight. Wouldn't we all love to do that? The rate that you can burn fat is greater than the rate that you can add muscle. Especially at your level. So really the best way to go about the look you're after is to drop the fat and stop worrying about what you weigh. Why do you care if you go lower? You'll look bigger! Once you get lean enough ... (and you'll have to drop to around 2500cal/day by the sounds of it) then keep eating clean and bump your cals back to 3000 or maybe slightly higher. At that point you'll likely start adding a few lbs back and you will stay pretty lean. The only short term goals in bb should be with respect to losing weight. Never set yourself up for failure by expecting to add muscle mass.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what you're asking of your body. You want to hold your weight at 190 (for whatever reason) but you want to look ripped at 190 as well? So please be realistic for a min and think about this. You want to replace the fat weight with muscle weight. Wouldn't we all love to do that? The rate that you can burn fat is greater than the rate that you can add muscle. Especially at your level. So really the best way to go about the look you're after is to drop the fat and stop worrying about what you weigh. Why do you care if you go lower? You'll look bigger! Once you get lean enough ... (and you'll have to drop to around 2500cal/day by the sounds of it) then keep eating clean and bump your cals back to 3000 or maybe slightly higher. At that point you'll likely start adding a few lbs back and you will stay pretty lean. The only short term goals in bb should be with respect to losing weight. Never set yourself up for failure by expecting to add muscle mass.
    ^^^this.

You want to lose the last bit of fat but not drop weight? You have to lose weight, duh. if you want a leaner 190, clean bulk, cut and there you are.

robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're not getting the results, you gotta drop cals simple as that.

b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000) b0yer2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calories are too high.

Once you see a plateau in weight loss, you have to cut calories some more.
    b0yer- Monster By May Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159121171&p=1183014941#post1183014941

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like the others have said I would look to decrease total calories a bit. I know the salmon/nuts have "good fat" but might want to look at the amount of those you are eating as well. I have noticed the fat starts coming fairly quickly when eating nuts but thats just my personal experience. I am sure you already know the proper ratios of fat, protein, carbs so wont go into that.

Im not a huge fan of HIIT for cutting but some swear by it. I think LSD (long slow distance) staying in the fat burn range is more advantageous for me personally. When I go anaerobic, not only do a get exhausted for the next day but it seems to target muscle more than fat. Good luck!

Originally Posted by RandyMcdonald View Post
    Like the others have said I would look to decrease total calories a bit. I know the salmon/nuts have "good fat" but might want to look at the amount of those you are eating as well. I have noticed the fat starts coming fairly quickly when eating nuts but thats just my personal experience. I am sure you already know the proper ratios of fat, protein, carbs so wont go into that.

Im not a huge fan of HIIT for cutting but some swear by it. I think LSD (long slow distance) staying in the fat burn range is more advantageous for me personally. When I go anaerobic, not only do a get exhausted for the next day but it seems to target muscle more than fat. Good luck!
    I will try decreasing the nuts, which I guess will decrease both the total amount of calories and the 'good fat' from my diet while the protein intake will stay the same.
    About the cardio - it's exactly the same with me. When I do anaerobic I get much more exhausted compared to slow long distance where I can still keep my heart rate about 130 bpm.

Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reflexez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As has been said multiple times you'll need to drop some weight if you want to lose the fat.

I guess the other option would be for you to bulk and then cut so you'll eventually endup at the weight you want while being leaner, but really unless you have some amazing reason for needing to be that exact weight then I'd just drop calories (with your training you do I'd imagine you'll lose very little lean compared to fat while dropping a few lbs).

Yes, I agree with the 'losing weight to lose fat' statement. As I mentioned in my first post I dropped 10lbs just by totally eliminating 'junk' foods from my diet and slightly increasing the cardio. However, at 180lbs I am not much leaner than at 190lbs. I hope it would not take dropping another 10-20lbs in order to get ripped.

FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, I agree with the 'losing weight to lose fat' statement. As I mentioned in my first post I dropped 10lbs just by totally eliminating 'junk' foods from my diet and slightly increasing the cardio. However, at 180lbs I am not much leaner than at 190lbs. I hope it would not take dropping another 10-20lbs in order to get ripped.
    Well, take your body fat % and subtract it down to where you want to be and that will tell you how much you will weigh at the end of your cut. You will not put on any muscle naturally if your are burning fat. IMO, most people don't realize how much they have to lose to get "ripped".

You may very well have to lose 10+ to look shredded.
    "Here is some cab fare..." *going into sleep mode*

mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

i know what you mean, what you say does make sense the human body doesnt respond like we want it to everytime, if you eat too little you may compromise your fat loss and start losing muscle, you will become a smaler version of you with less muscle and same bodyfat, how to prevent it? im afraid everyone is different and respond differently to diffrent stimulations.

my advice for personal experience, dont dont stick with the same diet\workout for too long, mess with your routine and see what works best and for how long, than change it again